Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magika Sorc Amberplasm in PvP build?

Swainburg
Swainburg
✭✭
If I were to operate on the fact that everyone needs to hit certain numbers of each stat (recovery, spell power, health, max magicka, etc.), would Amberplasm be a good set for PvP? Does it outweigh current alternatives? I don't really know much, I'm new to this "Magicka thing".

impene.jpg

To compare the set to Seducer, the question is basically: "Is the 8% reduced magicka cost better or worse than 300 magicka AND 300 stamina recovery?" Or would it be better to do 5 seducer, monster helm, and 3 willpower, for the basic every-man's build.

Good Combinations?

5 Amber
5 Kagrenac's
1 Maelstrom destro/resto OR Molag Kena 1 piece

5 Amber
5 Julianos
1 Maelstrom destro/resto OR Molag Kena 1 piece

Opinions, please! I got my final piece of Amberplasm today, and my sorc is nearly ready to start PvP, she's just got to finish Mage's Guild books (ugh).

I loved my stamina characters for a while, but everyone is wearing the exact same things, and it gets boring, all these mirror matches. I wanted to try an open world magicka sorcerer build. This would be my first magicka based character.

UPDATE 1:
Thanks for all the feedback... I think I've decided to do 5 amber 3 willpower, and 2 eg and master/msa staves. My stats are awesome
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) , but i dont have the 8% reduced cost from seducer. This is fine. I need to grind out all the passives and I'll love it in pvp :) after that I hope to be a kickbutt sorc!

Update 2.
Not in all caps because I dont feel like yelling. Discouraged tbh.

Stam meta got me down.

Dusted off my stam sorc and am confirming to black rose, Velidreth's, and agility.

It was cool playing magicka, but I'm so used to dodge roll on my stam chars that I do it way too much on magicka, on top of the fact that I have NO IDEA how to play magicka sorc.

I think I have a total of 0 kills and 50+ deaths on mag sorc. And counting. I'm too squishy, and I don't even put out that much damage? I guess I could post stats later if anyone offers help.

Edited by Swainburg on October 3, 2016 2:28AM
Live for the pact... die for the pact.

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
Stam Sorc DPS (PvP & PvE)
Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically.... yeah it's a good set.

A really good set.....

......an absolutely dominant set, though also a little known set because all other loot in Ruins of Mazzatun kinda sucks.

Please let's keep this one under the radar. Literally know one uses it because it sounds unimpressive and it's also hard to gather Divines pieces of it.

***Note: It is only powerful on certain setups. It does not have a place on others. Your class factors in to this as well.
    Edited by Vaoh on September 19, 2016 1:42AM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amberplasm isn't a good set for PvP... it's a GREAT set! Substitute Amberplasm for Kagrenac's Hope on any magicka build and say goodbye to any problems maintaining stamina for Break Free.

My current light armor build:

5 Kagrenac's
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Bloodspawn

My future build:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Molag Kena
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love to get ahold of jewelry/2pc hands and belt. Would run with heavy kags on my MDK.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amberplasm isn't a good set for PvP... it's a GREAT set! Substitute Amberplasm for Kagrenac's Hope on any magicka build and say goodbye to any problems maintaining stamina for Break Free.

5 Kagrenac's
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Bloodspawn

My future build:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Molag Kena

-_-
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend in game put me onto this set. His build is 5x amberplasm, 3x willpower, 1 kena, 1 bloodspawn, 1 vma staff. His magicka regen is 1500 with no atro mundus and his stam regen is about 1200. Because his regen is so good he runs mage mundus so has about 40k magicka with around 2700 spell damage. Apparently he still runs out of magicka but with 1200 stam regen you can dark deal till the cows come home. I'm in the process of farming it, got all the divines, just need infused legs and chest ;)
    PC | EU
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

5 Kagrenac's
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Bloodspawn

My future build:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Molag Kena

-_-

?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5 Kagrenac's
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Bloodspawn

My future build:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Molag Kena

-_-

?

