The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would you buy a new character at lv 50 for...........

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    Doncellius wrote: »
    I dislike some things ZOS places in the Crown Store. However, they promised (and must) not become P2W.

This would be P2W.

I would permanently uninstall ESO. Finished. A valuable majority of the playerbase would follow suit.

ZOS may be foolish at times, but nowhere near dumb enough to make this mistake.

Everybody, literally everybody, who plays long enough gets to level 50. This, by definition, makes its not a pay to win feature. I'm still dead against it personally but people should learn to make reasonable arguments.

Yes. And Everybody, literally everybody, can get a Maelstrom weapon. Therefore selling them in the Crown Store is not P2W?

If you pay real money to bypass a major grind or obtain OP gear (skill lines, levels, skill points, dungeon loot, monster helms) then it is P2W. Buying a Lvl 50 character is not convenience or cosmetic.
    Edited by Vaoh on July 29, 2016 10:45PM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crown Poisons and XP Scrolls: Paying real money to get an item you can get in-game (Psijic Ambrosia and far better Poisons). It's an alternate payment method. Furthermore, as has been said it doesn't take long to hit 50 even without the scrolls and Ambrosia. Is it pay to win? Perhaps a bit, but no more than buying Werewolf and Vampire Skill Lines are. Honestly, that's MORE pay to win than XP Scrolls.

This on the other hand... You would literally buy your way into endgame. That is, without a doubt and completely factually, Pay 2 Win.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • thealteregozero
    Got to laugh at the drama queens in here. It's not paying to win given that you can get there in a few days.

Exactly......especially if this feature is unlocked to you after you lv a character to 50 already.
    We have 8 character slots.........8.............
    This would be a convenience.

Notice the only people that 'want' this are people who haven't played much.

If you want more characters then make and level them.

Buying maxed characters is a step in the p-2-w direction.

NO! 6 characters on PS4......at CP 561.........I am on gaming desktop now. This would be a convenience for people in my same situation. Sorry, big fan of this game and not a newbie!
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    Nah, I enjoy playing (levelling) my characters and developing them while levelling - it lets me get a feel of what feels right with each of them.

I would be paying not to play... does not make sense to me.

There are only 4 classes............you have 8 character slots.........the 5 character you should by this time pretty much know the ends and outs of this game. that 5th character would be a convenience. At this point not pay to win.

But what does someone 'win' by having it be instant, if they 'win' something what makes it different from xp buffs? They don't have a stronger character than anyone else on the same level. They don't have some free gear or rank or whatever that someone generally 'earns'. They're just level 50. A level that can be earned in less than a day's worth of hours without paying any money (no sub, no marriage, just psijic ambrosia)
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • thealteregozero
    Kronuxx wrote: »
    5,000 crowns?
    If ESO allowed you to buy another lv 50 character after you leveled a character on your account in champion rank for 5,000 crowns would you buy it? Would you pay for this convenience?

Doesn't WoW give you the opportunity to have an instantly leveled character?

Yes they do so does SWTOR and others....
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, I enjoy playing (levelling) my characters and developing them while levelling - it lets me get a feel of what feels right with each of them.

There are only 4 classes............you have 8 character slots.........the 5 character you should by this time pretty much know the ends and outs of this game. that 5th character would be a convenience. At this point not pay to win.

But what does someone 'win' by having it be instant, if they 'win' something what makes it different from xp buffs? They don't have a stronger character than anyone else on the same level. They don't have some free gear or rank or whatever that someone generally 'earns'. They're just level 50. A level that can be earned in less than a day's worth of hours without paying any money (no sub, no marriage, just psijic ambrosia)

I'll just leave this here...

802d5d9fbaa94c7787b906c4d7f7fb82.png

For the record levels apply here too.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 29, 2016 10:54PM
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    Pay to Win? No, I would not.

Can you explain? I don't have experience with other MMOs, so maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't sound like "pay to win."

I'd be concerned that such an offer portends a nerf incoming to XP from other sources, but provided that didn't happen, I wouldn't mind. I don't see the appeal personally of spending so much for max level character, but I already spent 6000 crowns to buy four additional character slots.

Currently we level so fast, I feel there is zero need to grind anymore, and I'm someone who used to grind quite a lot, even made a steam guide about grinding

Now when I make a new character I spend an hour or two getting it up to level 10, then enter Cyrodiil and easily level to 50 within a couple weeks just playing the game normally in pvp, no grinding needed. As long as this doesn't change, I have no problem if someone else out there wants to spend money to buy level 50 boost.

We already have xp boost scrolls, which I've never seen any need to purchase as we can buy psijic ambrosia with in-game gold. If there was an in-game item you could buy with gold to skip to level 50, would you still be opposed or feel it is "pay to win"?
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on July 29, 2016 10:55PM
  • thealteregozero
    So as people have already stated, you can grind to 50 in just a few days. Now you can just pop on to the crown store with your bought crowns and plop down 7 more level 50 toons on your account?

How in the *** is that NOT pay to win???

