Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Gamescom 2016 Recap: Update 12 & One Tamriel"

• michaelarryn
    michaelarryn
    ✭✭✭
    Great update ahead! I look forward to completing the Craglorn content I never had a reason to touch before (I has always been a lowbie zone for me)! This also gives incentive for newer players to dive in too.

At first, I did not understand the issue of the lockbox controversy, but reading the comments I see how ZoS could possibly improve on this idea. Alternate ways to open maybe a couple a day without spending crowns wouldn't be such a terrible idea since there are players that Sub, some players that buy your DLCs every quarter, and some still like myself who purchase DLCs AND pay subscription every month.

I have faith that the company will do the right thing, they haven't disappointed me yet! (Well the cash shop at least) And I think you guys should put more faith in the company too rather than threaten to leave and make up these horrible assumptions and accusations of the future patch without a PTS actually out yet.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, about the conflicting storyline, I'll keep my headcanon that it is all akin to a Spinner's story out of your faction, and you can just move in and out of it at will because you are the (or better yet "a") Vestige. People in other factions remember me like if I did the things, but I didn't actually do the things, like a Spinner's story. Because, if I had done the things, I would have done the things already with my soul back. But some quests on vet areas still point out that the Vestige is without a soul. Therefore, all three stories must happen at the same time. I think it is a good explanation, I just wish there was a line included in the game to say that it is so. The Prophet could say it.

I won't talk much about the Crown Crates, I think I already expressed my distaste enough times. Just a suggestion: Let players trade unwanted non-repeated items for Crown Gems too. I think this is a change that could make many people feel less cheated by it all. Maybe make it a pop-up: "You just found Breton Hero Costume! Do you want to redeem it or do you want to trade it for X Crown Gems?" and put a "I want the costume" and a "I want the Crown Gems" buttons.
    Edited by Abeille on August 24, 2016 5:00PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One Tamriel still a terrible idea. Allowing people to just jump to any content is just not how MMOs/RPGs really work.

Also when you are trying to have warring factions one second you are group with a person next you're trying to destroy each other. I get Guilds, and Friends lists, but for just any random person out there is lame. How are the guards of cities going to react? Can Aldmeri just walk into Ebonheart, or will they have to raise their faction through quests or killing mobs like in Everquest. You can't say oh look at the huge war then just let people of other factions walk in and out of enemy cities....

I grant that from an RP perspective grouping/exploring cross-faction is a stretch of sorts (although we have any race any faction already). Some in every war will cross lines I guess?

The advantages gained in terms of leveling content in all areas will far outweigh the cross-faction issues. The ability to play with a noob in any area and for it to be viable, and the bonus of having old abandoned quests loot level makes it worth the change.

• Saltypretzels
    Saltypretzels
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that each player should get a free crate a day. A login bonus if you will.
    Edited by Saltypretzels on August 24, 2016 5:34PM
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadowolfs wrote: »
    So there is no new DLC coming this Q4, just improvements of base game.

This is great news!!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now we know why they've been removing items from the Crown Store, even ones that had been introduced in the same month. It seemed like a lot of the costumes that would be popular and ones that were more expensive were the ones being removed (Dragon Priest, Toxin Doctor, etc.). I thought that perhaps the ones being removed were not playing well with the new costume dye system, but it would seem it was to add more items for their loot crates.

I am NOT a fan of this turn for the Crown Store. It's one thing to give people a chance at previously available items, but if they are going to introduce premium items that can only be obtained by gambling, it just makes it that much worse. Yes, I know I don't have to buy them, and I won't, but there are people out there who will waste a LOT of money trying to get that one rare item they want. There are people who suffer from gambling addiction, and it's sad to think that ESO may help to enable them.

The gem system will help to alleviate some of that, and makes the system appear to be more palatable, but all in all I consider it a distasteful system designed to encourage people to WASTE money trying to get what they want and ending up with a bunch of junk they don't want. Just let people purchase exactly what they want for the prices you've already established.

EDIT: It's sad to think that there will be new items introduced that I won't be able to just purchase, but will rather have to gamble if I want them, which I won't be doing. I'm glad I purchased the items I really wanted when they were removed from the Crown Store, as I'm assuming all of these will end up in a gambling crate.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 24, 2016 5:53PM
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Fecius wrote: »
    No DLC? That's kinda sad. :(

They are completely revamping the game, completely revamped Craglorn... for many of us players, Craglorn will be the equivalent of a new DLC.

