The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Imperial City festivity is a b (ust...

• Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    2 PvE-ers arguing about PvE..... PvP players get blamed...... *throws hands up*

Would a PvEer call me "filthy PvE carebear ?" nope. THose were PvPers and claimed it loud.

also this :
    As an EP to an EP, i cant stop him doing this, other than explaining he is acting a tool. Continue to bait me by acting above i will just log my DC alt and farm the goats following my mate.

The argument of a PvPer ? Nope.

The irony is that he was calling u a filthy PVE care bear while he was doing PvE himself.... o.O. Let him log his DC alt and then farm his entitled butt is all I can say...
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea of the event was a good one but many farmed Molag over and over again for the skin and never got a drop just lost loads of TelVar stones for their efforts by being ganked. I feel sorry for you but that was the risk you took. I know because I was one of the players taking your TelVar stones which was my game plan from the start. As a result I hauled in a bundle of TelVar, enough to purchase one of the skins from the TelVar vendor for 250k. That was a sure thing and my intention from the start.

Next time think smart. Farm the TelVar and leave the Molog grind alone because 9 time out of 10 you will not get anything.

If ZOS had someone handling sales and marketing that knew what they were doing, they would offer every polymorph/skin available in game via the Crown Store as an option. They would make a bundle of cash. Offering those items would not be pay to win and give those players who don't like to farm or PvP another way to acquire the items.

I good example was the IC bundle for the event. To get the skin and horse you had to purchase the IC DLC included in the bundle. Many players already had purchased the IC DLC at a different time and those players who subscribe get access to IC for their subscription. Why require players who already had the IC DLC to purchase it again to get the skin or horse. Targeting those players who did not have a subscription or the IC DLC the bundle was nice package idea. However, for those that had the IC DLC or subscribers they should of had another option available to just purchase the skin or horse seperately.

Anyways the Halloween event is just around the corner and you never know what will be offered.

Again for those of you who did not get anything out of the event for your efforts except frustration let it be a learning experience. Remember it's just a game.

• Skcarkden
    Skcarkden
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZombieZig wrote: »
    Dear Zenimax,

I've casually participated in Molag kills since IC's release. Always wanting the skin, over the course of this event i spent a whopping 16 hrs a day on true Flame as my Nightblade and Templar. During this time i have killed Molag Bal many many times~ 300+. I've had to organize my personal matters to attend this grind, I have had to create and lead numerous groups. I've fought countless enemies. High stress, headaches, sore wrists...

Nothing. Its now 2 am on a work weekday and i have to call it quits. I am so disappointed in who? Me? Bloody hell i did everything i could and more. You Zenimax on the other hand need to figure this out. Its simply NOT fair. I have received 30 something scamps and not once the skin. I've seen people get it on their first try. I've seen people get it in 10-20 kills. Great, glad for them. Your system fails and now Im sore and broken and JOYLESS. Do you not understand the results of your RNG looting system? Have i mentioned 300+ kills? It could be very well 500 i stopped counting bc i heard you get the skin when you loose all will and hope to live.

Utter BS

When you say 300+ kills and no skin, are you only counting kills that give you a drop, or all times you were there and fought him?

I say this mainly to really put it out there how it's BS that only 12 people even get a drop and many of my own 'kills' can't count because of ZoS's terrible logic.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with OP, this IC "festivity" is SAD JOKE. It's impossible to grind normally anywhere in the IC. There are now AD zergs roaming both the districts AND the sewers... even at EIGHT IN THE FRIGGIN' MORNING? Who the @#$% gets up at 8 AM to ZERG?

Oh noes! AD zergs instead of EP ultra zergs! What shall we ever do!
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kadoozy wrote: »
    Rittings wrote: »
    Yeah it's really that bad.

It's never been great - but this, you're right, has made it worse. Just like the capture the flag bs that was introduced did. At least before that all the PVPers would hang out in the Arena district - now the d-baggery has been dissipated throughout the entire city.

We pay for this content - but can't use it. I'd love to go run the quests casually with my wife (we both have ESO+) but after a long horse ride from a random keep (since the other keeps are taken... don't get me even started on the fact you can pay for this content and have d-bags camping the entrances to stop you using what you paid for etc...) only to be ganked within seconds of trying to quest.

Its moronic. The devs need a rethink of this one...

1) You need to have a direct wayshrine into the sewer base.

2) There needs to be a strictly PVE only version of it.

Pvpers have to pay for all the trials and other pve content and actually play it just to be competitive in pvp. You really aren't making a good argument. It gets annoying being ganked, sure, but that is the cost of entering cyrodiil.