The people buying things from the crown store are the people that are more or less helping to make this game better, as well as people that have a subscription. Most people that have this game had to buy it. Its not free to play. If we want premium content......... new and innovative ways of convenience packages will surface. We both know this........

At this point anyone can argue that the utilities section would be "pay to win." depending on your personal definition of P2W

EVEN buying extra character slots could be "pay to win......."
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P2w is when you sub and no issues,so correct this game will never be p2w
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So as people have already stated, you can grind to 50 in just a few days. Now you can just pop on to the crown store with your bought crowns and plop down 7 more level 50 toons on your account?

How in the *** is that NOT pay to win???

The people buying things from the crown store are the people that are more or less helping to make this game better, as well as people that have a subscription. Most people that have this game had to buy it. Its not free to play. If we want premium content......... new and innovative ways of convenience packages will surface. We both know this........

At this point anyone can argue that the utilities section would be "pay to win." depending on your personal definition of P2W

EVEN buying extra character slots could be "pay to win......."

Buying more slots indicated you have got 8 characters...

No getting one to 50 then buying the next 7 characters is pay to win.

Costumes/mounts/sub/dlc all make sure this game makes a lot of profit.

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hide that quick, buzzwords can't have definitions! /s

I get what you're saying, but taking the first part about 'better/faster' and forgetting the second half about it unbalancing the game, makes well... a lot of things in the crown store P2W. xp buffs, research speed from sub, mount upgrades, bank upgrades. If anything, I think the mount upgrades have the most noticeable impact due to the required 3 months training time for people not paying for it.

That is, would be. I don't think there's any imbalance (or noticeable, if there) caused by any of these things. Leveling to 50 isn't an achievement, though it may certainly feel like one your first time playing and learning the game. To people going through their second and eight and twelfth times it just isn't really.

Additionally, where's the xp buff outcry on P2W if that's how it is? I'm not seeing it. Did anyone quit when xp buffs were added to the game? Is it okay because it has in-game relation (ambrosia) even if inferior to paying (stack marriage and sub with)? Did people cry out about it, did they just come to realize that it didn't have a P2W affect, or become complacent?
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • thealteregozero
    I dislike some things ZOS places in the Crown Store. However, they promised (and must) not become P2W.

This would be P2W.

I would permanently uninstall ESO. Finished. A valuable majority of the playerbase would follow suit.

Everybody, literally everybody, who plays long enough gets to level 50. This, by definition, makes its not a pay to win feature. I'm still dead against it personally but people should learn to make reasonable arguments.

Yes. And Everybody, literally everybody, can get a Maelstrom weapon. Therefore selling them in the Crown Store is not P2W?

If you pay real money to bypass a major grind or obtain OP gear (skill lines, levels, skill points, dungeon loot, monster helms) then it is P2W. Buying a Lvl 50 character is not convenience or cosmetic.

You and I BOTH know they will never sell weapons or gear that will make your character have an advantage over the other. That arguement is void.

However you CANNOT be upset at the people that CAN afford this convenience. This is how it is. Just like I CANNOT be mad at your grind. I am a casual gamer, I still do believe in this game and this company and I feel like people here would bash this concept but then secretly turn around and buy a character for.......convenience. The casual gamer is already dropping the crowns......This is a reality. For us to enjoy this game it will have to explore many options you will not agree with.....
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But a CP160 character, maybe.

I would be more willing to fork over 5K crowns for a fully upgraded mount.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That should never be allowed to happen.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • thealteregozero
    Crown Poisons and XP Scrolls: Paying real money to get an item you can get in-game (Psijic Ambrosia and far better Poisons). It's an alternate payment method. Furthermore, as has been said it doesn't take long to hit 50 even without the scrolls and Ambrosia. Is it pay to win? Perhaps a bit, but no more than buying Werewolf and Vampire Skill Lines are. Honestly, that's MORE pay to win than XP Scrolls.

This on the other hand... You would literally buy your way into endgame. That is, without a doubt and completely factually, Pay 2 Win.

Its not pay to win if you already have a character at lv 50!
    At that point it would be a convenience.....
    I, like most aren't going to drop 5 bazillion gold to respect every time I want to change attributes and skill lines......OR go though killing molag ball an 8th time.

common guys........really?!?!?!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This would be P2W.

You and I BOTH know they will never sell weapons or gear that will make your character have an advantage over the other. That arguement is void.

However you CANNOT be upset at the people that CAN afford this convenience. This is how it is. Just like I CANNOT be mad at your grind. I am a casual gamer, I still do believe in this game and this company and I feel like people here would bash this concept but then secretly turn around and buy a character for.......convenience. The casual gamer is already dropping the crowns......This is a reality. For us to enjoy this game it will have to explore many options you will not agree with.....

Buying a Lvl 50 character is P2W. Plain and simple.

That is why practically everyone (besides you and those few other like-minded inviduals) chose "No" for the poll.

