The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is Stam like playing on Easy Mode?

• Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eshelmen wrote: »
    Never really use my stam character, nor do I have any interest in doing so.

My Magplar does just fine against them.

Are you using Malubeth?
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
    Options
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm tired of Green-Blue war. I want strong hybrids for each class at last.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    So there are maybe 12-13 different yes's in the comments & comparably around 7 no's.
    Yet the poll shows that "no" is winning. This leads me to believe that people are just coming here & hitting a button without explaining their reasoning. Which brings the question of if they have any way of backing their decision with logic or not.
    I guess I should have been more specific to ask for reasoning behind the decision chose.
    Because at this point the poll is pointless because it looks like there are a ton of stam users hitting no saying "please don't nerf us even though we're the new op meta right now" & a ton of magicka & stam users saying "yes, it's unbalanced right now". sigh...

I voted yes without commenting because theres not really a need for it. Any pvp player who isn't biased and have played mag and stam knows whats up :)

Any PvP player that has played both knows that magicka is cake in comparison to stamina. Here's a video that one of my guild mates just posted. Magicka is easy mode in this game.

https://youtu.be/LQM4AgVV7bw
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Ashamray wrote: »

The green blue war started when green started to get toys, and now the spoiled blues are crying about it like toddlers. What people should really be crying about are how certain item sets are completely broken in this game.
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    So there are maybe 12-13 different yes's in the comments & comparably around 7 no's.
    Yet the poll shows that "no" is winning. This leads me to believe that people are just coming here & hitting a button without explaining their reasoning. Which brings the question of if they have any way of backing their decision with logic or not.
    I guess I should have been more specific to ask for reasoning behind the decision chose.
    Because at this point the poll is pointless because it looks like there are a ton of stam users hitting no saying "please don't nerf us even though we're the new op meta right now" & a ton of magicka & stam users saying "yes, it's unbalanced right now". sigh...

I voted yes without commenting because theres not really a need for it. Any pvp player who isn't biased and have played mag and stam knows whats up :)

Any PvP player that has played both knows that magicka is cake in comparison to stamina. Here's a video that one of my guild mates just posted. Magicka is easy mode in this game.

Two templars which is the best magicka class at the moment does not make up for the weaknesses of the other 3 magicka classes. The fact is most people play stamina because it gives you room to make mistakes. If you make one bad dodge roll on a magicka build you are basically going to die after you get cc'd one more time. Magicka is way more difficult to play less burst, less defense, less mobility. Those are the three most important things in PvP and magicka is behind in all 3. Lol that's why everyone is switching to stamina. When I play my stamblade there is a night and day difference how easier it is to play compared to my magblade
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No

Two templars which is the best magicka class at the moment does not make up for the weaknesses of the other 3 magicka classes. The fact is most people play stamina because it gives you room to make mistakes. If you make one bad dodge roll on a magicka build you are basically going to die after you get cc'd one more time. Magicka is way more difficult to play less burst, less defense, less mobility. Those are the three most important things in PvP and magicka is behind in all 3. Lol that's why everyone is switching to stamina. When I play my stamblade there is a night and day difference how easier it is to play compared to my magblade

Sorcs are more powerful than ever (just not as easy to use), magblades are incredibly powerful, and fun to play with shadow image. Don't have a magicka DK, but a guild mate of mine wrecks people with his doing 10k whips in Cyrodiil. When it comes to how easy it is to play stamina vs magicka I would say it depends on the class, and context. In PvP stamina is easier with DKs, magicka is by far easier with Templars, and it's about even with sorcs and Nightblades. In PvE it's just easier with magicka across the board, although stamina is now king of DPS because of maelstrom daggers, but that doesn't necessarily mean stamina is best. In PvP though, magicka Templars are outperforming everyone. So no, stamina is not easy mode.
    Options
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Ashamray wrote: »

The green blue war started when green started to get toys, and now the spoiled blues are crying about it like toddlers. What people should really be crying about are how certain item sets are completely broken in this game.

No actually what people should be crying about is how either totally overpowered CCs are to Blue. How much of a disadvantage blue has to not only be squishy but also have to sacifice a lot of damage or be pigeonhold into using obviously broken sets just to be able to survive the onslaught of green being able to burst, and defend as the same time, no green does not need a nerf. Blue just need buffs to allow it to be able to function just as good as green does under heavy CC pressure without the need to give up DPS. If this means that blue loses it's shields then shields be damned, because with battle leveling shield get a hard nerf while CCs don't.

This war between green and blue is highly unnecessary. Everyone should have to either be forced to gave and take, or no one should be force to give and take and be able to do everything in one build without using broken sets. Again stamina does not need a nerf, but I'll tell you one thing magicka in general needs a big buff against CC and maybe some set gear to allow it to nearly provide the same level of burst damage as stamina builds.

