Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Gamescom 2016 Recap: Update 12 & One Tamriel"

• BFT88
    BFT88
    ✭✭✭✭
    So many tears, I could row a boat through this thread.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the gambling boxes are a dangerous problem. They got Star Trek Online banned in some countries, as I recall (don't know if it still is).

I won't participate in them. I won't subscribe to that level of greed, and I question the ethics behind them. However, I can ignore them, and the rest of this looks fantastic.

My main concern might be that quest lines not get broken. That is, I don't want to see spoilers if I wander into a zone higher level than what I'm "supposed" to be in.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Fecius wrote: »
    No DLC? That's kinda sad. :(

They are completely revamping the game, completely revamped Craglorn... for many of us players, Craglorn will be the equivalent of a new DLC.

And what about old players? I'm here since 2014. One Tamriel will give me so little new to do. 17 me dungeon modes? Well, they will be done for couple days with a good group. And what should I do for 5 months before Update 13?! I guess, I know: playing other games... :(
    Edited by Fecius on August 24, 2016 10:05AM
    - Looking for Progress PvE Guild!
    - Ex Ætherius Eight / Ætherius Raid PC EU
    - World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8 at January 21, 2015)

- PvE Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer
    - YouTube

- Under sun and sky Outlander, we greet you warmly!
    - Под этим Солнцем и небом мы тепло приветствуем тебя!
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something I've called for in many games over MANY years is repeatable content generated using a system of random element generators.

That is, random encounters in random places, open to anyone who comes across them. They might be combat situations, a gang of trolls trying to eat some hobbits, or they might be mundane things, a trader with a broken cart wheel in need of aid. They might lead to a short chain of related encounters that spawn at the same time, and so on.

The key is RANDOMNESS. With enough random elements, every encounter might be different. Now, that doesn't preclude using a few scripted encounters, too.

I remember the first time I was walking along a road and there was an incursion from Oblivion spawning a few vampires or daedra, or a caravan under attack, or a summoner in trouble... These are the kinds of things we need more of. If they can be expanded on, how great would that be? Imagine trying to track down the mercs who attacked the merchants, or if the summoner accidentally created daedra all over an area, affecting ALL players in a zone?

I don't mean to say this would be an easy thing to do, but I think it would extend the life of the game immeasurably.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Test your PvP skills against your friends"
    I take it as proof of possibility to duel vs own faction.
    Edited by Cinbri on August 24, 2016 7:25AM
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see how itemization works, what sets will drop out side of trials and dungeons and how their value will hold up. Many of the Trial sets drop at different levels through out the world. Viper and Warlock for instance. They have good value now but when you can get it from lower level zones ... what then? All but jewelry can be improved so the market could be flooded with armor and weapons driving those purple drop values to bottom dollar since pretty much all but yellow mats are so easy to come buy. Maybe this will raise the value of green, blue, and purple improvement mats though ... time will tell.

Hopefully magicka will get some solid sets again. Stamina seems spoiled compared, and PVP rewards all seem to be stamina or tank based. How high do I need to finish to get a magicka pcs other then Vicious Death. /sigh

Dueling ... how will this work with AP? Will AP be rewarded? Betting? Will there be some sort of record tracker? Wins/loses? or will this just be fight for the sake of it? I guess we'll just have to tune in next time.

Sad Craglorn is going to be 1-2 man content. I loved the adventure zone ... it failed because of lack of population (which removing the faction barrier will fix) which was caused by the tedious vet grind (which is pretty well gone) and then because it became just another lower level zone which you don't bother with because its below you and the drops are worthless (which T1 is supposed to fix).

More solo content ... That's why I MMO. To play by myself. I wish Crag was 12 man content. What is there for guilds to do together besides Trials and PvP? Run through the sewers looting and rolling over gankers? It's all so damn weak.

Craglorn should be the Undaunted Zone. It should be a place we can get a group of 4-12 and grind through dungeon style daily quests for Undaunted XP instead of searching for a group in the sea of gold/silver seekers. IC should have been an adventure zone as well, instead of crappy pvp/pve mash up which seems to have help shrink the PVP population some how. How do you release the first "PVP" DLC and then have to remove campaigns shortly after? Sewers should be PVP. Districts PvE (with lower TV drop rate of course). More people would have been happy and might still be playing there.

"Undaunted Pledges will be available to players up to 3 times per day ..." So you're going to do normal, Vet, and DLC? I wouldn't care for that. It gives DLC owners an opportunity to gain Undaunted xp that much faster, in addition to having gear that's not accessible to those who opt not to, or can not afford to purchase the DLCs ... which is the issue we have now.

