Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ETA on weapon dying?

Valn
Valn
✭✭✭✭✭
Is it in the works? Is it on the table? Are you talking about adding it in??? I'm sick of looking at red swords! Give me a nice grey metal one!
Edited by Valn on July 28, 2016 9:36PM
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple ESO Lives ago they said they were still having heated debate about it internally. Frankly, unless there's some technical limitation, the debate should be over and they should only be discussing where it fits in the development cycle. :p
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I am not careful, I die because of weapons all the time. :smile:

More on topic, I am not in favor of coloring the metal weapons. Hilts and handles, yes, and staves and bows, too. The metal part of swords, daggers, axes, and so forth, nope. They stay the color they are today.

Edited by Elsonso on July 28, 2016 8:02PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

More on topic, I am not in favor of coloring the metal weapons. Hilts and handles, yes, and staves and bows, too. The metal part of swords, daggers, axes, and so forth, nope. They stay the color they are today.

Pretty sure that this is actually the specific part that people have a problem with.. Rubedite weapons making the blades and heads of weapon red..

Options
  • G-sus_NL
    G-sus_NL
    ✭✭
    I'm fine with dyeing as long as it's only metal colors. I don't want to see bright green or pink weapons, just as I don't like the ruby color weapons.
    PSN: G-sus - EU - Daggerfall Covenant - DW DK Imperial
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Rubidite weapons look ridiculous, in general. There's ways to skirt around it, like using glass weapons, but that red... it doesn't look like a metal. It reminds me of those plastic accessories that came with toys. The manufacturer would be too cheap to paint them, so you'd get things like bright orange or red swords. The sculpt may have been fantastic, but there was always that color.
    Options
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, make it so that you can use metallics on metals, as to avoid horrors :) Though I would like an exception to be made for black.. Darkening blades with soot is a thing :smile:

I just don't want to re-experience this.. Those power *** were horrible
    latest?cb=20150215023420

Options
  • Xerosus
    Xerosus
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2z7pnpx.jpg

*drumroll*

20tnwk5.jpg

Well ***, the universe didn't collapse upon itself...
    signing off
    Options
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    G-sus_NL wrote: »
    I'm fine with dyeing as long as it's only metal colors. I don't want to see bright green or pink weapons, just as I don't like the ruby color weapons.

In my opinion a chrome hilt or pommel would be just as ridiculous.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Options
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go play Fallen Earth then :smile: best 1handed pvp weapon in the game
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure that this is actually the specific part that people have a problem with.. Rubedite weapons making the blades and heads of weapon red..

Rubedite should make the blade red. It is a red metal. The rest of it should be able to be colored.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Rubedite should make the blade red. It is a red metal. The rest of it should be able to be colored.

With that argument, none of the metal should be able to be colored
    Options
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But we can dye rubedite metal armor. And it's ugly, I want it out.
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
    Options
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atleast give me the option to craft a weapon and retain its original color design, regardless of level or material.
    Options
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love that in the case of a purely glamour idea like this, people against it simply don't rationalize that they won't use the the system. They insist no one else should be allowed to do so either for no better reason then they feel their opinion is so valid that all others are inferior and do not deserve consideration.
    Edited by Eirikir on July 28, 2016 9:12PM
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
    Options
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I want swords that are a iron/steel look at cp160 not red! Red looks horrible with my gear and sticks so much
    Options
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP. I'm sick of pink swords!

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
    Options
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh. I just don't get what the hulabaloo is about, it'l come eventually, they've back peddled on numerous "we're not going to..." so no matter what we will eventually see Pink Swords
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
    Options
  • Eshja
    Eshja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glass weapons are a little bit comforting with its color but every non-crafted sets make me feel uncomfortable... I crafted soul-shriven bow on cp160 and on 3 lvl, and this one created with maple was really pretty compared to red one... Even if it's only dark brown with shade of red. But the quiver was worst.
    @Eshja (PC EU) Master crafter | Roleplayer | Trial scrub | Love healing ♥
    My characters: Nimpys Elenmir| Narielle Telvanni | Moans-Loudly | Vivienne The Zookeeper | Zamiatająca-Ogonem | Kha'mathre | Irgret Soul-Breaker
    Options
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirikir wrote: »
    I love that in the case of a purely glamour idea like this, people against it simply don't rationalize that they won't use the the system. They insist no one else should be allowed to do so either for no better reason then they feel their opinion is so valid that all others are inferior and do not deserve consideration.

Welcome to the Forums :smile:

I completely favor coloring every part of the weapon; The handle or any other leather-based wrap should take dyes like Medium Armor; The wooden areas take stains; the metal of a blade should be exactly like the metal of an armor, there's no logical reason why it cannot take coloring, except for personal preference.

For all those who hate color on anything, why not add an option in the settings to turn off other player's dye choices in total? That way everyone can be all grey to fit your taste.

For my part, I just want to match my outfit better, which usually means a fairly subdued earth-tone or rich dark jewel color, but if folks want pink everything, I say go for it. I think it's a false macho thing that no one wants to get squashed in PVP by a Pink Panther with a Pink Greatsword. Offends the gamer-leet-masculinity vibe.
    Options
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want my glass sword to look like this.

latest?cb=20121012151804

Options
  • Leon119
    Leon119
    ✭✭✭✭
    A couple ESO Lives ago they said they were still having heated debate about it internally.
    heated debates ? really ? what are they debating ? everything else is dyable and can be made to look either ridiculous or epic. bright red metal swords maces axes and bright red WOOD staves definetly fall into the epic category in ZOS's eyes i take it ?

This pretty much confirms every ZOS employee is a dirty argonian lover or a mead drunkard.... because you know cuz the pact is red :P . ( i like the dark elves so they get no abuse :D )
    Options
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leon119 wrote: »
    A couple ESO Lives ago they said they were still having heated debate about it internally.
    heated debates ? really ? what are they debating ? everything else is dyable and can be made to look either ridiculous or epic. bright red metal swords maces axes and bright red WOOD staves definetly fall into the epic category in ZOS's eyes i take it ?

This pretty much confirms every ZOS employee is a dirty argonian lover or a mead drunkard.... because you know cuz the pact is red :P . ( i like the dark elves so they get no abuse :D )

Theyre debating if they can somehow monetize it - if yes, the suits will let them implement it, otherwise no weapon dyes.
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on July 28, 2016 10:05PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
    Options
  • Leon119
    Leon119
    ✭✭✭✭

Theyre debating if they can somehow monetize it - if yes, the suits will let them implement it, otherwise no weapon dyes.

honestly at this point i dont care if they monetize it like constume dyes as long as we get it :pensive:
    Options
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be good. I can't put any shades of green on my character. Makes me look like a Christmas tree.
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    G-sus_NL wrote: »

Actually pink is a realistic color a metal weapon can become.
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a "heated debate" meaning half the devs are for it other half isn't which is stupid because 97% of the community wants its. Sorry ZoS but your feelings really have no say in this so just add weapon dyes already it literally is not hurting any one to add them.
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Pretty much the question that should be asked is not ETA but how much will it cost us.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why are pink swords considered bad when you create the most *** rainbow armor already?
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • Stravokov
    Stravokov
    ✭✭✭✭
    The arguments in this thread are inconsistent with the facts. We have armor and shields that can be dyed completely different colors regardless of what metal they are made of. I don't see why it is an issue for the Developers, or even why it's being debated. Seems to me like an easy future DLC
    Options