The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crowns refund request for Breton Hero costume

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itehache wrote: »
    There is one thing I don't understand about these posts though, don't you get an in-game preview for the costume? I am not trolling I just really want to know, because I tried it on, I did not like it, and I did not buy it.

@itehache
    No you don't get a preview.
    You a get fixed camera view.

You can't zoom in, out, move, attack, etc. (on console at least)
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itehache wrote: »
    There is one thing I don't understand about these posts though, don't you get an in-game preview for the costume? I am not trolling I just really want to know, because I tried it on, I did not like it, and I did not buy it.

@itehache
    No you don't get a preview.
    You a get fixed camera view.

You can't zoom in, out, move, attack, etc. (on console at least)

Nor on PC.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Lara1701
    Lara1701
    ✭✭✭
    Some things look good on some angles and not others. The inability to view the costume as a whole is a bit like buying a car you didn't get to sit inside or or see every angle on outside.
    "M'aiq knows much, and tells some. M'aiq knows many things others do not."
    ―M'aiq the Liar
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol. I guess you cba previewing it first.
    PC EU
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf and @MornaBaine Oh ok I get it now. It is true, yeah, you only get a preview with fixed camera, no zoom available. To be honest, with the fixed camera it already looked bad :tongue:
    Thanks for answering :smile:
  • j_s
    j_s
    ✭✭✭
    here's the reply I have just received :
    Greetings,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

I do apologize but unfortunately we cannot refund or exchange any Crown Store purchases.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

There you have it.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    j_s wrote: »
    Greetings,

I do apologize but unfortunately we cannot refund or exchange any Crown Store purchases.

Warm Regards,

There you have it.

Well that's interesting. Check out this thread:
    http://www.teso-rp.com/forum/m/9324623/viewthread/24407167-crown-store-updates/post/last#last

Here's the pertinent part:

There's been progress, and here's how it went down:
    (name removed)
    wrote:
    This is my second attempt to get in contact about the Breton Hero outfit and my wish for a refund. I am not willing to accept the quality of the product I received for my money and crowns, and I would much rather spend them on something that I feel is both worth the price tag and not initially misadvertised.

Their response:
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team wrote:
    Greetings, (name removed)!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online. My name is Tuesday, and I am here to assist you.

I am sorry that you are not pleased with the Breton Hero Armor.

As a one-time courtesy, I have removed the Breton Hero Armor from your Collectibles and refunded your 2000 crowns. You should see them on your next log in.

Normally, crown purchases are not able to be refunded. Please take care when purchasing as we may not be able to refund items in the future.

So either it depends entirely on what customer service agent you get or ZOS has gone hard nosed and is now refusing to refund. My advice to the OP would be to try again, opening a new ticket, asking for escalation, and pointing out the following:

In the preview you cannot:
    See how the costume looks in action and therefore missed the fact that the "cape" sticks to your legs.
    Cannot see how it interacts on mounts.
    Tried it on a male character and did not realize it is badly distorted on female characters.
    Cannot see how it looks WITHOUT the hood and were very dissatisfied with the look of it without the hood once purchased.

Hopefully they will see reason. Good luck!
    Edited by MornaBaine on July 31, 2016 12:14PM

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol. I guess you cba previewing it first.

Guess you cba reading the rest of this thread.
  • Dread_Viking
    Dread_Viking
    ✭✭✭✭
    it is not as good is i expected but to much for what we was given thy should just refund 50% to all who bought it
    Don't worry girl I'm a Sorcerer, i got my Hardened Ward for protection
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Greetings,

Warm Regards,

There you have it.

Well that's interesting. Check out this thread:
    http://www.teso-rp.com/forum/m/9324623/viewthread/24407167-crown-store-updates/post/last#last

Here's the pertinent part:

There's been progress, and here's how it went down:
    (name removed)
    wrote:
    This is my second attempt to get in contact about the Breton Hero outfit and my wish for a refund. I am not willing to accept the quality of the product I received for my money and crowns, and I would much rather spend them on something that I feel is both worth the price tag and not initially misadvertised.

Their response:
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team wrote:
    Greetings, (name removed)!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online. My name is Tuesday, and I am here to assist you.

I am sorry that you are not pleased with the Breton Hero Armor.

As a one-time courtesy, I have removed the Breton Hero Armor from your Collectibles and refunded your 2000 crowns. You should see them on your next log in.

Normally, crown purchases are not able to be refunded. Please take care when purchasing as we may not be able to refund items in the future.

So either it depends entirely on what customer service agent you get or ZOS has gone hard nosed and is now refusing to refund. My advice to the OP would be to try again, opening a new ticket, asking for escalation, and pointing out the following:

In the preview you cannot:
    See how the costume looks in action and therefore missed the fact that the "cape" sticks to your legs.
    Cannot see how it interacts on mounts.
    Tried it on a male character and did not realize it is badly distorted on female characters.
    Cannot see how it looks WITHOUT the hood and were very dissatisfied with the look of it without the hood once purchased.