Crown crates seem stupid. Don't we have enough RNG drama around here? You'll be flooded with people saying they spent x amount of dollars to get junk they wouldn't pay for, but not that specific mount the really wanted or that they spent so many times what the item they wanted was worth to get it. Just bring the items back around and sell them at regular price ... or you can try marking them up!

"Guilds and Glory DLC bundle in the in-game Crown Store so you can purchase these DLC game packs at just 5500 crowns." And here i wasted 3000+ per ... hope the individual price will be dropping as well cause I just need DB and Hist and they're going to cost me the same as the entire collection.

I am looking forward to T1.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the Craglorn changes. Everything else I'm either neutral or negative towards.
    Essiaga wrote: »

"Guilds and Glory DLC bundle in the in-game Crown Store so you can purchase these DLC game packs at just 5500 crowns." And here i wasted 3000+ per ... hope the individual price will be dropping as well cause I just need DB and Hist and they're going to cost me the same as the entire collection.
    DB and SotH cost half the price of the bundle. If you want enhanced versions with mounts, fair enough, but that is not the actual price of the DLC.
    Edited by Rosveen on August 24, 2016 11:28AM
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    Yeah, the gambling boxes are a dangerous problem. They got Star Trek Online banned in some countries, as I recall (don't know if it still is).

I won't participate in them. I won't subscribe to that level of greed, and I question the ethics behind them. However, I can ignore them, and the rest of this looks fantastic.

My main concern might be that quest lines not get broken. That is, I don't want to see spoilers if I wander into a zone higher level than what I'm "supposed" to be in.

Don't worry, every quest line is basically "save village X from Y"
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I just wonder if those crown crates will be the only way for players to get previously released limited time offers (if they want a particular one) or if these offers will be also available for purchase in a "traditional" way by buying them directly for their normal price for a limited time, e.g. as a holiday offer? I don't mean those rare exclusive things but only the previous limited time offers like Frostmare mount, that now seem to be locked behind RNG wall.
    Edited by Tyrion87 on August 24, 2016 10:54AM
  • Kashiwagi
    Kashiwagi
    ✭✭✭
    Craglorn, which was originally introduced in 2014 as a group-focused Adventure Zone, is being re-designed so it will no longer require a group to play. Now you'll find that all the main story quests can be completed solo...
    Yes! Thank you, ZOS, thank you!

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One Tamriel still a terrible idea. Allowing people to just jump to any content is just not how MMOs/RPGs really work.

Also when you are trying to have warring factions one second you are group with a person next you're trying to destroy each other. I get Guilds, and Friends lists, but for just any random person out there is lame. How are the guards of cities going to react? Can Aldmeri just walk into Ebonheart, or will they have to raise their faction through quests or killing mobs like in Everquest. You can't say oh look at the huge war then just let people of other factions walk in and out of enemy cities....

Hmmm.....If im in the USA and you are in Russia and we are at war....I can fly to Russia or take a boat there......I wont be stopped by guards unless I break the law.........

Right?

ok.

If you believe that is completely true then you do not live in the real world. You would be most likely not be allowed in the country and maybe put in jail, if you weren't (like if you had some strong connections there), you would be followed and monitored very, very closely as a potential spy.

Now on the game side,

If a Khajiit from say Daggerfall Covenant, who fights for DC (or EP warrior) tried to go back to Elsweyr, more than likely you would be labeled a Renrij (Landless Scum), thrown in jail and would be more than likely, summarily executed for crimes against the people and for defying the Mane.

Suffice to say, any Non Dominion Khajiit that was found fighting for the enemy could never go home (to Elsweyr) again and if they did they would be killed if found out.

The problem with your analogy is that... they are not going to be 'found fighting'... players will simply arrive as just another traveler, nobody will know anything about where they've been fighting or for whom. You act like nobody in ancient Tamriel traveled around and yet, playing Cadwell's Silver/Gold, we find all different races in all different zones... mostly traveling merchants, etc... but they are still there.

well yes, but Adventurer pack (any race, any alliance) is already in the game, my second character is a Khajiit and he is in DC, so what :)?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    keto3000 wrote: »
    One Tamriel still a terrible idea. Allowing people to just jump to any content is just not how MMOs/RPGs really work.

Also when you are trying to have warring factions one second you are group with a person next you're trying to destroy each other. I get Guilds, and Friends lists, but for just any random person out there is lame. How are the guards of cities going to react? Can Aldmeri just walk into Ebonheart, or will they have to raise their faction through quests or killing mobs like in Everquest. You can't say oh look at the huge war then just let people of other factions walk in and out of enemy cities....

