The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you think console players should be allowed to transfer to PC?

• NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Wife plays on PS4
    would buy her a PC swap immediately.
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, transfer everyone to PC and end ESO on console. Focus must be on PC.
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason they offered a pc to console transfer is they delayed console release, and the offer was only available until the original console launch date. I had originally planned to play on ps4 but bought eso for pc instead of waiting when they announced console was delayed.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cously wrote: »
    Yes, transfer everyone to PC and end ESO on console. Focus must be on PC.

Yeah, no.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (explain why)
    Everytime this gets brought up here and on reddit, people do not understand. This will never happen because it is not up to ZOS it's up to microsft and Sony.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Everytime this gets brought up here and on reddit, people do not understand. This will never happen because it is not up to ZOS it's up to microsft and Sony.

I think it's more along the lines of they don't care who it's up to they just want it.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'd be fine with it and even welcome it, but realistically it would be a bad buisiness decision by zos to do so.
    PC | EU
  • MerkzM8
    MerkzM8
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

And? I'm not demanding it, simply having a discussion to see if other people would want it, it's not like I'm asking people to get their pitchforks ready to storm Matts door and demand it.
    Edited by MerkzM8 on August 1, 2016 12:47AM
    "What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Just off the cuff yeah I don't see why not. But there my be all sorts of legal and proprietary b.s from Xbone and PS and not wanting to lose consumers etc. There also may be an agreement between Zenimax and the consoles that prevents transfers back to PC or just to it for the first time.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • MerkzM8
    MerkzM8
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Regardless if this were to happen or not, it's nice to get a little community insight as to if other people would actually like this or not.
    "What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (explain why)
    Not really a no, more of a ZOS cannot be trusted no. We can remember the many Players who transferred from PC to console who borrowed millions of gold first only to be allowed to transfer to console and still repay the borrowed gold on PC account. Essentially I see that exact type of thing happening in reverse and based on ZOS response to cheating, nothing will be done to prevent it.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not really a no, more of a ZOS cannot be trusted no. We can remember the many Players who transferred from PC to console who borrowed millions of gold first only to be allowed to transfer to console and still repay the borrowed gold on PC account. Essentially I see that exact type of thing happening in reverse and based on ZOS response to cheating, nothing will be done to prevent it.

To be fair some people would rather the accounts be moved and not copied.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (explain why)
    It's already been explained.

The console transfer was a one-time courtesy for people who had always intended to play on console but began on PC due to console's delay.

And because of various issues like account selling and borrowing lots of items and gold before the transfer snapshot, you're probably never going to see that courtesy ever again.

It's comments in game like "I don't know how to cheat, but if I did I would" that ruin it for everybody. That's why ZOS won't even bother putting limitations on transfers. They just won't do them at all and if it's really that important to you to play on a different platform, you'll just buy a second copy of the game.
    signing off
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    It's already been explained.

The console transfer was a one-time courtesy for people who had always intended to play on console but began on PC due to console's delay.

And because of various issues like account selling and borrowing lots of items and gold before the transfer snapshot, you're probably never going to see that courtesy ever again.

It's comments in game like "I don't know how to cheat, but if I did I would" that ruin it for everybody. That's why ZOS won't even bother putting limitations on transfers. They just won't do them at all and if it's really that important to you to play on a different platform, you'll just buy a second copy of the game.

This right here, folks. You can all go back to gaming now.
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I see no harm in it.
  • Martol
    Martol
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    All of my friends are on COnsole they want to join pc but dont want to start over please let this be a thing
    i jest wanna git gud ;_;
  • GreatWhite000
    GreatWhite000
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. I'm on PC now but I wouldn't mind bringing over my old PS4 characters.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    This is a good one people.

Comment 1 (to everyone)
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    DCUO didn't do this, and I don't want ESO doing this.

(Logic of majority of the community, disagree all you want it's true)

Comment 2 (from me to @Smasherx74 )
    Doncellius wrote: »
    @Smasherx74 Only a minority of the community even knows or cares about DCUO.... that is some of the worst logic I've ever seen to choose "No" in a poll. :lol:

Comment 3 (to me)
    I will not be doing this.

