The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Bugs after patch

• Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Puncturing sweeps from the magic Templar Aedrich skill line has taken a hit on an already low dps ability. Is this intentional?

Saw another thread about this. Was there another Templar stealth nerf this patch?
    Edited by Moloch1514 on August 2, 2016 4:18PM
    PC-NA
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    I'm of the opinion ZOS should spend the next 6-12 months on QUALITY OF LIFE updates for the game rather than adding or changing anything on the game's ecosystem.

Everything from building a proper launcher comparable to that of Blizzard to actually going through each subsystem of the game with a fine-tooth-comb and fix everything to a proper acceptable level... and then, and only then, add anything new.

...but that's just me thinking as a fellow software developer...
    Edited by Korax on August 2, 2016 4:35PM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lolssi wrote: »
    Logged in and game said I was returned some skill points even though no skills were resetted. Thanks for the extra skill points though :)

Of my five Vet characters, two got this message, and three did not. The characters who had "Skill points reset" actually had all their Champion points reset, probably because I had not actually reapplied them since they were reset after the PREVIOUS DLC drop. No actual skill points were reset on any of my characters (8 different races, all four classes).
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on August 2, 2016 5:26PM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bugs noticed so far (on PC, NA, using 64-bit client from launcher):
    • Ruins of Mazzatun: the final reward urn drops a level ONE item (doing the dungeon first time in NONVET mode, scaled to cp90). Gorgeous dungeon otherwise, but I'd hate to get that sort of slap in the face if I had done it in vet mode. Update: apparently a hotfix was put in on August 3.
    • Ruins of Mazzatun: final audio dialogue after killing final boss is repeated for each person in group, and the audio overlaps - very messed up (but cosmetic).
    • My altmer Sorc has a new intermittent purplish glow around them, which can disappear or reappear after rezoning or going through doors. It looks a bit like the dromathra skin effect (but I do not have anything like that, and also not wearing any Maw gear). Another sorc in a group dungeon also reported the same visual effect, but I could not see it on him.
    • Various NPCs (bankers, merchants etc) that I have interacted with seem to sometimes default to having a frowny face, mouth corners turned down. This goes away if you interact with them a second time.
    • Various NPCs (bankers, merchants etc) STILL won't look at you, unless you exit interact with them a second time - same bug that appeared during the DB DLC. It is not quite as consistent as before; I don't know if any work has been done on a fix.
    • My Templar auto-sheathes weapons unexpectedly sometimes. Has not been fatal yet, fortunately. This is new to update 11, for me.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on August 3, 2016 3:21PM
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant group with anyone at all
    When I inv people it does not work
    When they inv me it normally does not work
    When I finally get into a group they can not give me crown

Started a thread about it... troubleshooted like 9 different ways. Spent money on the game and was kicked and couldnt get back on for ages, finally get back on and cant group to play the game anyways.

FUN
    I'm having the same issue.

On two separate occasions when I accepted a group invitation I was placed in group with another person.

My UI showed me being in a group. However, no one else was actually IN the group, even though their names were on my group frames and in the party window.

I was also unable to LEAVE this pseudo group. Doing so requires a game restart and exiting the group once I log back in.

Not to mention the group finder seems to be busted again.

:|
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    If my toon has dyed a costume, it might also obtain a very sour expression on its face. The corners of the Toon's mouth are turned down.
    Asata wrote: »
    The patch appears to have made my DK a total sourpuss.

LM3SmRw.jpg

Which costume are you guys using, and which dyes?

My main seems to be stuck in a perpetual scowl now, as well. Not using any costumes on her, just dyed Breton robes.

(Ironic, because I've spent two years wishing I'd made her smile a little more at character creation (which I couldn't see very well because she was my second character created and I couldn't zoom in on her during creation), waited two years to tweak her smile, got really excited about finally having the opportunity to fix this, then found out that the cost of doing a tiny tweak was the same as a full overhaul. I decided not to do the change, as the idea of paying for a full overhaul for a tiny tweak is absurd--and something I can't believe you guys can even defend to yourselves, much less justify to us.

Now, this happens, and it's like you guys are just F-ing with me.)
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina Bruno - what about the top tier writ surveys still giving void materials? Could you plase confirm that this is also going to be fixed soon? I'm wasting a lot of ruby materials while getting back useless materials.

