The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magika Sorc Amberplasm in PvP build?

• Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    RNG on the amberplasm pieces has been horrible. Wish it were BOE

You can trade it with any group members you grind with. If anyone needs a grinding partner on AD or DC EU then feel free to pm me. I'm on holiday for the next week though.

Sorry mr sandwich I'm NA Ps4 but I'd love to.
    Live for the pact... die for the pact.

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Stam Sorc DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using drinks is just as good if not better, I'm using x5 kags x5 alchemist and x3 willpower, the health bonuses from the sets account for the missing health from not using food
    Edited by psychotic13 on September 23, 2016 2:13PM
  • Hankrabbit
    Hankrabbit
    ✭✭✭
    Using drinks is just as good if not better, I'm using x5 kags x5 alchemist and x3 willpower, the health bonuses from the sets account for the missing health from not using food

Amberplasm gives you nearly the same regeneration as a drink in one set bonus. i think that's much better then using a drink, especially on Magsorc, because you have to stack max magicka for your shields.
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    My friend in game put me onto this set. His build is 5x amberplasm, 3x willpower, 1 kena, 1 bloodspawn, 1 vma staff. His magicka regen is 1500 with no atro mundus and his stam regen is about 1200. Because his regen is so good he runs mage mundus so has about 40k magicka with around 2700 spell damage. Apparently he still runs out of magicka but with 1200 stam regen you can dark deal till the cows come home. I'm in the process of farming it, got all the divines, just need infused legs and chest ;)

Don't go into PvP with no impen. You will be demolished
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lynog85 wrote: »
    My friend in game put me onto this set. His build is 5x amberplasm, 3x willpower, 1 kena, 1 bloodspawn, 1 vma staff. His magicka regen is 1500 with no atro mundus and his stam regen is about 1200. Because his regen is so good he runs mage mundus so has about 40k magicka with around 2700 spell damage. Apparently he still runs out of magicka but with 1200 stam regen you can dark deal till the cows come home. I'm in the process of farming it, got all the divines, just need infused legs and chest ;)

Unless you stack shields, pretty much this...
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    I think as a general consensus, this is in fact a good set. I'll probably replace seducer with it.
    Something like this?

Head (will do testing on most helpful monster helm - if sustain isnt a problem i'll go 2 kena)
    Chest amberplasm
    Shoulders (monster piece)
    Arms amberplasm
    Belt amberplasm
    Legs amberplasm
    Feet amberplasm
    Ring willpower
    Ring willpower
    Neck willpower
    Destro - Maelstrom or master's destro if I can get it
    Resto - Doesn't matter much to me. Maelstrom if I can get it.

Im going to try to get all impen, but I don't feel like grinding WgT, for one piece. I feel like I should just call myself shield stacker and never get ganked.

Im going to aim for 2k magicka recovery.

Skills:
    Destro
    Frags, destructive touch, velocious curse, streak, endless fury, and meteor. Typical burst dps bar.

Resto
    Healing ward, harness magicka, surge, hardened ward, Dark conversion, and probably overload as ulti.

Overload bar
    Some defensive stuff: probably boundless storm, streak harness magicka and whatever else. Defensive rune every 2 minutes. Flex spots really.

Thats all. Suggestions?

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • Draven147
    Draven147
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds like an awesome plan. 2k recovery will not be hard to do at all. I'm running 5 julianos 3 transmutation and willpower jewelery and my recovery is 1700ish, so with 5 amberplasm it should not be a problem.

What I would like to do is run 5 julianos and 5 amberplasm and see what/where that puts me at. Its gonna be tough to get the amberplasm jewls from vet mazz but i think it will be worth it.
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    Draven147 wrote: »
    That sounds like an awesome plan. 2k recovery will not be hard to do at all. I'm running 5 julianos 3 transmutation and willpower jewelery and my recovery is 1700ish, so with 5 amberplasm it should not be a problem.

What I would like to do is run 5 julianos and 5 amberplasm and see what/where that puts me at. Its gonna be tough to get the amberplasm jewls from vet mazz but i think it will be worth it.

The only problem i think i have with two 5 piece sets is there is no monster helm.

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • Draven147
    Draven147
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that's what I keep coming back to as well. Especially with all the new sets coming into play next month as well. So many choices and so much theory crafting coming up in the coming weeks.
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    Yeah that's what I keep coming back to as well. Especially with all the new sets coming into play next month as well. So many choices and so much theory crafting coming up in the coming weeks.

I think im gonna have to play around and test to see if I need engine guardian eith amber, because as much as I love monster sets, I also want to do amberplasm + vicious death for the fun of the explosion.

