Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance June 5, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ETA on weapon dying?

• waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I buy the faction CP 160 weapons just to have normal looking colors...I hate the rubedite red enough to have inferior weapons or those that don't suit my build.
    Options
  • Edgemoor
    Edgemoor
    ✭✭✭
    Why are pink swords considered bad when you create the most *** rainbow armor already?

Probably the same as a bright red or bright blue sword to be honest. The only difference is that for some reason ZOS decided to have bright blue and bright red metals, I doubt the decision was based on scientific principles. But I am open to being convinced on that.

On the otherhand there's no reason alloys don't exist with the same properties ..... new crafting skill metallurgy ?
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stravokov wrote: »
    The arguments in this thread are inconsistent with the facts. We have armor and shields that can be dyed completely different colors regardless of what metal they are made of. I don't see why it is an issue for the Developers, or even why it's being debated. Seems to me like an easy future DLC

And that's what most are fearing that weapon dyes will be like costume dyes be only available via ESO+ or crown store which would just be a horribly horribly idea since ZoS keeped saying that weapon dyes would be added. Shortly after armor then with shield dyes then shortly after shields then with costumes and now they are "debating" about it.

I just was a simple Skyrim steel colored greatsword that's all to much to ask for ZoS ?
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I am not careful, I die because of weapons all the time. :smile:

More on topic, I am not in favor of coloring the metal weapons. Hilts and handles, yes, and staves and bows, too. The metal part of swords, daggers, axes, and so forth, nope. They stay the color they are today.

So then, according to your line of thinking, then our METAL armor should also not be dyeable. Because, since the weapons are made out of EXACTLY THE SAME metal, it wouldn't make ANY logical sense that we could dye our metal armor but not our metal weapons.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leon119 wrote: »
    Leon119 wrote: »
    A couple ESO Lives ago they said they were still having heated debate about it internally.
    heated debates ? really ? what are they debating ? everything else is dyable and can be made to look either ridiculous or epic. bright red metal swords maces axes and bright red WOOD staves definetly fall into the epic category in ZOS's eyes i take it ?

This pretty much confirms every ZOS employee is a dirty argonian lover or a mead drunkard.... because you know cuz the pact is red :P . ( i like the dark elves so they get no abuse :D )

Theyre debating if they can somehow monetize it - if yes, the suits will let them implement it, otherwise no weapon dyes.

honestly at this point i dont care if they monetize it like constume dyes as long as we get it :pensive:

Please, no! I want to choose my colors not be forced to choose from a palette.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2290+
    Options
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
    Options
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ffastyl wrote: »

sorry, didn't know you were the first to ever suggest it
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edgemoor wrote: »
    Why are pink swords considered bad when you create the most *** rainbow armor already?

Probably the same as a bright red or bright blue sword to be honest. The only difference is that for some reason ZOS decided to have bright blue and bright red metals, I doubt the decision was based on scientific principles. But I am open to being convinced on that.

On the otherhand there's no reason alloys don't exist with the same properties ..... new crafting skill metallurgy ?

We dye or metal armors just fine there is absolutely zero reason to need a metallurgy explanation.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Rubidite weapons look ridiculous, in general. There's ways to skirt around it, like using glass weapons, but that red... it doesn't look like a metal. It reminds me of those plastic accessories that came with toys. The manufacturer would be too cheap to paint them, so you'd get things like bright orange or red swords. The sculpt may have been fantastic, but there was always that color.

I total agree with you on this thing is if for example Rubidite is intend alloy then weapon should have the color at all i hope we can in near future color the weapon but i would say that dye should be metal color on blades
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
    Options
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to be able to dye weapons so I can dye them crazy colors like Rubedite Red.
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
    Options
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short answer
    No ETA
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
    Options
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I like pink swords, they express myself, by saying "Pink doesn't mean it isn't manly"
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
    Options
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valn wrote: »
    Ffastyl wrote: »

sorry, didn't know you were the first to ever suggest it

The messages in that thread pertain to the arguments in this one. Supplemental reading.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
    Options
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirikir wrote: »
    I love that in the case of a purely glamour idea like this, people against it simply don't rationalize that they won't use the the system. They insist no one else should be allowed to do so either for no better reason then they feel their opinion is so valid that all others are inferior and do not deserve consideration.

Yes, but we still have to see the horribly stupid dyed weapons of others. Cant turn that off.

Also, your coment on opinons seems more like projection to me...
    Edited by notimetocare on July 29, 2016 8:39AM
    Options
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, but we still have to see the horribly stupid dyed weapons of others. Cant turn that off.

Hence the comment I added at the beginning :) limit the color palette
    Options
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirikir wrote: »
    I love that in the case of a purely glamour idea like this, people against it simply don't rationalize that they won't use the the system. They insist no one else should be allowed to do so either for no better reason then they feel their opinion is so valid that all others are inferior and do not deserve consideration.

Hence my earlier suggestion:

"For all those who hate color on anything, why not add an option in the settings to turn off other player's dye choices in total? That way everyone can be all grey/black/pale ghost to fit your taste."

Options