Another bug: Order of the Hour style is still called Akatosh Style in your lore library, and the icons and text is missing, and the bokks themselves are empty.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    If my toon has dyed a costume, it might also obtain a very sour expression on its face. The corners of the Toon's mouth are turned down.
    Asata wrote: »
    The patch appears to have made my DK a total sourpuss.

LM3SmRw.jpg

Which costume are you guys using, and which dyes?

My main seems to be stuck in a perpetual scowl now, as well. Not using any costumes on her, just dyed Breton robes.

(Ironic, because I've spent two years wishing I'd made her smile a little more at character creation (which I couldn't see very well because she was my second character created and I couldn't zoom in on her during creation), waited two years to tweak her smile, got really excited about finally having the opportunity to fix this, then found out that the cost of doing a tiny tweak was the same as a full overhaul. I decided not to do the change, as the idea of paying for a full overhaul for a tiny tweak is absurd--and something I can't believe you guys can even defend to yourselves, much less justify to us.

Now, this happens, and it's like you guys are just F-ing with me.)
    Huh. Which dyes did you use? Wonder if it's tied to a specific dye, for whatever weird reason.

Carbonised wrote: »
    Gina Bruno - what about the top tier writ surveys still giving void materials? Could you plase confirm that this is also going to be fixed soon? I'm wasting a lot of ruby materials while getting back useless materials.
    As mentioned on the previous page, this will be addressed in an incremental patch. :)
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on August 2, 2016 6:19PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    We're investigating a number of issues called out in this thread, but to give a few updates...

@ZOS_GinaBruno Is there an actual ETA for this? I can see the griefing becoming very real very quickly once word of this gets out
    This was actually hotfixed last night, and should no longer be an issue.

[/quote]

It seems the first created character has this sad expression, no other character have that (hard to say with the beast races :p).
    It was gone, but now it is there again.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Auroan
    Auroan
    ✭✭✭
    A few things I'd like to share as well.

1: This has been happening since DBH release, and I waited for this new update to see if it fixed it, but it's still happening. When using the Blade of Woe on an enemy who is close to an object that shouldn't be passable (Closet, Cabinet, etc), with certain animations (mainly the one where you quickly move behind the individual for a back stab), your character will end up being placed within the un-passable object and will be stuck there. I have some photos below of me being stuck. I was in 3rd person view during this, btw, but the camera being stuck in the cabinet with me in this one placed me in 1st and all sorts of other messy positions.

2. When originally receiving Enlightenment bonus, you'll just see a transparent outline of the amount of XP you'll receive on your XP bar, and if it crosses into the next level, you won't see how far it is until you level up. Now, however, it bugs out at times (mainly after logging in, or entering a new area). Instead of seeing the transparent bar fill your XP up to indicate where your Enlightenment ends, the bar fills up, and levels your Champion Level, almost as if instead of giving you the Enlightenment XP bonus, it's straight up giving you the XP for free. For example, I was CP 501, but multiple times today, the XP bar would fill up and level me up to CP 502 on it's own instead of just showing me the Transparent line. Note that this is just a visual glitch, as it does re-adjust itself to show the transparent Enlightenment bar and puts me back at CP 501 instead of CP 502.

In regards to people who are having the DK facial issues, I can't say for sure, but I don't think it has anything to do with DK's in specific. I know my DK had it, but that was because I was using the Furious personality beforehand and even though my characters body changed back to normal after removing the Personality, the face remained the same, and would sometimes go on and off again. It wasn't until I put on the Assassin Personality (whom has a regular facial express) and then removed it, did it also remove the Furious face.
    Edited by Auroan on August 2, 2016 6:50PM
    "And the Scrolls have foretold, of black wings in the cold,
    That when brothers wage war come unfurled!
    Alduin, Bane of Kings, ancient shadow unbound,
    With a hunger to swallow the world!"
    54k Achievement Point Club
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    The sad expression was gone now - is it random? I don't use costumes from collection and I didn't color costumes. And it is my 2nd char, and I don't use any personalities. And I'm not member of thief or dark brotherhood guild and I'm templar. Wierd.

