The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

"Partial" Console Text Chat - Screenshots

• Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am happy about it its better then what we have.
    Options
  • Romejin
    Romejin
    ✭✭
    Romejin wrote: »
    Any updates to the console text chat?

What updates were you looking for, @Romejin?
    A text box on the main screen. The current one on the server looks more of a hassle.

Are you referring to what the gamepad mode text chat currently looks like on the PTS? If so, it's not a good representation of what it will look like when fully in the game on consoles. We'll see if we can get you a screenshot of what it actually looks like.

I'll leave this here. Can't wait to see how it will look on consoles on August 16th.

Options
  • FloppyFrank
    FloppyFrank
    ✭✭✭
    Any updates to the console text chat?

What updates were you looking for, @Romejin?
    A text box on the main screen. The current one on the server looks more of a hassle.

Are you referring to what the gamepad mode text chat currently looks like on the PTS? If so, it's not a good representation of what it will look like when fully in the game on consoles. We'll see if we can get you a screenshot of what it actually looks like.

I'll leave this here. Can't wait to see how it will look on consoles on August 16th.

probably the same but it's one less click in the menu to reach it
    Xbone GT: x mech duck x
    Options
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not part of the menu

It was shown on ESO live yesterday, it's a window on the game screen
    Options
  • BackFreckle
    BackFreckle
    ✭✭✭
    V0eRtEj.jpg

Rejoice fellow console players! Jessica also stated there will be more features within text chat (I don't remember exact words) but my hopes are that you can move it around to your desired location. And that we can open up chat with a shortcut on our keyboards. But for now I am pleased :)
    Edited by BackFreckle on July 9, 2016 10:37AM
    Lara Dorren - Breton Templar
    Morzann - High Elf Nightblade
    Orik - Nord Dragonknight
    Oromis - High Elf Sorcerer
    Ellaria Sand - Redguard Sorcerer
    Solara - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    N'guvu Mojeda - Khajiit Sorcerer
    Lady Pakura - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Solembum - Khajiit Drafonknight
    AD//PS4//NA
    PSN - KuruptGamer
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it's same like PC it's good and if accessible via menu then its worst..
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 9, 2016 11:11AM
    Options
  • happymaarit
    happymaarit
    ✭✭✭
    Really, is that the text chat that is coming, I hope I misunderstood something :smile: ?

I play FFXIV now, I have Ps4 and a regular keyboard on USB cable, all I need to do to type in the chat is press any key on keyboard and it jumps right there (and I can place the window where ever I want on my screen).

I was so looking forward to try this game again, but going in to a menu sounds very strange, how do you know when someone types something? And if you get a private messages, do you even know you got it...

Naaaah, this can't be it, off course they will do the chat window visible on the screen, there is no point in implementing it otherwise :smiley:
    Options
  • BackFreckle
    BackFreckle
    ✭✭✭
    Really, is that the text chat that is coming, I hope I misunderstood something :smile: ?

I play FFXIV now, I have Ps4 and a regular keyboard on USB cable, all I need to do to type in the chat is press any key on keyboard and it jumps right there (and I can place the window where ever I want on my screen).

I was so looking forward to try this game again, but going in to a menu sounds very strange, how do you know when someone types something? And if you get a private messages, do you even know you got it...

Naaaah, this can't be it, off course they will do the chat window visible on the screen, there is no point in implementing it otherwise :smiley:
    Look at my post a few up. Thats what itll look like
    Orik - Nord Dragonknight
    AD//PS4//NA
    PSN - KuruptGamer
    Options
  • happymaarit
    happymaarit
    ✭✭✭

Look at my post a few up. Thats what itll look like

OMG! How could I miss that post! feeling stupid*

But really, I an so happy now :smiley:
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for sharing! I have no interest in text, but know some who do. Do you get notifications or something pop up when someone in group is texting? The window will usually be closed if possible for me.
    Options
  • happymaarit
    happymaarit
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, I get really curious about how you did if you don't want a chat.
    When I tried to play it, there was no way to communicate with other players in a good way.

The only thing I got in the earphones was bad music and body sounds :disappointed:
    I got no serious response at all when I tried, so I just skipped the game entirely.

I don't know anyone that is playing the game and I'm a grown up (45 years) woman so how the heck should I have done to get in contact with "normal" players? :smiley:
    My waking hours is very different from the rest of my family and they would not appreciate me talking when they need their beauty sleep :D
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Area chat is usually pretty bad. Full of kids yelling and ♪♪♪ blaring. Even guild chat gets difficult sometimes. Guess I was lucky to get into a good guild and make some online friends I game with regularly.
    Options
  • happymaarit
    happymaarit
    ✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Area chat is usually pretty bad. Full of kids yelling and ♪♪♪ blaring. Even guild chat gets difficult sometimes. Guess I was lucky to get into a good guild and make some online friends I game with regularly.

Thank you, now I know I'm not just a "whiny old lady" :p
    Options
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS promised a full guide on how it's going to work during the last ESO live. Hope they will be releasing that soon?
    Options
  • BackFreckle
    BackFreckle
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS promised a full guide on how it's going to work during the last ESO live. Hope they will be releasing that soon?

They said they'd release it before it launches on console, so I wouldn't expect it till maybe a week after pc release. But maybe (hopefully) I'm wrong and they do it earlier
    Orik - Nord Dragonknight
    AD//PS4//NA
    PSN - KuruptGamer
    Options