Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 11 Guide: ESO Style Parlor"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Update 11 Guide: ESO Style Parlor. Be sure to check out the article to learn about all the character customization options coming to ESO, and how to use them!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Page not found.
  • YoshinJaa
    YoshinJaa
    ✭✭✭
    1000 Crowns to change your Appearance.
    3000 Crowns for Race change (and Appearance as well).
    2500 Crowns for Name change (lol)

200 Crowns per each premium hairstyle, adornment, etc.

3500 Crowns for a Complete change (first 3 listed). Best value (due to pricing) if considering to buy the Race or Name change.

Not sure why these prices are that high, but not a fan of them at ALL.
    Edited by YoshinJaa on July 26, 2016 4:44PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My one question (which is NOT answered in the article) is:

Can I have one character with both the burn scars/body AND the dragon tattoo?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    YoshinJaa wrote: »
    This seems fine IMO.
    Wow, happy I'm not a die-hard min-maxer.
    Ugh. I know they want to dis-incentivize frequent name changes, but ouch. Glad I got the names I wanted during early access.
    Unless you plan on buying every last adornment this does not seem too bad.

Edited by wayfarerx on July 26, 2016 4:31PM
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the link Gina.

Worth noting at the bottom of the article, 3500 crowns to change ALL of your character, so thats Race (which includes ALL appearance changes), and Name Change. So if someone wants to change everything on their character, you'll save money by going with that bundle.

Personally, I just want to touch up my appearance, so will be going with the 1000 crown one. :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • YoshinJaa
    YoshinJaa
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    This seems fine IMO.

Appearance and the premium styles are okay I suppose with pricing but Race and Name is extremely expensive, especially for people looking forward to finally changing their stuff around, but they may not be able to do so due to the high pricing. At the very least, they should discount it maybe for a short time?
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    This seems fine IMO.

Appearance and the premium styles are okay I suppose with pricing but Race and Name is extremely expensive, especially for people looking forward to finally changing their stuff around, but they may not be able to do so due to the high pricing. At the very least, they should discount it maybe for a short time?

A limited-time discount would be nice, and if these things cost gold I bet we would get exactly that. However, there is no universe where ZOS management is going to walk away from the big pile of race-change cash that is waiting for them in August.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My character's appearance changed permanently in game due to a bug. I'm glad I can finally fix it, but I am miffed at the price
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the combo offer, it looks like they want to discourage too many changes (like name) yet I think the prices are about 500 crowns too high.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No word on how much they want for the base game hair pack, but they gave the price for everything else.

My guess is like 4000 Crowns, since it has 90+ hair styles in it (an 18000 Crown value! ...ahem)
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that you guys have the nerve to only letting us re style our characters by paying with real life money is bad and greedy enough, but the fact that a name change is not included in race change is even worse then that.... Just watch, zenimax will do the same thing for housing when it comes around. You want that special house in your favorite zone? 5k crowns. Oh you didn't like the door type that the house came with? that'll be 1k crowns more please. Zenimax has no idea what consumer goodwill is. You lost mine, i hope it was worth the extra money it earned you. And i wouldn't be suprised if it was.
  • mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    So it will only cost me about 28000 crowns to make all the changes I want to make with my characters? That's what, like $200...

@ZOS_GinaBruno:
    Are you guys for real? Or is this some kind of prank? If so, haha, you got me good!
    Edited by mistermacintosh on July 26, 2016 6:15PM
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3500 Crowns for a Complete change (first 3 listed). Best value (due to pricing) if considering to buy the Race or Name change.

Are you KIDDING ME??? Seriously ZOS how badly is your company doing financially to justify these kids of prices? I don't know why I'm shocked...but I am. And painfully disappointed. Nothing justifies this. Nothing.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that you guys have the nerve to only letting us re style our characters by paying with real life money is bad and greedy enough, but the fact that a name change is not included in race change is even worse then that.... Just watch, zenimax will do the same thing for housing when it comes around. You want that special house in your favorite zone? 5k crowns. Oh you didn't like the door type that the house came with? that'll be 1k crowns more please. Zenimax has no idea what consumer goodwill is. You lost mine, i hope it was worth the extra money it earned you. And i wouldn't be suprised if it was.