I like the concept of unlimited travel opportunity regardless of faction (on the surface of it) however, I still agree that Faction pride and loyalty in an MMO is crucial to keeping the excitement and edge to the game. Right now, the edge in PvP is already diluted since players who have multi faction toons simply jump to their other faction toon and come into the very same campaign they just fought in on another faction. NO sense of faction community/team building for many. despite the rush to embrace One Tamriel by many ESO players, a lot of upcoming MMOs, e.g Camelot Unchained; Crowfall, etc. will actually return to faction pride-based gaming. PvP 'zeitgeist' is directly based upon the game's factions being at odds to fight for the Ruby Throne and claim ascendency. All factions simply roaming free to co-mingle together throughout all the world doesn't even jive with faction storylines!

I feel that there will be a deep sense of' 'emotionally disconnect' for players and the game storyline will lose its main strength: Storyline immersion.

Just my thoughts, but I hope I'm wrong. I really enjoy ESO and fully support our community and devs constantly moving to improve the game. I'm hoping for the best!

hmm, but the story could be "saved" with a simply idea, that not every player (similar to not every NPC) are part of the Cyrodiil war, but some stay neutral. so for them, there is no problem to group with similarily-minded "enemy" players
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Moonfish wrote: »
    One Tamriel will destroy the lore. Im now playing Cadwell's alternate reality or something. Im a high elf AD playing through DC. Im being sent to kill AD soldiers and suddenly the King trust me and considers me his champion. Though he is fighting against my alliance. And I actually finished the EP story previously so I was against him and the queen Im supposed to serve. Its just stupid. Even as a "what if" scenario, it completely breaks immersion.

I just hate how they deal with lore in the ES series, they create a very detailed story and then toss it up into the air.

But you are still asked to believe you fight for an alliance and even capture others citiea in pvp while you go around the world backstabbing your leaders and doing story contents that even overlap each other. So now Im fighting AD invaders in Glenumbra. The ones I helped so they could get there.

One thing is to take the game to seriously, and the other is to make the story irrelevant and totally dumb. Its like WOW would do the same with the Horde/Alliance.

well Cadwells silver and gold are just an addon to the main quest line of your alliance, so that you can have more oportunities to play the game, alternative realities (which Cadwell somehow magically created, only Meridia knows who Cadwell is in reality, maybe some Deadric demi-prince or something). but if you like, you can choose not to participate in Cadwells silver and gold.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interested to see how they will be explaining fighting for the other alliances now that Cadwell's "alternate timeline" is no longer available as an explanation.

I also share the concerns about inadvertently breaking the intended quest order by travelling to a "later" zone before completing an "earlier" one, thus spoiling the story. I think it's the AD zones that are most susceptible to this, both because all zones can be accessed directly from Grahtwood, unlike the more linear layout of EP zones, and because the AD quests are the ones that make most reference to previous zones' events, unlike DC where every zone is pretty much separate (primary examples of AD linearity in the Spoiler below).
    • If you do any zone quest outside of Auridon before finishing Auridon, you are likely to hear about Estre's betrayal and death before you find out she's a traitor.
    • If you do Reaper's March before Greenshade, you depose the Mane before you rescue him from Driladan.
    • If you do Malabal Tor before Greenshade, you are helping the Silvenar before Indaenir becomes the Silvenar.
    • If you do Greenshade before Grahtwood, you are hearing about Naemon's death before you kill him.
    Edited by Enodoc on August 24, 2016 12:21PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Interested to see how they will be explaining fighting for the other alliances now that Cadwell's "alternate timeline" is no longer available as an explanation.

I also share the concerns about inadvertently breaking the intended quest order by travelling to a "later" zone before completing an "earlier" one, thus spoiling the story. I think it's the AD zones that are most susceptible to this, both because all zones can be accessed directly from Grahtwood, unlike the more linear layout of EP zones, and because the AD quests are the ones that make most reference to previous zones' events, unlike DC where every zone is pretty much separate (primary examples of AD linearity in the Spoiler below).
    • If you do any zone quest outside of Auridon before finishing Auridon, you are likely to hear about Estre's betrayal and death before you find out she's a traitor.
    • If you do Reaper's March before Greenshade, you depose the Mane before you rescue him from Driladan.
    • If you do Malabal Tor before Greenshade, you are helping the Silvenar before Indaenir becomes the Silvenar.
    • If you do Greenshade before Grahtwood, you are hearing about Naemon's death before you kill him.

I too am very interested in how they are handling this.

I assume that there's been some giant amounts of quest rewriting, but you know what they say about assuming ...
    Edited by JD2013 on August 24, 2016 12:56PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Chillic
    Chillic
    ✭✭✭
    BFT88 wrote: »
    So many tears, I could row a boat through this thread.

