Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

leaving dungeons mid pledge..

Tats
Tats
✭✭✭
Can you please make it so if someone joins a group for the pledge thats half done or almost done they get their quest updated? I just made it to final boss on vet pledge and the guy left for work. Like 10 people joined then left immediately, and the group disbanded.. very frustrating
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they need to implement some kind of system because while its frustrating for you, stuck on last boss, its also really frustrating for the people who have waited for however long to find a group, only to be placed with one that has done most of the objectives for the pledge!
  • Erasure
    Erasure
    ✭✭✭
    They couldn't do that, it'd be easy to game it.

1: Run a group to the final stage
    2: Invite literally everyone, all their quests get set to the final condition
    3: Form new groups and skip all avoidable content, still receive full clear status.
    4: Enjoy your quick keys.

Maybe if the quest status reset to fully uncompleted once the player leaves an instance as well, but then we'd have a similar problem. Only groups that do full, sequential completion would be able to get rewarded. Currently, if someone flakes on the last boss, you technically can find a group who also is at the final stage and get your clear that way. Finding one might not be a common occurrence, of course.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Erasure wrote: »
    They couldn't do that, it'd be easy to game it.

1: Run a group to the final stage
    2: Invite literally everyone, all their quests get set to the final condition
    3: Form new groups and skip all avoidable content, still receive full clear status.
    4: Enjoy your quick keys.

Maybe if the quest status reset to fully uncompleted once the player leaves an instance as well, but then we'd have a similar problem. Only groups that do full, sequential completion would be able to get rewarded. Currently, if someone flakes on the last boss, you technically can find a group who also is at the final stage and get your clear that way. Finding one might not be a common occurrence, of course.
    I guess thanks to load screens this wouldn't save any time. Additionally most (gold) pledges only require bosses that can't be skiped anyway. The only exception that comes to my mind is vCoA.
  • Erasure
    Erasure
    ✭✭✭
    I guess thanks to load screens this wouldn't save any time. Additionally most (gold) pledges only require bosses that can't be skiped anyway. The only exception that comes to my mind is vCoA.

It wouldn't be people who could clear the content to begin with, who would attempt such things ;)
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nah this is the thing that started this mess in the first place where I queue up for a random vet dungeon only to get placed in a group with a CP10-100 for City of ash and decide to leave because they're all buddies costing me 15mins of my time.

You need to look at it from both sides; if I join your group as a Tank or DPS n you guys just keep screwing up and yeah I'll take blame when needed but if I know it's not me and you won't listen then sorry I'm out. I've been in plenty of dungeons where I explain it and they ignore me, I've carried many players through 'hard' dungeons as a tank while we had a CP120 sorc healer.

I remember trying to tank kena with under 300CP DPS and that 120 sorc healer. Tried and tried telling them what's up and spent well over 1 hour on the last boss like wow
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • elantaura
    elantaura
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually get put in them in the random dailys. I think they need to give priority here. If boss has been killed use random as opposed to specific group, I am happy to do it on random help out and get my xp and leave even if it's the last boss.you get the Xp and level undaunted.

If I go on the pretence of a pledge I leave though.
    The solution is I believe for gf to grab from the random line I am happy to get the XP for 1 boss, group is happy to be out of the mess they are in . I once brought my NB into a group in the crucible who had spent 4 hours a friend gave up they were so happy -it felt great to help too.
    PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elantaura wrote: »
    I usually get put in them in the random dailys. I think they need to give priority here. If boss has been killed use random as opposed to specific group, I am happy to do it on random help out and get my xp and leave even if it's the last boss.you get the Xp and level undaunted.

The solution is I believe for gf to grab from the random line I am happy to get the XP for 1 boss, group is happy to be out of the mess they are in . I once brought my NB into a group in the crucible who had spent 4 hours a friend gave up they were so happy -it felt great to help too.

see this is a brilliant idea! if the group has partly completed a pledge only pull people who are queing for a random dungeon.
    AMAZING IDEA!

chances are they are only interested in the huge xp bonus they get for queing for a random dungeon or are randomly after any old helm.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elantaura wrote: »

see this is a brilliant idea! if the group has partly completed a pledge only pull people who are queing for a random dungeon.
    AMAZING IDEA!

chances are they are only interested in the huge xp bonus they get for queing for a random dungeon or are randomly after any old helm.

This! When queuing for a random it's usually a plus to see a partially completed dungeon. (I say usually because sometimes the group really is that horrible. But give me at least one other competent person and I will run it with confidence.)

When queuing for the pledge, of course, not so much.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a real idea.
    Remove undaunted dailies completely and move those rewards to random activity and specific activities

Give more bonuses based on not dying, dying less, number of NPC group kills. It doesn't need to be so rigid and limited. It should be something to encourage ppl to run dungeons but not something that promotes elitist grouping and excluding others.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on August 29, 2016 2:43AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PUG LIFE™
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
  • elantaura
    elantaura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes Most people I don't think know you get the xp in randoms and still leave if boss is gone. I didn't but I went to direfrost and felt sorry for a group and knew I could burn the boss.and wanted to see if it helped undaunted. As I am leveling it on a couple still. I though what the heck and did. I was surprised and happy at the activity completed lol. Now I kind of hope I get them people stuck ones.
    PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP