Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Gamescom 2016 Recap: Update 12 & One Tamriel"

• mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't really care for any of this. We still have bugs in this game that have existed from launch and that have never been fixed, by far the biggest turn off is stuff that doesn't work so instead the zennimax approach, as per usual, is to sprinkle some more hundreds of thousands on a now stale cake; it's in my mind just the wrong way to do things.
  • PapaSlatch
    PapaSlatch
    ✭✭
    I'm indifferent to a lot of the stuff coming up. I do have one major point of disgust. 17 new monster sets sounds nice on paper, but what comes along with it is that one thing I hate most in this game is going to get worse. The rng for the shoulder out of those chest with these added sets will make it virtually impossible to get the piece that you want. It's been a year since IC came out and I have yet to get any divines Kena shoulders. I may as well give up any hope I have left of getting them, now. Not to mention any other set I might want.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Has anything changed in the rng for the undaunted key chests?
    Edited by PapaSlatch on August 26, 2016 8:24PM
    Morgan LeFey - V16 Sorc - AD
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PapaSlatch wrote: »
    I'm indifferent to a lot of the stuff coming up. I do have one major point of disgust. 17 new monster sets sounds nice on paper, but what comes along with it is that one thing I hate most in this game is going to get worse. The rng for the shoulder out of those chest with these added sets will make it virtually impossible to get the piece that you want. It's been a year since IC came out and I have yet to get any divines Kena shoulders. I may as well give up any hope I have left of getting them, now. Not to mention any other set I might want.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Has anything changed in the rng for the undaunted key chests?

If I recall, sets are specifix to dungeons, so you have to be in a specific place to get specific sets.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • PapaSlatch
    PapaSlatch
    ✭✭
    @lordrichter the helmets for these sets are, indeed, tied to specific dungeons. However, the shoulders are only obtainable from the chests at the undaunted enclave. To open said chests, you have to complete a daily pledge to obtain a key. When you open the chest you will receive a shoulder from a random set, in a random armor type, and in a random trait. Currently, there are 10 monster sets, 3 armor types, and 8 possible trait drops. So if you're looking for a specific piece, that gives you a 1 in 240 chance to get it. With the addition of 17 new monster sets, that put your odds down at a 1 in 648 chance. I don't know about you, but I don't like those odds.
    Morgan LeFey - V16 Sorc - AD
  • LegendaryArcher
    LegendaryArcher
    ✭✭✭✭
    The RNG Gods haven't granted me an Inferno Staff in 251 vMA runs. Many people haven't gotten their desired weapon in 1000+ runs.

RNG boxes for real money. Sure. [/sarcasm]
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates
  • mitchtheelder
    mitchtheelder
    ✭✭✭
    This is great news. Finally pvp training with the guys from my own guild and faction. Hope this will be possible. I am buying all 4 dlc packs for just 5.5 k crowns. Also finally a reason to play vet dungeons not normal randoms anymore for some good rewards. Hope some lags and bugs will be fixed too :-). New monster sets is cool idea, so many builds can be made but tou need to balance them. You can make 100 new sets if only 3-4 are good ones than dont bother.
    Cya in Tamriel
    AD
    Orc Nightblade - Manndingo
    BretonTemplar - M Mike Adriano
    Nord Dragonknight - Ser-Gregor Clegane
    High elf Sorcerer - Grand Maester Mitch
    Dark elf Nightblade - Gilbert Arenas
    Redguard Dragonknight - Half Man Half Amazing
    Redguard Sorcerer - Uncle Drew
    High Elf Dragonknight - Devon Larrat
    Imperial Warden - Sandor Clegane M
    Nord Necromancer - Tormund Husband to Bears
    High Elf Necromancer - Ana Maria della Salute
    High Elf - Warden - Samuel F Jackson
    Argonian - Templar - Kraken Reptile
    DC
    Argonian Warden - Gustavo Giviria Rivero
    High elf Sorcerer - Jackie Kennedy
    Orc Necromancer - Lucifer Blackstar
    EP
    Redguard Templar - MItch Buchanon
    1250cp
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Immortal Redeemer
    Gryphon Heart
    Flawless Conqueror
    God Slayer
  • mitchtheelder
    mitchtheelder
    ✭✭✭
    One advice for free. Can tou make global economy like swtor has. Guilds are ok but hiring guild merchants and stuff not good idea at least this is my opinion. I reall dont want to lose so much time searching the stuff i need in rawkia, grahtwood, mornhold than weyrest than go to craglorn etc. Put global economy merchants in the main city and put all items there. Easier if you ask me I hope somebody agree with me. No more you need to sell to stay in the guild. Let people make friendships and enjoy raids and whole game together. Since trials got nerfed its a mess with how many items are there so its very time consuming to find the cheapest one :-). Am not a big spender obiously. Jut an idea. Who knows after reading this someone gets another one.
    AD
    DC
    EP
    1250cp
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Immortal Redeemer
    Gryphon Heart
    Flawless Conqueror
    God Slayer
  • NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭
    https://signatur.eso-database.com/17868970/signatur.jpg
    ESO-Database provides statistics for Elder Scrolls Online characters and guilds. This information is collected by the ESO-Database Client and ESO Database AddOn https://www.eso-database.com/en/ Huge thanks to @Keldor for this amazing add-on
  • chjumaliev
    Dear ZoS team

