The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would you buy a new character at lv 50 for...........

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    buying horse upgrades. (OR bank upgrades. Or bag upgrades) in the crown store is PAY TO WIN.

your paying cash to bypass the in game costs/waits to increase your stats.

Its PAY TO WIN.

'Buying' a pre-leveled character is ALSO pay to win.

How can someone, who claims to be intelligent, not see this?

and Yes, if they added foolishry like this in the game, I'd prob quit on the spot. The moment I heard they were even CONSIDERING it would be when I start to CONSIDER to leave. I don't care if it hardly effects me or not, the 'bag space' was close enough to a reason to ditch, but its acceptable (I Don't know many games these days that DON'T have a bag-boost idea in the cash shop, many have this as only option with no in-game way to do such a thing.)

I already am 'on the fence' about such things as the mount training, bag space, werewolf/vamp skill lines, etc, and feel these are just 'tricks' to make people throw money at them, but are somewhat acceptable because they are all available in game and don't provide a 'big upgrade' over a free person. But pre-levleed toons would be an annoyance, NO MATTER HOW quick it 'can be' to level to 50, it's still wrong. Really hoping dev's are paying attention to what the players want here and don't pull some idiocy to try to make a few extra bucks.

You are too young to know what pay to win actually means apparently.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ref wrote: »
    By Stendarr, I cant believe this thread is still going on 0_002.gif

Creepiest comment I've ever seen on the forums. Even creepier on mobile...
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this game earned you experience passively like in eve online it would be pretty cool. So much money to be made on skill boosters and it does not ruin the feel of progression. Getting things instantly ruins the point of the whole game.
  • Slylok
    Slylok
    ✭✭✭
    If ZOS ever puts a max level character on the crown store I will leave and never return.
    Youtube ESO First Person Gameplay - http://tinyurl.com/o6evusk

Twitter - SlylokYoutube

Google+ - Slylok
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    Buying a Lvl 50 character with just the base attribute and skill points and not any leveled skill lines is not P2W. This will not make you a better player.

1) Still have to level skill lines and get skill points (obvious)
    2) You still have to get your gear, either buy or crafted.
    3) Get through all that and jump into a raid group or jump into PvP, it doesn't make you better.

A new player who just got 50 and bought 5 other accounts would not be instantly able to jump into vMaw and expect to be up to speed. I'm not 100% for this, however this is not P2W.

Gear that is just as good or better being sold in the crown store and things that give you that unfair advantage (damage boosts, ect), THAT is P2W.
    (NA) Anlaemar with 750+ Champion Points
    Member Since April 15, 2014
    (EP)Alrik Vadason - Nord Dragonknight
    Tank
    (EP)Matdasi Hlarrobar - Breton Mageblade
    Formerly known as Ra'dar Ahdhari - Main DPS 40k Self Buffed
    (EP)Marrec Vadason - Breton Templar Healer
    (EP)Nameless - Altmer Sorcerer - Secondary DPS
    - The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason -
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This isn't WoW or EQ, the game is about the story, the adventure... Why skip to 50 when you would just end up playing everything anyways? Is it to much to ask to get 1 character to 50?
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    If the OP is suggesting a level 50 with some skill points but nothing else, so they would have to go through the grind for crafting & skyshards etc - what would be the point? Levelling up some of these would probably have given enough XP to have got to level 50 anyway.....but without the understanding of how that build worked.

Not 'convenient' just sad.

And what skill lines can you buy?!

Thieves guild and Dark Brotherhood dlc skill lines, also Vamp and Werewolf skill lines.

And if second is obtainable through game (friend's bite or gold to strangers), dlc skill lines are pure money purchase. To be fare, they are all about convenience - easier pickpocketing and easier kills of NPCs only.
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dromede wrote: »
    If the OP is suggesting a level 50 with some skill points but nothing else, so they would have to go through the grind for crafting & skyshards etc - what would be the point? Levelling up some of these would probably have given enough XP to have got to level 50 anyway.....but without the understanding of how that build worked.

Thieves guild and Dark Brotherhood dlc skill lines, also Vamp and Werewolf skill lines.

And if second is obtainable through game (friend's bite or gold to strangers), dlc skill lines are pure money purchase. To be fare, they are all about convenience - easier pickpocketing and easier kills of NPCs only.

Both the TG and DB skill lines are useless.

Why would anyone buy the vamp or ww from the crown store...
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dromede wrote: »

Both the TG and DB skill lines are useless.

Why would anyone buy the vamp or ww from the crown store...

And yet they do...

Tg and DB lines -They are useless - you are absolutely right. And still, those who didn't buy DB can't one-shot NPCs with a pretty small chance of being noticed. Not saying it's p2w :p , not at all. But it does make certain things easier. I hope you know what I mean.

Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
  • thealteregozero
    Anlaemar wrote: »
    Buying a Lvl 50 character with just the base attribute and skill points and not any leveled skill lines is not P2W. This will not make you a better player.

1) Still have to level skill lines and get skill points (obvious)
    2) You still have to get your gear, either buy or crafted.
    3) Get through all that and jump into a raid group or jump into PvP, it doesn't make you better.

A new player who just got 50 and bought 5 other accounts would not be instantly able to jump into vMaw and expect to be up to speed. I'm not 100% for this, however this is not P2W.

Gear that is just as good or better being sold in the crown store and things that give you that unfair advantage (damage boosts, ect), THAT is P2W.

Thank you for reading the OP!
  • hingarthuub17_ESO
    hingarthuub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have one main and 4 alts and enjoy the leveling experience. I voted no but can see some who would like something like this. There are a bunch of games out there that have no real leveling requirement that just let you head out and join up with your friends.

I have adult kids who are gamers as well and they're always looking to group up and play. They just won't group up in this game because they're turned off by the grind. I could see that they might take advantage of something that'd let them roll and go.
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    let me rephrase my answer
    HeeeeellllNO
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)