.... But why shouldn't others be able to?

It's not all about what I am doing and how it would affect me. This is a very reasonable request, and just because I won't use it, does not mean it shouldn't happen.

@Smasherx74 Only a minority of the community even knows or cares about DCUO.... that is some of the worst logic I've ever seen to choose "No" in a poll. :lol:

Logic? The logic is not that it's DCUO specifically (goes to show your LACK of logic), it's about OTHER MMOs in general. People here will complain and compare ESO to other games for the sake of their own opinions.

In that case you would write it as:

"MMOs in general (such as DCUO, <name>, <name>, etc) didn't do this, and I don't want ESO doing this."

Sorry man, but that is how logic works. You cannot point out one specific example and then turn around and say you aren't talking about that anymore, but rather every MMO instead. It makes no sense.

You have to actually say that it was a general statement. LOL. That's how English works :lol:

It's like if you wanted to buy the 20 Tempering Alloys I am selling in area chat, and I agree. I then turn around and try to give you 12 Rosin, 4 Dreugh Wax, a Kuta, and 3 Tempering Alloys. Yeah... I specified Tempering Alloys, but surely you realized that I meant I was selling gold improvement materials in general.

See how this leads to confusion? Smh.
    Edited by Vaoh on August 1, 2016 2:16AM
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (explain why)
    "MMOs in general (such as DCUO, <name>, <name>, etc) didn't do this, and I don't want ESO doing this."

Sorry man, but that is how logic works.

This is where your train of thought cut off and you didn't actually read what I've said.

Community members complain about issues risen in comparison to typical MMOs, the most famous example being the Stamina healer base. Yes we have vigor maybe its OP different *** and toilate all together, but the community argues since healing is in virtually everyother MMO magic/magicka based, it is only designed for healing. On the flip side the same goes for stamina based abilities like breakout/dodge roll.

Edit: This is a community bias decision in my opinion. If we can't have faction race changes, or full stamina heals, why should ZOS go through the effort of cross platform (meaning xbox to ps4 to PC transfers) but not fix the rest of the existing issues for example. I really dislike the "community" at least on theses specific forums. The fact people are being hypocritical of their exceptions of ZOS should be acknowledged.
    Edited by Smasherx74 on August 1, 2016 3:58AM
    Master Debater
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The more the merrier .
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, with the horrendous, degrading performance on consoles with each new DLC/patch, a PC transfer could be a helpful option.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Sorry man, but that is how logic works.

This is where your train of thought cut off and you didn't actually read what I've said.

Community members complain about issues risen in comparison to typical MMOs, the most famous example being the Stamina healer base. Yes we have vigor maybe its OP different *** and toilate all together, but the community argues since healing is in virtually everyother MMO magic/magicka based, it is only designed for healing. On the flip side the same goes for stamina based abilities like breakout/dodge roll.

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its no secret console performance is poor.. if this is somethimg zenimax cannot work out (hardware or software limitations). Then It's something they need to really consider doing for their customer base, esp being as many playerd would rather quit than start over from nothing.
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Ofcourse! And vice versa.
    I still would like to get all my loyalty rewards from the first year on pc, on my console account.
    And lately I have really wanted the option to transfer all stuff to my pc account.
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    More accurately, I think console players should share the same server as PC players. Exactly like they do in FFXIV.
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • mmcgibbo
    mmcgibbo
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes

I started out on PC but my laptop wasn't good enough to run it so I switched to console. Missed the character switch cutoff date by a week I was furious. Had to start over once it came out on ps4. Got to vr16 on my sorc and bought a laptop that could run anything. Decided to switch back but couldn't get my account info to save my life. Started over again. Now I got a cp300 nb. Will not be switching back but would love to get my sorc on my account too
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think, transferring a character or even all characters on an account from one system to another should be nothing more then a paid-for service ZOS should offer. Want to transfer - pay the price, and get your character transfered, no fuss about it.
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Seems only fair since PC players got to transfer to consoles.

I see no problem with this at all.
    NA/PC
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Rather they just fix console performance.

Haha yup
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Server transfers, yet another standard MMO feature