Yep and they apparently are including veteran versions of the 8 original dungeons that until now have not had them. Should be an additional 8 skill points for the vet quests for them if they follow previous pattern.

I believe this brings the total of 4 mans available to 20 normal and 20 veteran which seems like a nice "non-DLC" addition.

Me like.

EDIT: Oh... I kinda disapprove of the concept of unique items linked to crown based gambling boxes and won't purchase any mainly because I know once I started I would blow every 6 month Subscription supply on them... and them some. :)
    Edited by Stonesthrow on August 24, 2016 6:11PM
  • Andairean
    Andairean
    ✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    One Tamriel still a terrible idea. Allowing people to just jump to any content is just not how MMOs/RPGs really work.
    Ultima Online, the first major MMO (discounting Meridian) worked like this. Any and all areas were accessible, though some areas were far, far more dangerous than others. UO was a skill-based MMO and it worked well. It can work just as well for ESO.

not to mention if you go running into a level 50 zone at 10, you really wont have access to many abilities, witch could make taking on the level 50s a bit more of a challenge. because only your level gets bumped.

I think it is a great idea, considering we all have friends with different schedules, life, etc...this to me just seems like it will help in so many ways for the community
  • Andairean
    Andairean
    ✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    This is a massive frustration point for me. I have been advocating for something like One Tamriel since about a month into playing this game. Now that its coming they decided to toss in Gambling Boxes that appear to contain cosmetics that will only be attainable through buying large quantities of Gambling Boxes. (see Neverwinter)

My overwhelming excitement for Update 12 turned to ashes in my mouth.

I've purchased every cosmetic offered in the Crown Store, every - single - one. Including a sub that has never lapsed and I have outright bought every DLC.

Apparently that's not generating enough revenue so... Introducing a tacky gambling system!

This game isn't just some stand alone MMO. This is an Elder Scrolls MMO! It should be a step above the petty gambling carp you see in F2P games...

its not like its required, and if someone has the $$ to buy them, well that just supports Zeni keeping this game alive, its not going to effect game play or the way any one else plays its just another option for players. and honestly we all like to gamble a little bit, i got some Crowns saved up and i mite just buy a few for the fun of it, and if i dont get anything epic well that was MY gamble :)
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great update ahead! I look forward to completing the Craglorn content I never had a reason to touch before (I has always been a lowbie zone for me)! This also gives incentive for newer players to dive in too.

At first, I did not understand the issue of the lockbox controversy, but reading the comments I see how ZoS could possibly improve on this idea. Alternate ways to open maybe a couple a day without spending crowns wouldn't be such a terrible idea since there are players that Sub, some players that buy your DLCs every quarter, and some still like myself who purchase DLCs AND pay subscription every month.

I have faith that the company will do the right thing, they haven't disappointed me yet! (Well the cash shop at least) And I think you guys should put more faith in the company too rather than threaten to leave and make up these horrible assumptions and accusations of the future patch without a PTS actually out yet.

Perhaps because many of us have been around to see broken promise after broken promise, seen unexplained changes to the game, seen "we listen to feedback" only to have all feedback completely ignored on PTS, and we've seen countless "we've fixed this" only to have it broken with the next update. So clearly, you're new to the game because if you have been around as long as many of us, you'd see why it is so difficult to remain optimistic after so many countless letdowns.
    CP: 1920 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is that there's no way to "do the right thing" when it comes to gambling boxes. "The right thing" is not to offer them in the first place and to stick to their previous cash shop model. That's because the only way to do right by your clients is to give them an honest price for a good and let them decide if they want to buy it or not. With the gambling boxes, there's no honest price. There's no maximum bid where you will be guaranteed to get the items you want. It's the ultimate dishonesty.

I have faith that they'll still come out with great DLC, great new systems, etc. (the content team is absolutely amazing) but I have completely lost faith that they'll keep providing quality items in the Crown Store, which is kind of a big deal to me since the only way I can support the game beyond my ESO+ subscription is by purchasing Crown Store items I like. Can't do that with gambling boxes!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    Ok, about the conflicting storyline, I'll keep my headcanon that it is all akin to a Spinner's story out of your faction, and you can just move in and out of it at will because you are the (or better yet "a") Vestige. People in other factions remember me like if I did the things, but I didn't actually do the things, like a Spinner's story. Because, if I had done the things, I would have done the things already with my soul back. But some quests on vet areas still point out that the Vestige is without a soul. Therefore, all three stories must happen at the same time. I think it is a good explanation, I just wish there was a line included in the game to say that it is so. The Prophet could say it.
    Hey, it's @Abeille's Spinner theory again! This is the most lore-friendly way to do it, I think. I hope the new "Cadwell quest storylines" aren't just dropped on you without explanation, and something Spinner-esque gets around the alternate timeline issue because events that occur in a Spinner's story affect the world and are remembered, even if they don't happen in the primary timeline.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Aidantwab16_ESO
    Aidantwab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Was really excited to read that article until I saw the joker boxes.