I'm sorry if you cannot understand this. If I can buy a Lvl 50 character, I should also be able to buy 100 Dreugh Wax and Mages Guild 10 to avoid those grinds, correct? Smh
  • thealteregozero

EXACTLY. This^^^
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I despise selling EXP directly for money. Selling "EXP boost increase" for money (Like the one ESO Plus have) is OK. But directly selling the EXP for money is just no. This is why I hate WoW for selling character insta level up services. That's just *** up.

Are you okay with ZoS selling you:
    +10 CP Level up for $19.99
    +100 CP Level up for $99.99 (You save 50%!)

?
    Edited by Wow on July 29, 2016 11:14PM
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • thealteregozero
    Mojmir wrote: »
    P2w is when you sub and no issues,so correct this game will never be p2w

I see what you did there lol.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leveling to 50 requires near 0 effort and a minimal amount of time. Even if you had a character instantly leveled to 50, it would have no skill points, no skyshards, no skills leveled, no alliance skills, no undaunted, no lorebooks, no fighter's guild. It's the definition of bare bones. You'd still have to go do all the things that make the character well rounded. Many of those things would have at least partially been leveled as you went to 50.

I don't think I'd take an instant level 50 character at 100 crowns. Someone that knows what they're doing can level from 1 - 50 in 4 hours or less anyway.
    Edited by redspecter23 on July 29, 2016 11:16PM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Its not pay to win if you already have a character at lv 50!
    At that point it would be a convenience.....
    I, like most aren't going to drop 5 bazillion gold to respect every time I want to change attributes and skill lines......OR go though killing molag ball an 8th time.

common guys........really?!?!?!

Wrong. Alt or not it's still P2W to buy your way up.
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This would be P2W.

That is why practically everyone (besides you and those few other like-minded inviduals) chose "No" for the poll.

I'm sorry if you cannot understand this. If I can buy a Lvl 50 character, I should also be able to buy 100 Dreugh Wax and Mages Guild 10 to avoid those grinds, correct? Smh

Actually I voted No. I just disagree with the idea that buying a lvl50 is P2W
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5000 crowns, seems like u emptied whole bottle of wine.

No way..better can spend a day or two to raise level @ 50..
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This would be P2W.

Actually I voted No. I just disagree with the idea that buying a lvl50 is P2W

That's cool. It's sort of arguable!

Glad to see you have common sense though and realize it'd be detrimental to ESO.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Surely the point of levels 1-50 are to practice, explore and hone your skills. 8 different character slots is nowhere near the amount of different builds, skills and sets you can you have. If you choose to run a new toon then, in my opinion, you should be expected to do so with content provided.

Just my opinion! :smile:<3
  • ValkynSketha
    ValkynSketha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No because at worst scenario it is 12h to lvl new one.
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I despise selling EXP directly for money. Selling "EXP boost increase" for money (Like the one ESO Plus have) is OK. But directly selling the EXP for money is just no. This is why I hate WoW for selling character insta level up services. That's just *** up.

Are you okay with ZoS selling you:

+EXP all the way to Level 50 for $9.99
    +10 CP Level up for $19.99
    +100 CP Level up for $99.99 (You save 50%!)
    Instant CP Level 501 for $399.99 (BEST VALUE)

On the crown store?
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    Surely the point of levels 1-50 are to practice, explore and hone your skills. 8 different character slots is nowhere near the amount of different builds, skills and sets you can you have. If you choose to run a new toon then, in my opinion, you should be expected to do so with content provided.

Just my opinion! :smile:<3

Yup!

And not pay 40,000 Crowns (~$300) to get 8 max level characters.

Honestly, leveling from 1-50 was a ton of fun when I did it the first two times. Buying your way up is just.... so wrong :/
  • thealteregozero

WHAT?!?!?! Are you kidding me? Again just like I can't be upset about you having the time to grind and go through the main story quest 7 times you can't possibly be upset at the people that have the funds to get a second character at 50....YOU DO know that this is a company right? That actually HAVE to pay their employees right? There is nothing unlocked if this was to happen. You would get a character at lv 50 with 50 skill points......HOWEVER YOU WOULD STILL HAVE TO LEVEL UP SKILL AND CLASSES AND CRAFTING and PVP...........

THIS is not pay to win.....THIS IS CONVENIENCE.

I do respect your opinion but being upset cause most people don't have the time like you to grind 7 characters is not fair.

Just like I can make an argument and say that its NOT FAIR that you have more time than I have to grind 7 more characters.

Convenience equals time......not pay to win.

I have a TSA pre-check membership to get to my plane and through security quickly on time and you show up at the airport and have to WAIT in a long line to go through security and hopefully get to your plane on time would that be fair? Would you be upset with the person with pre-check? No that's crazy, cause its a convenience. A CONVENIENCE of TIME.

People that sub for this game are PAYING to win. We are ALL still playing this game knowing this. Also don't be upset with ZOS if they do implement this convenience because this is a COMPANY. I want new premium content and like most given the option of convenience we will take it.

• thealteregozero
    Reverb wrote: »
    That should never be allowed to happen.

For convenience......it prob will.