The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is Stam Sorc too much?

• kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars just cleanse it off & go on with their day. Both templar & dk can counter that fasalas reverb bash build. I would like to see you play a sorc, especially magicka sorc & fight a dk or templar doing fasalas reverb bash.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Templars just cleanse it off & go on with their day. Both templar & dk can counter that fasalas reverb bash build. I would like to see you play a sorc, especially magicka sorc & fight a dk or templar doing fasalas reverb bash.

It's not all that effective against Templars since they can purge it, yes - but they still have to do that. I don't.
    A DK would have to stack healing bonuses, which is doable, but his build has to be tailored for this situation then.
    And a Sorc can simply play careful and keep his shields up.

I don't record anything, so I can't prove my point, but if it's actually important to you, I'd be willing to duel on PTS.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ToRelax unfortunately I don't play either of those playstyles. I'm just a magicka nb with no maelstrom destro who still tries to rock duel wield & spends way too much time thinking about how to counter sribes's reverb bash build (similar to the fasalas thing but his build was thing before fasalas even came out).
    Everyone I've ever spoken with says magicka dk is a hard counter to that build & while maybe 1.5 or 1.6 could have countered it on magicka sorc I have a tough time believe it's still doable in today's meta.
    I guess I feel if a magicka sorc can do it I can do it.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without comment to the specific topic, I just want add in a general rule of thumb

When trashcans reroll and pick up a new build that outperforms others, then yeah maybe the build should be looked at a little bit.

There's a stork on one of the PC campaigns I call rocketman because he will shoot across the screen like a bat outta hell then come back on his terms with insane burst. I heard he was garbage when he was magicka.

Also Dark Deal sucks because of the *** amount of gap closers. Without the mobility, you can't get enough space between you and a stam class to use it reliably and not get bashed. I am talking about players who aren't just licking ranch dressing off their keyboards when on their stam toons, but ones who are actually competent.
    Edited by Makkir on August 1, 2016 5:06PM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ToRelax unfortunately I don't play either of those playstyles. I'm just a magicka nb with no maelstrom destro who still tries to rock duel wield & spends way too much time thinking about how to counter sribes's reverb bash build (similar to the fasalas thing but his build was thing before fasalas even came out).
    Everyone I've ever spoken with says magicka dk is a hard counter to that build & while maybe 1.5 or 1.6 could have countered it on magicka sorc I have a tough time believe it's still doable in today's meta.
    I guess I feel if a magicka sorc can do it I can do it.

@kaithuzar Well I was thinking specifically of a Fasalla + defile build that would reduce healing to almost zero, if you stack healing received you can somewhat overcome that problem.
    Also, magicka Sorc isn't really weaker than in 1.6, and certainly not 1.5. Just can't kite as well now and the skill setups are even more streamlined, but that doesn't affect their ability to deal with heal debuff builds.

And what experience I have with magicka NB comes from playing a HoT-stacking build in 2.1/2.2 for a while. Don't know wether the healing received bonuses on that would be enough to deal with a defile build. At least without Malubeth.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • twistedmonk
    twistedmonk
    ✭✭✭
    Hurricane does feel Awesome
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difference between playing magicka dk and magicka sorc against an opponent using Fasalla's basically feels to me as though I have immunity to the set on the magicka sorc. So far, I've pretty much never had to take into account that I have the Fasalla's debuff on me as magicka sorc unless I was relying on other people to heal me directly (instead of them using Healing Ward on me). Which would be rare since I mostly play in small groups. Hardened Ward (+Harness Magicka if one chooses to use it) and Healing Ward make healing much less necessary than on a magicka dk or any build that uses healing instead of shields. (Though technically I'm much more like a magicka sorcerer these days as a magicka dk than I used to be since I use Dampen Magic and Healing Ward, so that helps a lot against Fasalla's. But still, there are times when I do rely on Burning Embers and Inhale for survival more, and that's when Fasalla's is a problem)

When you are in low health as a magicka sorc and need big damage absorption or healing, you use Hardened Ward or Healing Ward and you're fine because they're not affected by the debuff.

Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam Sorc are in a good place right now.

Are they OP? Not more than a stamplar? The only thing I could debate on being too strong for stamsorc is Implosion.

Are they FOTM? LOL! We only see more, because so many have switched their magicka Sorc to stamina.
    I still see way way more Stamblade....And probably see as much stamsorc as I see StamDK or Magplar.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel Dark Deal makes stam sorc maybe a little too good because there is almost no worry of resource exhaustion; at least if you're a good player.

You know you can interrupt a Dark Deal cast?

I personally use Dark Deal on my third bar, because it's not super reliable mid-fight.
    It's interruptible. It has a "long" cast time. Often you will have the time to die before casting it.

In my opinion, Nightblades have a much better mid-fight Stamina management with Siphoning Attacks.

PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorc is the only class that is well balanced - i mean really perfect! It is far away from being OP and its definitly not too weak! DK is just easy OP god mode stuff, NBs are a way weak and stamplars are also okay, maybe a bit stronger than stam sorc cuz purges can be powerfull stuff. Its is really fine compared to both mana and stam builds. There should be some more options for stam sorc... not many stuff to explore and less class based skills that are usefull.
    And ... Dark Exchange ... DAFUG?! its completly useless unless your are a tank for a dungeon. But this skill makes stam sorc comparable with stam DK who does not even need an "exchange skill" to not go out resources! For PvP and as DD this skill is wasted and just needed if you did NOT understand how to play stam sorc :D

I agree with most you mentioned in this post.. except: NB are weak... da ***

PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability