Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Gamescom 2016 Recap: Update 12 & One Tamriel"

•  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here come the drama queens, oh boy
    Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
    Twitch: Pandalius
    Beam: Pandalius
    Twitter: Pandalius
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    Legoless wrote: »
    nimander99 wrote: »
    I've purchased every cosmetic offered in the Crown Store, every - single - one.
    You shouldn't have too much of a problem accruing the Crown Gems needed to get the new mounts then, assuming they'll be available in that manner. Non-whales who don't buy everything will have a much tougher time getting them and will end up filling their collection with all sorts of trash along the way.

Not to mention that it sounds like the only thing you're guaranteed from the boxes is a mix of consumables... So one out of every how many boxes will even have a mount/pet/costume even if it's not the one you actually want? Will the boxes be themed so that you know you're gambling for a mount vs a costume? (my guess is probably not)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ****Master Healer...****
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I would like a clarification of these Crown Gems that'll be in the Crown Crates if we already have the collectable. The recap wasn't very specific about what collectablez they can be used to buy with, as well as the Crown Crate season, whatever that is. What is the Crown Crate season? Is it a rotation of certain collectibles? Can Crown Gems be used to buy specific collectibles in said season, or is that random as well?
    Edited by WuffyCerulei on August 23, 2016 10:51PM
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theres 1 major concern i have re 'sets will scale to your level'

they say this about wrothgar sets, and yet i am forever receiving CR150 pieces despite being CR160, which makes getting the right piece in the right trait even harder

so when one tamriel drops will scale to you level mean scale to you level or not?
  • Kaizer
    Kaizer
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all for the strides in development and offerings for ESO but that Crown Crate feature is seriously pushing that patented consumer pinch you guys got going well past the mark.

Nothing can be done to preemptively stop it, I'm sure, but I can only hope my fellow peers convey their mutual disgust with their wallets.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But there is already gambling in the game.
    How many have bought/sold AP or Tel Var stone to people? You buy the Consumable Container, but still RNG to what is in it.
    But apples and oranges.. I agree, as long as it is just discontinued crowns items and not our "reward items", ok then.
    I won't be buying any. Even though,.......I really wish I had got the "Chef's Outfit"..lmao
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • voreo
    voreo
    ✭✭✭
    This is a massive frustration point for me. I have been advocating for something like One Tamriel since about a month into playing this game. Now that its coming they decided to toss in Gambling Boxes that appear to contain cosmetics that will only be attainable through buying large quantities of Gambling Boxes. (see Neverwinter)

My overwhelming excitement for Update 12 turned to ashes in my mouth.

I've purchased every cosmetic offered in the Crown Store, every - single - one. Including a sub that has never lapsed and I have outright bought every DLC.

Apparently that's not generating enough revenue so... Introducing a tacky gambling system!

This game isn't just some stand alone MMO. This is an Elder Scrolls MMO! It should be a step above the petty gambling carp you see in F2P games...

Entitled much?
    Argonian Dragonknight

~Rawr
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    You shouldn't have too much of a problem accruing the Crown Gems needed to get the new mounts then, assuming they'll be available in that manner. Non-whales who don't buy everything will have a much tougher time getting them and will end up filling their collection with all sorts of trash along the way.
    Yeah. The way it sounds is if you have the collectable you'll get Gems in return for it, and you can then outright purchase your desired item with the gems instead of continuing to gamble. So the system sounds like it's designed to reward people who missed out on older items without majorly punishing people who have purchased everything up until this point.

Okay, either I don't understand this system or you guys don't. <--Not meaning that to sound rude at all.

As I understand the gems, you have to actively buy the Gambling Boxes to get them. So I buy 10,000 crowns worth of boxes. Get a ton of gems and still haven't gotten lucky enough to get the unique box item ONLY available via the box... This requires me to participate in a gambling system that is tacky. And I will not ever buy a single gambling box on principle.

It sounds like you are saying that I can use the gems to cherry pick the unique item I want... Which I don't know where you got that idea from, I certainly didn't read that anywhere. What I read was you can use the gems to buy stuff that's already available in the CS... Not the unique items.
    In the event you receive a mount, pet, costume or personality that you already own, you'll be awarded special Crown Gems in its place. These Gems can be used to purchase other collectible items from the current Crown Crate season that you'd prefer to have instead.

Ok, if the above means that you can buy the very rare and unique items, then I guess my next question is, how many Crown Gems do I have to earn before I can buy one of these very unique items? Meaning did costumes just go from $10 to $20 dollars to $100 dollars worth of Gems...
    Edited by nimander99 on August 23, 2016 11:40PM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Yeah. The way it sounds is if you have the collectable you'll get Gems in return for it, and you can then outright purchase your desired item with the gems instead of continuing to gamble. So the system sounds like it's designed to reward people who missed out on older items without majorly punishing people who have purchased everything up until this point.