So what is the new game Zenimax is working on, now that ESO has been shifted to a skeleton crew to turn joker box content?

At least One Tamriel made it in before Eso got put in the fridge.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was really excited to read that article until I saw the joker boxes.

So what is the new game Zenimax is working on, now that ESO has been shifted to a skeleton crew to turn joker box content?

At least One Tamriel made it in before Eso got put in the fridge.

Actually there is indeed a new game... Just yesterday I got an email from mailer.elderscrollsonline.com announcing "Dishonored 2" -- I immediately marked it as spam as it was not about Elder Scrolls Online and was rather unhappy to have been spammed about a different game to the email address I registered ESO with.
    Edited by Tevalaur on August 24, 2016 11:20PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

Yep. That is correct.

Well, I will certainly keep popping on here, but no new DLC allows me to play FF XV when it comes out. So, yay to that.

No that isnt correct. This is an update for Q3. the update after, Q4, would come in November or December.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

Yep. That is correct.

Well, I will certainly keep popping on here, but no new DLC allows me to play FF XV when it comes out. So, yay to that.

No that isnt correct. This is an update for Q3. the update after, Q4, would come in November or December.

Nope. This is it for 2016.

Update 11 / Hist was the 3rd Quarter update
    Update 12 / One Tamriel is the 4th Quarter update
    Update 13 / Housing is the 1st Quarter 2017 update
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Hey, it's @Abeille's Spinner theory again! This is the most lore-friendly way to do it, I think. I hope the new "Cadwell quest storylines" aren't just dropped on you without explanation, and something Spinner-esque gets around the alternate timeline issue because events that occur in a Spinner's story affect the world and are remembered, even if they don't happen in the primary timeline.

I'll never give up on my theory B)

Whenever in doubt, look up to the Bosmer for an answer. Need an explanation for a conflicting story without using Dragon Breaks as an excuse? Spinners. Want your neighbor to marry you but they hate you for stealing their gold? Marriage proposal by Right of Theft. Need to get rid of that annoying bard you just killed? Meat mandate.

Everything is so much better when you are a Bosmer.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, if you carry through with this and allow "Limited time" items to be obtainable again, I will lose all faith in you....
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Paparoski
    Paparoski
    ✭✭
    At least now we know why the suddenly started removing costumes and items in large quantities from the crown store (even on the same month they were released). The game is great, but this cannot continue. I consider myself a collector and I am not one to care about having limited edition items in the crown store. If you want to buy them, buy them, otherwise don't. These cosmetic items will not affect your stats in any way shape or form. Furthermore, if they want to add "crown crates" allowing fellow collectors who were absent or simply did not have a chance to get "x" item from the crown store get it now does not seem a bad idea. As said in the aforementioned posts, the big problems start to arise when they add "crate only" (even worse if they shuffle through these items making them unobtainable in one crate but re-adding them in the second one in addition to even more exclusive stuff). These mechanics belong to a free to play game, not a buy to play/sub fee game like Elder Scrolls Online... This is frankly a straight up insult to the people who have supported the game through buying all the limited edition items in the crown store.
    I seriously hope they see the feedback and get back to their initial decision if this was truly their intentions as well as any other similar business practices they might have in mind.

Anyway best of luck to us all ! May Talos protect us from unfair rng cash grabbing loot boxes.
    "When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives." – Eddard Stark
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, if you carry through with this and allow "Limited time" items to be obtainable again, I will lose all faith in you....
    They've always said that limited time items may be available for similar limited periods again in the future.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Kuningatar
    Kuningatar
    ✭✭✭
    CROWN CRATES

Toward the end of November, we'll be giving you a chance to receive some very special items with the introduction of Crown Crates. These Crates, available in the Crown Store for just 400 crowns, will contain a randomized selection of useful consumables, and offer a chance to obtain rare and unique cosmetic items or mounts, including some previously-retired mounts, costumes, pets, and limited-time offers that are no longer available in the Crown Store. Crates will have different themes throughout the year, giving you the chance to obtain new, extremely rare items.

