The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Would you buy a new character at lv 50 for...........

thealteregozero
5,000 crowns?
If ESO allowed you to buy another lv 50 character after you leveled a character on your account to lvl 50 for 5,000 crowns would you buy it? Would you pay for this convenience?

You would get 64 skill points still HOWEVER.......YOU WOULD STILL have to lvl SKILL LINES, GUILDS, PVP, CRAFTING, and WEAPONS SKILLS.........

5,000 crowns......
Edited by thealteregozero on July 30, 2016 12:48AM

Would you buy a new character at lv 50 for........... 372 votes

Yes!!!
10% 39 votes
No...
84% 313 votes
Depends....
5% 20 votes
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only would I not buy, I would find another game in a heartbeat.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, you can grind a new character to level 50 in a couple of days (or less).

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pay to Win? No, I would not.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would you pay for this win?

FTFY.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • thealteregozero
    Would you pay for this win?

FTFY.

I see what you did there!
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My sub would end the day that it was announced and I would uninstall the game immediately.
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leveling up to 50 in this game it doesnt take that much time.
  • thealteregozero
    Cazzy wrote: »

I can see why you would feel that way however taking the grind out of convenience isn't pay to win in my opinion.
    We can argue that Exp scrolls are pay to win as well.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope but should've been able to get free Undaunted lv9 and skills levelled ^^^^^:
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be the sign that my days in Tamriel have come to an end.
  • thealteregozero
    itehache wrote: »
    Leveling up to 50 in this game it doesnt take that much time.

Yes I agree with you there! I do see alot of people with merchant and banker companions.......They are paying the crowns here.
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not, that levelling time is where I get attached to a character. I tried even grinding one once and I ended up deleting her cause I didn't have a feel for what I wanted them to be. I imagine I would greatly regret buying a max level character very shortly after starting to play them

...also, to people in thread saying 'pay to win', what? Speaking as if the rest of us are stuck at lvl49 and only people buying this can have lvl50s. Grind times are so low in this game you can basically equate the cost of a bunch of xp scrolls and a ring of mara as a lvl50 character, many out there do it in like 5 hours.
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I can see why you would feel that way however taking the grind out of convenience isn't pay to win in my opinion.

To walk into a lvl 50 char would also mean that they have to give you all the skill points and attribute points associated with level 50. If that's not pay to win, what is?
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The moment they sell characters is the moment i deleted the game.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • thealteregozero
    Nope but should've been able to get free Undaunted lv9 and skills levelled ^^^^^:

You would still have to level and grind each skill. Those would not be unlocked. I feel this would be perfect for making a crafting only character......
  • thealteregozero
    I would not, that levelling time is where I get attached to a character. I tried even grinding one once and I ended up deleting her cause I didn't have a feel for what I wanted them to be. I imagine I would greatly regret buying a max level character very shortly after starting to play them

...also, to people in thread saying 'pay to win', what? Speaking as if the rest of us are stuck at lvl49 and only people buying this can have lvl50s. Grind times are so low in this game you can basically equate the cost of a bunch of xp scrolls and a ring of mara as a lvl50 character, many out there do it in like 5 hours.

Right! This would just be another option....
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dislike some things ZOS places in the Crown Store. However, they promised (and must) not become P2W.

This would be P2W.

I would permanently uninstall ESO. Finished. A valuable majority of the playerbase would follow suit.

ZOS may be foolish at times, but nowhere near dumb enough to make this mistake.
  • thealteregozero

To walk into a lvl 50 char would also mean that they have to give you all the skill points and attribute points associated with level 50. If that's not pay to win, what is?

The dilemma here is time...........time in this game is a convenience.......hence the banker and market companions, exp scrolls, rings of mara.....

Having to grind a character to 50 FIRST before having this option unlocked to the player isnt pay to win......

it's convenience. Convenience in this game = time. Not pay to win.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    I dislike some things ZOS places in the Crown Store. However, they promised (and must) not become P2W.

This would be P2W.

I would permanently uninstall ESO. Finished. A valuable majority of the playerbase would follow suit.