You spilled the beans, he wants to keep it a secret ;)
    PC | EU
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5 Kagrenac's
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Bloodspawn

My future build:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Molag Kena

-_-

?

5 Kagrenac's
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Bloodspawn

My future build:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Molag Kena

-_-

?

I don't need other people running my secret set ;)

It went unnoticed and I'm happy that few players can see why it may be useful. Running lots of tests with fancy numbers and stuff.... Amber may or may not be something I'll use in my totally typical solo Mag Sorc build.

The one that 1vXes.... and has people crying OP asking for my build.... and soloes vWGT.....

So yeah, I'd rather we allow Amber to stay as it is. Most players don't even know what it does because it's mixed in with the other weak Ruins of Mazzatun sets. Knowing ZOS, it has been a trend for Stamina to be OP and Magicka to get the shaft since Dark Brotherhood released. No need to bring its strengths to the forefront and possibly get it popularized/nerfed. That's all :|
    Edited by Vaoh on September 19, 2016 6:08AM
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5 Kagrenac's
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Bloodspawn

My future build:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Molag Kena

-_-

?

5 Kagrenac's
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Bloodspawn

My future build:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Molag Kena

-_-

?

It went unnoticed and I'm happy that few players can see why it may be useful. Running lots of tests with fancy numbers and stuff.... Amber may or may not be something I'll use in my totally typical solo Mag Sorc build.

The one that 1vXes.... and has people crying OP asking for my build.... and soloes vWGT.....

So yeah, I'd rather we allow Amber to stay as it is. Most players don't even know what it does because it's mixed in with the other weak Ruins of Mazzatun sets. Knowing ZOS, it has been a trend for Stamina to be OP and Magicka to get the shaft since Dark Brotherhood released. No need to bring its strengths to the forefront and possibly get it popularized/nerfed. That's all :|

Well I'm farming it because I can see that it makes for an interesting build, but tbh I probably won't end up using it mainly because it doesn't drop in impen (at least I haven't seen it drop in impen). More and more sorcs are starting to wear impen in pvp, myself included, so that will be a negative for the amber set in those players' minds. I may well try the set out in purple quality to see what it has to offer, but I like my heavy chest and legs too, and I already wear kena and bs on head and shoulders, so switching to amber would be lots of change all at once and it scares me lol.

Edit: I haven't even begun to theorycraft replacing willpower yet. The math hurts my head and it's too costly to just try something else out to compare stats. I suppose I could jump on the pts. It hasn't escaped my notice that people are running 5 julianos with 5 amber though..
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on September 19, 2016 6:29AM
    PC | EU
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭

5 Kagrenac's
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Bloodspawn

My future build:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Molag Kena

-_-

?

5 Kagrenac's
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Bloodspawn

My future build:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Molag Kena

-_-

?

Well I'm farming it because I can see that it makes for an interesting build, but tbh I probably won't end up using it mainly because it doesn't drop in impen (at least I haven't seen it drop in impen). More and more sorcs are starting to wear impen in pvp, myself included, so that will be a negative for the amber set in those players' minds. I may well try the set out in purple quality to see what it has to offer, but I like my heavy chest and legs too, and I already wear kena and bs on head and shoulders, so switching to amber would be lots of change all at once and it scares me lol.

Edit: I haven't even begun to theorycraft replacing willpower yet. The math hurts my head and it's too costly to just try something else out to compare stats. I suppose I could jump on the pts. It hasn't escaped my notice that people are running 5 julianos with 5 amber though..

It drops impen. Youre just really unlucky. misinformation.

If you need help theory crafting AND you have an android cell phone, try downloading eso toolkit app. Its really awesome for visualizing sets.
    Edited by Swainburg on September 26, 2016 10:32PM

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    Basically.... yeah it's a good set.

A really good set.....