I want to know, do you take into account the interests of your customers, and opinions of customers reflected on company policy, or you do not care about opinion of your customers.

About Random gambling boxes...https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/286094/what-do-you-think-of-crown-store-random-boxes-lottery-box/p1
    Edited by chjumaliev on August 27, 2016 10:04PM
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Regarding lockboxes.. we should be able to either sell back the reward for gems or unlock it and use it however we like so that it doesnt become 100% gambling. Although that would mean limited time cosmetics would be less valuable but then Zenimax can adjust the gem price for those items to their liking. Just an idea I had ,open for discussion
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Macomatic
    Macomatic
    Soul Shriven
    I am unaware if this was answered, but how does "One Tamriel" affect Cadwells Silver/Gold?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Macomatic wrote: »
    I am unaware if this was answered, but how does "One Tamriel" affect Cadwells Silver/Gold?
    @Macomatic From Matt Firor's Message from BE3:

“Silver" and “gold" versions of zones will be replaced by Cadwell quest storylines that you can do in any order you wish.

We don't yet really know what that means, except that people who are playing the 'new' versions of Cadwell will be doing so alongside people who are playing what was previously the 1-50 content, instead of in separate zone instances.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • mitchtheelder
    mitchtheelder
    ✭✭✭
    When exactly will this gold and guildy pack for 5.5k crowns be avaliable in crown store?
    AD
    DC
    EP
    1250cp
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Immortal Redeemer
    Gryphon Heart
    Flawless Conqueror
    God Slayer
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When exactly will this gold and guildy pack for 5.5k crowns be avaliable in crown store?
    Should be sometime around 9th September, as that's when the retail Gold Edition goes on sale.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • lnxrwb17_ESO
    lnxrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    One Tamriel is a bad idea unless area main questlines still need to be unlocked in their current order.
    MMORPG is still RPG. If a new player randomly picks areas, the whole story line he/she experiences would be a huge pile of mess.
    Raka-loah, from China. Currently the one and only member of Planetary Lizard Alliance(NA).

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One Tamriel is a bad idea unless area main questlines still need to be unlocked in their current order.
    MMORPG is still RPG. If a new player randomly picks areas, the whole story line he/she experiences would be a huge pile of mess.

Well, the way it is now, the main quest line and Mage Guild quest line are "play the game, we will summon you when you are needed" style. No problems with free-range characters.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    "High-level players will even be able to group with friends who are new to ESO; anyone below Champion 160 will scale so everyone can adventure together."

It sounds like all zones will be CP160...

"If you prefer to adventure alone, that's ok too."

Not for new, less skilled, or disabled players, if they leave the Wailing Prison and find themselves in a CP150/160 battle-levelled zone.

I'd understand if they scaled up to the current max level for a zone, like Auridon 15, and Coldharbour 50, that would work.

But if they scale like I suggested they might well do so above, it will be too punishing by far.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Should be sometime around 9th September, as that's when the retail Gold Edition goes on sale.

Yep, that's correct!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Mightylink
    Mightylink
    ✭✭✭
    This update sounds good, I really like that this game is more like the Elder Scrolls games and not just a WoW clone, I really like that they pushed first person and learning all skills and doing everything and going anywhere in any order, that's what I really love about TES games.
    Edited by Mightylink on August 29, 2016 8:21PM
    Mightylink - Nord Battlemage (Sorcerer)
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "High-level players will even be able to group with friends who are new to ESO; anyone below Champion 160 will scale so everyone can adventure together."

Not for new, less skilled, or disabled players, if they leave the Wailing Prison and find themselves in a CP150/160 battle-levelled zone.

I'd understand if they scaled up to the current max level for a zone, like Auridon 15, and Coldharbour 50, that would work.

But if they scale like I suggested they might well do so above, it will be too punishing by far.

