The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you think console players should be allowed to transfer to PC?

• logosloki
    logosloki
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    If consolebros want to come to the PC then the doors should be flung wide open. There is always room for both fresh faced newbies and veterans and all in between.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    MerkzM8 wrote: »
    Considering the game has been out for a while on console and some console players such as myself want to switch to PC but can't because they would have to abandon all progress they made on console, do you think that console players should have a limited option to transfer to PC much like the PC players had the option to transfer to console?

I think it should be a feature, since so many other MMOs allow you to server swap with an account/characters.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (explain why)
    This isn't some server transfer feature and because the console revenue is done through the console and not direct to ZOS, there are going to be limitations to it that may end up costing ZOS more than what it's worth.

The only time this makes sense is if the game servers are closed for console.
    Otherwise, no one benefits (ZOS, PS4 or Xbox) other than the customers.

It had to be a win-win and it's not. Starting over creates additional purchases for ZOS so why would they cut potential gains?
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Players should be able to transfer characters to a different server at the cost of Crowns. It should not be free. It may not work a per character, it may need to be per account.

Per Character would be 1500 Crown.

Per Account would be 50k Crown.

This would prevent constant server hopping.
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No (explain why)
    Players should be able to transfer characters to a different server at the cost of Crowns. It should not be free. It may not work a per character, it may need to be per account.

Per Character would be 1500 Crown.

Per Account would be 50k Crown.

This would prevent constant server hopping.

That would make an account transfer cost over $360 :D

I went with no because I think it would spell the end of the console version of the game. As much complaining as I see on that end, especially from Xbox players, I think the more dedicated players who have PCs will jump ship. Casuals will give up on the game because of all of the issues. On the other hand, maybe the game would be better off without the need to maintain the console version.
    Edited by jrgray93 on August 1, 2016 12:58PM
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (explain why)
    The ONLY way PC players were allowed to transfer to console was their information had to be copied to the console version BEFORE it went live... there has never been any more 'post live' account transfers. This is why they had to copy everything prior to console launch and had to fit within a very narrow window. Also, if they allowed console to PC transfers, ZOS would have to compensate Sony/MS for all the lost revenue they would sustain by not receiving a cut of any potential future purchases made from console version... this could create a financial nightmare for ZOS.

Furthermore, as it stands now, purchases made on Crown Store does not even transfer between servers as in PC-NA/PC-EU, so I'd imagine that any purchases made on the console would also not transfer to PC version.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Miss_Morphine
    Miss_Morphine
    ✭✭✭
    No (explain why)
    Doncellius wrote: »
    I will not be doing this.

.... But why shouldn't others be able to?

It's not all about what I am doing and how it would affect me. This is a very reasonable request, and just because I won't use it, does not mean it shouldn't happen.

@Smasherx74 Only a minority of the community even knows or cares about DCUO.... that is some of the worst logic I've ever seen to choose "No" in a poll. :lol:

I wish you would transfer to PC, only because every time I see you post you have great feedback. More good people is always good.

On a different note, as far as my answer? Yeah, it should be a thing.
    At the same time considering how much it would take from Zos in terms of resources my answer is no.

Let them fix the incredible performance issues on console first, or injecting code on PC, or the wonky server performance in Cyrodiil and outside it.

There are just too many other pressing issues that break the game to spend resources on something that would be nice to have.
    Fear is Failure NA PC
    Main - mSC - Somatic Fury EP
    mNB - A Sussurrus EP mTP - Wicked Light DC mDK - Flagellant AD
    sNB - Wicked Haze EP sDK - Do'Ashara EP
    TP healer - The Morphine EP
    DK tank - Unyielding Fury EP

vMA Flawless - vMoL HM - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vDSA
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    No (explain why)
    MerkzM8 wrote: »
    Considering the game has been out for a while on console and some console players such as myself want to switch to PC but can't because they would have to abandon all progress they made on console, do you think that console players should have a limited option to transfer to PC much like the PC players had the option to transfer to console?

I don't think Sony and Microsoft would approve of that, probably a violation of those contracts.