The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Imperial City festivity is a b (ust...

• P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all honesty, the speed at which you can earn Tel Var's makes the loss of 50% much more bearable tbh.

Last night, went in to the sewers 8-10 times, started below, went up top, ran around - but Red and Yellow were determined to control the middle "CTF" points, to the point some even collaborated.

Still came out with over 8k from about an hours play and 8 deaths :D
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abob wrote: »
    Already got almost 230k tel'vars just from killing players. Need 20k more, so please make sure to keep farming them for me. :)

LMFAO!!!!
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not everything will be for everyone.

I think it is a good thing when a company caters to different kinds of players sometimes. There is so much PvE content already, and there is a PvE event coming in less than two months.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just the mechanics of this DLC and I've been having alot of fun these days in IC. It's almost like it was 1 year ago.

TVS are so useless I just don't pay attention to them, besides you now only lose 50% and with the 2x bonus it means that you get to keep what you would've gotten normally. They're still useless anyway.

The skin drop rate is horrible, it's ridiculous. And what's clear to me is that after this event I won't even bother if I don't get it.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for posting this as I too am a PvE'r and was considering getting IC while it's on sale...this thread made me realize that even at half off it will probably be a waste for me.
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    It does nothing for the average PvE player (whom I might add are the lifeblood and money behind this game's continued funding).

Someone really rustled your jimmies down there...

[minor edit for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on September 1, 2016 12:48AM
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's really that bad.

It's never been great - but this, you're right, has made it worse. Just like the capture the flag bs that was introduced did. At least before that all the PVPers would hang out in the Arena district - now the d-baggery has been dissipated throughout the entire city.

We pay for this content - but can't use it. I'd love to go run the quests casually with my wife (we both have ESO+) but after a long horse ride from a random keep (since the other keeps are taken... don't get me even started on the fact you can pay for this content and have d-bags camping the entrances to stop you using what you paid for etc...) only to be ganked within seconds of trying to quest.

Its moronic. The devs need a rethink of this one...

1) You need to have a direct wayshrine into the sewer base.

2) There needs to be a strictly PVE only version of it.

Entitled much?
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by fred4 on August 31, 2016 1:27PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it really that bad?

Dude... It's very, very, very, bad currently. At least on PS4-NA. It wasn't even this bad when IC launched. :(
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what happens when PvE players attend a PvP event, the 1st in 2.5 years I may add. Many tears, such sorrow.

Gonna chime in right here, but what part of the Imperial City event affected PvP?

- Double Drop rate of Tel'var... these come from PvE mobs. PvPers get them from players who got them from PvE mobs
    - Double Drop rate of Molag Bal's cosmetic goodies... again, another PvE mob
    - Crown Store sales on the Imperial City bundle/s

None of these have to do with PvP, except for the fact they're located in a PvP enabled zone. Calling the anniversary event a "PvP event" is a bit of a stretch, all it really has done is increase player count inside the city. And only really the max-level campaigns, mind you, Backwater Blade is the PC NA sub-50 and everything was controlled by one faction yet also completely deserted. I couldn't exploit it to farm Tel'var since I was a poor level 10 I don't know how to play yet :(

If they wanted to make it a PvP event, they would've doubled AP gains from PvP kills inside the city or something like that.
    Edited by Transairion on August 31, 2016 1:20PM
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is what happens when PvE players attend a PvP event, the 1st in 2.5 years I may add. Many tears, such sorrow.

To be fair, as far as events go, the jubilee anniversary cake thing has been the only other one. It's not like the game is full of PvE events (yet). After the Halloween thing it'll be 2:1 PvE too PvP. I think 2:1 would be a perfectly acceptable ratio for events, but I don't think either of us has any delusions that it will stay like that.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, you can double both the AP and TV gains by just waiting in stealth near the entrance to the opposing base and hitting the returners. When full jump campaign, bank, rinse and repeat :D
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does nothing for the average PvE player (whom I might add are the lifeblood and money behind this game's continued funding).

This is why we have laws in real life. There is always a small group of people whose joy comes from making others miserable.

The advertisement for the anniversary DLC had the same effect as chumming the water for sharks.

[minor edit for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on September 1, 2016 12:50AM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    This event isn't really for everyone. I'd recommend staying out of the sewers until the chaos subsides. What good is a double drop rate on skin and scamp if you're not getting a loot drop because you're not one of the top 12 dps? What good is double tel var gain if there's a ganker prowling every corner ready to steal them from you?

I've got my sights set for the halloween witch festival.

Try not to get too frustrated.That's how the IC ecosystem works. It's simply being amplified by the event.

*This is halloween plays in the backround*

There gonna be some goooood times.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this as I too am a PvE'r and was considering getting IC while it's on sale...this thread made me realize that even at half off it will probably be a waste for me.

@Vigarr If you like dungeons, Imperial City is still worth it for White Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison. There are also some good sets in both for use in dungeons and Trials.