Its elder scrolls, a PVE game with a PvP area. They are not two seperate games. Having bought the game and content, I should be able to play it, I cannot actively stop someones game progression in PvE, why should PvP be different? Sure, have alliance wars, but perhaps incorporating a neutral alliance (can neither attack or be attacked) would suffice

Its pvp, by definition you are going to get attacked. PvE ( player versus environment ) You will not get attacked by definition. If you dont want to get killed all the time, get better, sneak, and work on your build.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should add ganking NPCs in PvE areas. Like highwaymen and such. Game would be more fun :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Mortehl
    Mortehl
    ✭✭✭
    PVE
    KingMagaw wrote: »
    Was is ever intended that district bosses are the exclusive prey of whoever tags them first ? And that we all have to step back to let this one solo "his" boss ? What does it have to do with the area being PvP ?

This has been happening me and my friend a lot. We 2 man the bosses for a massive telvar gain and finding more and more greedy randoms coming over when boss is under 30% or lower health and taptaptap to act a goat. I accept a lot of new players coming here for event after all, i whisper them and simply say, more people less telvar for us. Since they bring almost nothing to the table for my and my friend as we are self sufficient, they weigh us down in many aspects. Drawing agro of mobs, spawning more boss aoe, dying a load of times and end up me and my friend sometimes -5k Telvar per boss.

A wack of people just follow us around and we waste time in losing them, so we can play as a 2 man team. Problem is these randoms dont farm bosses, dont start them but if they see us successfully doing them they are straight over like flies around dirt, i have no respect for that game play.

As an EP to an EP, i cant stop him doing this, other than explaining he is acting a tool. Continue to bait me by acting above i will just log my DC alt and farm the goats following my mate.

Well, the truth is, you have no right over that mob, and those people aren't behaving like fools, they're behaving like normal players and play the game as intended. They probably even genuinely think they're helping you. If you want to solo or duo those bosses for max tel var, fine, sometimes you'll get lucky and noone else will be there, sometimes other people will turn up and you'll get less stones. That's how it is, and it's not other people's fault.

Your level of entitlement is unbelievable.

2 PvE-ers arguing about PvE..... PvP players get blamed...... *throws hands up*

Isn't it hysterical? The only people whining about the event are the people who dont pvp, profess proudly that they don't, openly insult and post condescendingly about pvp players, and who hold anyone who does in high contempt.

For our part we openly welcome pve players into Cyrodiil. More AP, and telvar to go around.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    - PvPers organizing DUELS !! In there, this week !! With their "personal bodyguards" killing anyone else on sight (poor souls just wanted to help their same-colour-buddy"...). Guys, you have ALL OF CYRO for duelling. GTFO of IC with it. And killing people who just join the fight to help is not fair.
    - New form of entitlement regarding district bosses. They drop A LOT of stones, people don't want to share stones, so they want to solo those bosses. If you dare to even cast a mutagen near them, you'll be drowned in insults and accused of leeching. Guys, you know those are group bosses, right ? And you also know they are not "your own private mobs", right ? (If that happens to you, make sure you stick to the guy at all times for the next two hours, tagging all mobs along with him. Depending on your taste, you might or might not put him on ignore beforehand). This is a MMO, these are group mobs meant to be attacked in group.
    - Too big groups on Molag Bal, which attract the zergbombers (that's fair), and dilute the loot. Staying there for two hours for looting once is not fun.

I'll wait for next week to go back there, in the hope to find again the usual "IC morning atmosphere" : nice PvE + random 1v1 PvP where anything can happen, and where your opponent might be of any level.

But I've lost most if not all respect for PvPers, probably forever. When I compare what I experienced in IC these past few days, with the nice, extremely organized and friendly cooperation that happens every single day for world bosses in Worthgar or Gold Coast, this is just night and day.
    Im kinda confused. I can understand most of your concerns. I just have trouble connecting that one sentence out of all your complaints to the last paragraph (both bolded).

OK, I'll try and explain more clearly.

Situation 1
    I'm in IC, I'm blue.
    I see another blue fighting a district boss, alone and apparently in trouble. Of course I jump in to help him. The boss dies, and immediately I receive tells (whispers are off so people have to use tells) saying "get the f*** out of my way you filthy PvE carebear, stop leeching my tel var stones you're disgusting".

Situation2
    I'm in IC, I'm blue.
    I see another blue fighting a red, alone and apparently in trouble. Of course I jump in to help. The blue stops fighting the red, another red hidden nearby jumps in too and the two reds kill me quickly. Once I'm dead, first red and blue resume their fighting and second red goes back to the shadows. I stay there dead for a while to watch, only to witness every other blue coming along get slaughtered the same way I was, just for wanting to help. Also worth mentioning that it happened right at the entrance of the blue exit of the sewers.

