The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crowns refund request for Breton Hero costume

Amorpho
Amorpho
✭✭✭✭
I wrote Zenimax a Ticket in game and sent them an email, but they have not responded yet.
I was really looking forward to the launch of both the Doom Mount and the Breton Hero costume. I thought they would be a great "couple" on my assassin character. You can imagine my excitement when I bought them both as soon as they became available. The Doom Mount is sick! But when I put on the Breton Hero costume, the disappointment just flooded me. In all the pictures published by ZOS, the costume always looked black (apart from the designs on it). But when I put it on, it looked greyish/navy blue. Not to mention the cloak effect (that is basically non-existent). It just sticks to the whole body as if someone glued it to the character's back and legs. Being on console and not having access to PTS I just had no idea of what it would effectively look like after purchase. I don't mind spending a lot of gold/crowns just for aesthetics (yes, Im one of those guys who grazes bankruptcy for MMO style), but there is no way I will ever make my chars wear it. I therefore ask ZOS to take back the costume and refund the crowns please! Those crowns will definitely be spent in another way. In any case, they won't be losing any money over this.
The Gaming Rev
YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
Magicka Templar, Altmer
Magicka Nightblade, Breton
Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
Magicka Templar, Altmer
Stamina Templar, Orsimer
Stamina Dragonknight, Dunmer
Stamina Warden, Orsimer

Aldmeri Dominion - 1700+ CP

XboxOne EU
  • E-Zekiel
    E-Zekiel
    ✭✭✭
    This outfit really brings to light the need for either cloth simulation, or additional bones to the skeleton for things that should not stick to your character.

With robes it's not AS bad because robes close at the front, so a degree of some clinginess is to be expected. With open coats, it really doesn't make sense at all and looks pretty terrible.

GW2 for example has skeleton bones for things like this, but the game itself does not use cloth simulation.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no doubt the costume is of sub standard quality and a waste of crowns. Folks who purchased the item should get a refund if they so desire. ZOS should of known better. The Breton Hero costume is an embarrassment to the department responsible for creating it.
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who is in charge of this sort of things at ZOS? Maybe if I tagged them on this post they might respond!
    Edited by Amorpho on July 25, 2016 6:48AM
    The Gaming Rev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Templar, Altmer

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

XboxOne EU
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you get a refund . That is a legit complaint .
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom are you ladies in charge of this??
    The Gaming Rev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Templar, Altmer

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

XboxOne EU
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This needs a refund. I didnt know u could get refunds for stuff like this. Will write ticket asap.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure many players have sent in tickets requesting a refund. Bet however, none of us ever get a response. Heck they have had ample time to respond to the many threads addressing player concerns about the Breton Hero Costume in the forums and have remained silent. Only goes to show how truly pathetic ZOS's support of this game and interest in players concerns really is.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Breton Hero costume is fantastic concept image, with a really bad, amateurish execution. The cape in particular reminds me of plastic capes on Lego people, the way they snap on all stiff and unmoving. And the texture gaps and clipping are really bad.

I'd rather see it improved than refunded, but i don't actually have hope that Zeni will do either one of those things.
    Edited by Reverb on July 25, 2016 3:46PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    HURREY! Just got the refund! Thank you ZOS. Hope u guys get it as well!
    The Gaming Rev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Templar, Altmer

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

XboxOne EU
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amorpho wrote: »

Well maybe there is hope on the horizon but I am not keeping my fingers crossed. They have yet to comment on this issue in the forums and have had ample time to do so. Like you I have submitted a ticket and letter to ZOS. We shall see.
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    E-Zekiel wrote: »
    This outfit really brings to light the need for either cloth simulation, or additional bones to the skeleton for things that should not stick to your character.

With robes it's not AS bad because robes close at the front, so a degree of some clinginess is to be expected. With open coats, it really doesn't make sense at all and looks pretty terrible.

GW2 for example has skeleton bones for things like this, but the game itself does not use cloth simulation.

Whats the difference between cloth simulation and skeleton bones?
  • Eisenhovver
    Eisenhovver
    ✭✭✭
    I am glad you got your refund but I find it a bit disappointing that all of you people bought it without previewing it and are now upset that you did that and want the company to pay for your mistake. Did you preview it? They give you this function to prevent this exact issue.
    Plus, you will soon be able to dye costumes so if your complaint is the color...
    I agree with you that it that it looks bad, I just wish people weren't so quick to attack ZOS for their mistakes.
    An intellectual is someone who takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows. -Dwight D. Eisenhower
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent news , I'm glad ZOS did the appropriate thing . Hopefully they fix it in the future .
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am glad you got your refund but I find it a bit disappointing that all of you people bought it without previewing it and are now upset that you did that and want the company to pay for your mistake. Did you preview it? They give you this function to prevent this exact issue.
    Plus, you will soon be able to dye costumes so if your complaint is the color...
    I agree with you that it that it looks bad, I just wish people weren't so quick to attack ZOS for their mistakes.