Edit:
    could there be something else my character could react to? Because really the only thing I did was to log on and break down a few swords. So yes, maybe from the crafting? That could have the similar look/animation (sorry if someone said that already)
    Edited by Mandragora on August 2, 2016 7:11PM
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh. Which dyes did you use? Wonder if it's tied to a specific dye, for whatever weird reason.

Can't say the exact color by name, because I'm at work and can't check, but I can say my color scheme is nothing like @Asata's. Mine is a teal and gold pattern.

It's not a huge change. Like I said, I've spent years thinking she was just a little too serious-looking, but now she's scowling. Subtle but noticeable. I might be able to get a before/after screenshot up this evening, if it's any help at all.

"A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    Did you do some crafting?
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mandragora wrote: »

Yeah, I crafted for writs and later deconstructed the day's loot.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, my DK had the sourpuss face as well. I haven't dyed her armor at all. It is the original color that comes with the Assassins medium armor, legendary v16. I did apply the wing tat to her face and took it off after a few hours since it totally removed all of her makeup. Maybe she didn't like the tat? ;) Haven't seen her be a sourpuss since I took it off.
    Edited by Seravi on August 2, 2016 8:14PM
  • Aneca
    Aneca
    ✭✭
    Not sure if it has been mentioned, but along with Mannimarco's costume being undyeable, the headpiece cannot be hidden and my toons lose their hair after a few minutes of being online.
  • Arthmoor
    Arthmoor
    ✭✭✭
    Uncle Sheo's been helping again, hasn't he...

(PC NA)

0a01.jpg

Oh good, it's not just me then. I saw that come up a few times last night and thought it was due to an addon. I guess not :P
  • Arthmoor
    Arthmoor
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno A couple of things I didn't see mentioned. I may be blind though....

Kari and Spencer Rye (the repeatable quest givers for the Thieves Guild) both have stiff plastic looking facial expressions now and don't lip sync their audio anymore. Plus the audio itself is now significantly delayed when talking to them.

Dark Cloak sounds terrible. Like someone dragging a large object through water or something.

Last night a guildmate and I were trying to set up to group for the silver Undaunted pledge. We tried for a good 10 minutes to group together and no matter what he did, he could not form the group. It kept telling HIM that I immediately left, but would show me that we had grouped and that he was leading. So I ended up doing it.

It took 4 tries once that was done to pass lead over to him, and then we tried to queue up for the dungeon finder. Spent almost an hour trying to get that to work but it simply got stuck every time and did nothing.

Then after we gave up, he disbanded the group and it told him that failed while succeeding on my end. We spent the rest of the night stuck in a quasi-grouped state because of it.
  • Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a group bug, sometimes cant see being in group, sometimes can't leave group. It takes a relog to fix.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Ruins of Mazzatun: the final reward urn drops a level ONE item (doing the dungeon first time in NONVET mode, scaled to cp90). Gorgeous dungeon otherwise, but I'd hate to get that sort of slap in the face if I had done it in vet mode.

This issue has been noted by ZoS in this thread, and will be hotfixed at some point. In the meantime, if you complete the two new (Shadows of the Hist) Group Dungeons and get the quest completion reward Urn, save and DO NOT OPEN IT.
    Update: hotfixed on August 3.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on August 3, 2016 3:24PM
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    Housing Editor - Furniture Manager?

This error popped up when I did a reloadui after turning on out of date add-ons:

EsoUI/Ingame/HousingEditor/SharedFurnitureManager.lua:74: attempt to index a nil value
    stack traceback:
    EsoUI/Ingame/HousingEditor/SharedFurnitureManager.lua:74: in function 'ZO_SharedFurnitureManager:CreateOrUpdateItemDataEntry'
    EsoUI/Ingame/HousingEditor/SharedFurnitureManager.lua:29: in function 'ZO_SharedFurnitureManager:OnSingleSlotInventoryUpdate'
    EsoUI/Ingame/HousingEditor/SharedFurnitureManager.lua:13: in function 'callback'
    EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:111: in function 'ZO_CallbackObject:FireCallbacks'
    EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/SharedInventory.lua:109: in function 'OnInventorySlotUpdated'

• CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cant group with anyone at all
    When I inv people it does not work
    When they inv me it normally does not work
    When I finally get into a group they can not give me crown

Started a thread about it... troubleshooted like 9 different ways. Spent money on the game and was kicked and couldnt get back on for ages, finally get back on and cant group to play the game anyways.