I refer you to Gina's Post here... you will NOT be able to purchase your desired item, you will only be able to choose an item from their 'special selection of items'. So in other words, they will allow you to pick from what THEY want you to be able to buy, but if you want a specific item from the lottery box, you have to keep buying them until the RNG god awards it.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How many have bought/sold AP or Tel Var stone to people? You buy the Consumable Container, but still RNG to what is in it.
    But apples and oranges.. I agree, as long as it is just discontinued crowns items and not our "reward items", ok then.
    I won't be buying any. Even though,.......I really wish I had got the "Chef's Outfit"..lmao
    Huzzah!

That is completely different. I spent in game time to earn TV Stones and bought boxes to get the skins. I didn't fork over cash for those boxes... It is different my friend.
    voreo wrote: »
    This is a massive frustration point for me. I have been advocating for something like One Tamriel since about a month into playing this game. Now that its coming they decided to toss in Gambling Boxes that appear to contain cosmetics that will only be attainable through buying large quantities of Gambling Boxes. (see Neverwinter)

I've purchased every cosmetic offered in the Crown Store, every - single - one. Including a sub that has never lapsed and I have outright bought every DLC.

Apparently that's not generating enough revenue so... Introducing a tacky gambling system!

This game isn't just some stand alone MMO. This is an Elder Scrolls MMO! It should be a step above the petty gambling carp you see in F2P games...

Entitled much?

No, not entitled. I am against real money gambling in MMO's. If that is your definition of entitlement then fine, per your definition I'm entitled.

Here's what I believe. I believe in a fair exchange of goods. In and equitable business. It is good business to put a price on an item which the majority of the community finds fair and buys your product.

Gambling is an entirely separate business which preys on human weakness and leaches not only all their money, but many times leads to those people stealing and engaging in other nefarious activities to continue their habit.

So yeah, I'm entitled. I expected an MMO that lives up to the standards of the Elder Scrolls Universe... Not a Korean MMO wannabe designed to drain your bank account.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭
    No DLC? That's kinda sad. :(
    - Looking for Progress PvE Guild!
    - Ex Ætherius Eight / Ætherius Raid PC EU
    - World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8 at January 21, 2015)

- PvE Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer
    - YouTube

- Under sun and sky Outlander, we greet you warmly!
    - Под этим Солнцем и небом мы тепло приветствуем тебя!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fecius wrote: »
    No DLC? That's kinda sad. :(

They are completely revamping the game, completely revamped Craglorn... for many of us players, Craglorn will be the equivalent of a new DLC.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huzzah!

In-game rewards are an entirely different thing from gambling with real money. While an RNG loot system isn't perfect, you at least are believed to be having fun completing the content. I mean why else would you be playing? Gambling with Tel Var stones or AP or even just boss loot drop chances are simply part of the character progression/itemization portion of the game, which can largely be accomplished through multiple avenues with rare exception (like Maelstrom Arena rewards). It is in any case not the only thing you can do to have fun in the game, for most people.

Gambling with real money on cosmetic items, however, is completely out of left field and was never a requested or desired service. We've been paying for cosmetic items like normal people for fixed prices, not gambling for a chance at winning cosmetic items in a mathematically untenable way. Just look at your "Chef's Outfit" example. Wouldn't you rather just, you know, BUY it, instead of gambling on dozens of boxes and never having a guarantee of obtaining it? Is gambling really a service you want, especially compared to the alternatives?
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One Tamriel still a terrible idea. Allowing people to just jump to any content is just not how MMOs/RPGs really work.

Also when you are trying to have warring factions one second you are group with a person next you're trying to destroy each other. I get Guilds, and Friends lists, but for just any random person out there is lame. How are the guards of cities going to react? Can Aldmeri just walk into Ebonheart, or will they have to raise their faction through quests or killing mobs like in Everquest. You can't say oh look at the huge war then just let people of other factions walk in and out of enemy cities....

Hmmm.....If im in the USA and you are in Russia and we are at war....I can fly to Russia or take a boat there......I wont be stopped by guards unless I break the law.........

Right?

ok.

If you believe that is completely true then you do not live in the real world. You would be most likely not be allowed in the country and maybe put in jail, if you weren't (like if you had some strong connections there), you would be followed and monitored very, very closely as a potential spy.

Now on the game side,

If a Khajiit from say Daggerfall Covenant, who fights for DC (or EP warrior) tried to go back to Elsweyr, more than likely you would be labeled a Renrij (Landless Scum), thrown in jail and would be more than likely, summarily executed for crimes against the people and for defying the Mane.