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • Draven147
    Draven147
    ✭✭✭
    Swainburg wrote: »

I think im gonna have to play around and test to see if I need engine guardian eith amber, because as much as I love monster sets, I also want to do amberplasm + vicious death for the fun of the explosion.

That would be a really good combo and who doesn't like seeing the explosions haha sooo satisfying. Although I like to run 2 pieces of heavy armor (usually pants and chest) on my sorc in pvp for the extra survive-ability. I don't know if it actually helps or not but I feel a little safer roaming around cyrodiil and that's why I prefer the crafted sets. I'd like to run julianos and vicious death but the cost of the jewelry is a little absurd at the moment so I am waiting for it to come down. I did run vicious and elegant for a few weeks and had a blasty with it but I could not be left alone. Way way way too squishy, but it sure was fun. Expensive on the repairs from all the deaths but what's a sorc to do?
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo if you run vicious death you need to go full burst. VD+alchemist is the way to go. Otherwise, you won't kill stuff fast enough to justify VD.
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    FYI, Amberplasm does NOT drop with impen. None of the Mazz or CoS sets do. You can go with jewelry of course, but that doesn't help you when you want to run elegance.

As a sorc I think you're better off running Dark Deal with transmutation than double stacking shields, no-impen and Amberplasm (ie, elegance+transmutation, and dark deal occasionally). I did try vicious death+ Amberplasm. That combo was good on defense, but not enough damage even when my overloads did connect.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I wouldn't. I currently wear 6 impen in pvp. I am a convert ;)
    PC | EU
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be posting a new pvp build after the update. Have some kinks to work out first

-Makkir
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So here's my take- The problem with Impen is that, for a magicka sorc, it does NOTHING for you once you apply a damage shield. Thats 7 wasted traits if you use shields. You are much better off running a gank counter such as defensive rune or radiant magelight and using traits that will actually play to your strengths.

-Makkir
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So here's my take- The problem with Impen is that, for a magicka sorc, it does NOTHING for you once you apply a damage shield. Thats 7 wasted traits if you use shields. You are much better off running a gank counter such as defensive rune or radiant magelight and using traits that will actually play to your strengths.

-Makkir

I run defensive rune on my overload bar. I run impen because of the way I have chosen to build for pvp; underlying tankiness to take the panic out of a ward cast. I also only have 20cp in bastion choosing to put the remaining cp into hardy and ele defender. I wanted to reduce my reliance on my ward, only casting it to give me a quick break from incoming damage. I got bored trying to keep my ward up 100% of the time, it's just not realistic to try. Yeah impen is wasted as soon as you cast a ward but it pays its due for the rest of the time. I also refuse to put my ward on my front bar, would much rather have streak there instead and impen helps to make this work. I really noticed a difference after switching to impen and I wouldn't go back now.
    PC | EU
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How much impending can you get from using four or five small pieces?

Is that even worth considering?
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Each piece of impen grants 250 crit resist iirc, maybe slightly more, it's not affected by large or small pieces; just a flat value. With 6 pieces I have over exactly 1548 crit resist with no cp in resistant.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on September 26, 2016 9:02PM
    PC | EU
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Each piece of impen grants 250 crit resist iirc, maybe slightly more, it's not affected by large or small pieces; just a flat value. With 6 pieces I have over exactly 1548 crit resist with no cp in resistant.

That's about 14% overall damage reduction from critical hits assuming an average critical damage value of 170%, which is lowered by 23,5% with your crit resistance.
    Most sorcs forget that whenever the incoming damage is higher than their shield strength, the overflow damage can crit.

Thus impen is beneficial even for shield stacking sorcs, if they ever have to drop their shield while in Cyrodiil. It's only useless if you never ever get hit for more than your shield strength when CE buffed.

It's somehow the same with people putting all points in Bastion and forgetting about ele defender, hardy and thick skinned, which lowers the incoming damage before shields are even touched.

Often the same people that cry about how bad the state of their sorcs is though.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    FYI, Amberplasm does NOT drop with impen. None of the Mazz or CoS sets do. You can go with jewelry of course, but that doesn't help you when you want to run elegance.

Im sorry, I was actually misinformed I thought it did drop impen.

I was thinking to keep with the sustain theme, and go 5 magnus's gift, 5 amberplasm, 1 maelstrom. My goal is 2000k regen and 2500 spell damage unbuffed. I'll put impen on my magnus' gift, yes?

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    Swainburg wrote: »

Vicious death was more of a joke than an actual usable set in this setup as I quickly realized it's not viable... Unless maybe for the 4 piece bonuses.

