Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Veteran & Trails - Required Health

kongkim
kongkim
✭✭✭✭✭
What will you say is the required health unbuffed to have when doing Veteran Dungeons and Trails?
As all 3 types:
Tank.
Healer.
Damage Dealer.
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    18k minimum for all builds.
    Helps avoid a one shot.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Helps avoid a one shot.

No way a tank should be doing vet trials with 18k health. That is absurd.

I agree 18k for DPS and Healer is a minimum.... but for a tank I'd say minimum 28k, ideally 30k.
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jimmy wrote: »
    Helps avoid a one shot.

No way a tank should be doing vet trials with 18k health. That is absurd.

I agree 18k for DPS and Healer is a minimum.... but for a tank I'd say minimum 28k, ideally 30k.

This. But also minimum 16k resistances. None of this 10k physical can't take a hit crap. All good saying you've got 40k dps on bloodspawn when you're on the the floor 50% of the time.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For vet dungeons and normal trials, Healer / DD is 16k minimum (you'd better know the dungeon by heart tho), recommended is 18k. For tanks, 20k minimum, 25k is recommended for the standard block build.

For veteran trials, the minimum for Healer / DD would be 18k, recommended 20k, taking into account that someone is running Ebon. Tanks should be in the 26-30k range.

Again, depending on CPs and knowledge of the dungeon / trial mechanics, you might want to invest more into health. Running vCoA on your first character with 16k health and less than 100 CPs while knowing none of the bosses is a ticket straight to to the Void.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no need for a good DPS to ever need more than 16k or so. If he has more, great, but only so long as it has not impacted his ability to perform 25k+ damage (and I maintain that's the expected standard of all DPS in a Veteran Trial).

Healers should try to match the dps health.

Tanks should be sitting pretty at well above 27k health.

Please let me stress, this is for GOOD dps, healers, and tanks. The guys who can clear everything in the game so far. If you're struggling to STILL complete Hard Mode Hel Ra or Aetherian Archive (and I know from posts those people exist) take this with a grain of salt.
    Edited by Shadesofkin on July 29, 2016 1:59PM
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This. But also minimum 16k resistances.
    Lolwut?

10K physical resistance is just fine for a DD or healer--the player just needs to be situationally aware, avoid red, and know how to avoid or survive mechanical deaths.

Health for a DD or healer should be around 17-19K.

Health for a tank should be 25-35K. There's a much wider range here--some builds need more, some need less; some content need more, some need less, and there's also a lot of personal preference/comfort involved too.
    Edited by code65536 on July 29, 2016 2:03PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its good info. And thx all. Have around 19k almost 20K health on my DD and 18K on my healer at the moment :)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I place zero attributes into health on any of my DPS or healers. For vSO I do have harness magika on one bar when on a magika build for the Lightning debuff and world shaper. That's it.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    25k+ for tanks.
    16-18k+ for everyone else, depending on knowledge of mechanics and build.
    Edited by Autolycus on July 29, 2016 4:28PM
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For DPS 16.5-18.5k is fine, maybe even a bit more with TBS. My Magicka sorc has 18.5k whereas my Stamina sorc has 16.5k and they both go fine, admittedly deadly cloak helps with the Stamina sorc!

But yep, everyone here is right pretty much, 16.5-18.5k is fine.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    For DPS 16.5-18.5k is fine, maybe even a bit more with TBS. My Magicka sorc has 18.5k whereas my Stamina sorc has 16.5k and they both go fine, admittedly deadly cloak helps with the Stamina sorc!

But yep, everyone here is right pretty much, 16.5-18.5k is fine.

Exactly. If a dps is wearing TBS or a monster helm that adds health they will have slightly higher health.

Outside of that under 17k health is fine. Requiring groups to have higher HP will hinder dps and as such the group deals with more damage.

At that, some groups may just need to slow the fight down and require more health if the group is challenged to get out of red or block in time or their healers are working to improve their skills.

Also, with exception of a shield stacking tank, 25k HP is little bit low, but who am I to judge.
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot depends on the player. Someone who has run every Vet Dungeon and Trial 30+ times and knows all the boss mechanics by heart can survive easily with 16k HP. A brand new player who does not have this experience will die repeatedly having this low of health. Recommended HP for a new player is 18k.

A lot of good players will run a bit more health if they are doing hardmode and veteran versions of Trials. There are a lot of mechanics that just happen to deal 18-20k damage in one shot, and running with 16k HP is very risky.
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like 20k for heals and dd in vdsa, makes final stage less risky during that one attack.
    Though 18k seems fine for all else, though I do tend to just stay around 20k mark
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I you really know what you are doing, 16K is enough. That is about where you will be if you, for example, go seven light armor and do absolutely nothing to boost your health other than food.

If you are asking the question, I would say 18-20k is a good safe zone. Any less and you are bringing one shots into play, and any more is a DPS loss.

Most good raids will be buffing your health a bit with Ebon armor (1.1K health) and Aggressive Warhorn (10% stat boost), which helps.

