Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Add a Token System to vMA for the love of god!

• LZH
    LZH
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by LZH on August 8, 2016 9:33AM
    Options
  • Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sell Vma weapons for AP. I can pay even 1kk AP, thank you.
    The Farron family team (EU)
    sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
    templar - Selene Farron AR27
    nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
    stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
    stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So what Im trying to say is, if we are keeping the probability the same, current system is better than token.

You aren't understanding. I would do 10 runs if I was guaranteed a sharpened inferno staff rather than have a 1/8 chance. I just want a pathway that actually leads to something rather than playing the odds.

Bahahahahahahahaha 10 runs!!! Try 500 and then you can go in the inferno trait raffle. Pft 10 runs...you make me laugh. Even the noobiest of noobs would grind it out for that.

It was a hypothetical scenario, buddy. So running it 500 times makes you a good player? You are only worthy of an upgrade after 500 runs? Also, what is your point? If you are able to beat vMA 10 times why don't you deserve a reward? What more does it prove if you can beat it 18 million times other than the fact that you can grind repetitive content for hours on end? I've already got my flawless run, I've got top 100 all-time, can I have a tangible reward now? All I am trying to say is that I would rather put in a lot of hours knowing that there will be a payoff. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

No it means nothing. This is old content now and we've all put in stupid hours to grind what we want...it took me 7 months for an inferno so no IMHO you cannot have now 10 measly runs for what you want. It's just plain unfair. You're getting guaranteed weapons now so get on with it. You've got it so fair and easy it doesn't deserve to be any other way.

Next it'll be 10 sanctum runs for a jewelery set, 10 runs of MoL for whatever you want and oh wait now there is nothing left to do in the game...
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • InfaM
    InfaM
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I wanted a token system pre-soth , I think that 100% weapon drop is now a reasonable alternative , it used to be no weapon at all in the end chest which made those runs looks like an endless grind, now we can say that it's more motivating because we have a concrete chance to get the desired weapon in each runs, no more dice roll to know if there will be a weapon at all, only have to worry about weapon/trait.

Many players were requesting tokens or 100% weapon drop rate (myself included) , ZOS decided to go with the 100% drop rate alternative and at that point vma rng is in a better state than some month ago, so I think that if I did my 100+ VMA runs in this current RNG state I would probably have all the desired weapons which seems fair enough to say that token system is no longer needed with 100% drop rate.
    Edited by InfaM on August 8, 2016 9:48AM
    Options
  • LZH
    LZH
    ✭✭✭✭
    500 runs means 99.75% chance one will get at least one inferno sharpen, so yeah @stickybodyfluid there is your guarantee, treat that as your new token system and just assume 500 runs will get you your inferno sharpen, go and run it and let us know how you go.

Don't forget you will:
    1. most likely get it before 500 runs
    2. a lot of good weapons for stam classes along the way.

Now tell me if this is better than a token system where you run 500 times to guarentee a weapon?

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY? Where did I state that it should be a 500 run token system? That is stupid. Dude you can post as much about probability as you like but it doesn't change the fact that the current system of RNG is terrible and usually doesn't lead to rewards unless you are willing to put in HUNDREDS of runs.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Why do they have to keep the probability the same if they put a token system in? Would it be so bad if somebody got a guaranteed sharpened inferno staff after running the arena 10 times? 10 hours for a piece of gear isn't enough?
    So what Im trying to say is, if we are keeping the probability the same, current system is better than token.

You aren't understanding. I would do 10 runs if I was guaranteed a sharpened inferno staff rather than have a 1/8 chance. I just want a pathway that actually leads to something rather than playing the odds.

Ok, but would you do 300 runs for it? because that's the current probability of "guaranteed" inferno sharpen drop. (Its actually 98% chance with 300 runs)

If you are asking for 10 run per token, like I said before, you are essentially asking for an increase in drop rate. If you are asking for 300 runs per token, then you are worse off because of 299 weapons you could have received.

You just aren't getting it. 10 tokens for a weapon might be an increase in drop chance but that isn't even

Bahahahahahahahaha 10 runs!!! Try 500 and then you can go in the inferno trait raffle. Pft 10 runs...you make me laugh. Even the noobiest of noobs would grind it out for that.

It was a hypothetical scenario, buddy. So running it 500 times makes you a good player? You are only worthy of an upgrade after 500 runs? Also, what is your point? If you are able to beat vMA 10 times why don't you deserve a reward? What more does it prove if you can beat it 18 million times other than the fact that you can grind repetitive content for hours on end? I've already got my flawless run, I've got top 100 all-time, can I have a tangible reward now? All I am trying to say is that I would rather put in a lot of hours knowing that there will be a payoff. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

No it means nothing. This is old content now and we've all put in stupid hours to grind what we want...it took me 7 months for an inferno so no IMHO you cannot have now 10 measly runs for what you want. It's just plain unfair. You're getting guaranteed weapons now so get on with it. You've got it so fair and easy it doesn't deserve to be any other way.