Hopefully they will see reason. Good luck!

I got the exact same reply. You need to reply to the automated email and point out all the reasons why you are not happy with the item. The ground on which you should be refunded your crowns is very simple: the item was not like advertised and we were not offered a PROPER chance to preview it before purchase.
    If you just leave it in their hands, they won't refund it. I had to email them at least twice before they responded. Don't just take no for an answer.
    The Gaming Rev
    YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Magicka Nightblade, Breton
    Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Dragonknight, Dunmer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

Aldmeri Dominion - 1700+ CP

XboxOne EU
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let us know how it goes OP!

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Let us know how it goes OP!

I replied to the automatic mail and i am still waiting for any response. But it was the weekend so it is ok. I hope somebody answers me soon. I will write later what happens.
    Because I can!
  • ShirleyShine
    ShirleyShine
    ✭✭✭
    :( It looks so bad, but I really wanted the Breton Hero Armour.

I would prefer they fix it.
    War....war never changes
  • Blackbird71
    Blackbird71
    ✭✭✭
    :( It looks so bad, but I really wanted the Breton Hero Armour.

I would prefer they fix it.

As would most, I'm sure. The reality is though that they are unlikely to fix it until not fixing it becomes a financial burden (i.e., enough people demanding refunds, and refusing to purchase anything further).
  • j_s
    j_s
    ✭✭✭
    They're not offering refunds, which I find most disappointing, given the high price and that you had no option in previewing it in motion.
  • j_s
    j_s
    ✭✭✭
    I've learnt my lesson and will refrain from buying costumes/mounts. In the future I will spend the crowns only on DLC.
  • Blackbird71
    Blackbird71
    ✭✭✭
    They're not offering refunds, which I find most disappointing, given the high price and that you had no option in previewing it in motion.

They are not officially offering refunds, but several others have claimed to have obtained them through persistence. Even if not everyone is able to get a refund, the continued pressure of people asking for refunds may have an effect. But really, if they are giving a refund to even one, they should give them to all who ask.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with everyone, the Breton hero costume was the absolute WORST garbage I've ever seen released, whoever is in charge of approving it should no longer be working at ZOS.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just got my refund but in mail it was stated with bold "one-time exception". Anyway I am glad that I was refunded because the costume, lets be honest, it was awful.
    Because I can!
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the colour didn't annoy me at all, as I intended to dye it anyways. But the glued cloak is indeed awful enough for me to relinquish the costume to the depths of my virtual wardrobe and I would only inflict it to my most hated characters. This is saddening on two respects. First because my main character is a Breton mage and I thought it would have been a great look for him. Second, because I found that the Breton rogue was the most badass of all three anonymous heroes.

That said, I chose not to ask for a refund. First, because I am kind of a collector (I think I only miss the Bristlegut Piglet and the Whiterun Wolfhound). Second, because who knows, maybe all the annoyed people will convince them to get back to it and rework its animations. Maybe they'll do it after they add cloaks to the game! (#Hope #WishfulThinking)
    (And then I will walk everywher with my gorgeously dyed Breton hero costume)

That being said, I fully support the idea that Zenimax should let customers see the animated costumes before buying them. Not everybody is a collector who wants everything, no matter what, and folks should have an opportunity to know exactly what they're buying. And even, not to buy some things they could have desired in order to call for higher quality standards.
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    There is no doubt the costume is of sub standard quality and a waste of crowns. Folks who purchased the item should get a refund if they so desire. ZOS should of known better. The Breton Hero costume is an embarrassment to the department responsible for creating it.

Could not agree more not only with your message but how you said it. There should be a level of righteous embarrassment not only for the department that made but for any person or persons responsible for quality control who looked at the end product and allowed it out into circulation.

@OP if they give you a refund update this thread please. I'll actually gladly give this costume and take the crowns for use elsewhere.

EDIT: finally made it all the way through and saw they granted you a refund I will be sending mine in when I get home later.
    Edited by acw37162 on August 10, 2016 3:02AM
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    Palidon wrote: »
    There is no doubt the costume is of sub standard quality and a waste of crowns. Folks who purchased the item should get a refund if they so desire. ZOS should of known better. The Breton Hero costume is an embarrassment to the department responsible for creating it.

Could not agree more not only with your message but how you said it. There should be a level of righteous embarrassment not only for the department that made but for any person or persons responsible for quality control who looked at the end product and allowed it out into circulation.

@OP if they give you a refund update this thread please. I'll actually gladly give this costume and take the crowns for use elsewhere.

EDIT: finally made it all the way through and saw they granted you a refund I will be sending mine in when I get home later.

I know, it's a long thread ;)
    The Gaming Rev
    YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Magicka Nightblade, Breton
    Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer