Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is nirncrux in all of Craglorn now?

• DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been that way for a while read all about it in patch notes.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • RwDestiny
    RwDestiny
    medusasfolly wrote: »

I have picked up nirn from clothier plants other than void, but ONLY when collecting from a survey. I'm assuming that all the survey nodes are considered void.]/I]

I have searched but up till now, I have only found Nirncrux drops from the level 9 crafting nodes (nightwood, voidstone, and void bloom, I can confirm)...I still surmise that shadowhide will also produce but I have not been able to find any yet...the search goes on. Additionally, I personally have not pulled any Nirncrux from LC, only UC.

With that said, I restrict my farming to only UC....until I can see evidence that proves my theory incorrect and would offer others the same advice.

Just my method..and that is the beauty of ESO...lots to do and something for everyone's playing style and interests.

D
    Server: XBox One-NA
    GT: RwDestiny
    Character: Thaleal
    Alliance: Aldmeri Dominion
    Race: Wood Elf
    Class: Stamina DPS Nightblade
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RwDestiny wrote: »
    medusasfolly wrote: »

With that said, I restrict my farming to only UC....until I can see evidence that proves my theory incorrect and would offer others the same advice.

I have found lots in Lower Craglorn, in fact, if anything for me, Upper is the area I have the least luck finding Nirn.

I have pulled two Nirn from animal mobs. Problem is, basically, you have Wewlas and Imps. Not too many of those up there, and the Wewla's are not your typical squishy wolf pack.

There is a Delve, that is part of the Lower Crag Main Quest that has tons of Imps in the first few areas. It is one of those areas that spawn a bunch as soon as you start combat. Anyway, you can farm that room, leave the delve, go back, rinse repeat.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• kenjiblaster25
    kenjiblaster25
    ✭✭✭
    I did two hours and got nothing. Feels like a wild goose chase
    Kenjil

Never Behind Guild - PvE & PvP & Trade & Trials & Friendship & Great laughs
    Guild Motto - leave no one behind, stay on the crown, kill the greens
    Ebonheart Pact
  • RwDestiny
    RwDestiny
    Nestor wrote: >>

I have found lots in Lower Craglorn, in fact, if anything for me, Upper is the area I have the least luck finding Nirn.

Nestor is absolutely correct. After a couple days grinding the LC, I have to admit my original theory about Nirncrux being limited to UC is false. I found three heading up the river north of Belkarth and still in LC. All of them came from normal level 9 crafting resource nodes (Void stone, Bloom, Nightwood).

Now I am sitting on 18/6 Nirncrux and I need to get crafting and trading...cheers.

D
    Server: XBox One-NA
    GT: RwDestiny
    Character: Thaleal
    Alliance: Aldmeri Dominion
    Race: Wood Elf
    Class: Stamina DPS Nightblade
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did two hours and got nothing. Feels like a wild goose chase
    Don't bother. I have harvested several hundred nirncruxes from Craglorn. All of them came from void bloom, voidstone and nightwood, except one from heavy sack. I've never got a nirncrux from welwas. And that is after killing hundreds of welwas every day a year.

Lets say it this way:
    - From void bloom, voidstone and nightwood in Craglorn you can expect a nirncrux after farming an hour or two (on average).
    - From the other sources expect one at year 2018. But do not blame me if you didn't get it.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »
    You can pull nirncrux when gathering any Voidstone, Nightwood or Void Bloom node from either Upper or Lower Craglorn.

Not voidblom if I recall correct
  • medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Thelon wrote: »
    You can pull nirncrux when gathering any Voidstone, Nightwood or Void Bloom node from either Upper or Lower Craglorn.

Not voidblom if I recall correct

Void bloom WILL give nirncrux.

And I do 90% of my farming in LC. Nirncrux does indeed drop there.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    @RwDestiny

Nirn only drops from Equipment Crafting Material Nodes. So, Voidstone, Nightwood, Voidbloom and animals that drop Shadowhide. Period. There is no other truth to this. If anyone tells you otherwise, they are wrong.

No other nodes drop Nirncrux, never happened, never will. There were, or are, some addons that had some lag and it would look like it came from Alchemy nodes or whatever, but the Nirn came from an equipment crafting node.

I believe that the rumour that nirn dropped from butterflies was put about in the early days of Upper Craggles to encourage gullible farmers to waste time butterfly collecting while unscrupulous farmers plucked the voidstone nodes from under their noses :)