Everybody, literally everybody, who plays long enough gets to level 50. This, by definition, makes its not a pay to win feature. I'm still dead against it personally but people should learn to make reasonable arguments.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, I enjoy playing (levelling) my characters and developing them while levelling - it lets me get a feel of what feels right with each of them.

I would be paying not to play... does not make sense to me.
    PC-EU
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 12 toons already. I don't need any more.
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What point would that serve. The game is a lot of fun. It's only the bugs and lack of QoL that has any negative impacts.
    We are still around cause of the 1-50 part even if it's silver n gold zone stuff
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really though, explain the P2W label to me someone. How would someone 'win' by having a level 50 character, except instead of levelling it themselves they paid for it to start at lvl50. Even /if/ if gave you all your skill lines (class, be a bit absurd to give free AW/Undaunted/whatever levels) maxed out, /if/ if gave you all of your morphs maxed and ready to spec, /if/ it gave you the natural number of skillpoints for a lvl50 with no quests or skyshards collected, /if it gave you the natural attribute points, you would be left with... a mostly normal lvl50 ground character, probably in need of some questing and skyshard collecting to beef up the number of skillpoints if you want to craft or have off-specs at the ready. How do you 'win' by paying for this?

I think some people here lack concept of what 'P2W' means, and simply use it as a buzz word to mark this idea as negative. And you know what? I don't like the idea either! I wouldn't use it, I think it's very commonly seen in declining systems, or at least games where the character journey is dead in favor of the endgame rush. Would I start losing the game because someone else could do this, speaking theoretically, and have a set of lvl50 characters that they paid for? No absolutely not, I wouldn't lose a thing because of it. They wouldn't win a thing because of it. Well, they would win the experience of having to gear a number of characters that are suddenly lvl50 at their appropriate CP, collecting skyshards for auxillary passives and actives, fresh everything.
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭
    5,000 crowns?
    If ESO allowed you to buy another lv 50 character after you leveled a character on your account in champion rank for 5,000 crowns would you buy it? Would you pay for this convenience?

Doesn't WoW give you the opportunity to have an instantly leveled character?
    Edited by Kronuxx on July 29, 2016 10:32PM
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So as people have already stated, you can grind to 50 in just a few days. Now you can just pop on to the crown store with your bought crowns and plop down 7 more level 50 toons on your account?

How in the *** is that NOT pay to win???
  • thealteregozero
    Doncellius wrote: »

This would be P2W.

I do not think ZOS is foolish. I personally feel like they know EXACTLY what they are doing in the crown store.
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So as people have already stated, you can grind to 50 in just a few days. Now you can just pop on to the crown store with your bought crowns and plop down 7 more level 50 toons on your account?

If getting to max level faster is P2W, then are the xp scrolls P2W? Subscriber xp buff? Marriage xp buff? The fact that they stack?

If they are not, then why is paying /more/ for /faster/ levels (instant, in this case) P2W?
  • thealteregozero
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    Nah, I enjoy playing (levelling) my characters and developing them while levelling - it lets me get a feel of what feels right with each of them.

I would be paying not to play... does not make sense to me.

There are only 4 classes............you have 8 character slots.........the 5 character you should by this time pretty much know the ends and outs of this game. that 5th character would be a convenience. At this point not pay to win.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If getting to max level faster is P2W, then are the xp scrolls P2W? Subscriber xp buff? Marriage xp buff? The fact that they stack?

If they are not, then why is paying /more/ for /faster/ levels (instant, in this case) P2W?

Even with the buffs and scrolls, you have to spend some time and effort. There is a HUGE difference between faster and instant
    Edited by Bouldercleave on July 29, 2016 10:36PM
  • thealteregozero
    What point would that serve. The game is a lot of fun. It's only the bugs and lack of QoL that has any negative impacts.
    We are still around cause of the 1-50 part even if it's silver n gold zone stuff

That's your position on it and I see that, however there are FAR more casual players I feel that would buy this convenience. There are SO many people buying the banker and Market companions!
    Edited by thealteregozero on July 29, 2016 10:58PM