FUN
    I'm having the same issue.

On two separate occasions when I accepted a group invitation I was placed in group with another person.

My UI showed me being in a group. However, no one else was actually IN the group, even though their names were on my group frames and in the party window.

I was also unable to LEAVE this pseudo group. Doing so requires a game restart and exiting the group once I log back in.

Not to mention the group finder seems to be busted again.

:|

Group tool is very messed up. All day having problems with it in my guild. Invisible thing is a big bug.
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthmoor wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Kari and Spencer Rye (the repeatable quest givers for the Thieves Guild) both have stiff plastic looking facial expressions now and don't lip sync their audio anymore. Plus the audio itself is now significantly delayed when talking to them.

**The whole of Hew's Bane is behaving this way for me; tried to do a TG quest, and got the "delayed audio, no mouth moving at all" bit. Traveled to the Gold Coast and all the NPCs were fine.

**Also, if you use the Assassin personality and finish a writ and try to open the reward container while your character is flipping the knife, nothing happens; you cannot take the contents nor back out of the list of contents, you must move your character to exit the list. Remove the Assassin personality, and it works fine again. Quite odd.
  • atreides
    atreides
    ✭✭
    Was able to confirm distorted high pitch ringing when a skill is activated. Difficult to describe but my Evasion and Merciless skill for my nightblade has distortion to those skill sounds. I had two other people confirm this is happening on their end as well. My nephew also plays a Nightblade on ESO for Xbox One and he does not have those sound distortions for those skills. So I believe the culprit is the new patch that was released.

To be certain I reinstalled audio drivers and also logged onto eso using my mac and its the same case. Like I said before had two other people confirm this. This may not seem like a big deal but I use Astro a50 headset and its clearly audible and it gets extremely annoying. My nephew also owns Astro a50 for his xbox one console and this is not happening to him because he hasn't installed the new patch yet as this update will be released mid August for console users.
  • TAGGARDWARF
    TAGGARDWARF
    Soul Shriven
    yep i'm getting that high pitched ringing on several abilities. super annoying =/ hope it gets a fix very soon, I have to play with sound off as of right now.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got this yesterday on my Orc Stamina Templar - a permanent glossy effect covering all my character.

i9i6B5k.jpg
    Here the odd looking hair:
    gkTytNR.jpg
    No special effects active:
    1oRiTyZ.jpg
    With pulse from Rally (2H)
    rszylAs.jpg

Edited by Gargath on August 3, 2016 10:12AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mandragora wrote: »

Yeah, I crafted for writs and later deconstructed the day's loot.

I had the same problem on one of my characters. Unhiding her helm and then hiding it again fixed the problem.

I didnt dye anything or change equip. All outlaws equip. I did do some crafting as well so perhaps it is tied to blacksmithing as someone speculated earlier.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Arthmoor wrote: »

(PC NA)

0a01.jpg

Oh good, it's not just me then. I saw that come up a few times last night and thought it was due to an addon. I guess not :P

Whoops, thanks! We're working on this one. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By logging today I got this weird look on magicka sorcerer.
    Not permanent effect, it's like this for a while, than character looks normal without any particular action made, than again starts his green and transparent form.

AOp4dH6.jpg
    Zen86Jv.jpg
    Here when Boundless Storm is active:
    a6jracd.jpg

PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Bucky Balls
    Bucky Balls
    ✭✭✭
    this:
    I had a weird freeze effect. I could run around but I couldn't interact.....

and this:

(PC NA)

0a01.jpg

Also some random crashes. All post-patch.

The wayshrine text is cosmetic, the first one, once more is another classic 'bug-fix-that-introduces-new-ones' that we've despairingly come to expect from zos poor coding/lack of proper testing. The game freezes happen frequently and require game shutdown restart....then freeze...ad nauseaum.

Servers down 1 day for patch which once more breaks the game. servers down for another day for 'maintenance'.

Can you please just stop 'fixing' things in the game that actually work?