Both situations occurred repeatedly since IC revived due to the event, and none of these conform to the actual game design. None of these have anything to do with "that's a PvP zone, if you don't like it don't enter". But both situations are organized by PvPers. Thus my disrespect and disgust. I don't mind being killed, I don't mind being ganked, but I do mind these behaviours.

(The Molag Bal zerging is yet another reason for avoiding IC this week, but I agree it has nothing to do with PvPers, rather the opposite).

Situation 1: If World Bosses in Wrothgar / Gold Coast had the same drop mechanics as IC bosses where they dropped less if too many people fought them you would see the same toxicity from PvErs. This isn't a PvP exclusive here. Maybe they wouldn't call you a PvE care bear, they would just call you a filthy casual. The cooperation for bosses in PvE zones is because the reward is the quest turn in. It doesn't matter if a bunch of people kill the boss as long as you have the quest you get the full reward.

Situation 2: This is common in duels. If I'm dueling in IC or Cryodiil and a friendly shows up and interupts, I'll /say that we are dueling. I'll stop fighting and let my opponent clean them up if they don't listen. Then we can go back to dueling. So what? You died. Now you know not to interupt them. They didn't hunt you down and grief you and stop you from progressing. They killed you for interupting a duel and now you are free to ignore them and continue on your way.
    PC/EU DC
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its not solely about killing molag bal to get the skin
    you must participate in killing the portals and their 3 bosses
    PC EU

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typhoios wrote: »
    Situation 1: If World Bosses in Wrothgar / Gold Coast had the same drop mechanics as IC bosses where they dropped less if too many people fought them you would see the same toxicity from PvErs. This isn't a PvP exclusive here. Maybe they wouldn't call you a PvE care bear, they would just call you a filthy casual. The cooperation for bosses in PvE zones is because the reward is the quest turn in. It doesn't matter if a bunch of people kill the boss as long as you have the quest you get the full reward.

I agree that the same mechanics would perhaps trigger the same behaviours in PvE. It also happens in grinding spots. Doesn't change the fact that district bosses are meant to be fought in groups and are never the "property" of the few ones who can solo them.
    Situation 2: This is common in duels. If I'm dueling in IC or Cryodiil and a friendly shows up and interupts, I'll /say that we are dueling. I'll stop fighting and let my opponent clean them up if they don't listen. Then we can go back to dueling. So what? You died. Now you know not to interupt them. They didn't hunt you down and grief you and stop you from progressing. They killed you for interupting a duel and now you are free to ignore them and continue on your way.

The bolded part is precisely what did NOT happen. No warning, no message, nothing. Actually it wasn't a duel, it was a trap. Not one that belongs to "fair gaming".

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 8, 2016 12:16PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Emily taking over Imperial City one flag at a time ( solo ). Hmm.. and they say I am a noob.

flag.png

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maturity and respect costs nothing. If someone is being toxic or rude, be the bigger woman/man and walk away.

Report and ignore.

:smile:
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IC flags are actually the easiest thing to solo, because there are only 3 guards. They are identical to the strongest fortified points added in Cyrodiil towns. Compared to that a resource has 4 mage guards just around the flag, one in the tower, one next to the tower door and also various melee guards near the houses that aggro and come fast.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree that the same mechanics would perhaps trigger the same behaviours in PvE. It also happens in grinding spots. Doesn't change the fact that district bosses are meant to be fought in groups and are never the "property" of the few ones who can solo them.

The bolded part is precisely what did NOT happen. No warning, no message, nothing. Actually it wasn't a duel, it was a trap. Not one that belongs to "fair gaming".

The first situation has nothing to do with PvPers. You admit that it could happen in PvE under the same circumstances. This isn't a reason to be disgusted with PvPers then, is it? Maybe just be disgusted with toxic players in general.

I doubt it was a trap. The blue gets nothing out of it. The red hidden is hidden so that he doesn't get ganked while watching the duel and he can help his buddy if randoms interupt. So the blue didn't say anything? It isn't a big deal. You died once. Continue on. You also didn't say anything in zone to stop those other blues from dying in the same fashion. Would we say you are now part of the "trap"?

I'm only discussing because I'm tired of PvPers being looked at like they are toxic, sociopathic members of the community. We are just people. Some are good, some are bad. Just like our PvE counterparts. There is no reason for you to be disgusted with the PvP community when half of your complaints aren't even PvP exclusive.
    PC/EU DC
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "fair gaming".

Where does this belong in Cyrodiil? It is a war zone. The only one in the game.

Now I do not condone greifing but seriously ambushes and traps belong in war.