Can you give a dude a lift? Not the strongest swimmer and I fell in trying to hear the crying
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought that they had said that MAIN STORY quests in enemy alliance zones wouldn't be accessible until Cadwell's Silver/Gold was active for them. I think I remember them saying that basic quests in all alliance zones would be available, just not the main story ones.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    This is such an incredibly good patch coming, why would you spoil it with such a heinous, disgusting system as gambling boxes? Why are you having "seasons" of gambling-exclusive items? Why are you changing the way that your loyal customers can support the game? We don't want to gamble at a chance for cosmetic items, we want to buy them in the same manner we always have. Gambling boxes are a stain on this otherwise remarkable game!!

This.
    I was really excited about this update... But well, now idk. Mixed feeling, to say the least.

hm, but guys, yes it is for real money, that is the only difference between RNG drops in the game. I do not like it, so I will not buy them. You can do this too :) - problem solved!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought that they had said that MAIN STORY quests in enemy alliance zones wouldn't be accessible until Cadwell's Silver/Gold was active for them. I think I remember them saying that basic quests in all alliance zones would be available, just not the main story ones.
    I dont think so; based on Matt Firor's BE3, “Silver" and “gold" versions of zones will be replaced by Cadwell quest storylines that you can do in any order you wish. That suggests there is a bit of rewriting for Cadwell, but that all quests will be available immediately.

JD2013 wrote: »

I too am very interested in how they are handling this.
    I assume that there's been some giant amounts of quest rewriting, but you know what they say about assuming ...
    Other than for AD story order, not much rewriting is actually really needed. All you need is something explaining why you're going into enemy territories to help them; all the quests within the zones don't need rewriting if there's an overall explanation for why you're there.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Finding or forming a group will be easier than ever"

Easier than ever ? It has never been easy as the group finder has never worked properly, and right now it is more difficult than it has ever been to form groups.
    Does this quote mean that you will finally fix the group finder fully, and fix the current problems of even forming groups with your friends?
    Or are you just going to keep on ignoring all the problems and lying about fixes ?
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Essiaga wrote: »

Shadows of the Hist will not be in that bundle as they describe it as having the first 4 DLCs:
    1. Imperial City
    2. Orsinium
    3. Thieves Guild
    4. Dark Brotherhood

Although they sometimes say "all DLCs up to this point" they then specify the first four and only seem to be counting DLCs released prior to their announcement of the "Tamriel Gold edition."

Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont think so; based on Matt Firor's BE3, “Silver" and “gold" versions of zones will be replaced by Cadwell quest storylines that you can do in any order you wish. That suggests there is a bit of rewriting for Cadwell, but that all quests will be available immediately.

Well then this will NOT make any sense; how are we the hero of AD, hero of DC AND hero of EP all at the same time?!? At least Cadwell's offer a very loose explanation, but if this is true, it offers nothing. It's like ZOS is saying, "we don't care about lore, we don't care if this makes any sense, we're just going to open the world and let people do whatever." If this is the case, the ESO must truly be in dire financial straits to stop caring about their entire game making any sense.
    Edited by ADarklore on August 24, 2016 2:30PM
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Siphoneer
    Siphoneer
    ✭✭✭
    Gambling boxes? And you already know its not gonna be random.. Probably an increased chance for certain players. Im done with this game after this patch.
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to this update :)
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Siphoneer wrote: »
    Gambling boxes? And you already know its not gonna be random.. Probably an increased chance for certain players. Im done with this game after this patch.

Hmm I wouldn't be surprised if they increased chance for ESO Plus members :smiley: Imagine all the rage and anger then...
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    I heard talk of weapon skill line ultimates. I hope it's true and they're in update 12.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    argouru wrote: »
    I heard talk of weapon skill line ultimates. I hope it's true and they're in update 12.

The talk came from Matt Firor who said they will be in Update 12 but you will be required to completely level the weapon line to access the Ultimate- just like Fighters/Mages Guild.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well then this will NOT make any sense; how are we the hero of AD, hero of DC AND hero of EP all at the same time?!? At least Cadwell's offer a very loose explanation, but if this is true, it offers nothing. It's like ZOS is saying, "we don't care about lore, we don't care if this makes any sense, we're just going to open the world and let people do whatever." If this is the case, the ESO must truly be in dire financial straits to stop caring about their entire game making any sense.
    Indeed. It'll make no sense if they don't explain it. Hence why I said I'll be interested to see how they will be explaining it now that Cadwell's "alternate timeline" is no longer available as an explanation. They have to have some explanation, and the fact that "Cadwell quest storylines" are mentioned, that is likely to be the source of the necessary explanation.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Cinbri wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Please tell us that PvE dueling will be possible inside factions.
    It will be possible, yes. :)

