The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why haven't you done a dungeon yet?

• Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    [ Part of the concern players have also stems from the pledge system and how players are rewarded. We hope to have that issue addressed in the future as well

@ZOS_Finn
    How about going deeper with Morph trees for 50+?

To enable morph choices players need to fulfill certain requirements like raiding achievements and to avoid overall imbalance for solo players, you could provide morphs with group benefits only. The new morphs should be helpful to raid future "nightmare content" that is enabled only for such rewarded players for example.

I guess that your budget and target group will might only cover plans for casuals but why not providing options to 50+ progress? This would make ESO very unique in the market because you would offer much more than just buying equipment for tokens.

If majority of ESO players don't like hardcore raiding it's fine, but please try not to exclude hardcore players.
    Edited by Bromburak on August 13, 2016 9:45AM
  • TheBigCheese1976
    I'd like to add my story to the mix. I've been playing on PS4 EU since release with my GF and have thoroughly enjoyed my experience. My first dungeons where awkward and hard, I remember spending hours in Spindleclutch wondering if we would ever finish. My first character was changed several times from dps to tank & finally healer, to work with the people we met who wanted to learn these group dungeons. I was hooked on group content and loved being part of a team working together to defeat evil. As a result I learned the idea of roles, I'd never played an MMO before.

As my journey continued I made new characters to fill different roles and looked to try harder and harder content. I currently have about 590 CP and 8 characters, 1 Healer, 2 tanks and a range of stamina & magicka DPS builds. I've completed all veteran Dungeons. I joined a few End Game guilds and started doing Trials, VMoL being my first which didn't go well lol. Since I've completed all trials on Normal and all but Maw of Lorkhaj on Veteran. I got to a point where I was regularly on the leader-boards and that's when it all went wrong for me. I enjoyed the challenges but being competitive to get good leader-board scores took the enjoyment away. Then the Lvl 45 Sanctum glitch appeared and my once hardcore guild became a face role easy farming area.

Disillusioned I looked for a new home, I found a social & trade guild, Shadowborn Wolf Pack who were looking to do more endgame content. I loved the family feel of the guild and started to help them do vet dungeons & later trials. Our first Sanctum normal run took like 8 hours, now we run it in about 30 minutes with less then a full group. We have even started an Elite division of the main guild for the purpose of doing trials. Now we get to the part that makes a difference, builds and group content.

Should your build be dictated by others, no play how you want to play. However group content is just that, you have to give up versatility to fit into a role, Tank, Healer or DPS. In normal trials anyone capable of doing an easy Vet Dungeon can do a trial. The DPS requirement for normal trials is low and the mechanics are often simplified. We accept anyone into the Elite division who has a basic build capable of filling a group role. Advancement in this trials guild is dictated by improving your build to be able to complete Vet trials, this isn't for everyone and that's cool. But after trying normal trials with a fun & relaxed group, most get hooked and we work with them to improve their build to work in their desired role. This doesn't mean you cant have another character who you play how you want, but trying to take down a boss with 50 million health with low dps isn't even possible as most have timers or mechanics that make it impossible.

Be warned though, building characters for end game PVE will ruin your solo play as everything is way too easy, you'll find yourself soloing normal dungeons that don't have mechanics to stop you, soloing Wrothgar world bosses and doing quests on new characters in your underwear to make it even remotely interesting. I'm no expert and don't pretend to be an awesome player, I have learnt how to make powerful builds by attempting difficult content.

So in summary, everyone should try out group content like dungeons and see if it something they enjoy, group finder is a terrible way of doing this, join an active guild and start slowly, don't be afraid to say "hey I'm a dungeon noob but I'd like to try" you'll be surprised how many like myself, enjoy helping others who are where we were in our early days. If it is something you enjoy then changing a few things on a character or making a group content orientated character is going to be fun for you. If it's not for you then you can go back to exploring and adventuring your way. Most importantly have fun!!