The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Un killable Quintus Verres

Morridune
Morridune
✭✭
ok so im headed back to some of the group dungeons i missed while lvl'n up asim now a vet i figured I could try solo them as at the time i wasnt in any guilds and due to RL would be on at time that wern't easy to get random parties going. 1st on my list was Volenfell in alkir desert. I (re)picked the quest at start then cleared all the mobs upto at boss i was to kill called Quintus Verres after a couple of attempts ending in me on fire him randomly 1 shoting me for about 10% more damage than i had hit points i figured best way to take him down. Only prob was once i'd killed his guards + gargoyle and knocked him to 0% guy didnt go down just kept shooting out AoE's and setting me on fire, this has happend a couple of times now so was wondering am I missing something?
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    wait till they fix it
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah he's bugged atm.
    I was soloing normal dungeons on my new alt and had to skip Volenfell cause this guy just refuses to die, he just continues fighting at 0% hp. I was attacking him at 0% hp for a minute or so... Didnt work.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haven't you heard? He's our new replacement dps test dummy
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad replacememt, should be more docile XD And fear doesnt help either.

PC/EU
  • Morridune
    Morridune
    ✭✭
    ah cool if its a bug fair enough when ur at ur 4th attempt at stupid o'clock in the morning ur start to worry its perhaps u missing something obvious before I started the fight.... which apparently i did as in going to bed :smiley:
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    Can group dungeons if set to normal mode be doable solo? Like way rest sewers and the such.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AGrz5585 wrote: »
    Can group dungeons if set to normal mode be doable solo? Like way rest sewers and the such.

All of them are except Blackheart Haven, probably Vaults of Madness, WGT and ICP, due to mechanics.
    I usually just solo all normal dungeons around lvl 30-40 (ofc with crafted gear, food and cps), for exp, skill points and undaunted.
    Some of the vet dungeons are also soloable, for example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fuV6X0-aYA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwpcArs4Aqc
    Though of course it requires more effort than group walkthrough. Soloing vet dungeons is a challenge.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on June 21, 2016 6:35PM

PC/EU
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    Ok kool. I've done most of the vet dungeons and only like 2 or 3 of the normal versions and wondered if I could solo through them for the undaunted exp. That's awesome! Thanks
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AGrz5585 wrote: »
    Ok kool. I've done most of the vet dungeons and only like 2 or 3 of the normal versions and wondered if I could solo through them for the undaunted exp. That's awesome! Thanks

You surely can, just need a self-sustainable build.
    Magicka templar is perfect for this for example.

PC/EU
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AGrz5585 wrote: »

All of them are except Blackheart Haven, probably Vaults of Madness, WGT and ICP, due to mechanics.

Nobody can solo Direfrost Keep, either.
    You will at least need a second body to stand on a switch.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming this is still glitched? Have started to clear up some dungeon achievements with a couple of friends and ran into an unkillable Quintus last night which was a bit disheartening as we went in thinking we should be able to do it with our group. If it in fact isn't glitched then we clearly need to rethink our strategy for that fight :D

EDIT: Hmm, patch notes say it was fixed. Would someone mind confirming at what point in the fight Quintus is supposed to die?
    Edited by Epona222 on June 25, 2016 7:39PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately this is still broken as I found out while doing a two man of this dungeon. If you kill Quentus after he summons his gargoyle and wipe. Both he and the gargoyle are alive at the start of the fight. If this happens you might as well reset the dungeon as Quentus once again becomes invulnerable. You can kill the gargoyle to get boss loot..

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • xlWASP
    xlWASP
    What is it about the coding in this game that makes it so difficult to JUST fix something??

I love ESO but this game has been bug ridden since launch 2 years ago.
    Templar, Champion 130+ PC NA
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mind that it's not completely broken. We one shot him and his pet gargoyle also. However if he summons his gargoyle, the fight doesn't reset properly on a wipe.
  • Schnurrer
    Schnurrer
    ✭✭
    This boss Quintus Verres is still unkillable. He drops to 0% and then just keeps hitting you - this time he even forgot to use his fire-staff - he just stuck in the first phase, called is gargoyle at 5% and the rest you allready know -.-

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Is it really so hard to fix something like this or doesnt it matter anymore since it not a DLC where you can make money. Nah just dont answer that - i know how economic work... :pensive:
  • Worgoth
    Worgoth
    Sleep wrote: »
    wait till they fix it

Still bugged. You've gotta be f*cking kidding us.
    Edited by Worgoth on September 17, 2016 1:57PM