They have already stated they are scaling ALL zones exactly like Orsinium. This is not up for negotiation with ZOS, this is how it's being done.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

They have already stated they are scaling ALL zones exactly like Orsinium. This is not up for negotiation with ZOS, this is how it's being done.

If you imagined I was hoping to negotiate with ZOS...and where have they stated all zones will be CP160? I must've missed that, and I've read all the blogs that even contain "One Tamriel".

Of course ZOS will do whatever they do, but what I want to know is, and it's not unreasonable to ask, will it make combat at all character levels easier for people, or harder? Regardless of how long you've played, what quality of gear you have, or how many CPs, if any, you have. Clearly, I have myself in mind when I ask this, but also anyone who isn't "at one" with the game, one of these types being new players.

It also seems like solo players like myself will get a really raw deal when the scaling comes down, but I'm really hoping ZOS will actually make things solo-friendly with this scaling. 10 uppercuts to kill one standard enemy should not even be a thing, and I really hope that although it's been very much like that for me in DLC zones, One Tamriel makes things more solo- as well as group-friendly.
    Edited by sentientomega on August 30, 2016 12:30AM
  • MrBrandon
    MrBrandon
    ✭✭✭
    Please add an onscreen cool down bar.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the way it is now, the main quest line and Mage Guild quest line are "play the game, we will summon you when you are needed" style. No problems with free-range characters.
    Free-range characters will have a problem if they go to, say, Reaper's March or Malabal Tor before Greenshade though, or Greenshade before Grahtwood. The story in those zones references events in the previous zones, so you'll end up putting down Naemon's ghost before he's killed, or helping the Silvenar marry the Green Lady before Indaenir even becomes the Silvenar, or rescuing Mane Akkhuz-ri from undead after he's been corrupted and replaced by a Lunar Champion. (All of those things are technically possible now, but the zone levelling implies an order to it that will be lost with One Tamriel.)

Edited by Enodoc on August 30, 2016 8:37PM
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    If people remember the original order of the zones, they can still do the quests in that order. I may well do so myself...
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people remember the original order of the zones, they can still do the quests in that order. I may well do so myself...
    Yeah but that doesn't help new players who don't know what the intended order of the zones is. ZOS needs to implement something that says what the intended order is.
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    They could release a blog for One Tamriel that included recommended story order for the zones, as well as a help article ingame.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Yeah but that doesn't help new players who don't know what the intended order of the zones is. ZOS needs to implement something that says what the intended order is.

The quests givers for the main faction quests simply shouldn't appear if you didn't complete the previous step. Just like guild and Harborage quests work.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    You know? I kind of wish that was precisely how things did work, at least I'd know if I missed one or not.

Unfortunately it's not, because I once finished Vulkhel Guard missions, and then realised I'd missed out on the Khenarthi quests, I deleted that character and remade them, and undertook the quests in the zone order.
    Edited by sentientomega on August 31, 2016 3:26PM
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know? I kind of wish that was precisely how things did work, at least I'd know if I missed one or not.

Unfortunately it's not, because I once finished Vulkhel Guard missions, and then realised I'd missed out on the Khenarthi quests, I deleted that character and remade them, and undertook the quests in the zone order.

Oh yes, it should be like that since ever. And on my first character, that's how I thought it worked. Because it just made sense right?
    But alas, it is not how it works. On my first character, I got frustrated because I was having trouble with General Endare in Grahtwood, and since I stumbled on the door to Greenshade I decided to go there for a bit and check it out. Did a quest right there in Marbruk that I thought was unrelated to the main plot (I mean, someone wanted to show me the Staff of Magnus so I was like "Hell yes of course I wanna see the Staff of Magnus"), and got a huge spoiler regarding the end of Grahtwood's main quest :/
    Edited by Abeille on August 31, 2016 3:51PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

Oh yes, it should be like that since ever. And on my first character, that's how I thought it worked. Because it just made sense right?
    But alas, it is not how it works. On my first character, I got frustrated because I was having trouble with General Endare in Grahtwood, and since I stumbled on the door to Greenshade I decided to go there for a bit and check it out. Did a quest right there in Marbruk that I thought was unrelated to the main plot (I mean, someone wanted to show me the Staff of Magnus so I was like "Hell yes of course I wanna see the Staff of Magnus"), and got a huge spoiler regarding the end of Grahtwood's main quest :/
    AD is definitely the worst for linking zones together like that. But on the other hand, it makes the zones feel like they're all part of a greater whole. You could almost get away with doing DC zones in any order, but AD is full of spoilers if you try it there.