Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ALL MOTIFS UPDATED LIST

• ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    GreAt thread!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    Kinda intrigued as to where you got the information about the Undaunted Monster helms. You've probably seen the same picture from dataminers that I have, but that didn't provide names for the extra helms. Particularly strange is the way you've assigned extra helms to dungeons which already have a helm, e.g. suggesting that Slimecraw the crocodile would drop from Wayrest Sewers when there's already Malubeth the Scourger from there.

So yes, I'd like more information about those :).

This is what I came up with a few months ago when I was looking at the datamined data:
    pw7SJ.png

Turns out that the new Argonian-themed dungeons have helms which weren't on that list at all, though.

I did extensive research of every group dungeon in ESO. There were a few overlaps in bosses (ex. two different lurcher bosses) which made choosing difficult, but in the end it was mostly a long process of elimination and making sense of stuff.

I assure you that the bosses I picked are correct :)

Many bosses were picked in a similar way to Slimecraw. That is the dungeon which drops the Scourge Harvester set, but is instead found on the normal mode. Many of the monster sets come from normal mode bosses.

Also, they've all been datamined for a long time. "clivia" (Molag Kena) and "grievoust" (Lord Warden) were in the game probably since the very start (Imperial City existed in the game but was finished a long time afterward). Any new dungeons like Ruins of Mazzatun or Cradle of Shadows were never going to use these datamined helms. No future group dungeons which are 100% new will use the unobtainable Monster Sets either.

My guess is a strange group dungeon overhaul will raise some difficulties and make these all obtainable one day.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ****Updated for v2.5.5! :)
  • G-sus_NL
    G-sus_NL
    ✭✭
    Really like the glow on the Hallowjack set, ZoS should redo the Xivkyn so it has red glowing parts like in Skyrim.
    PSN: G-sus - EU - Daggerfall Covenant - DW DK Imperial
  • Abob
    Abob
    ✭✭✭

l5DryGc.jpg

gmy5Cui.jpg

Ok! So you add this to the game without adding a transmog system.

WWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????????????????????
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just found a DRO-M'ATHRA for sale to check. It is 10/10 requirement. Minotaur doesn't show any requirement so expect 1/1.

DRO1.jpg

MIN1.jpg
    Edited by SpAEkus on August 3, 2016 12:14AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    Just found a DRO-M'ATHRA for sale to check. It is 10/10 requirement. Minotaur doesn't show any requirement so expect 1/1.

DRO1.jpg

So they finally spelled it correctly now. Nice! It's been "Dromothra" for awhile in past datamines.

I never put the skill level requirements for motifs but I might add that in eventually. Thank you :)

Edited by Vaoh on August 3, 2016 12:16AM
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is amazing! It's already helped me out so much.

One thing I'm wondering though. Does anyone have a picture of the 'Order of the Hour' stave?
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Found this link: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Order_of_the_Hour_Style
    This thread is amazing! It's already helped me out so much.

One thing I'm wondering though. Does anyone have a picture of the 'Order of the Hour' stave?
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Aemon_Isklexi
    Aemon_Isklexi
    ✭✭✭
    I just ran a dark sacrament and didn't get any motif drop from a flawless run, so a flawless run doesn't guarantee a drop. :'(

I did get a black beeswax from breaking down the gloves I did get as a reward though, so there's a silver lining I guess.
    "I do not carry such information in my mind since it is readily available in books. ...The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think." ~Albert Einstein
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just ran a dark sacrament and didn't get any motif drop from a flawless run, so a flawless run doesn't guarantee a drop. :'(

I did get a black beeswax from breaking down the gloves I did get as a reward though, so there's a silver lining I guess.

