Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Livestream Plans This Week

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi everyone!

This week, we will not be broadcasting a new episode of ESO Live on Twitch. Instead, we have a special treat for you.

Beginning at 12:00pm EDT (noon) on 7/29, ESO Dungeon Lead Mike Finnigan will be teaming up with Larry Everett from MassivelyOP.com to battle their way through Cradle of Shadows - one of the new dungeons featured in the upcoming Shadows of the Hist DLC game pack – live on Twitch! Joining them will be Designer Anthony Oliver, and QA Senior Tester Jay Hartman. In addition, we'll be doing some live giveaways in the chat room during the stream for those who are able to attend.

We’ll post a link to the stream by Friday morning, and we hope to see you there!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this would be really interesting to watch if the team used some of the classes that the community feels are underperforming. For example, the DPS could constitute a magicka DK and magicka Sorc. The group should run a tank (maybe Orc), rather than a 3rd dps, and for the healer, maybe a sorc pet build. That way, the team could try to dispel the communities doubts about imbalanced classes or at least see where the community is coming from.

I'm thinking though it'll probably be the "easy" PvE class/race combinations that we'll be seeing.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^ good idea
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert Take this opportunity to troll your employees by making them do it on veteran.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which ZOS staff member will be on hand to discuss the upcoming balance changes?
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert Take this opportunity to troll your employees by making them do it on veteran.

@ZOS_RichLambert Increase the difficulty of every enemy (including bosses) by at least 3 times! Give them all tons more health and damage than they should ever have.

Make other Devs test it on stream. Would be so funny :)
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd have preferred an ESO Live. But I guess many people will be happy about the livestreamed dungeon. Good luck guys ! :-)

• Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone!

This week, we will not be broadcasting a new episode of ESO Live on Twitch. Instead, we have a special treat for you.

Beginning at 12:00pm EDT (noon) on 7/29, ESO Dungeon Lead Mike Finnigan will be teaming up with Larry Everett from MassivelyOP.com to battle their way through Cradle of Shadows - one of the new dungeons featured in the upcoming Shadows of the Hist DLC game pack – live on Twitch! Joining them will be Designer Anthony Oliver, and QA Senior Tester Jay Hartman. In addition, we'll be doing some live giveaways in the chat room during the stream for those who are able to attend.

We’ll post a link to the stream by Friday morning, and we hope to see you there!

I don't get it. It's like watching people build a model before getting to build the model. I'll play it when it comes out if i have any crown left over.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make them use one of each class to be fair to every class
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice, avoid all the issues the community is currently concerned about (Breton Hero costume / Malubeth / etc) and provide a live stream of a Dungeon that isn't all that important to most. I guess it will be fun to see the possible cringe game-play when the developers play but i personally would rather hear new's about bugs that the dev team is aware of and comments on issues that the community has received no feedback on.

Will there be an ESO Live next Week? @ZOS_GinaBruno

PS4 NA DC
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    I think this would be really interesting to watch if the team used some of the classes that the community feels are underperforming. For example, the DPS could constitute a magicka DK and magicka Sorc. The group should run a tank (maybe Orc), rather than a 3rd dps, and for the healer, maybe a sorc pet build. That way, the team could try to dispel the communities doubts about imbalanced classes or at least see where the community is coming from.

I'm thinking though it'll probably be the "easy" PvE class/race combinations that we'll be seeing.

This one made me go "what...?"

And considering the state of PvE, this won't dispel anything. Completing a dungeon is not an achievement, you could very well be running a stam tank/healer and 3 DDs, you could even be running 1 tank and 1 DD and still complete it.

You can be running whatever the hell you want and be successful. Running an Orc tank will have people comment "oh well, they would definitely have won this fight / have been much easier if XXX had another race instead"?

PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone!

Great! Glad to be seeing more community interaction. Are they doing Normal or Veteran? :O

I'll try to tune in, but that's around when my team's scheduled to go to lunch... here's hoping I get to catch most of it!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys! In a surprising twist of events, we are going to be livestreaming with MMORPG.com in about 5 minutes! Be sure to tune in to see the ESO developers play through the Ruins of Mazzatun dungeon with Bill Murphy. We'll be doing a few giveaways throughout the stream as well. :)

http://www.mmorpg.com/streams.cfm/stream/mmorpgcom
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys! In a surprising twist of events, we are going to be livestreaming with MMORPG.com in about 5 minutes! Be sure to tune in to see the ESO developers play through the Ruins of Mazzatun dungeon with Bill Murphy. We'll be doing a few giveaways throughout the stream as well. :)

http://www.mmorpg.com/streams.cfm/stream/mmorpgcom

AW YISS I am so there.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twitch link for anyone that would like it:
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ach a shame there is not the ESO Live.

This one she hoped for maybe a fashion parade of the devs or something.

Yours with soon to be stylish paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am going to be a little cranky here. I wish you would not stream group content before it is released. It feels like everyone in my guild knows the mechanics already. Figuring out White Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison with guildies was a lot of fun. I know there were YouTube videos and stuff out there, but they don't seem to have the following the official ZOS streams do. Trying to find 3 other good players who don't know the new dungeons already seems like it is going to be much harder than when vWGT and vICP came out.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno That was a fun stream, really good watch. And thank you for being awesome in the chat, got a ton of questions answered :)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any plans to provide a replay (including chat) for those of us who have to work today?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any plans to provide a replay (including chat) for those of us who have to work today?