@MyNameIsElias - Just to point out that you can get them in a bundle that includes the race and name change for 3500 Crowns. That makes the name change 500 Crowns.
  • GindralesDemnevanni
    In every known my mmo TOTAL change in appearance as it is expensive. Do not surprise me costs.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appearance Change is reasonable. The other's are too rich for my blood. Especially the name change one.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Appearance Change is reasonable. The other's are too rich for my blood. Especially the name change one.

I think the appearance change is a bit much. I would have liked to see it more in the 750 Crown range, just to get rid of the "4 digit" stigma. I would have REALLY liked it if they had stuck it in the game for gold, but I guess we get a "hair stylist" in the game for "free" with the purchase of a hair pack, available for an undisclosed cost.

As for the Race and Name change, I consider those to be Premium services. Around $30-35 for a race/appearance/name change is certainly in line with that.
  • Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally overpriced, and I'm really disappointed by announced prices. Sorry Zenimax, but I'll keep my money in my pocket this time.
  • SubtleHate
    SubtleHate
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Halve the prices.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS I also want you to know that once again you've completely disappointed your roleplaying community. So many of us were thrilled that we could now do things like kill a character and yet use that same template so as not to lose all our progression by being forced to reroll in order to create a new character. But at over 20 bucks a pop? No way. You'll get to gouge me ONCE on this because I've been counting on it to make some major changes rather than deleting characters I've already leveled. But then I will NEVER use these options again. And I will be using them less than I planned and indeed doing some deleting and rerolling. As a paying customer I am here to tell you that I am DEEPLY UNHAPPY with your decision on this. And yes, I'll be telling people to wait for new games rather than pick up this one because of the road you are choosing to go down. I am VERY disappointed.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    No word on how much they want for the base game hair pack, but they gave the price for everything else.

My guess is like 4000 Crowns, since it has 90+ hair styles in it (an 18000 Crown value! ...ahem)

Whoops, that was just an oversight! The hair style pack containing all hair styles from the base game will be 1000 crowns.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a level 4 ish Khajiit with all the mount skills maxed out, I wanted to change her hair, her fur and her name but I'd rather delete her as she is low level and wait to max my mount skills again with 45k gold than paying 3500 crowns. lol

Race/appearance change is 4 x more expensive than in FFXIV, wow...

There is a lot of things I dislike about FFXIV but at least we can change our make up, our hair style and color (no sex, race, eyes color, skin color, voice, just things you could REALLY change by going to a "barber shop") in game with gold, that's something that should be added in my opinion: a limited appearance change for in game gold, very immersive.

As for name change... it's 3 x more expensive than in FFXIV. But as FFXIV has a mandatory subscription fee, I guess it's just fair that they have to pay less than in a buy to play game and ESO Plus subscribers have crowns that they can save to buy those tokens.

Yet, I miss Galathil. >_>
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are seriously about to turn your customer base completely away.
    Way to ruin your player base....
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of this is perfectly fine. It is mostly inline or lower than other MMOs. The only issue is namechange. 1500 is more than enough and inline with other games. Don't be stupid ZoS.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whoops, that was just an oversight! The hair style pack containing all hair styles from the base game will be 1000 crowns.

Awesome. I guess I was a smidgeon high. This is why I do not play Price is Right.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for the Race and Name change, I consider those to be Premium services. Around $30-35 for a race/appearance/name change is certainly in line with that.

@lordrichter

We used to get Name changes for the cost of submitting a trouble ticket, which was free.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Pashen
    Pashen
    ✭✭✭

Some of this I understand the price, but the Name Change...that is utterly ridiculous. Sorry but that is an outrageous price for a change of letters.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pashen wrote: »

Some of this I understand the price, but the Name Change...that is utterly ridiculous. Sorry but that is an outrageous price for a change of letters.

Is not just about changing letters, its a balance to prevent the constant changing of names.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Crowns for a name change?! Are you kidding me?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Kharnis
    Kharnis
    ✭✭✭
    Pashen wrote: »

Is not just about changing letters, its a balance to prevent the constant changing of names.

The solution to frequent name changing is simple: put in conditions that restricts name changes to once per month per character. Charging 2500 Crowns for a simple name change is, quite frankly, ridiculous. Especially considering that every other price is actually quite reasonable.
    "Technology today is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof devices, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

- Rich Cook