I didn't buy it.

But a big complaint was how the Cape/cloak stuck to you when moving. You can't preview how they look when moving.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not everything could be seen via the preview. Clipping and the cape as examples. What is really bad is ZOS has failed to even comment on this issue which has gotten a lot of attention in the forums. That is totally wrong and only shows they could care less.
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭

What do u mean preview? If you refer to the artwork provided by ZOS it really looked amazing, that's why I bought it. The complaint is that the costume looks nowhere near the quality of the artwork. Not only the colours don't match but even part of the designs (such as the gloves), not to mention the horrific way the cloack sticks to your body. The fault isn't with us, it's with them. To put it in Ebay's terms, the item didn't match the description...
    Edited by Amorpho on July 26, 2016 5:08PM
    The Gaming Rev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Templar, Altmer

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

XboxOne EU
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Amorpho Did you really get a refund? I recieved a mail from ZoS:
    Greetings,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

I do apologize but unfortunately we cannot refund or exchange any Crown Store purchases.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
    Because I can!
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

@Amorpho Did you really get a refund? I recieved a mail from ZoS:
    Greetings,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

I do apologize but unfortunately we cannot refund or exchange any Crown Store purchases.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

Same. I want my MONEH. OR THEY BETTER FIX THIS DAMN COSTUME.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the costume the way it is, I love the coat. But yeah I understand that folks are upset about this costume. I admit its the best one out there. Breton has to be the best one. Second AD Costume.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • E-Zekiel
    E-Zekiel
    ✭✭✭
    @Brittany_Joy (since quotes aren't working atm)

The difference between cloth simulation and skeleton bones is skeleton bones don't really adapt to physics and motion. You can program them to have some minor reactions (like GW2 does) but it's still distinctly different than striaght up cloth simulation.

For example, in EQ2, if you fall off a cliff wearing classic robes (not the newer ones that are more like pantsuits than robes), the sides, front and back will fly up. in SWTOR, when you run forward in jedi robes, the robes fly up behind you and react to your legs hitting them.
  • Blackbird71
    Blackbird71
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    The Breton Hero costume is fantastic concept image, with a really bad, amateurish execution. The cape in particular reminds me of plastic capes on Lego people, the way they snap on all stiff and unmoving. And the texture gaps and clipping are really bad.

I'd rather see it improved than refunded, but i don't actually have hope that Zeni will do either one of those things.

I haven't seen a plastic cape in LEGOs since the 80's; as far back as the mid-90's LEGO has been using cloth (albeit stiff cloth) for capes on their pieces. So what's ZOS' problem?

(I half-kid; I realize the programming involved is not as simple as that)
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did any1 else other than the OP manage to get a refund? I want my moneh back ZOS?

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    Did any1 else other than the OP manage to get a refund? I want my moneh back ZOS?

Yes. Open ticket asking for refund under item issue.

Got canned email

Replied asking for refund of Breton hero costume because xxxx yyyy zzzz

Hours later it was removed and refunded.
    *xbox one
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »

Yes. Open ticket asking for refund under item issue.

Got canned email

Replied asking for refund of Breton hero costume because xxxx yyyy zzzz

Hours later it was removed and refunded.
    *xbox one

Thanks. I will do it too.
    Because I can!
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is one thing I don't understand about these posts though, don't you get an in-game preview for the costume? I am not trolling I just really want to know, because I tried it on, I did not like it, and I did not buy it.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    itehache wrote: »
    There is one thing I don't understand about these posts though, don't you get an in-game preview for the costume? I am not trolling I just really want to know, because I tried it on, I did not like it, and I did not buy it.
    You get a preview, but can not see the costume in action (walking, running, crouching). The costume looks okay static but terrible while in movement.
  • j_s
    j_s
    ✭✭✭
    I've also submitted a ticket, twice already...in both cases I've received an automated email and then nothing...
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not only can you not preview costumes while moving... you can't preview how they interact with mounts nor can you preview them without the hood. I previewed it and hated it instantly so did not buy. But a lot of folks didn't discover HOW BAD it was until they had bought it and saw it in action or perhaps even on a different character than the one they previewed it on.
    Edited by MornaBaine on July 30, 2016 4:08AM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    j_s wrote: »
    I've also submitted a ticket, twice already...in both cases I've received an automated email and then nothing...

You have to reply to the automated reply, and include the details of what you are asking for and why.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • j_s
    j_s
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I have just done that!