Suffice to say, any Non Dominion Khajiit that was found fighting for the enemy could never go home (to Elsweyr) again and if they did they would be killed if found out.

Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One Tamriel still a terrible idea. Allowing people to just jump to any content is just not how MMOs/RPGs really work.

Also when you are trying to have warring factions one second you are group with a person next you're trying to destroy each other. I get Guilds, and Friends lists, but for just any random person out there is lame. How are the guards of cities going to react? Can Aldmeri just walk into Ebonheart, or will they have to raise their faction through quests or killing mobs like in Everquest. You can't say oh look at the huge war then just let people of other factions walk in and out of enemy cities....

Hmmm.....If im in the USA and you are in Russia and we are at war....I can fly to Russia or take a boat there......I wont be stopped by guards unless I break the law.........

Right?

ok.

If you believe that is completely true then you do not live in the real world. You would be most likely not be allowed in the country and maybe put in jail, if you weren't (like if you had some strong connections there), you would be followed and monitored very, very closely as a potential spy.

Now on the game side,

If a Khajiit from say Daggerfall Covenant, who fights for DC (or EP warrior) tried to go back to Elsweyr, more than likely you would be labeled a Renrij (Landless Scum), thrown in jail and would be more than likely, summarily executed for crimes against the people and for defying the Mane.

Suffice to say, any Non Dominion Khajiit that was found fighting for the enemy could never go home (to Elsweyr) again and if they did they would be killed if found out.

The problem with your analogy is that... they are not going to be 'found fighting'... players will simply arrive as just another traveler, nobody will know anything about where they've been fighting or for whom. You act like nobody in ancient Tamriel traveled around and yet, playing Cadwell's Silver/Gold, we find all different races in all different zones... mostly traveling merchants, etc... but they are still there.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

Right?

ok.

Now on the game side,

The problem with your analogy is that... they are not going to be 'found fighting'... players will simply arrive as just another traveler, nobody will know anything about where they've been fighting or for whom. You act like nobody in ancient Tamriel traveled around and yet, playing Cadwell's Silver/Gold, we find all different races in all different zones... mostly traveling merchants, etc... but they are still there.

and if say a AD Khajiit warrior came back from the war in Cyrodiil to like Rawl'Kha and saw a enemy he recognized (DC or EP) he would call the guards and have them arrested and so forth, this would happen on the other side as well in EP/DC territories for opposing enemies.

(let me state personally that I am not against Tamriel One happening, it's just that it doesn't make sense if you took it seriously, especially with a war going on in Cyrodiil......)
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right?

ok.

Now on the game side,

and if say a AD Khajiit warrior came back from the war in Cyrodiil to like Rawl'Kha and saw a enemy he recognized (DC or EP) he would call the guards and have them arrested and so forth, this would happen on the other side as well in EP/DC territories for opposing enemies.

(let me state personally that I am not against Tamriel One happening, it's just that it doesn't make sense if you took it seriously, especially with a war going on in Cyrodiil......)

You know that plenty players are buying goods and stuff from enemy players since this game started. You know a player can have plenty characters from different alliances. There is the such thing as being realistic but this is a game.
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right?

ok.

Now on the game side,

You know that plenty players are buying goods and stuff from enemy players since this game started. You know a player can have plenty characters from different alliances. There is the such thing as being realistic but this is a game.

I know, its just kinda wonks the story a little bit..

And there are those like me in the game, that are steadfast AD Alliance supporters (just as there are EP and DC players like that as well) and I only have characters who are AD and nothing but AD.
  • Mellifluous
    Mellifluous
    ✭✭

That's exactly how the Elder Scrolls series has always worked?
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭

I like the concept of unlimited travel opportunity regardless of faction (on the surface of it) however, I still agree that Faction pride and loyalty in an MMO is crucial to keeping the excitement and edge to the game. Right now, the edge in PvP is already diluted since players who have multi faction toons simply jump to their other faction toon and come into the very same campaign they just fought in on another faction. NO sense of faction community/team building for many. despite the rush to embrace One Tamriel by many ESO players, a lot of upcoming MMOs, e.g Camelot Unchained; Crowfall, etc. will actually return to faction pride-based gaming. PvP 'zeitgeist' is directly based upon the game's factions being at odds to fight for the Ruby Throne and claim ascendency. All factions simply roaming free to co-mingle together throughout all the world doesn't even jive with faction storylines!

I feel that there will be a deep sense of' 'emotionally disconnect' for players and the game storyline will lose its main strength: Storyline immersion.