Putting two equally skilled players on green and one blue against each other, 19 times out of 20 green is going to win because of it's ability to spam roll dodges and evades and dish out loads of burst damage toward blue at the same time.

Magicka in general is in a very very bad place right now in solo to small group PvP. ESO just needs the simple ability for dodge rolling, blocking, break-free, sprint, and sneak to drain which ever resource bar be it green or blue is larger, in of story.

Till then in solo and small group encounters Stamina builds are complete and utter easy mode compared to Magicka builds. You can argue this simple point have ever you want, however it'll just unveil your true nature as a PvPer.
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Sorcs are more powerful than ever (just not as easy to use), magblades are incredibly powerful, and fun to play with shadow image. Don't have a magicka DK, but a guild mate of mine wrecks people with his doing 10k whips in Cyrodiil. When it comes to how easy it is to play stamina vs magicka I would say it depends on the class, and context. In PvP stamina is easier with DKs, magicka is by far easier with Templars, and it's about even with sorcs and Nightblades. In PvE it's just easier with magicka across the board, although stamina is now king of DPS because of maelstrom daggers, but that doesn't necessarily mean stamina is best. In PvP though, magicka Templars are outperforming everyone. So no, stamina is not easy mode.

Magblade is incredibly difficult to play and is one of the weaker classes at the moment in PvP simply because all of its abilities cost so much magicka (except funnel health) so you either give up all sustain to hit decently hard or you sacrifice damage and hit relatively weak. It is fun to play it's basically what I play 90% of the time because of that reason. It's not even close to stamblade i don't have to sacrifice anything on my stamblade and I use Shadow image just as effectively as magicka users. That's another benefit stamina classes have they can still use their class magicka skills effectively. Where as a magicka user can use no stamina skills for the most part. MagSorcs are still ok in 1v1 i agree but they are weaker than every stam class at the moment. Mag dk wrecking with 10k whips lol maybe against a vampire with no points into elemental defender. And than Templar, the thing with mag Templar is if you can't kill them they can't kill you, but stam Templar you may not be able to kill them but they can still kill you. Every stam class is better than their magicka counterpart at the moment which I'm fine with because I'll play the class i like regardless because it's a game and I just want to have fun. And if you are good any class can be good. I still can kill groups of 4 or 5 on my magblade, but when I fight better players closer to my skill level it's weakness are glaring. I do agree magicka is much easier in PvE though just because being at range is a huge advantage in PvP as well as shields still being OP in PvE. And magplars are out performing everyone in PvP at what exactly besides healing? Maybe zerging i guess
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yea . I play both and it is much easier on stamina for me .
    Options
  • Allister101_ESO
    Allister101_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    No
    For one thing, most people in this post are completely uneducated about this topic, and it shows. I have had multiple friends try stamina this patch, admit it's way harder than it looks and went back to Mag, these are good players that have been theory crafting buddies of mine for a while now, and i finally got them to admit that stam is over all a harder playstyle, and harder play styles usually have higher rewards, that's all there is to it.

The thing about stam right now making it seem 'OP', is the syngery of sets for stam users have never been better, so to the point of the person saying they should be complaining about imbalanced sets if anything, I 100% agree with.
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If this poll shows nothing else it shows currently, 54% of people are playing stamina, 40% of people are playing magicka & 5% are roll playing or don't know what is going on.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not Sure
    Meh.

It´s easier to do something useful on magica - that´s true.

Once ppl reach a certain point in their abilities to play the game and knowledge of enemies they are fighting stamina is more versatile than magica. For everything other than magica templar the stamina class equivalent has: More Burst, better survivability, better maneuverability and better sustain when compared to their magica counterpart.

For every class except for templar you´re seeing more stamina specs running around as a result of this. Nightblades - stamina. Dragonknights - stamina. Sorcerers - hell even sorcs are mostly stamina specced nowadays.

However i don´t think stamina is overpowered per se. It´s the set options currently in the game coupled with the potential that using the right poisons and certain very good skills and passives that give stamina an edge (mostly talking about certain set combinations allowing ppl to kill someone fully aware of their presence and their incoming attack without the chance to fight back).
    Magica needs something equivalent to viper, velidreth, widowmaker, tavas (let´s be real that one is a stam set simply bc magica can´t dodge reliably to keep it active) the god damn freaking overpowered unchained passive and last but not least the end all be all skill and the corresponding ultimate: vigor and dbos.
    Edited by Derra on August 6, 2016 10:10PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For one thing, most people in this post are completely uneducated about this topic, and it shows. I have had multiple friends try stamina this patch,.. .

Do you not see the irony of your statement?

Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    For one thing, most people in this post are completely uneducated about this topic, and it shows. I have had multiple friends try stamina this patch, admit it's way harder than it looks and went back to Mag, these are good players that have been theory crafting buddies of mine for a while now, and i finally got them to admit that stam is over all a harder playstyle, and harder play styles usually have higher rewards, that's all there is to it.

