The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How does your vampire look?

sekhem
sekhem
✭✭✭
I'm on console so I cant use PTS but...If your character is a vampire and you do an appearance change, does it show the washed out color that you will end up with while you are customizing or your original color. Anyone happen to have changed a vampire character yet? I have a Khajiit that I want to change and the eyepatch removal is my number 1 concern but I like the new jungle stripe body markings and was wondering how they look. Thanks
The Dr found that his stars had decayed. Why didn't he keep them in the fridge? lol

PS4 NA dobby_of_doom
now also PC NA...I have no idea what I'm doing...

Best Answers

• ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have appearance changed my vampire and yes, it does show what you'll look like as a vampire as opposed to a mortal. I'd suggest feeding up to stage #1 to see what you're doing better.

Also pro tip if you don't like the appearance... wear a costume from your inventory. There's a bug they still haven't fixed (hooray) where it hides your vampiric appearance completely ;).
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    Answer ✓
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to have to be the one to break it to you but vamps are really ugly in this game. Nosferatu ugly. Pale white with spider veins and wrinkly skin. Khajiit don't get spared either. Your sleek black panther Khajiit will get whitwashed ugly too. just wear a costume.

Oh yes and I forgot to say OP that in addition to this comment your "jungle stripe" body markings are going to get faded by being a vampire.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    Answer ✓
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely fabulous, thanks for asking.

But yes, our beautiful alabaster skin still somehow is applied on top of markings instead of the other way round. I never really understood how this is even possible.
    Edited by Abeille on August 8, 2016 11:39PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Answer ✓
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to have to be the one to break it to you but vamps are really ugly in this game. Nosferatu ugly. Pale white with spider veins and wrinkly skin. Khajiit don't get spared either. Your sleek black panther Khajiit will get whitwashed ugly too. just wear a costume.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad that ugliness discourages people from becoming vampires.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want the skyrim vampire treatment on looks the glowy orangish yellow eyes and black sclera at all stages
  • sekhem
    sekhem
    ✭✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »
    I have appearance changed my vampire and yes, it does show what you'll look like as a vampire as opposed to a mortal. I'd suggest feeding up to stage #1 to see what you're doing better.

Also pro tip if you don't like the appearance... wear a costume from your inventory. There's a bug they still haven't fixed (hooray) where it hides your vampiric appearance completely ;).

Thanks for the tip.
    The Dr found that his stars had decayed. Why didn't he keep them in the fridge? lol

PS4 NA dobby_of_doom
    now also PC NA...I have no idea what I'm doing...
  • JustSnilloc
    JustSnilloc
    ✭✭✭
    The alabaster white thing is especially strange when you start with an obsidian black Dark Elf. I'd like to get my hands on the soul shriven skin to see what that looks like on him.
    [J.S.] The Lost King --->
    http://justsnilloc.proboards.com/
    http://justsnilloc.deviantart.com/
    ~ 0==={{:::::::::::::::x:::::::::::::::}}===0 ~
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The alabaster white thing is especially strange when you start with an obsidian black Dark Elf. I'd like to get my hands on the soul shriven skin to see what that looks like on him.

Also if you're a Redguard! If you have a Redguard on the darkest skin setting like I did, they go lavender purple with vampirism it's really bizarre. I made him paler with appearance change and now he looks like he's sat in a vat of bleach like all the other vampires in this game, it's still weird but it annoys me a heck of a lot less than the old purple colour!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm ugly as hell . Still waiting for Paper Bag headwear costume to be released from crown store so I can play without making everyone sick .

WTB

frltYYE.png

ZOS

I've tried everything . Creams , Savs ...new darker markings . It's worse then balding remedies .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on August 10, 2016 4:59PM
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All I know is that I am not liking the bug where it gives my vampire character a really bad cartoon frown. I switch out of a costume and it goes away, but it comes back after a few minutes.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want make-up to show on my Vamp :(
    PS4 NA DC
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case some of you don't know putting on a disguise , not a costume but a mission disguise will hide your ugly vampire face and make you look like you did before vampirism . Let's hope they keep this friendly bug ingame because it is nice for RP'ers that like to be able to hide their affliction and reveal it in discretion .