Just wanted to see people explode.
    Edited by Swainburg on September 26, 2016 10:27PM

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    Vicious death is great for defending keeps. Just use it with cold fire ballistas / oil. Or my other use is to proc power enchant and Kena and then drop curse, wrath and meteor on the group. You're fairly likely to kill someone if it's a bunch of pugs pushing in.
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jhharvest wrote: »
    Vicious death is great for defending keeps. Just use it with cold fire ballistas / oil. Or my other use is to proc power enchant and Kena and then drop curse, wrath and meteor on the group. You're fairly likely to kill someone if it's a bunch of pugs pushing in.

Even better with VD: drop a negate on the breach while your buddy is oiling, then hand out wrath/fury like hotcakes. One wrath to drop them all! :D
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »

That's about 14% overall damage reduction from critical hits assuming an average critical damage value of 170%, which is lowered by 23,5% with your crit resistance.
    Most sorcs forget that whenever the incoming damage is higher than their shield strength, the overflow damage can crit.

Thus impen is beneficial even for shield stacking sorcs, if they ever have to drop their shield while in Cyrodiil. It's only useless if you never ever get hit for more than your shield strength when CE buffed.

It's somehow the same with people putting all points in Bastion and forgetting about ele defender, hardy and thick skinned, which lowers the incoming damage before shields are even touched.

Often the same people that cry about how bad the state of their sorcs is though.

The class isn't quite unplayable, but it certainly needs some serious quality of life improvements. Many are equally tired of the 'git gud' crowd (usually other classes) telling everyone how they're playing sorc wrong.

If the streak cost increases weren't so severe, it wouldn't be nearly as bad an issue. A stam player would have to work harder for their 'macro-slice' than hitting their gap closer once or twice, and then animation cancelling a handful of attacks while flying through the air...

And you have to admit, a 14% damage reduction from a 12-15K crit probably isn't going to save you. Keep the shields up high.

• Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The class isn't quite unplayable, but it certainly needs some serious quality of life improvements. Many are equally tired of the 'git gud' crowd (usually other classes) telling everyone how they're playing sorc wrong.

If the streak cost increases weren't so severe, it wouldn't be nearly as bad an issue. A stam player would have to work harder for their 'macro-slice' than hitting their gap closer once or twice, and then animation cancelling a handful of attacks while flying through the air...

And you have to admit, a 14% damage reduction from a 12-15K crit probably isn't going to save you. Keep the shields up high.

Well, compared to my magblade playing my magsorc feels like being superman ;)

The 14% does stack though with 15% hardy, 50% radiant magelight and up to 33% vampire. The moment you are most vulnerable to crits is when you are ganked. Many stamblades are also cloaking before ambushing/surprise attacking in battle. Most Ambush/Incap combos don't even bring me into executioner range.
    So yes shields are important, but a balanced approach to incoming damage reduction is way superior.

• Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭

Kind of off topic.
    I know many sorcs wear seducer, but what it the switch was made over to magnus' for the potential streak cost negate? Would that be better?
    Edited by Swainburg on September 27, 2016 11:03AM

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Swainburg

The flat cost reduction of streak is better if you are spamming abilities.

Most of the time you have to unlearn what you've done in previous MMOs and start your build and gear selection with your playstyle. There wont be a BiS in PVP or a one stat to stack. You have to build these things around your playstyle.

I move a lot and sometimes I loosely use Streak. I like having the cost reduction of seducer because I am constantly spamming skills and get the greater bang for my buck with that stat.

Same argument goes with impen. If you are good at reapplying shields like me, then you might find it useless despite the other arguments in this thread. Its boring, unegaging gameplay but its one of our strengths. I do about 12 percent into hardy/ele defender instead of going full Bastion.

I had some post DB footage up on youtube showcasing a seducer build. You can youtube search my sorc Makkir to find them. When I am at a PC again I will upate my signature with the link.
    Edited by Malamar1229 on September 27, 2016 1:04PM
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main a mDK so I only play on my sorc when I'm fed up and need a break. Msorc feels so powerful after playing mDK. But I see everyone using seducer. Isn't this a mistake? Shouldn't I instead spec into offense? Msorc isn't good at sustained damage, so the spike damage needs to be high enough to actually burst people down. Seems like willpower+julianos/kags+2pc torugs+1 kena seems like a better setup.

Can any expert msorcs weigh in?
    Edited by AverageJo3Gam3r on September 27, 2016 2:34PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm with Makkir. Seducer is almost a must have after dark brotherhood when some fool at ZOS idecided to increase our magicka costs by about 10% across the board.

Mix seducer with some other DPS focus set with jewelry (elegance, arcane willpower, Cyrodiil light, grace of the ancients, etc) and it balances out. Sustain versus damage.