In the event you receive a mount, pet, costume or personality that you already own, you'll be awarded special Crown Gems in its place. These Gems can be used to purchase other collectible items from the current Crown Crate season that you'd prefer to have instead.

Gods no, why does every game have to go down the route of the lockbox? And with how this is worded, there will be 'Crown Crate' specific items that you can ONLY get from gambling on Crown Crates.

This is the EXACT reason I hate Cryptic games so much (Neverwinter, Star Trek Online, Champions Online, etc) - The gambling box thing is CRAP and this is an awful idea. I doubt you asked the community here if they even wanted this because if you did you would get an overwhelming NO.

That much is clear from how many people are against it in the thread here. Take a hint @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - in fact its not even a hint, its a scream of disapproval; PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THIS
    Edited by Kuningatar on August 25, 2016 6:13PM
    Joskus menee perkeleen huonosti, mutta minä en anna periksi!
  • asuitandtyb14_ESO
    asuitandtyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So will this update remove the heavy phasing that is in the game? Such as when I have completed a quest but my friend hasn't, so I can't go back and help them, or even see them. Because I am not coming back to this game until that is removed.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've always said that limited time items may be available for similar limited periods again in the future.

Yeah, Limited Time items need to return to the store periodically. I would prefer that they simply make a limited appearance, vs being shoved in the RNG bag.
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any possibility of getting the title picture of this newspost in a higher resolution? Looks gorgeous!
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • gurneyhalleck00
    So when will Zenimax let own all DLC by being a ESO Plus member once you reach a certain time of length as a ESO Plus member. I have had membership for enough months that i'd easily been able to pay for the DLC but if you cancel membership you can no longer access DLC...kind of a rip off IMO
    The future is an illusion
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when will Zenimax let own all DLC by being a ESO Plus member once you reach a certain time of length as a ESO Plus member. I have had membership for enough months that i'd easily been able to pay for the DLC but if you cancel membership you can no longer access DLC...kind of a rip off IMO

Soon™, with an additional purchase*

* 5500 Crowns
  • FLambda
    FLambda
    ✭✭✭
    Every zone has been modified to add world bosses and ensure a mixture of content for solo and group play is available, and all of our dungeons now offer both Normal and Veteran modes, so there will always be something for you, no matter what your play style might be!
    Yes! More open world bosses!
    If you already own ESO, we'll be offering the Guilds and Glory DLC bundle in the in-game Crown Store so you can purchase these DLC game packs at just 5500 crowns.
    Wow... that's like... half the current price! You'd just need to buy the biggest $39.99 Crown pack!
    I'll never give up on my theory B)

Whenever in doubt, look up to the Bosmer for an answer. Need an explanation for a conflicting story without using Dragon Breaks as an excuse? Spinners. Want your neighbor to marry you but they hate you for stealing their gold? Marriage proposal by Right of Theft. Need to get rid of that annoying bard you just killed? Meat mandate.

Everything is so much better when you are a Bosmer.
    The spinner explanation is a very good one; just look at "The Witch of Silitar" for an example of how a spinner's tale can be so real. And that last line... being a Bosmer is indeed awesome!
    Edited by FLambda on August 26, 2016 6:04AM
    Remember: there's no such thing as the Universal Standard of Descriptional Qualifications and Metrics.

The Wisdom of M'aiq the Liar:
    • You wish to become a lich? It's very easy, my friend. Simply find the heart of a lich, combine it with the tongue of a dragon, and cook it with the flesh of a well-ridden horse. This combination is certain to make you undead.
    • M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given that they are about to be releasing a DLC bundle for a lower price, it is very unlikely that they will suddenly decide to give them for free.
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to weapon ultimates as there hasn't been any new active skills added to the game since launch, if I recall correctly. The changes to Craglorn are very welcome as the only thing I ever completed in that zone are the introductory quest and Sanctum Ophidia.

To the admins, will there ever be racial ultimates? I heard there were ones in the original game beta, but they were pulled before final release.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    argouru wrote: »
    Really looking forward to weapon ultimates as there hasn't been any new active skills added to the game since launch, if I recall correctly. The changes to Craglorn are very welcome as the only thing I ever completed in that zone are the introductory quest and Sanctum Ophidia.

To the admins, will there ever be racial ultimates? I heard there were ones in the original game beta, but they were pulled before final release.

I read someone talking about weapon ultimates on the forums? Are they going to be introduced?

Source and more info pls :)!