Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for the New Life Festival

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the New Life Festival, which will be available in a future PTS incremental patch. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you participate in the Festival? Was it fun?
  • Did everything function as expected?
  • Was it clear what you were supposed to do for the quests?
  • Did you complete all the quests?
  • Did you get any of the achievements?
  • Did you encounter any issues with anything involving this event?
  • What did you think of the rewards?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logged onto PTS today and tried using but it says the offer is no longer valid.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evergnar wrote: »
    Logged onto PTS today and tried using but it says the offer is no longer valid.

Same.
    How the hell are we supposed to test it if we can't pick up the quest?
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I purchased the New Life Festival from the Crown Store, but I was not able to find anyway to activate the quest. It doesn't appear in the DLC section of your collections interface and couldn't find anything in Eastmarch.
  • Vandercat
    Vandercat
    ✭✭
    Yep...same.

<sigh>
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, didn't see this thread.

I'm having the same issue.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • ZunaRoath
    ZunaRoath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here, though I think I've seen the place it says, I might not be right, but there is a new tent with some people celebrating the New Life festival just south of Windhelm, before reaching Kynesgrove. Can't do anything with it though as the quest cannot be accepted from the item in the inventory, but there is a book and cool stuff.
    [EU-EP-PC] @Kynes_Peace

Hjalmar Bear-Heart - Main, Stamina Warden
    Svari Wild-Hawk - Magicka Nightblade
    Hulda the Wild - Stamina Warden
    Greg the Witchman - Magicka Necromancer
    Cassius Gallus - Stamina Sorcerer
    Nari War-Shield - Magicka Templar Healer
    Hronvir Winter-Winds - Tank Warden
    Zuna Ice-Bear - Stamina DK
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so I tested this. And it failed. Lol. I right click to use the scroll and it says "This Item is no longer valid".

Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
  • project-2501-84neb18_ESO
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can we get an update on when this will be valid to use?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The New Life Festival will be available to test in a couple weeks in patch 2.6.3. Stay tuned!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZunaRoath
    ZunaRoath
    ✭✭✭✭
    The New Life Festival will be available to test in a couple weeks in patch 2.6.3. Stay tuned!

Awesome, thanks..!
    [EU-EP-PC] @Kynes_Peace

• project-2501-84neb18_ESO

Thanks very much
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Actually, this will be available to test next week, not the week after as we originally thought! Sorry for the confusion.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, this will be available to test next week, not the week after as we originally thought! Sorry for the confusion.

That's great news!
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone figure this out yet? I "bought" the New Life Festical Scroll in the Crown Store and when I use it, it says "This offer is no longer valid". I have no quest. I can't find a tent IN Windhelm with Breda. There is a new pavilion outside Windhelm do south by the Kynesgrove Wayshrine. But no Breda and no quest.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Anyone figure this out yet? I "bought" the New Life Festical Scroll in the Crown Store and when I use it, it says "This offer is no longer valid". I have no quest. I can't find a tent IN Windhelm with Breda. There is a new pavilion outside Windhelm do south by the Kynesgrove Wayshrine. But no Breda and no quest.

Same here. Sent a bug report just in case.

Meet my characters:

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The New Life Festival will begin at 2:00pm EDT (in just over a half hour from now).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZunaRoath
    ZunaRoath
    ✭✭✭✭
    By the way, I found a bug already xD

You can constantly kill the NPCs in the tent, they'll respawn in like 1 second:

RNqnMKm.jpg

8E5WzTT.jpg
    [EU-EP-PC] @Kynes_Peace

• Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZunaRoath wrote: »
    By the way, I found a bug already xD

You can constantly kill the NPCs in the tent, they'll respawn in like 1 second:

RNqnMKm.jpg

8E5WzTT.jpg
    Nah, they're just instantly getting new life.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The festival has begun on PTS. Go forth and enjoy! We're looking forward to hearing what you think. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some one post a video for us curious console players please :)
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed seeing the ways each culture in Tamriel celebrates the New Life Festival.

The rewards are nice, too.

But could it be possible for us to do each step of the quest more than once? If you miss something, you can't get the related achievements on that character, which doesn't seem very cool.

