The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Sorc sheild exploit

• Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I take back my previous post; something is definitely messed up here whether it's that weird emote fighting glitch or something that I didn't know even existed on Xbox...it's super strange to me that the shields keep refreshing yet they don't attack at all for the first half (I'd assume if it were the emote thing they'd also attack and not just stack shields).

Report it for sure. And I'd block out that name if you can or remove the video on here so you don't get in trouble for naming and shaming.
  • Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, there is already video evidence somewhere on these forums. It's a known thing, thankfully it doesn't seem to be too common that people know how to pull it off.
    My ping is higher than your resource recovery...
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using special tricks or whatever, this should be reported to ZOS and let them investigate.

Don't let that scoundrel get away
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »
    And what makes you so sure it was an exploit?

Ok so standing still and maintaining sheilds? Is that normal with two people bashing on it?

2 people? Hell yeah, anyone with good Magicka sustain and Damage Shield strength can do that. Especially in a CP Campaign.

just watch that part before the tower door. either the shield is auto-reapplying (as accused here) or at least absolutely no cast animation is show (still broken and a bug, also no block/bash/swap that might have cancelled and thus hidden the animation) - no no shields. apart from the fact that the shield seems too big for obsi/hw at full HP, there's also no visual effect and these two are usually rather obvious
    Edited by Kas on September 1, 2016 11:12AM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭
    This isn't an exploit. This animation bug happens quite frequently actually (I.E. when a templar seems to have his weapon sheathed but has an aedric spear in his hand and is somehow jabbing you). It's where on YOUR screen their character has their weapon sheathed when in reality (on their screen) that is not the case. Guaranteed from that sorcs perspective he had his weapon out and he was spamming Hardened Ward. If you watch the video you can see when you CC'd him, he broke out of it while still having his weapon sheathed. This is not possible UNLESS his weapon isn't actually sheathed and you're witnessing an animation bug, like i mentioned.
    Characters:

Magicka Dragonknight, Yoyuyi
    Stamina Dragonknight, -Jombo
    Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo
    Magicka Nightblade, -Wombo
    Magicka Dragonknight, -Combo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

http://imgur.com/a/RWZZ7
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    @Destyran Nice Malubeth Cancerplar -_-

I have a few ideas for what happened.

1) That Sorc had their weapons out, and was shield-spamming for the sole purpose of messing with you. I do the same thing to tanky Malubeth Templars sometimes for fun. The rare bug of characters standing still (nearly animation-less) just like that happened but for a long time.

2) The player was abusing the Emote bugs, which can cancel animations, and found a strange way to manipulate it for what we see here.

I believe it's the animation glitch. This was prolonged, but nothing screamed exploit. Just really buggy gameplay :/
    Thanks. Ots either malubeth or get insta killed from 99% of stam players. Or just light attacked heroic bashed from every one else. Its rhe only way to have fun
    Edited by Destyran on September 1, 2016 11:32AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf sorcerers
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Nerf sorcerers

Its not a nerf thread
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are so many cheats and broken game mechanics in this game it is crazy and almost not worth playing any longer, shields have a 6 second timer, you have to keep reapplying them over an over, if they were afk, they had to be running a macro that was auto applying the shield, cheat engine, no normal game mechanic would keep an afk player alive.

It's a shame ZOS cannot get a handle on the cheating and exploiting in this game it is ruining this game a costing them accounts, it is a bigger deal than a lot of people claim. :neutral:
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of the bug is familiar, where you get stuck in a walk animation that's even slower than the usual walk speed. Whenever I or a friend has gotten it, we always relog immediately. It would be easy enough to test the animation next time and see if they don't show up for others even if they show up for bugged slow walking toon. Looks more buggy than anything else.
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And what makes you so sure it was an exploit?

i agree . maybe it's just a bug ... and P.U players will be banish for nothing ...
  • diskiukas
    diskiukas
    ✭✭✭
    Yoyuyi999 wrote: »
    This isn't an exploit. This animation bug happens quite frequently actually (I.E. when a templar seems to have his weapon sheathed but has an aedric spear in his hand and is somehow jabbing you). It's where on YOUR screen their character has their weapon sheathed when in reality (on their screen) that is not the case. Guaranteed from that sorcs perspective he had his weapon out and he was spamming Hardened Ward. If you watch the video you can see when you CC'd him, he broke out of it while still having his weapon sheathed. This is not possible UNLESS his weapon isn't actually sheathed and you're witnessing an animation bug, like i mentioned.

LOL, I must be blind, this is an exploit clear as day. What you describing , happens to me everyday, does not mean that you cant see skills firing and as far as i know that bug is visible only to you, not other they around ( I asked few times my group members and they confirmed it that they see nothing unusual).
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That "sorc" casts BoL when finally damaged and passes the flag at -0.48 in the video.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the input guys. Its a weird situation. Feel free to check out my crappt videos by searching xbox game dvr Destyran
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 bucks says this sorc was afk under a ladder in the IC sewers :)

edit- nvm just saw the video

Edited by Makkir on September 1, 2016 12:41PM
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    50 bucks says this sorc was afk under a ladder in the IC sewers :)

Ok please pay me $50 ill have it in my paypal thanks ;)
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks fishy. Send this video to Zeni in a ticket. If he's actually hacking i hope he'll get a ban.
    Like they wil ban him hahahahaha Kuch
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »
    Banana wrote: »
    Nerf sorcerers

Its not a nerf thread

it is now!

"torches-and-pitchforks.jpg
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahahaha
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have closed this thread. There is already an official thread on cheating and exploits where you can discus this topic further.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.