My glass cannon Stam DK sits around 17.3K health outside of a raid. Running twice born star gives me one health buff, which is nice. In a raid after buffs, I am closer to 20k which is plenty.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of people are saying 18k minimum, which is what I usually shoot for. However, last night I ran my nightblade healer through vCoA for the first time and got one-shot a couple times with 18.2K health. Admittedly I was in a full glass-cannon no-mitigation setup, but I think I'm going to adjust my minimum up to 20K.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can run any vet dungeon with ~16k hp.

If you are a magicka build, run Annulment. It should get you at least an 8k shield at minimum, for me, it gets me nearly 15k, with 0 points in Bastion. Learn when to use Annulment, and you're good.

If you're a stamina build, keep up Shuffle for 20% dodge chance, and remember to Vigor. On certain bosses (IE Hard Mode Lord Warden Dusk) consider switching Dual-Wield for Two-Handed for Rally, for the heal. You're going to be much more aware at range, and won't die to portals, and that way you can take his machinegun mode attack.

In trials, the healers are going to be providing the groups with massive HPS, so you won't have to worry too much about anything.

You can probably do vMA on 16k HP on a magicka build. I've gotten to Round 5 boss like that.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are not running with a core group, don't know the dungeon/trials, or are overall not at least 90% certain of your chance of success:

20k for heals/dps
    27k for tanks

If you are confident, those numbers can go down by 2-3k.
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
  • Egocanemveresum
    Egocanemveresum
    ✭✭✭
    healer and dps at least 18k
    tank my varies easy dungeons I use a build that is at 29k health but for VICP and trials, and the new ones coming I usually run around 35k health, 12k magic and 18k stam. With a high stam and health regeneration rate.
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been wondering about this myself. I usually run with around 19-20k on my healer in trials, counting a tank with ebon.

I just got a full infallible aether set to go with my spc. It plops me in full light armor at 16k health. I love the power it gives my teams. Dungeons are sooo eaasy I think I could do them naked but I'm unsure how this will work in trials. It should give me 17khealth with ebon. I am tentatively going to try it out. Lacking the undaunted mettle makes me wish that the boosts for a full light armor set looked a little better on my character sheet.

Is anyone else running this kind of setup? Has anyone else ever done full light armor? I'm on ps4 and my only experiences with this are a few healers rocking spc with worms. They... tend to be dead. A lot.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been wondering about this myself. I usually run with around 19-20k on my healer in trials, counting a tank with ebon.

I just got a full infallible aether set to go with my spc. It plops me in full light armor at 16k health. I love the power it gives my teams. Dungeons are sooo eaasy I think I could do them naked but I'm unsure how this will work in trials. It should give me 17khealth with ebon. I am tentatively going to try it out. Lacking the undaunted mettle makes me wish that the boosts for a full light armor set looked a little better on my character sheet.

Is anyone else running this kind of setup? Has anyone else ever done full light armor? I'm on ps4 and my only experiences with this are a few healers rocking spc with worms. They... tend to be dead. A lot.

With SPC and worm I'm not dead a lot. The healers I run with pretty much run full light and they're not dead a lot.

Most of the posts in here are providing incorrect info, though they are valuable oppinions.

One needs only enough health to survive.

How much health we need varries based on the player and groups skill. Not being demeaning or anything but a player that may not notice some mechanics as well will need more health regardless of dps or healer. A group that heavy with players like this, even more so since its adding to the burden of the healer. Healers are no exception.

As players get more experience with both their build and the content they should be able to do with less health.

Tanks are a different story. While I've not seen a trial tank run with less than 28k health (except sorc pre-DB), I've seen everything up to 45k+ health. It all depends on the build and viable tank builds vary much more than dps and heal builds do.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kongkim wrote: »
    What will you say is the required health unbuffed to have when doing Veteran Dungeons and Trails?
    As all 3 types:
    Tank.
    Healer.
    Damage Dealer.

With food buff:
    Usually I see healers and dpses with 16k and above, it just has to be enough that you don't get oneshot by boss abilities you can't avoid. I have about 17k on most of my dpses and healer, which is enough for me to stay alive.
    Tanks can get by with 25k, but I have seen everything from 25 to 35, it's really just whatever is enough for the individual tank to stay alive. Personally I run 28k on both my tanks.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I gruop fro trails on my duel wield knight blade...
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the response. This makes me a little less tentative for this weekend. I tend to be an aware player- by no means elite. But I am comfortable in most trials at this point.

Do you run a shield at all?

Edited by VampiricByNature on July 29, 2016 7:21PM
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kongkim wrote: »
    As all 3 types:
    Tank.
    Healer.
    Damage Dealer.

i can only speak as a dps. for wgt we'd 4 dps it, I'd slot a taunt and just do dps. I was able to 'tank' every boss in wgt with 16-17k health and medium armour. But this requires me to pay far more attention to 1 shot mechanics, absolutely doable.

for vmsa and vet trials your dps needs at least 20k health to void them 1shots. In dungeons healers should never have much aggro. for trash the dps will have most the aggro, on bosses it's tanks. I can't see any reason healers need more than 16k health but 18k is a good cushion if you feel squishy. For healer I'd reckon 20-21k is also good for trials.
    Edited by Ep1kMalware on July 29, 2016 9:54PM