You can look at it this way - it's half off, so you only need to like half of it. :D

Although there is a bundle of the first four DLC coming in September, too, so if you would be interested in all four (all but Hist) it might be worthwhile to wait.
    Edited by SolarCat02 on August 31, 2016 1:41PM
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, a healer ain't just a healer without Spell Power Cure.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this is the problem when developers try to feed pvpers with players that are just there for the grind, instead of encouraging real competitve pvp in a real pvp DLC. Reminds me of Gree event in SWTOR. As a pvper there I never understood the point of ganking pveers.

• KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least Z0$ tried with an event lol

Now IC has turned into Cyro, ZergCity. IC used to be small scale, now all im seeing over the last 2 days is 20+ zergs groups chasing down 1 or 2 people, shameless.
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Its about time they gave us a Wayshrine to the sewers. Thats all i can complain about the DLC.
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All this has achieved is to bring out all the d-bags from their mommies basements. It does nothing for the average PvE player (whom I might add are the lifeblood and money behind this game's continued funding).

This is why we have laws in real life. There is always a small group of people whose joy comes from making others miserable.

The advertisement for the anniversary DLC had the same effect as chumming the water for sharks.

Oh please. Can we stop this idea that killing players in a PvP area is somehow wrong or mean. This is literally what the zone was designed for. We aren't trying to make your life miserable, we are simply playing the game. You don't want PvP, stay out of PvP areas it isn't like we can hunt you down in ALL THE OTHER ZONES IN THE GAME!
    PC/EU DC
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care for those collections and reward skins. It's just a lagless zone, and that's good enough for me.
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After One Tamriel is implemented they could make an event where they activate PvP everywhere for a couple of days ;)

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its all fun
    Edited by Lightninvash on August 31, 2016 2:29PM
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    2 x 0.2% = 0.4%. So now you'll need to kill Molag "only" 250 times on average for him to drop useless cosmetic items, instead of 500 times. Yaaaay!

Got both the pet and the skin at the same time in my second Molag Bal kill just yesterday. I am just a casual PVE player. I dont really like PVP.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I once saw 2 gankers in Arboretum and I pulled the spider boss to their location sniping it with a bow from stealth.
    Edited by Asardes on August 31, 2016 2:32PM

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great concept - but the capture the flag nonsense (which was applied on the whims of a single post on these forums) along with this latest pandering has done it for me. I won't be returning to the Imperial City anymore - and if I let my ESO+ lapse, I won't be purchasing this DLC - which was once a MUST HAVE but now is a MUST NEVER PLAY!

By D-bags, I take it you mean people who know how to PVP in a PVP area?

[minor edit for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on September 1, 2016 1:49AM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Offseason, the best AP farm location is CWC :)

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry OP. When they release housing you can chill on your virtual couch watching a virtual tv show of us useless PvPers battling it out. Then if you get bored you could go to the 20+ PvE zones in the game while we're stuck in...2.
    Edited by Moglijuana on August 31, 2016 2:44PM
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC isn't for everyone.

I don't spend a lot of time there, but I enjoy it when I do.

Meanwhile, a guildie pretty much lives in the sewers. He jokes he has family portraits along the walls and that he needs to remember to feed the scamps before he comes run trials with us.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Egonieser
    Egonieser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this has achieved is to bring out all the d-bags from their mommies basements. It does nothing for the average PvE player (whom I might add are the lifeblood and money behind this game's continued funding).

Great concept - but the capture the flag nonsense (which was applied on the whims of a single post on these forums) along with this latest pandering has done it for me. I won't be returning to the Imperial City anymore - and if I let my ESO+ lapse, I won't be purchasing this DLC - which was once a MUST HAVE but now is a MUST NEVER PLAY!

Sorry, but just because you are a pve player doesn't mean you are entitled to anything. It is a PvP zone primarily and guess what, PvP players who go there had to spend money to access the zone so your dumb argument about pve only players spending money on the game is null and void. I am a PvP player and I have ESO+, have bought crowns just like anyone else, but I don't go demanding PvE zones turned into PvP, so why are you?
    Entitlement is strong in this one.

If you don't like what the zone is about - don't go there, nobody is forcing you. But if you do decide to go, suck it up and accept the fact it is a PvP zone and was always advertised as such. You have dozens of other PvE zones to remain in if this is above your head.
    Sometimes, I dream about...cheese...

Dermont - v16 Pompous Altmer Sorcerer (With a very arrogant face!)
    Egonieser - v16 Nord Stamina Dragonborn Wannabe
    Endoly - v16 Tiny Redguard Sharpened MaceBlade
    Egosalina - v16 Breton Cheesus Beam Specialist
    Egowen - v16 Dunmer Whipping Expert (Riding crops eluded her)
    (Yes, I had to grind all these to v16)
    Akamanakh - lvl 22 Khajiit GankBlade (Inspired by Top Cat)
    Targos Icewind - lvl 34 Imperial (Future) Jabplar
    (CP 830+)

PC - EU
This discussion has been closed.