The thing about stam right now making it seem 'OP', is the syngery of sets for stam users have never been better, so to the point of the person saying they should be complaining about imbalanced sets if anything, I 100% agree with.

So let me get this right....you have friends that have been playing magicka class for a year or so & you are expecting them to switch to a stamina playstyle & because they couldn't get it "right away" they said it was harder????
    I bet they sucked at magicka playstyle back in the day when they first started too. You don't get gud over night bud.
    Edited by kaithuzar on August 6, 2016 11:50PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
    Options
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Strange thing is I never really thought so but recently things have changed my mind. In a mass battle 20+ very few people run in and so a lot of bows and magic and healing flying round. But recently I thought I would have a look in IC again. And that showed me just how over powered stamina players are in small groups/solo PvP.

A magic player can maybe use break out 1 or 2 times, stamina it seems limit less. The damage and spamability of 2H weapons is just insane. 30K in about 4 seconds with the first blow knocking me on my ass and just watching my health be pummelled. Traps and snares seem pointless as they just break out of all of them.

When I lose to a magic player its because they out play me when I lose to a stamina player it tends to be because the battle was over in under 5 seconds and I spent most of it CCed.
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    AshTal wrote: »
    Strange thing is I never really thought so but recently things have changed my mind. In a mass battle 20+ very few people run in and so a lot of bows and magic and healing flying round. But recently I thought I would have a look in IC again. And that showed me just how over powered stamina players are in small groups/solo PvP.

A magic player can maybe use break out 1 or 2 times, stamina it seems limit less. The damage and spamability of 2H weapons is just insane. 30K in about 4 seconds with the first blow knocking me on my ass and just watching my health be pummelled. Traps and snares seem pointless as they just break out of all of them.

When I lose to a magic player its because they out play me when I lose to a stamina player it tends to be because the battle was over in under 5 seconds and I spent most of it CCed.

A magicka player can easily build enough stamina regen/cost reduction or restore it with skills to be able to break free every 8 seconds and have more for dodges etc. That's the same argument as the stam NBs telling you they can only Cloak 3 times before they are out of magicka.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I don't like the premise behind this. Equality should be a good thing, but lets face it, Stamina was behind for a very long time. I'm tired of the implication that people who play stamina are inferior players. The truth of the matter is we were fighting with one arm tied behind our backs for a very long time, and then all of a sudden we were made slightly better. Boom, adversity + the right kind of nerfs/buffs are a perfect storm. There are also still strong magic builds. I do think most of the problems are around the fact that mag/stam scales damage and mitigation, but health does very little.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I don't like the premise behind this. Equality should be a good thing, but lets face it, Stamina was behind for a very long time. I'm tired of the implication that people who play stamina are inferior players. The truth of the matter is we were fighting with one arm tied behind our backs for a very long time, and then all of a sudden we were made slightly better. Boom, adversity + the right kind of nerfs/buffs are a perfect storm. There are also still strong magic builds. I do think most of the problems are around the fact that mag/stam scales damage and mitigation, but health does very little.

Well stamina has never been bad in PvP it's always been pretty good. All except stam sorc, but stam dk and stam nightblade were in the top 3 along with mag sorc. I think when people say how good magicka was they are only thinking of magicka sorc and not realizing that there are another 3 classes. In pve though stamina did really need some buffs
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

A magicka player can easily build enough stamina regen/cost reduction or restore it with skills to be able to break free every 8 seconds and have more for dodges etc. That's the same argument as the stam NBs telling you they can only Cloak 3 times before they are out of magicka.

That depends on the class. A sorc with 20K stacked shields can afford to spend all his stamina on CC breaking and the odd dodge roll, but a mDK has to rely on block to be able to survive the insane bursts stam specs can put out nowadays, which makes CC breaking every 8 seconds tricky after a while.
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No

Well stamina has never been bad in PvP it's always been pretty good. All except stam sorc, but stam dk and stam nightblade were in the top 3 along with mag sorc. I think when people say how good magicka was they are only thinking of magicka sorc and not realizing that there are another 3 classes. In pve though stamina did really need some buffs

Or you just didn't play pre 1.6.
    Sharee wrote: »
    ToRelax wrote: »

That depends on the class. A sorc with 20K stacked shields can afford to spend all his stamina on CC breaking and the odd dodge roll, but a mDK has to rely on block to be able to survive the insane bursts stam specs can put out nowadays, which makes CC breaking every 8 seconds tricky after a while.

