The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you think console players should be allowed to transfer to PC?

MerkzM8
MerkzM8
✭✭✭
Considering the game has been out for a while on console and some console players such as myself want to switch to PC but can't because they would have to abandon all progress they made on console, do you think that console players should have a limited option to transfer to PC much like the PC players had the option to transfer to console?
Edited by MerkzM8 on July 31, 2016 8:57PM
"What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

Do you think console players should be allowed to transfer to PC? 183 votes

Yes
81%
Solarikenmilesrodneymcneely2_ESOMojmiratwon23BigBraggPistolera_ESODrelkagpechecklerrudimentxb14_ESOwenchmore420b14_ESOSvenjaMadyVerboseQuipsItsGlaivefreespiritElara_NorthwindAlienSlofMaster_FluffBlackEarFastBandiet 150 votes
No (explain why)
18%
mlstevens42_ESOvailjohn_ESOItsMeTooAcrolasNewBlacksmurfcodybrewer78b14_ESOKelzanabertenburnyb16_ESOaubrey.baconb16_ESOdennissomb16_ESOmagnusthorekElsirkongkimTandorLeon119jrgray93Smasherx74ZombieZigKronuxxReverb 33 votes
  • Rayya_Blackheart
    Rayya_Blackheart
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Just judging by the horror stories... even if it's just a temp thing. Bring them over, I want to just give them all a hug and tell them "it'll be ok". :(
    PC NA Rayya Blackheart pitiful DPS NB CP160
    PC NA Phaedra Phoenix beast mode Templar Healer CP160
    PC NA lvl6 Mudcrab
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes! The more the merrier :smile:
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't really matter what we think ZOS have said there will be no more transfers between platforms. I think the only way you will get to transfer will be if they ever close down the console servers and move everyone left to PC.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    PC players were able to transfer their characters to Console, so i would say yes, Console players should have the same treatment.
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
    vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
    vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
    vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
    vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
    vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    it will happen eventually, when the players population decrease even more.
    i mean.. thats the reason we can group up now cross factions for dungeons and soon we'll have "one tamriel"
    less players -> group them up under advertisements.
    PC EU

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC players were able to transfer their characters to Console, so i would say yes, Console players should have the same treatment.

This was for PC players that wanted to switch to console when the game released on consoles so they wouldn't have to start over. Personally I don't think that was the best move but at this point it's irrelevant.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 31, 2016 9:19PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I say yes.

I personally couldn't find any other reason why it couldn't be done except laziness
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (explain why)
    Given that we can't even transfer between regional servers on the same platform, being able to transfer between platforms makes no sense (and never did).
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    but it depends on ms and sony, how they view it. they would be losing customers...
    Edited by jedtb16_ESO on July 31, 2016 9:34PM
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (explain why)
    DCUO didn't do this, and I don't want ESO doing this.

(Logic of majority of the community, disagree all you want it's true)
    Master Debater
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I don't see why not. Charge a fee so people don't hop servers all the time and let people switch. Could anyone explain why switching servers is a bad thing? Am I missing something?
    PC/EU DC
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Typhoios wrote: »
    I don't see why not. Charge a fee so people don't hop servers all the time and let people switch. Could anyone explain why switching servers is a bad thing? Am I missing something?

Servers, I wouldn't see much trouble in doing beyond switching to a server worse for you lol but platforms? Well...
    but it depends on ms and sony, how they view it. they would be losing customers...

That summed it up pretty well.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They were able to copy PC players to console because there was nothing on the console servers to begin with. I expect it would be significantly harder to merge a copy of current PC with whatever console players that wanted to transfer.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I will not be doing this.

.... But why shouldn't others be able to?

It's not all about what I am doing and how it would affect me. This is a very reasonable request, and just because I won't use it, does not mean it shouldn't happen.

@Smasherx74 Only a minority of the community even knows or cares about DCUO.... that is some of the worst logic I've ever seen to choose "No" in a poll. :lol:
  • MerkzM8
    MerkzM8
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    It doesn't really matter what we think ZOS have said there will be no more transfers between platforms

They also said that they would never resell the Black Senche and the other Senche ever again, but they did.
    "What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • MerkzM8
    MerkzM8
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    At this point I think it's safe to assume that if ZOS say they're never going to do something, there is a chance they still might do it.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MerkzM8 wrote: »
    It doesn't really matter what we think ZOS have said there will be no more transfers between platforms

They also said that they would never resell the Black Senche and the other Senche ever again, but they did.

That was to give console players a shot at the mounts, same for re-released pets.
  • MerkzM8
    MerkzM8
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

That was to give console players a shot at the mounts, same for re-released pets.

My point exactly, if they brought back "Limited Time" mounts just because console players didn't get a shot at them, then why won't they bring back platform transfer, because console players haven't gotten a "shot" at that either...
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

My point exactly, if they brought back "Limited Time" mounts just because console players didn't get a shot at them, then why won't they bring back platform transfer, because console players haven't gotten a "shot" at that either...

