Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any Aussies are here?

jarradarab
jarradarab
✭✭✭
How many of you have managed to convince people from the states that drop bears are a very real and dangerous threat that we have to deal with on a daily basis. When im with people i dont in TS or Discord that is my main goel by the end of the session lol.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ah...antipodeans....strange but somehow wonderful.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had to look up a Drop Bear... :D
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • jarradarab
    jarradarab
    ✭✭✭

Whats an Antipodean?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG (not an aussie) I totally just learned what a drop bear was the other day from someone who went there for a few months.

I'm really disappointed @Applinator never told me!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jarradarab wrote: »

Whats an Antipodean?

i rest my case
  • jarradarab
    jarradarab
    ✭✭✭

Whats an Antipodean?

i rest my case

Just googled it. Ive never heard of it before. Why dont northerners just call us Aussies or Kiwis lol
  • jarradarab
    jarradarab
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    OMG (not an aussie) I totally just learned what a drop bear was the other day from someone who went there for a few months.

They're extremely dangerous. Never go bushwalking without a weapon.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Whats an Antipodean?

i rest my case

Just googled it. Ive never heard of it before. Why dont northerners just call us Aussies or Kiwis lol

one tries to be polite and can never be certain that said person is either an aussie or, indeed, a kiwi.

though i was under the misapprehension that a kiwi is a flightless bird.

just imagine its stephen fry saying it
    Edited by jedtb16_ESO on August 31, 2016 7:54PM
  • jarradarab
    jarradarab
    ✭✭✭

Whats an Antipodean?

i rest my case

one tries to be polite and can never be certain that said person is either an aussie or, indeed, a kiwi.

A Kiwi is a flightless bird, but also what Aussies call people from New Zealand.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Whats an Antipodean?

i rest my case

A Kiwi is a flightless bird, but also what Aussies call people from New Zealand.

ah, you posted before i did the edit
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I didn't mention it in your streams? And neither did App? What kind of Aussies are we? xD
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the Australian Museum: http://australianmuseum.net.au/drop-bear
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't mention it in your streams? And neither did App? What kind of Aussies are we? xD

Terrible ones apparently @AzraelKrieg :tongue:
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Terrible ones apparently @AzraelKrieg :tongue:

Seems so. Then again, we'd rather leave them to be a surprise to visitors from other countries to find out the hard way :tongue:
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drop bears are nothing. Where I moved to we have to watch out for the Jersey Devil when going out at night. :p
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just a tip for those in North America - getting Aussie and Kiwis mixed up is taken about as well as mixing up Americans and Canadians.

Most people not from our part of the world who complain about lag don't know how annoying it can be. I see posts with videos complaining about lag and what I see seems perfectly fine by me - maybe we are just used to it here.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...When I lived in Canada I may or may not have spread the word about Drop Bears >:)...
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • NobleVulom
    NobleVulom
    ✭✭
    haha the classic drop bears, the questions upon our deadly wildlife will never get old.

wrestle a crocodile today?
    @Noble.Vulom - PC / An Aussie on NA / cp600+

Ra'hba Khajiit Nightblade (AD) DPS
    Hal'var Altmer Templar (AD) Healer
    Valdrigr Redguard Dragonknight (DC) Tank
    Atlās Bosmer Templar (AD) Tank
    Halvir Hroptr Imperial Sorcerer (DC) DPS
    Ignatìus Dunmer Dragonknight (EP) DPS
    The Harvestér Altmer Nightblade (AD) PVP
    Viktor Nikiforov Altmer Sorcerer (EP) DPS
    The Effulgence Argonian Templar (AD) PVP
    Sorcit Altmer Sorcerer (DC) PVP
    Midorima Altmer Warden (DC) DPS
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If its on 8 legs or none it'll kill ya.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    If its on 8 legs or none it'll kill ya.

If it's on 4 it may kill you as well.
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tried the drop bear thing, but someone from the states that I used to know got really mad and upset once when I told him that Aussie hamburgers with the lot contain egg & beetroot.
    He was genuinely pissed off, and disconnected from the skype call lol.

Apparently, hamburgers should only ever consist of meat and cheese. Otherwise you can't get the full flavour ( of grease )
    EU / NA / PC
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlueViolet wrote: »
    I haven't tried the drop bear thing, but someone from the states that I used to know got really mad and upset once when I told him that Aussie hamburgers with the lot contain egg & beetroot.
    He was genuinely pissed off, and disconnected from the skype call lol.

Apparently, hamburgers should only ever consist of meat and cheese. Otherwise you can't get the full flavour ( of grease )

I was eating in a speciality burger joint (i.e. they put more than just meat & cheese on the burger) and there was one burger which had blackberry jam and egg on it. I asked the server if it was good and he thought the egg was just too weird to put on a burger, he didn't mind the jam though....
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackberry jam?? And he didn't think THAT was weird? :D

I suppose egg is an acquired taste if you're not as Aussie ( and if you ARE one sometimes I guess ) but I couldn't imagine a more boring hamburger than just meat and cheese.
    I also like a slice of pineapple on mine too, alongside that evil egg and beetroot.

I often read in books or saw it mentioned about putting maple syrup on bacon and scrambled eggs. I always used to balk at it, until one day when I tried it.
    ...... SO DELICIOUS.
    EU / NA / PC
  • Karminathevamp
    Karminathevamp
    ✭✭✭
    Drop Bear, now that's cute! In Canada, we have a larger size called Sasquatch ... LOL ;)
    Master Angler
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drop Bear, now that's cute! In Canada, we have a larger size called Sasquatch ... LOL ;)

We have something similar. It's called a yowie.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Just a tip for those in North America - getting Aussie and Kiwis mixed up is taken about as well as mixing up Americans and Canadians.
    This should illustrate it for anyone who doesn't understand:
    https://youtu.be/hoF_fa9TMDk
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @UrQuan you're a bloody legend mate xD Not a big fan of Flight of the Concords myself but they do some funny stuff and poking at the relationship between Aussies and Kiwis is brilliant
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @UrQuan you're a bloody legend mate xD Not a big fan of Flight of the Concords myself but they do some funny stuff and poking at the relationship between Aussies and Kiwis is brilliant
    I love the line "she may have been subtly mocking your accent"
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • ConeOfSilence
    ConeOfSilence
    ✭✭✭✭
    Straya
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    I love the line "she may have been subtly mocking your accent"

Ah yes. The Aussie mocking of the Kiwi accent and how they say stuff like "six", "fish", and "chips". I worked with a guy from New Zealand and we would get into all sorts of verbal battles about what stuff is called such as thongs/jandels and eskys/chillybins