Thanks for letting me know. That's unfortunate :/

ZOS needs to be a little more clear when they write out these things. Should've been a 100% chance (and would've made sense) but apparently it isn't. Updating the guide now.
  • Aemon_Isklexi
    Aemon_Isklexi
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I was hoping to steadily chip away at it using just my magblade, but it looks like I'll have to flail away at the stealth missions with my other characters too.
    "I do not carry such information in my mind since it is readily available in books. ...The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think." ~Albert Einstein
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    That Hollowjack!
    Finally something that can be matched to the Skoria set :D
  • Aemon_Isklexi
    Aemon_Isklexi
    ✭✭✭
    I got a DB motif drop on one of my characters, so it's not bugged. It's just not 100% on a flawless run.
  • Alp
    Alp
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten drops on my last 3 sacrament runs so the chance is not bad.
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you get a female picture for medium or light minotaur?
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    Can you get a female picture for medium or light minotaur?

The picture sections from my post come almost exclusively from ESO Fashion now. When they update, I update soon after as well. I used to get pictures from a ton of sources, but they have overtime been taken down.

Since I play on console I cannot gain access to PTS, where I would craft everything in a day. :( I'll let you know when I add the female Minotaur picture.
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can the crafted weapons be added as well :)

Thank you!
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some pictures of all the new motifs Dark Brotherhood, DromAthra, Minotaur, Order of the Hour: Link . Lights and Heavys miss little parts. Mediums are complete. They are undyed and dye tests are in separate folder.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • CometStrike
    CometStrike
    ✭✭
    Is it possible to get Motif chapters (more specifically Minotaur and Order Hour) by doing the Gold Coast World Boss dailies with sub-lvl-50 characters? I'm at 0 out of 12 tries for low levels, which got me wondering. I still got a few Assasins League chapters off the bosses themselves, though
    PC/EU (AD)
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible to get Motif chapters (more specifically Minotaur and Order Hour) by doing the Gold Coast World Boss dailies with sub-lvl-50 characters? I'm at 0 out of 12 tries for low levels, which got me wondering. I still got a few Assasins League chapters off the bosses themselves, though
    I believe i got several with below-50 toons. I can't be sure because the farm was hectic jumping from toon to toon.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You've had some bad RNG I'm afraid :| Never was mentioned if your character's level affects drop rate.

Either way, the zone is scaled to CP160 so it shouldn't really matter.

I say it's bad RNG unless someone else has more info on it than me! :)
  • Botak
    Botak
    ✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

You've had some bad RNG I'm afraid :| Never was mentioned if your character's level affects drop rate.

is there a quest to do the daily or just go and kill which already count as daily?

Thanks
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread should be pinned.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Botak wrote: »

is there a quest to do the daily or just go and kill which already count as daily?

Thanks

Minotaur and Order of the Hour motifs drop from daily quest reward box. The bosses may drop older motif pages on death. You can do both quests once every day per character. Make sure that you return the quest before picking the next. You can't have both sctive same time.

The quests are shareable and difficult to solo. That's why there are LFMs on zone chat all the time. Join the group. Leader keeps sharing the quest to the group. If you got the quest and no LFMs is open, then make yourself the group. In EU/PC these groups popped every five minutes when i was farming them the first week.

Join the farming right now. Soon the activity may slow down and people move elsewhere.
  • CometStrike
    CometStrike
    ✭✭

You were right, got a page on a low lvl today :smile:
    PC/EU (AD)
  • medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    @Vaoh, I think I love you.
  • Xerosus
    Xerosus
    ✭✭✭
    So DB isn't a guaranteed drop like Thieves Guild... oh joy.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm confused by your numbering. Both Ebony and Dark Brotherhood are listed as #36, and both Celestial and Order of the Hour are listed as #40. Also #38 and #41 are missing.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I'm confused by your numbering. Both Ebony and Dark Brotherhood are listed as #36, and both Celestial and Order of the Hour are listed as #40. Also #38 and #41 are missing.

As Dark Brotherhood and Order of the Hour are in the live game, I would wager they'll stay the same and either Ebony & Celestial will get renumbered or will never see the light of day and were some sort of behind-the-scenes test items we were never meant to know about (notice how Yokudan never was released).
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.