Because the transfer from PC to Console was so PC players could switch to consoles if they wanted to or were wanting to before console launch without having to start from scratch. Likewise, console players that started from scratch had a chance to obtain what PC did before console launch. With the deed done there is no reason to throw those things out there again.

If people wanted to play on PC instead of Consoles they've had like 3 years now to do so lol
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 31, 2016 10:47PM
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No (explain why)
    Waseem wrote: »
    it will happen eventually, when the players population decrease even more.
    i mean.. thats the reason we can group up now cross factions for dungeons and soon we'll have "one tamriel"
    less players -> group them up under advertisements.

Or the game is doing well = more funds generated = more money invested into the game and setup = ability to have "One tamriel"

Perspective.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes

They were able to copy PC players to console because there was nothing on the console servers to begin with. I expect it would be significantly harder to merge a copy of current PC with whatever console players that wanted to transfer.

Yeah I could see the potential difficulty in that. Some people seem to have a personal objection to server change beyond technical difficulties and I was curious.
    PC/EU DC
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No (explain why)
    Do i think we should? yes.

Do i think we will? No (not anytime soon at least) it would be quite difficult moving all your data over and playing on a different playform imo. What if you want to move back?

Who would want to go to PC anyway? Its all buggy with a largely arrogant community

I'd rather play it on my 50inch hd tv with hardly any hassle about lag and glitches
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish There only was one account and crossplay like final fantasy,but its too late
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rather they just fix console performance.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Sure. Why not? Between consoles, too. $50 , name change included. Old account is deleted. Must have already purchased game on yarget platform.
    Edited by Elsonso on July 31, 2016 11:02PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone remember that old rumor that ESO was going to be cross-platform? I wonder if that would include transfer to and from consoles and PC/Mac.

That said, if there was a transfer option from consoles to PC, I would probably do it. I bought my console because I had a budget, but eventually invested in a good gaming PC. Although PC probably has a lot more min/maxers, since they've had the game longer, I think it would be nice to have mods and DLCs early.

On the other hand, I think it'd be incredible for ZOS to offer console mods (like they are for the remastered Skyrim). Then I would stay. I'm tired of not having a filter system for searching guild traders. I'm tired of having to cross reference a site to find skyshards. I'm tired of these really crappy armor previews. I wish we could have buff timers, and I wish console text had come muuuch sooner.

P.S. I have no idea how to vote and include a comment. *fail*
    Edited by Pandorii on July 31, 2016 11:24PM
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    When Eso came out I made $9 an hour and had a garbage PC, but I had a PS4.

Now I make $18 an hour and have an alienware. But I refuse to start over on the grind and lose all my crown store stuff as most cannot be bought.

At this point I would pay for a transfer to PC-US.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (explain why)
    Doncellius wrote: »
    I will not be doing this.

.... But why shouldn't others be able to?

It's not all about what I am doing and how it would affect me. This is a very reasonable request, and just because I won't use it, does not mean it shouldn't happen.

@Smasherx74 Only a minority of the community even knows or cares about DCUO.... that is some of the worst logic I've ever seen to choose "No" in a poll. :lol:

Logic? The logic is not that it's DCUO specifically (goes to show your LACK of logic), it's about OTHER MMOs in general. People here will complain and compare ESO to other games for the sake of their own opinions.

Master Debater
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    yeah sure whatever.
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    mb10 wrote: »
    Do i think we should? yes.

Do i think we will? No (not anytime soon at least) it would be quite difficult moving all your data over and playing on a different playform imo. What if you want to move back?

Who would want to go to PC anyway? Its all buggy with a largely arrogant community

I'd rather play it on my 50inch hd tv with hardly any hassle about lag and glitches

I'd rather play on my TV with a controller too... but on PC.

Why? Voice chat on console is an abysmal experience and when there isn't the normal annoyances that make you want to leave voice chat, then players often do not communicate. PS4 crashes literally (no exaggeration here) once every 2 hours of play average. There is always 2 or 3 loading screens required to go from the way shrine to the undaunted pledge NPCs... something that should take about 10 seconds. Console players feel it's okay to just suddenly go idle with no warning for long periods. There's a serious lack of standard MMO Etiquette among console players. Frame rate in cyrodiil often drops below 5FPS for the entire duration of keep siege engagements. Navigating guild traders takes 10 times as long on PS4. Controls cannot be rebound in-game. You have to either sacrifice being able to quickly weapon swap or quickly sneak should you decide to use PS4 button remapping.

I originally did the account copy to PS4 at launch because controller support wasn't available on PC and the PC group finder was broken while the PC group finder was working great. Now over a year later it's the console group finder that's broken and console version with all the performance issues and bugs. Not to mention sometimes I want to play in my living room (on PC) and sometimes on my PC with my 3440x1440 monitor in my spare bedroom.
    End the tedious inventory management game.