......an absolutely dominant set, though also a little known set because all other loot in Ruins of Mazzatun kinda sucks.

Please let's keep this one under the radar. Literally know one uses it because it sounds unimpressive and it's also hard to gather Divines pieces of it.

***Note: It is only powerful on certain setups. It does not have a place on others. Your class factors in to this as well.

Well, I'll try to keep it hush hush, but in the meantime could you tell me what sets you run with it? I'd like to feature it in magicka sorc open world build.

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    I like all of these ideas, so maybe i'll try
    5 amber, 3 willpower, 2 monster helm, vmsa staffs.
    Or
    5 amber 2 torugs, 1 monster helm, 3 willpower.
    Or Or
    11 amber ;)

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭

5 Kagrenac's
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Bloodspawn

My future build:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Molag Kena

-_-

?

5 Kagrenac's
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Bloodspawn

My future build:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Molag Kena

-_-

?

This certainly isn't the right attitude, my friend. :) Lets run stamina into the ground! Long live magicka DK! Long live magicka sorc!

*Intentionally left out magicka Templar and magicka NB
    Edited by Swainburg on September 19, 2016 11:07AM

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked at amberplasm as a mDK, but the issue is that most defense for a mDK comes from blocking. Plus silks of the sun is also a light armor set, so it's impossible to run amberplasm and SoS in the same build with heavy armor.

It is tempting run amberplasm to enable invasion, reverb bash, or even dual wield with blade cloak for speed.
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    I looked at amberplasm as a mDK, but the issue is that most defense for a mDK comes from blocking. Plus silks of the sun is also a light armor set, so it's impossible to run amberplasm and SoS in the same build with heavy armor.

It is tempting run amberplasm to enable invasion, reverb bash, or even dual wield with blade cloak for speed.

Thats an interesting thought, use one really good stamina ability on a magicka character such as reverb.

Honestly I would consider trying destro/resto light armor magicka dk.

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Swainburg unfortunately, destro/resto light armor mDK isn't in a good spot. At the end of the day, you're just a bad sorc. Sorcs have better shields, better burst, better mobility, mines, overload bar, and an execute. None of which mDK has. You can do an elegance/moltan armaments heavy destro attack from stealth to gank people, but mNBs are better at that.

mDKs are at their best with an in your face play style. Talons, flame lash, banner, burning embers, inhale, and bats all encourage a point blank style. But without shields to mitigate damage or mobility to escape when you overcommit, you drop too quickly in light armor. That's why most mDKs wear heavy armor with dual weild or sword n board.

This is all for solo open world. For group play, though, light armor can work. In fact, the elegance heavy attack build is really fun for that. When you're not being focused and can get the attack off, hitting people for 15k heavy attacks is fun.
    Edited by AverageJo3Gam3r on September 19, 2016 3:22PM
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    @Swainburg unfortunately, destro/resto light armor mDK isn't in a good spot. At the end of the day, you're just a bad sorc. Sorcs have better shields, better burst, better mobility, mines, overload bar, and an execute. None of which mDK has. You can do an elegance/moltan armaments heavy destro attack from stealth to gank people, but mNBs are better at that.

mDKs are at their best with an in your face play style. Talons, flame lash, banner, burning embers, inhale, and bats all encourage a point blank style. But without shields to mitigate damage or mobility to escape when you overcommit, you drop too quickly in light armor. That's why most mDKs wear heavy armor with dual weild or sword n board.

This is all for solo open world. For group play, though, light armor can work. In fact, the elegance heavy attack build is really fun for that. When you're not being focused and can get the attack off, hitting people for 15k heavy attacks is fun.

I'm beginning to see where all the complaining is coming from, so yes I agree, lets fix magicka dk.

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swainburg wrote: »

5 Kagrenac's
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Bloodspawn

My future build:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Molag Kena

-_-

?

5 Kagrenac's
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Bloodspawn

My future build:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Molag Kena

-_-

?