Meet my characters:

• Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    I really enjoyed seeing the ways each culture in Tamriel celebrates the New Life Festival.

But could it be possible for us to do each step of the quest more than once? If you miss something, you can't get the related achievements on that character, which doesn't seem very cool.

Aren't those quests daily repeatable ?
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The quests are dailies. You can do them each day of the new life festival.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlon wrote: »

Aren't those quests daily repeatable ?

I don't know, are they? The NPCs didn't say something like "come back tomorrow", the quest indicators are not colored differently and it looks like the achievements can be completed in one try (I don't know if all of them can, though). It didn't occur me they could be daily.

Edit: Ohh the mudball achievement doesn't seem like it can be completed on the same day. You can target only one ambassador. Well, good to know! Okay, so with that cleared out...

I love the rewards, especially the two Colovian Hoods I got. The blue dye that we get with the achievement is great, too. Very pretty. These were the rewards I got:

Nordic Bather's Towel:
    vfpzcr5.png

Colovian Hood 1 and Colovian Hood 2 (I imagine the names aren't final?):
    9cdTR5m.png

Yes, it was really fun. I found no problems. The quests were very clear and straight-forward and the npcs were nice. I completed all the quests, and I got the achievement for the Khajiiti one.

The best thing of this event is that you didn't make it "totally not Christmas by ignoring the differences between cultures in Tamriel. I love that you did it the way you did, and I hope to see more of these events in the future. Great job.
    Edited by Abeille on September 21, 2016 7:54PM

Meet my characters:

• rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "The Charming Castle Duo" (sorry for "the the") achievement is not considered part of the Glory of Magnus achievement for "completing all the achievements associated with the New Life Festival".

• feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just did all of the quests and found them quite fun and educational :) plus, I even got a bounty when I threw a mud ball at a guard, but not for throwing at anyone else. I guess the guards just don't know what's fun :P

The rewards are great as well and it was nice to see that there are even possible costume rewards in the reward boxes (got the nordic bather's towel).

I didn't encounter any problems with the quests themselves, but at the end I noticed that some achievements are on the achievement page multiple times, i.e. the New Life Celebrant (3 times, was unlocked twice for me), the Glory of Magnus (2x, didn't unlock yet), the Five-Clawed Cat Burgler and the Fire Lighter Zephyr (each 2x, each unlocked once).

And a hint that the quests are daily repeatable would be nice. If I hadn't read it in this thread, I had thought they are one time quests, which would make it hard to impossible to get all the achievements.

All in all, I'm eagerly awaiting this festival on live!
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ohh the mudball achievement doesn't seem like it can be completed on the same day. You can target only one ambassador. Well, good to know! Okay, so with that cleared out...

I guess you can complete them in one day. The achievement doesn't want you to target the ambassadors, but the alliance leaders ;)

Now I'm going to login again and try throwing mudballs from the reward boxes at them, to see if this counts!

EDIT: Ok, you can get the achievement by throwing any mudball at Ayrenn, Jorunn and Emeric. However, this achievement is doubled as well for me, and the double didn't register all throws. I was nearly dispairing when I seemingly couldn't find a Queen Ayrenn who counted for the throw. But in the end it turned out that only the duplicate achievement didn't update correctly.
    Edited by feyii on September 21, 2016 8:32PM
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Some one post a video for us curious console players please :)

I'll see if I can record all the quests
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    feyii wrote: »
    Ohh the mudball achievement doesn't seem like it can be completed on the same day. You can target only one ambassador. Well, good to know! Okay, so with that cleared out...

I guess you can complete them in one day. The achievement doesn't want you to target the ambassadors, but the alliance leaders ;)

Now I'm going to login again and try throwing mudballs from the reward boxes at them, to see if this counts!

EDIT: Ok, you can get the achievement by throwing any mudball at Ayrenn, Jorunn and Emeric. However, this achievement is doubled as well for me, and the double didn't register all throws. I was nearly dispairing when I seemingly couldn't find a Queen Ayrenn who counted for the throw. But in the end it turned out that only the duplicate achievement didn't update correctly.

How do they react?
    And do you get a bounty, like when you throw on guards?

Meet my characters:

• JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no quests markers