And the toxicity is in PvE as well so don't come here claiming a holier than you attitude because the zone is not what you want it to be.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You talk about PvP-ers and PvE-ers as if there are separate species. In fact I run a lot of daily pledges with people with high alliance rank. Them mongrels :)
    Edited by Asardes on September 8, 2016 12:52PM

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I doubt it was a trap. The blue gets nothing out of it. The red hidden is hidden so that he doesn't get ganked while watching the duel and he can help his buddy if randoms interupt. So the blue didn't say anything? It isn't a big deal. You died once. Continue on. You also didn't say anything in zone to stop those other blues from dying in the same fashion. Would we say you are now part of the "trap"?

If you wanted to set up a normal duel, without being interrupted by randoms, would you position yourself at the entrance of the enemy's sewers... ???
    You can't use zone chat while dead, by the way.
    But sure I warned everyone as soon as I was up. One hour later the three guys were still there, doing the exact same thing (I cloaked all the way so I didn't get killed, but still... )
    And what tells you that the blue gets nothing of it ? You can't trade Tel Var with buddies but you can trade stuff bought with Tel Var.
    I'm only discussing because I'm tired of PvPers being looked at like they are toxic, sociopathic members of the community. We are just people. Some are good, some are bad. Just like our PvE counterparts. There is no reason for you to be disgusted with the PvP community when half of your complaints aren't even PvP exclusive.

I'm sorry but as much as I enjoy PvP and PvPvE, the reality is : most PvPers are extremely toxic, not even comparable with PvEers. You can see it ingame, and you can see it all over this forum. Don't complain about people who simply state it. Try and educate PvPers instead... (good luck with that, though...)

Why do people always think duels are set up in advance and planned for certain locations? Sometimes I stumble upon good fights or people already dueling and have some duels in this random location. We don't need to schedule in advance and pick a location. Especially if myself and those I'm fighting are capable of handling randoms interupting. Why move? More AP and Tel Vars from the randoms.

I know you can't use /zone while dead. How long did you sit there dead that you watched multiple blues die in the same way?

I don't think the PvP community is more toxic and your complaints aren't even PvP specific.

Edited by Luigi_Vampa on September 8, 2016 12:55PM
    PC/EU DC
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know you can't use /zone while dead. How long did you sit there dead that you watched multiple blues die in the same way?
    I don't think the PvP community is more toxic and your complaints aren't even PvP specific.

1- About 10 minutes ? Wanted to make sure it was a planned set up, which it was.
    2 - Your opinion about toxicity. Fine. But what I relate IS PvP-specific. You can argue "but if PvE was like PvP people would be just as bad..." but the fact is, PvE isn't like PvP.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 8, 2016 1:07PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    You talk about PvP-ers and PvE-ers as if there are separate species. In fact I run a lot of daily pledges with people with high alliance rank. Them mongrels :)

Yes, many people do both.
    However, in my guild there are PvPers with whom I enjoy PvEing, they're adorable people, but as soon as I go with them to Cyro, I ungroup and switch TeamSpeak. They show a part of them that I don't even want to get to know. In Cyro, I go my solo merry way - with whispers off.

• Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1- About 10 minutes ? Wanted to make sure it was a planned set up, which it was.
    2 - Your opinion about toxicity. Fine. But what I relate IS PvP-specific.

The dueling is PvP specific. Getting hate because you interfered with a boss fight was not. You even admitted it could happen inPvE zones if loot drops were the same. Don't blame the people in IC because ZOS designed a system that favors selfishness. If PvE bosses divided loot and experience by all that participated, you would start seeing a lot of toxic PvEers.

You say you don't mind being killed or ganked in PvP. Why are you upset that two reds killed you and the blue didn't help? It is just a death. One you easily avoided next time. Would it really have made a difference if those reds were both in stealth and ganked you? How was their behavior toxic? They killed an enemy player in a PvP zone. What is the big deal?
    PC/EU DC
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You say you don't mind being killed or ganked in PvP. Why are you upset that two reds killed you and the blue didn't help? It is just a death. One you easily avoided next time. Would it really have made a difference if those reds were both in stealth and ganked you? How was their behavior toxic? They killed an enemy player in a PvP zone. What is the big deal?

The point is that the blue was there to bait other blue's passing by into helping him, only to be ganked by the hidden red. It wasn't a real duel. They made it neverending. None of the duellers actually died during the whole 10 minutes of me dead watching it. They would even stop if their health bar went down. It was a trap.

(As to your other point : well, maybe... not sure though. But I'm just as mad and virulent with any PvE grinder who claims a mob or an area as "his own").

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 8, 2016 1:20PM
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have already asked that you guys keep this thread civil and constructive and it seems that warning has been ignored. So this thread is being closed. In the future please avoid getting caught up in arguments with others, take in thread warnings to heart, and most of all follow the community rules.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.