Well that's like saying the Sorc will get magicka problems if he dodges constantly, sure he will, but the solution is to either dodge less or increase his stamina sustain. Magicka DKs have to make sure they retain enough stamina for the next cc break or take a huge risk, just like any other magicka class. It's not as simple to do that since they use stamina for their main defense, yes, but that doesn't mean it's impossible and they die after being feared the third time.
    Their passives (Helping Hands & Battle Roar) help a lot more with that then the 20% stam regen sorcs get, especially if the DK is blocking. Also, everyone has access to Annulment now to deal with burst damage.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • X_NOVIA_X
    X_NOVIA_X
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No. We use stamina for our self heals, cc breaks, and dps. Magicka has the pleasure of having a seperate pool they only use while sprinting or breaking cc.
    Options
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's easier ... but not easier.

Stamina is far more important on the average Magicka build then Magicka is to the average stamina.

It's easier to put out DPS on stamina character IMO. Not necessarily survive. I don't have an actual build for my stam builds in pvp though. I pvp in pve gear so i melt.
    Edited by Essiaga on August 8, 2016 2:04PM
    Options
  • JohunBleek
    JohunBleek
    ✭✭✭
    Not Sure
    I feel like it can be with everyone running the same build -> spam dizzy swing into dawnbreaker into execute while rngeezus (shuffle) keeps you alive. It's not easy to spam one ability with magic and be successful, although it's no problem with stamina. Seriously, look at the dizzy swing and dawnbreaker of smiting tool tip, they're real close to the same initial burst damage. just being hit with that "combo" drops health super quick, and it's not too hard to do.
    Best NB NA
    Options
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Stam like playing on Easy Mode?

Don't care because it's temporary like everything in ESO.

Options
  • ThulsaDoomDC
    ThulsaDoomDC
    ✭✭✭
    No
    The problem with most stam classes and when I say this I mean bow 2h builds, Any other unqieu builds I tip my hat off to you for theory crafting, is that your front bar at a minimum has 4 required skills. Crit charge, uppercut, executioner and rally. Bow bar probably has poison injection, shuffle and vigor. This only gives stam classes 3 skill slots not including ultimates to play around with. So it seems like every build is the same. I wouldn't say it's easy, pvp is only as hard as your skill. I would just say it's probably less unique and versatile.

For example, I have loved and will always love magicka dks. The possibilities are endless and you can really theory craft with most magicka classes.

Btw @DKsUnite I'm really loving your build.
    XBOX NA - mDK CP 488
    Better Dead Than Red
    Options
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka is superior in terms of survivability, and resource management. Damage really depends on the class. Overall it's easier to play magicka in this game. The only advantage stamina has (and it's a big one) in PvP is the fact that they have a larger stamina pool which make CCs less punishing for them.

How can draining the same pool of your main DPS and heals not punishing?
    It's simply bad design end of story.
    Options
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see what the problem is.
    One day I simply traded in my Resto staff for a bow/2-hander setup and became about twice as "skilled" at the game overnight.
    Total coincidence.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
    Options
  • DynastyIXII
    DynastyIXII
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I played magicka based classes for most my ESO experience. I've been playing stamina for the last 3-4 months however. Stamina definitely fits me more but I find that in order to survive fights where i'm out numbered I really have to make use of the terrain. As a magicka nb or templar, I was able to either get out of situations at will (as nb) and take control of the fight really easy, as a templar, I just healed through the dmg. I can't do any of that on my stamplar or stam sorc, I can't just eat damage and I constantly have to buff up and manuver around in order to deal damage and survive. Also I found in my experience, when going for EMP, magicka based classes trump stamina.
    PS4 NA
    Options
  • Attackopsn
    Attackopsn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of this addresses the real problem. The real issue in cyrodiil is the new wave of health-based lightning staff and bow argonian dks spamming stone fist. We as a community need to stop pretending that stamina or magicka builds are the problem!
    ign: ATTACKO
    PS4 NA
    First NA Completion of VMoL Hard Mode

Options
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

When I play stamina I am an inferior player. I get lazy, I make more mistakes and I still dominate magic builds outside of maybe Temps. Sorry, but there it is.
    As magic I can break maybe two CCs and then I'm dead (it's almost not worth bothering breaking really), I can maybe get two dodges rolls away from the enemy before I'm locked down and out of stamina and dead.

As someone said above, if a stamina build runs out of magic then they are mildly inconvenienced for a short amount of time. If a magic build runs out of stamina they are dead.

Some people might not like it but some of us play more than one kind of build and if I can put on my rank 100ish leather gear and do a better job across the board than when I'm in my yellow 160 rank magic light armour then you know something is up.

I'm currently working towards the leather to make my full 160 leather set. Playing a Magblade feels like pulling teeth next to Stamblade. The ONLY thing Magblade does better (not that it can't do things well, just that stamina does nearly everything better) is spam stealth. That's it. I can hide better while everyone around me starts dying.
    Edited by CapuchinSeven on August 11, 2016 4:06PM
    Options