It's actually at the link Gina posted (without chat unfortunately).

http://massivelyop.com/2016/07/29/the-stream-team-elder-scrolls-onlines-cradle-of-shadows-with-zenimax/
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@lordrichter

If you go directly to the Twitch page (link is at the bottom of the page in Gina's post) you can re-watch it with chat :)
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    I am going to be a little cranky here. I wish you would not stream group content before it is released. It feels like everyone in my guild knows the mechanics already. Figuring out White Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison with guildies was a lot of fun. I know there were YouTube videos and stuff out there, but they don't seem to have the following the official ZOS streams do. Trying to find 3 other good players who don't know the new dungeons already seems like it is going to be much harder than when vWGT and vICP came out.

Er, they're kinda late to the party. Tons of people tried out the dungeons during the first week of PTS, streaming them, posting videos, guides, etc. By this point, anyone who wants to be spoiled has already been spoiled, and this stream being more official won't really change any of that.

If you don't want to be spoiled, then group with people who have a similar mindset.

Also, you could still get that first-time-figuring-out-the-dungeon experience on the PTS. I didn't want to be spoiled, so during the first few days, I purposefully didn't check out any of the videos and streams. My friends had the same mindset, and they refrained. When we were ready, we all hopped onto the PTS together and experienced the dungeons and their mechanics for our very first time. (I wasn't going to wait for Live to experience the dungeons, and wiping is a lot cheaper on the PTS. :p)
    Edited by code65536 on July 30, 2016 12:21AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't find link to re watch mmorpg's stream, their Twitch past broadcasts not working for me. Was able to watch Massively OP's no problem on YouTube.
    PC EU
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    leeux wrote: »

TY
    PC EU
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not to be negative, but this is a bit worrying to watch.

The guy who play are the dungeon designer right?
    Anyway. There is no medium weave. He dont notice bound aegis is off. His food buff goes off, he does'nt notice. He heavy attack with full magicka. He saves up 1000 ultimate and never use his meteor, when meteor are designed to be used, specially for a sorc with reduce cost. He spams liquid lightning up to 4-5 times. In other words, its like he never played the game before

If you only design dungeons with how they look and how mechanics are made etc, its ok.
    But please tell me players like this are not doing the final test of the actual gameplay.

Again, so sorry for sounding negative here, but im actually worried when looking at this.
    Btw, just realised why COA got nerfed.

Have to add, I never saw a weapon swap either.
    Edited by OrphanHelgen on July 31, 2016 12:04AM
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyway. There is no medium weave. He dont notice bound aegis is off. His food buff goes off, he does'nt notice. He heavy attack with full magicka. He saves up 1000 ultimate and never use his meteor, when meteor are designed to be used, specially for a sorc with reduce cost. He spams liquid lightning up to 4-5 times. In other words, its like he never played the game before

If you only design dungeons with how they look and how mechanics are made etc, its ok.
    But please tell me players like this are not doing the final test of the actual gameplay.

Again, so sorry for sounding negative here, but im actually worried when looking at this.

No, the guy streaming isn't the dungeon designer. He's an outsider who's hosting this run. You'll be better off paying attention to what the "Finn" character does, as he's the lead dungeon guy.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

No, the guy streaming isn't the dungeon designer. He's an outsider who's hosting this run. You'll be better off paying attention to what the "Finn" character does, as he's the lead dungeon guy.

Sry for not paying attention. I just saw he had no idea what he was doing and streaming for zos. No need to start a huge discussion. thanks for answer.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Sry for not paying attention. I just saw he had no idea what he was doing and streaming for zos. No need to start a huge discussion. thanks for answer.

You weren't listening either. He specifically mentioned that he had no idea how to play a sorc, and no idea how to play a distant damage dealer, but he chose this in order for us viewers to have a large view of what was happening instead of the close up, restricted view of a melee DD. Besides, he was obviously more concerned with having a stable camera with a nice angle than efficient gameplay, and that's appropriate in this context.

Also, they were all playing more or less badly, as they said, because they were concentrating on the conversation. The idea was to give us a "live" insight of the dungeon, what expects us there, what they had in mind while designing it, etc. Not to see them wiping over and over (what would have been the case if they had chosen vet mode) nor to see them roflstomping everything (which would have been the case with a proper team, non-template CP501 chars and people focusing on playing instead of talking).

You on the other hand gave us an instant insight of how "elite" (meant negatively this time) players think and judge other players without taking anything else into consideration. As soon as someone hardcatsts crystal frags, leaves an opportunity unused, or doesn't use an AOE when there are multiple targets, or does/doesn't do any of the things you mentioned, they're immediately classified.

I think that, in return, emphasizing that YOU weren't paying attention to either what was shown nor what was said in the context is only fair.

(edited for grammar and spelling)
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on July 31, 2016 8:12AM
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sry, but even when talking with friends on ts and when playing a new class you can play a lot better than they did. i was seriously shocked, too. It also shows, that they didn't really prepare for this stream, which is even more worrying.
    Noobplar