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Any reason why it lacks so many details given the many threads from this weekend and mod comments would it not be possible to update this thread with more information specifics

-scaled zone nodes
    -new transportation boat routes
    -wayshrine teleport limitations
    -travel to player limitations
    -details on how lower scaling was changed
    -activity finder updates
    -Craglorn nodes specifically for Nirnhoned
    Craglorn nirnhoned trait drops

Save dueling for PAX. Ok
    Many of the details will be revealed in next week's patch notes, the panels at PAX (which will be livestreamed), and upcoming website articles.

wayfarerx wrote: »
    nimander99 wrote: »
    This is a massive frustration point for me. I have been advocating for something like One Tamriel since about a month into playing this game. Now that its coming they decided to toss in Gambling Boxes that appear to contain cosmetics that will only be attainable through buying large quantities of Gambling Boxes. (see Neverwinter)

My overwhelming excitement for Update 12 turned to ashes in my mouth.

This game isn't just some stand alone MMO. This is an Elder Scrolls MMO! It should be a step above the petty gambling carp you see in F2P games...

Well put, this is exactly how I feel. One Tamriel is the game I always wanted to play, now I just have to walk through a scummy casino with mouth-breathing pit bosses and vacant-eyed waitresses every time I want to play.

Why don't we get Arnold Schwarzenegger to do some low-production-value mobile ads while we're at it?
    Interesting analogy. Keep in mind we won't be doing any in-your-face advertising of Crown Crates while you're playing; it will generally be the same as what we currently do with the Crown Store. There will be an icon that you click on, and you decide when you want to open the UI.

And don't hate on Arnold, he's awesome!

Legoless wrote: »
    I've purchased every cosmetic offered in the Crown Store, every - single - one.
    You shouldn't have too much of a problem accruing the Crown Gems needed to get the new mounts then, assuming they'll be available in that manner. Non-whales who don't buy everything will have a much tougher time getting them and will end up filling their collection with all sorts of trash along the way.
    This is an excellent point (minus the trash part ;)). If you own the majority of collectibles already, then you'll gain Gems a lot more frequently, and can then purchase another collectible of your choice from the current Crown Crate season.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I would like a clarification of these Crown Gems that'll be in the Crown Crates if we already have the collectable. The recap wasn't very specific about what collectablez they can be used to buy with, as well as the Crown Crate season, whatever that is. What is the Crown Crate season? Is it a rotation of certain collectibles? Can Crown Gems be used to buy specific collectibles in said season, or is that random as well?
    Crown Crates will have a "theme", if you will, that will be rotated out every few months or so - this is what we're referring to when referencing seasons. Each theme/season will contain a variety of collectibles including mounts, pets, costumes, etc., not just a single type of collectible. The Crown Gems can be used to buy any collectible offered in a Crown Crate. At the end of a season, items will be rotated out, but the Gems will carry over so you won't lose any. Hope that helps!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    This is a massive frustration point for me. I have been advocating for something like One Tamriel since about a month into playing this game. Now that its coming they decided to toss in Gambling Boxes that appear to contain cosmetics that will only be attainable through buying large quantities of Gambling Boxes. (see Neverwinter)

My overwhelming excitement for Update 12 turned to ashes in my mouth.

This game isn't just some stand alone MMO. This is an Elder Scrolls MMO! It should be a step above the petty gambling carp you see in F2P games...

Well put, this is exactly how I feel. One Tamriel is the game I always wanted to play, now I just have to walk through a scummy casino with mouth-breathing pit bosses and vacant-eyed waitresses every time I want to play.

Why don't we get Arnold Schwarzenegger to do some low-production-value mobile ads while we're at it?
    Interesting analogy. Keep in mind we won't be doing any in-your-face advertising of Crown Crates while you're playing; it will generally be the same as what we currently do with the Crown Store. There will be an icon that you click on, and you decide when you want to open the UI.

And don't hate on Arnold, he's awesome!

No hate for the Governator specifically, I was alluding to the endorsements he does for boring, pay-to-win mobile cash shops that have menu-driven games hastily tacked on to them.

kpioMMj.jpg

I love this game and I have a lot of respect for the team that has built such an expansive and detailed world, but the thought of it turning into something like the above turns my stomach. My casino analogy alludes to the first time I log in and see the crown store advertisement with one of the lockbox-exclusive items prominently displayed. That's when it's going to start feeling dirty, and that's why I hope you guys come to your senses and keep the exclusive stuff out of the lockboxes.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion