The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alchemy - Would you guys want a hireling for it?

Kammakazi
Kammakazi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Yes I know it would cost another 3 skill points. :D

I was wondering why it's the only crafting skill line that doesn't have a hireling.

It'd probably go something like
  • (1/3) — 10 reagents of any type + solvent
  • (2/3) — 15 reagents of any type + solvent
  • (3/3) — 20 reagents of any type + solvent

Thoughts?
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10/15/20 reagents from a hireling would be far more than you get in other crafts' materials from a hireling. More points spent on a hireling makes the mail come more frequently (at 3 points) or better chance of the other ingredients (at 2 points), not very much more of the base materials. Isn't it 5-10 for food/drink ingredients or only 3-5 raw materials typical for blacksmithing, clothing, woodworking?

My blacksmith and clothing hirelings where I have them only send 3 materials each time (the same quantity you gather at one material node) and sometimes trait gems or style gems or tempers/tannins/etc (usually green or blue if one does come, although over the long-term it can be a good source of purple upgrade mats). This is why I generally don't recommend most hirelings (except provisioning)... so I think if one were offered it would more likely bring 1/2/3 reagents and a solvent sometimes.
    Edited by Tevalaur on July 30, 2016 9:42PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, replace snakeblood with a alchemy hireling.
    Edited by BruhItsOver9000 on July 30, 2016 7:52PM
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At rank 1, the hirelings for the hard crafts return just 3 raw mats (unless you're at the max 10th craft level, in which case things get weird). That's basically 1 node. This increases to 4 and 5 for ranks 2 and 3. So almost 2 nodes at rank 3 hirelings. That's the base and the only part that's guaranteed. Then there's the chance of getting various miscellaneous items--trait stones, style mats, and/or improvement mats.

10/15/20, in this context, is ludicrously unbalanced.

1/2/3 reagents plus 1/2/3 solvents as the guaranteed base drops for ranks 1/2/3.

With a chance of getting bonus reagents/solvents--the size of the bonus and chance increases with hireling rank.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I wouldn't get the alchemy hireling... mind you I haven't spent any points in snakeblood either.
    ;)
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would be all for a hireling replacing Snakeblood (I'm surprised a hireling isn't offered in the first place), but I agree that 10/15/20 is WAY too many.

More like 3/5/7 with a CHANCE of a bump to 10 (total mats, not per type)
  • Evil_Rurouni
    Evil_Rurouni
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, replace snakeblood with a alchemy hireling.

This.

An alchemy hireling might be useless to a lot of people, but it's far better than keeping snakeblood which is useless to almost everybody.

At the very least the completionists who have characters with every skill point in the game will appreciate having something slightly useful to spend their spare points on.

EDIT: People with crafting alts might appreciate it too.
    Edited by Evil_Rurouni on July 31, 2016 2:09PM
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    Yes for hireling!!
  • markc01
    markc01
    ✭✭
    Higher Minimum Wage for Hirelings!!

Feel The Birn!!
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, an alchemy hireling would be the only one to make sense anymore. Now that most hirelings effectively (or in the case of provisioning actually) don't drop gold mats they are not worth logging into. At least if an alchemy hireling gave a fair amount of mats it would be worth logging into as many alchemy mats are valuable and we all need pots frequently.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Silverado
    Silverado
    ✭✭✭
    Not anymore now that I already have loads of them.
    Ps4 NA Aldmeri Dominion
    Wood Elf 310 CP
    Aldmeri Trading Co Guild

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd enjoy it as a happy apothecary type.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>