Next it'll be 10 sanctum runs for a jewelery set, 10 runs of MoL for whatever you want and oh wait now there is nothing left to do in the game...

Just because you had to spend 7 months and countless hours grinding a single piece of content doesn't mean that should exclude others that either don't want to spend this ungodly amount of time running vMA (seriously? I have to spend 7 months playing this game before I can have BiS gear?) or don't even have the time to run it that many times from participating in end-game content and performing at the highest level. There has to be a balance between grind and accessibility and right now the balance is way off. But that doesn't mean that ZOS shouldn't fix the problem just because some people were around for the bad times. The game will never improve that way.
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    500 runs means 99.75% chance one will get at least one inferno sharpen, so yeah @stickybodyfluid there is your guarantee, treat that as your new token system and just assume 500 runs will get you your inferno sharpen, go and run it and let us know how you go.

Don't forget you will:

Now tell me if this is better than a token system where you run 500 times to guarentee a weapon?

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY? Where did I state that it should be a 500 run token system? That is stupid. Dude you can post as much about probability as you like but it doesn't change the fact that the current system of RNG is terrible and usually doesn't lead to rewards unless you are willing to put in HUNDREDS of runs.

Why do they have to keep the probability the same if they put a token system in? Would it be so bad if somebody got a guaranteed sharpened inferno staff after running the arena 10 times? 10 hours for a piece of gear isn't enough?

Ok, but would you do 300 runs for it? because that's the current probability of "guaranteed" inferno sharpen drop. (Its actually 98% chance with 300 runs)

If you are asking for 10 run per token, like I said before, you are essentially asking for an increase in drop rate. If you are asking for 300 runs per token, then you are worse off because of 299 weapons you could have received.

You just aren't getting it. 10 tokens for a weapon might be an increase in drop chance but that isn't even

Just because you had to spend 7 months and countless hours grinding a single piece of content doesn't mean that should exclude others that either don't want to spend this ungodly amount of time running vMA (seriously? I have to spend 7 months playing this game before I can have BiS gear?) or don't even have the time to run it that many times from participating in end-game content and performing at the highest level. There has to be a balance between grind and accessibility and right now the balance is way off. But that doesn't mean that ZOS shouldn't fix the problem just because some people were around for the bad times. The game will never improve that way.

The game will never improve beating it 10 times on a sorc just overloading the last boss. You should know that now having guaranteed drops in vet dungeons for set items. Trials. And now Vdsa and vma is a first for this game all due to QQing. Someone I play with got the sharp inferno on thier first run 6 months ago and they are still an awful player. The weapons only help a fraction of the amount.

In fact they need to start making bis gear harder to get..not by grinding but by harder content. Like vet trials on hardmode only and hardmode vet dungeons done in a certain time. That'll separate the good from the sweaty. Anyone can spend hours and hours at something but by no means will it get them anywhere
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • Molec
    Molec
    ✭✭✭

It isn't fair either if you do 50+ runs with no inferno or resto staff then a noob to the arena gets a sharpened inferno staff and precise resto within their first 5 runs. The rewards should be based on skill and for time served in the arena!
    Edited by Molec on August 8, 2016 10:59AM
    PC-EU 666cp+

Molec - Dunmer Magika Sorc
    Lucius Bal - Altmer Magika DK
    Avborh - Breton Magika Templar
    Skorun - Altmer Magika NB
    Darum-Zar - Khajiit Stamina DK
    Nephi Dagon - Argonian Mag Templar
    Warden of Red Mountain - Bosmer Stamina Warden
    Warden of Dagoth-Ur - Altmer Magika Warden

George Carlin — "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
    Options
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ryuho wrote: »

This.

Or make it 200k+ for a random Weapon.
    Heck, make it 1 million and I would still "play to the lottery".

Still more fun than grinding the same crap over and over again in PVE.
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sluice wrote: »
    Ryuho wrote: »

This.

Or make it 200k+ for a random Weapon.
    Heck, make it 1 million and I would still "play to the lottery".

Still more fun than grinding the same crap over and over again in PVE.

Lol no. If it's a 1 in 96 chance of a weapon it should be 96x the going ap cost for an item box... so 1.96M for a guaranteed vma weapon in a random box. Most hardcore pvp pve haters have more than enough to spare on that.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why did you feel the need to make another thread when the forum already has about 5 with the exact same title?

Didnt bother reading your post as I could probably type it out word for word myself.

Geting boring now.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This discussion is at the same level as people complaining about the RNG with shuffle. A friend of mine (bless him for helping me complete vmsa for the first time yesterday) have 20 runs on vMSA. The result:
    * 5 Sharpened Infernostaffs
    * 3 Powered Healing staffs
    * 4 Maelstrom Dagger (sharpened)
    * 2 Bow (1 precis, 1 sharpened)
    * 3 Maelstrom axe (1powered, 2 sharpened)
    * 1 2h-mace (can´t remember the correct name for the weapon but you which one I mean) with sharpened
    * 1 shield

Yes , the RNG gods are with him, but it´s still just RNG. And a token system would just encourage those who can farm vMSA like it´s nothing (which I think isn´t is ZOS intention). And besides, after SoTH update there´s a 100% droprate on weapons which gives you a bigger change of getting the weapon you want.
    Edited by Qbiken on August 8, 2016 12:04PM
    Options
  • Molec
    Molec
    ✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    Why did you feel the need to make another thread when the forum already has about 5 with the exact same title?

Didnt bother reading your post as I could probably type it out word for word myself.

Geting boring now.

This is the general discussion forum, there are many duplicate threads and there isn't much you can do about it!
    Just because you don't share the opinion doesn't mean others should follow you nor make threads to appease you, if you don't like the title of the thread I suggest you do what every other normal person would do and ignore it! Coming here to say "Didnt bother reading your post as I could probably type it out word for word myself." and "Geting boring now" is far from constructive and borderline pointless in regards to this discussion.
    PC-EU 666cp+

Molec - Dunmer Magika Sorc
    Lucius Bal - Altmer Magika DK
    Avborh - Breton Magika Templar
    Skorun - Altmer Magika NB
    Darum-Zar - Khajiit Stamina DK
    Nephi Dagon - Argonian Mag Templar
    Warden of Red Mountain - Bosmer Stamina Warden
    Warden of Dagoth-Ur - Altmer Magika Warden

George Carlin — "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    I say just allow them to be tradeable between players who have complete Vet MA already.That's way players who completed the content should be able to trade Weapons with them.
    Just want to bring this back up.
    Options
  • LZH
    LZH
    ✭✭✭✭

Don't forget you will:

The game will never improve beating it 10 times on a sorc just overloading the last boss. You should know that now having guaranteed drops in vet dungeons for set items. Trials. And now Vdsa and vma is a first for this game all due to QQing. Someone I play with got the sharp inferno on thier first run 6 months ago and they are still an awful player. The weapons only help a fraction of the amount.

In fact they need to start making bis gear harder to get..not by grinding but by harder content. Like vet trials on hardmode only and hardmode vet dungeons done in a certain time. That'll separate the good from the sweaty. Anyone can spend hours and hours at something but by no means will it get them anywhere

If you can beat the hardest content in the game repeatedly do you not deserve the best gear? At the end of the day somebody with 500k score and somebody with 400k score still completed the same content, one of them just did it faster.

If it makes you feel any better I have a 532k score and flawless conquerer and I'm not max level. Am I worthy?!?!?!

I am totally fine having BiS gear locked behind harder content but seeing as most people can't even beat vMA I'm not sure when that will happen. I would take harder content with good rewards over easy content that makes me spend 100 hours getting something anyday.

By the way, nice job contradicting yourself. You say that I don't deserve the inferno staff because I didn't grind like you. Then You say that BiS gear shouldn't be rewarded for grinding. /logic
    Edited by LZH on August 9, 2016 2:45AM
    Options
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh god.. not this again.. how about lets have a system where you do one run and you get all 84 vma weapons dropped for you?

No wait, then people would complain it takes too much space/time to clear them out.

I would accept a system where it would take 5-10 runs per weapon you would like. Meaning I would still have to do over 50 runs.

But it always has to be one extreme or the other, right?

Stop being an idiot. 1/96 is not a reasonable drop-rate for something that takes most people an hour to complete.

If they made a token system where 96 runs = 1 weapon of your choice, would you take it over the current system? I wouldn't.

At this point i would, over 96 runs and do not have the weapon i need
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

Options
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cant ZOS just buff the traits nobody likes?
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
    Options
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god.. not this again.. how about lets have a system where you do one run and you get all 84 vma weapons dropped for you?

No wait, then people would complain it takes too much space/time to clear them out.

I would accept a system where it would take 5-10 runs per weapon you would like. Meaning I would still have to do over 50 runs.

Stop being an idiot. 1/96 is not a reasonable drop-rate for something that takes most people an hour to complete.

If they made a token system where 96 runs = 1 weapon of your choice, would you take it over the current system? I wouldn't.

Out of curiosity, what useful weapons have you received in your 96+ runs?

Also I agree the previous drop rate was poor in vma, I was referring to 96 runs with 100% drop rate, it is mathematically better than a 96 runs per token system.
    Options
  • Wycks
    Wycks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tokens = fun game-play
    RNG = frustrating game-play

It's really that *** simple.
    The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
    Options
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    Tokens = fun game-play

100 runs per token per weapon = fun game play
    1 random weapon out of possible of 84 from chest per run = frustrating game-play

Yeah its that simple people. Id rather get nothing at all so I can run it 100 times knowing I will get it in the end. Actually I'll take 1000 runs per token. Lets make it happen?
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cant ZOS just buff the traits nobody likes?
    We asked them too they won't do it because they think their fine.Zos made traits worst than they were before and they wonder why everyone hates getting anything else.
    Options
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. We have Tel Var stones for the IC, why not another currency for (v)MA?

To all those, who say "It's unfair, because it took me x runs to get my stuff...": Monster set pieces are being sold in Cyrodiil now, things are changing. If you wouldn't push it too hard trying to be always on top, maybe you'll enjoy this game more and actually have some fun on the way.
    Edited by Kelces on August 9, 2016 4:58AM
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    . I have 1 sharpened weapon, a restoration staff.

:open_mouth: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, ZoS trolling you!
    Options
  • LZH
    LZH
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tokens = fun game-play

100 runs per token per weapon = fun game play
    1 random weapon out of possible of 84 from chest per run = frustrating game-play

Yeah its that simple people. Id rather get nothing at all so I can run it 100 times knowing I will get it in the end. Actually I'll take 1000 runs per token. Lets make it happen?

Dude, stop trolling. The whole point of this post is that the current system clearly isn't working. ZOS wouldn't give us multiple weapons per run so the only other logical options are to either remove traits from the drop pool or to input a REASONABLE token system so that people aren't spending 100+ hours in vMA and not receiving what they need. Also you seem to not understand how a token system would work. You will still receive weapons every run like you do now - you would just either also receive a token or the weapons that you got could be broken down into a token, something like that. Also, it wouldn't be 96 tokens or whatever you said, because that would be ridiculous.
    Edited by LZH on August 9, 2016 5:47AM
    Options
  • LZH
    LZH
    ✭✭✭✭
    . I have 1 sharpened weapon, a restoration staff.

:open_mouth: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, ZoS trolling you!

No lie though, I have every single weapon and duplicates of most of them in Decisive. So I can throw a meteor every 54 seconds instead of every 56 seconds. My DPS went up by like 0.3% it's crazy.
    Options
  • LZH
    LZH
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kelces wrote: »
    I agree. We have Tel Var stones for the IC, why not another currency for (v)MA?

To all those, who say "It's unfair, because it took me x runs to get my stuff...": Monster set pieces are being sold in Cyrodiil now, things are changing. If you wouldn't push it too hard trying to be always on top, maybe you'll enjoy this game more and actually have some fun on the way.

Right? All I'm asking is that the reward fit the time invested. Many people can't even beat vMA let alone are they going to run the arena hundreds of times to get BiS gear. There are probably a ton of good players that are being locked out of end-game by this horrible RNG brick wall.
    Options
  • LZH
    LZH
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tokens = fun game-play

Exactly dude. I've put 50+ hours or so in and I know others have put in significantly more than that and I don't have a single vMA weapon that I use because my generic sharpened staff is better than my vMA one without sharpened. Pretty ridiculous that I've been beating "the hardest solo content in the game" over and over again and ZOS can't even give me something worth using. Crafting FTW I guess..
    Options
  • Chilla_Deluxe
    Chilla_Deluxe
    ✭✭✭
    Just a question, after how many runs(average) did people do to get their first 2h sharpened(battle axe/greatsword or maul). Im on 50 runs post-DB and 6 weeklys with none yet?
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just a question, after how many runs(average) did people do to get their first 2h sharpened(battle axe/greatsword or maul). Im on 50 runs post-DB and 6 weeklys with none yet?

1st run for me on a sharp 2h Maul. The following 7 runs was all glory helms and well shitted items.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Out of curiosity, what useful weapons have you received in your 96+ runs?

Also I agree the previous drop rate was poor in vma, I was referring to 96 runs with 100% drop rate, it is mathematically better than a 96 runs per token system.

I've got a few good trait stam weapons including a sharpened bow and a few 2h. As well as a few resto staves. But I exclusively play magicka dps and none of those matter to me
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

Options
  • neville_bart0s
    neville_bart0s
    ✭✭✭

none. ive got rings 7 out of the last 8 times and refuse to go back till the update hits console so i can at least have a guaranteed weapon.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.