It drops impen. Youre just really unlucky.

If you need help theory crafting AND you have an android cell phone, try downloading eso toolkit app. Its really awesome for visualizing sets.

I first read that as "you need help theorycrafting AND you have an android cell phone" and I thought, "how does this guy know so much about me?!" Thanks for the heads-up on impen, will keep trying, I have all the small bits in divines so I just assumed it didn't drop.
    PC | EU
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    Swainburg wrote: »

5 Kagrenac's
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Bloodspawn

My future build:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Molag Kena

-_-

?

5 Kagrenac's
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Bloodspawn

My future build:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Molag Kena

-_-

?

It drops impen. Youre just really unlucky.

I first read that as "you need help theorycrafting AND you have an android cell phone" and I thought, "how does this guy know so much about me?!" Thanks for the heads-up on impen, will keep trying, I have all the small bits in divines so I just assumed it didn't drop.

LOL. But srsly I love this app. Eso Toolkit. You can long press on a set and add to a custom set and click the pieces to visualize it. Helps to theory craft.

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been trying to get the pieces for my mDK, it's just a difficult set to collect the correct pieces for since it is BoP.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been trying to get the pieces for my mDK, it's just a difficult set to collect the correct pieces for since it is BoP.

You get the cp160 pieces from the normal mode afaik, possible to farm solo. 1st boss drops waist and gloves, 2nd boss drops shoulders I think, 3rd boss drops legs and boots, 4th boss drops chests and weapons, last boss drops jewels.

Edit: slot barrier for the 4th boss, for the poisoned slow walk, and you can't solo the last boss.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on September 19, 2016 5:54PM
    PC | EU
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You get the cp160 pieces from the normal mode afaik, possible to farm solo. 1st boss drops waist and gloves, 2nd boss drops shoulders I think, 3rd boss drops legs and boots, 4th boss drops chests and weapons, last boss drops jewels.

Edit: slot barrier for the 4th boss, for the poisoned slow walk, and you can't solo the last boss.

I'm trying to get jewelry for it, and to get the purple I need vet. I still need one ring.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just use amber + seducer :P
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good set, great for azura's star. be careful of combinations that get you too much regen. further, some of the upcoming monster sets may be too good to pass so 5+5 won't be as popular for staff users.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I got legs from the 1st boss.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just finished getting my gear for my Breton Sorcerer. Hit 50 today, no Undaunted, doesn't have all the passives yet like Expert Mage. I use her for PvP.

5 x Amberplasm
    5 x Elegance
    1 x Kena

46% Crit

Atronach mundus

38K/16K/14K with purple food (not in Cyrodiil)
    2000 magicka regen, 1000 stamina regen

3065 spell damage buffed with Surge and spell power glyph on Infused Elegant Lightning Staff (legendary).

That's all with 7 light. Stats will increase if I can gold some more stuff out and get Undaunted and use a Kena heavy helm.

My lightning heavy attack ticks on mobs for 5665. Should get more with CP adjustment. Doesn't run out of resources as heavy attacks are part of the damage and I've actually stopped using Harness Magicka and just use Ward and Healing Ward.
    PC EU
  • coolermh
    coolermh
    ✭✭✭
    I like running 5 pc necropotenance 2. 2 monster ( kena blood spawn is good) and 3 grace of the ancients jewelry
    -MrHeid625
    Max Chars:
    Magika Sorc AD
    Stamina NB AD
    Stam DK AD
    Magika NB-
    Magika Temp-
    Stam Warden
    Stam Sorc
    Mag Warden
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG on the amberplasm pieces has been horrible. Wish it were BOE
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭

Oh I agree. But then people wouldn't have to buy the DLC from ZoS and they wouldn't profit :\

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can trade it with any group members you grind with. If anyone needs a grinding partner on AD or DC EU then feel free to pm me. I'm on holiday for the next week though.
    PC | EU