Just my thoughts, but I hope I'm wrong. I really enjoy ESO and fully support our community and devs constantly moving to improve the game. I'm hoping for the best!
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Please no. Please, God no. Crown crates...... please.... I beg of you Zenimax, do NOT do this. Please. Look, I missed out on the Frost horse as many others did. That does not mean I want to make its uniqueness void! If you buy a limited edition mount from ages gone, that shows that you are an older player and it generally makes you a badass. When everyone from Stonefalls to Auridon is riding it, however, it is not unique. There are MANY things I wouldn't have bought if I had know this would be coming. There are many things I will not buy because of this. I was among those who got the zombie horse and the mind-shriven skin. I only see these two things VERY rarely, and my character is unique because of this. In a month from now, everyone will look like Electro, and the rarity and uniqueness will be gone. Do you know what this means? You can never again sell a mount for 4k crowns. The price is the selling point for many people, mind you! I personally didn't get it, but if it was something I was interested in this gate would make the mount even more rare. I don't want a frost horse if it means everyone gets one. I think many who have played since the release or at least the release of the crown store can agree. Rant over.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Moonfish
    Moonfish
    ✭✭✭
    One Tamriel will destroy the lore. Im now playing Cadwell's alternate reality or something. Im a high elf AD playing through DC. Im being sent to kill AD soldiers and suddenly the King trust me and considers me his champion. Though he is fighting against my alliance. And I actually finished the EP story previously so I was against him and the queen Im supposed to serve. Its just stupid. Even as a "what if" scenario, it completely breaks immersion.

I just hate how they deal with lore in the ES series, they create a very detailed story and then toss it up into the air.

But you are still asked to believe you fight for an alliance and even capture others citiea in pvp while you go around the world backstabbing your leaders and doing story contents that even overlap each other. So now Im fighting AD invaders in Glenumbra. The ones I helped so they could get there.

One thing is to take the game to seriously, and the other is to make the story irrelevant and totally dumb. Its like WOW would do the same with the Horde/Alliance.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    No. Please no. Please, God no. Crown crates...... please.... I beg of you Zenimax, do NOT do this. Please. Look, I missed out on the Frost horse as many others did. That does not mean I want to make its uniqueness void! If you buy a limited edition mount from ages gone, that shows that you are an older player and it generally makes you a badass. When everyone from Stonefalls to Auridon is riding it, however, it is not unique. There are MANY things I wouldn't have bought if I had know this would be coming. There are many things I will not buy because of this. I was among those who got the zombie horse and the mind-shriven skin. I only see these two things VERY rarely, and my character is unique because of this. In a month from now, everyone will look like Electro, and the rarity and uniqueness will be gone. Do you know what this means? You can never again sell a mount for 4k crowns. The price is the selling point for many people, mind you! I personally didn't get it, but if it was something I was interested in this gate would make the mount even more rare. I don't want a frost horse if it means everyone gets one. I think many who have played since the release or at least the release of the crown store can agree. Rant over.

Instead of 'gambling crates,' perhaps limited edition times should be brought back to crown store for same crown store price for which they were orig available at certain times of year or for special events.
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keto3000 wrote: »

Instead of 'gambling crates,' perhaps limited edition times should be brought back to crown store for same crown store price for which they were orig available at certain times of year or for special events.

That would be a way more appropriate strategy.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    This is such an incredibly good patch coming, why would you spoil it with such a heinous, disgusting system as gambling boxes? Why are you having "seasons" of gambling-exclusive items? Why are you changing the way that your loyal customers can support the game? We don't want to gamble at a chance for cosmetic items, we want to buy them in the same manner we always have. Gambling boxes are a stain on this otherwise remarkable game!!

This.
    I was really excited about this update... But well, now idk. Mixed feeling, to say the least.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree! ZOS listen to your players like you claim to do!
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But But...my ICD

:'(
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, that isn't my problem. I don't want them returning at ALL. "Limited time" should mean "Limited time". Otherwise they are lying to the consumer, and the items lose their rarity and appeal.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right?

ok.

Now on the game side,

I know, its just kinda wonks the story a little bit..

And there are those like me in the game, that are steadfast AD Alliance supporters (just as there are EP and DC players like that as well) and I only have characters who are AD and nothing but AD.

Make sense yeah but not everybody is a supporter though. I may have all my characters in the Covenant not because I am firm believer of the faction but because I like the starting areas and alliance stories. I have always treated my characters as freelance explorers and adventures

No, that isn't my problem. I don't want them returning at ALL. "Limited time" should mean "Limited time". Otherwise they are lying to the consumer, and the items lose their rarity and appeal.

Limited time just means that the item is out for a short time period. It does not mean they will never come back.
  • Nitratas
    Nitratas
    ✭✭✭
    Random boxes....That's low, very low