Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 11 Guide: ESO Style Parlor"

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kelna wrote: »
    Lara1701 wrote: »
    I maintain that itemized charges for appearance re-customization makes more sense than an exorbitant flat rate. A change to the eyes? 30 crowns. Adjust the height slider? 50 crowns. Re-do aging? 25 crowns.

I support this.. I would like to simply remove an adornment or face marking from one of my characters (can't remember which of those 2 she has on her) that I didn't notice while rushing to make her during release day, when I wanted to get the name before anyone else. I really shouldn't have to spend 1000 crowns to remove one item.

While I don't like pricey flat rates, I don't like being charged individually for each little thing, either. The more little individual micro costs there are, the harder it is to keep track of costs and the more predatory it feels. It is like having the salesman lurking behind you taking note of everything you touch.
    Edited by Elsonso on July 31, 2016 12:28PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should make changes that don't involve body shape--hair style, hair color, jewelry/adornments, and tattoos--changeable with in-game gold. Maybe make it a subscriber perk.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    They should make changes that don't involve body shape--hair style, hair color, jewelry/adornments, and tattoos--changeable with in-game gold. Maybe make it a subscriber perk.

Well, to a certain degree, that is exactly what they are doing.

They are making a lot of the appearance stuff into "Costumes" that come from the Collection menu and are shared across the entire account (server restrictions apply). This includes hair style, but I also think it will include other types of stuff.

You get to use this, at no additional charge, whether you are ESO Plus or not. They make their millions by selling you hair styles and other "costume stuff", including selling you the stuff you already have.

What they will do is sell us all the base game stuff individually. There will be the $10 Hair Pack, then the $10 beard pack, then the $10 jewelry pack, followed by whatever other packs they can think of, and they will pack us to death selling things that are already in the game.

Honestly, for 1000 Crowns, we should get the Hair Pack, and every other customization that is already in the game that they allow us to change, or plan to let us change in the future, from the Collections menu. And, I might add, the 1000 Crowns is a concession to the convenience of the appearance change in the game and something to prevent their hand from getting cold due to being out of our pocket for too long. This should be free to every player, and would be in a game where the accountants did not have the last say over how game design was being done.
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought that the hair styles pack was all the premium styles they will be adding with update 11, when I figured it was the hairs I already bought with my purchase of the base game... Well, I'm not really happy to by something twice, so I might not. It feels weird having to change my hair style through the collections menu than through an in game "barber" for gold.

I'm not upset about the prices in the crown store though, I think these are kinda fair but having no way to do little changes in game for gold is what disappoints me, it could have been such an immersive thing should they've added a face sculptor like in TESV: Skyrim. :)
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no intention of ever using these items. But I agree that these prices are way too high. I'm not even going to use them and i'm disgruntled with how expensive it is.

These prices should be cut by at least 1/3 if not by half.

Also if in the bundle, you can value a name change for 500 crowns then the item all by itself should cost 1000 crowns MAX.

This is pure money gouging if I ever saw it. You know people make tons of alts with mistakes, this is just greedy.

Cut the damn prices.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to change the beard on one character but no way for a 1Kcrowns . I'll live with the look . Hit home today when I seen the price .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on August 1, 2016 8:52PM
  • Morotheri
    Morotheri
    Soul Shriven
    Been waiting for this almost since launch (back when zoom-in didn't work in character creation.) I'll still probably get one appearance change, but it's a bit disconcerting that I can't even open the appearance re-customization without having bought a token just to see if I would actually want to use one. Would have been nice to have seen a free token just so that I can preview the possibilities before committing it to the wallet.
  • GwJSVDShark
    GwJSVDShark
    ✭✭✭
    After waddling through 6 pages of complains, I have a question which did not seem to have been answered yet.

I have a level 50 Templar who I would like to transform into a Dragon Knight.

Is this possible? which token do I use for this?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After waddling through 6 pages of complains, I have a question which did not seem to have been answered yet.

The Additional Character Slot one.

They do not offer Class Change as part of the Style Parlor.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are not offering class changes at all and that has been well documented elsewhere.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• iFruit
    iFruit
    Sooo no way to just change my haircut in-game without paying an oodle of $$, yeah?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iFruit wrote: »
    Sooo no way to just change my haircut in-game without paying an oodle of $$, yeah?

You either buy the hair, or hair pack, which acts as a costume over your hair, or buy an appearance change. The hair pack is "Cosmetic Pack: Hair Styles" and is worth it if you want to get a haircut on multiple characters, or frequently.

Basically, if it changes the way you look, what you ride, or what follows you, expect to pay real money. There are exceptions, of course.