Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

GAME CRASHING HAS RETURNED :(

• Vykun
    Vykun
    Soul Shriven
    Ya i'm having the same problem it seem to be related to nvidia idk maybe there most recent driver update doesn't agree with ESO. Wouldn't be surprised it wouldn't be the first time nvidia software *** everything up.

Maybe, but I've rolled my drivers back several months, to the drivers I was using the last time I was able to play ESO, and I still experience the crashing.
    Options
  • OneEyedLupus
    OneEyedLupus
    Soul Shriven
    Vykun wrote: »
    Maybe, but I've rolled my drivers back several months, to the drivers I was using the last time I was able to play ESO, and I still experience the crashing.

Well it got to be something with it then sense i rolled mine back to 358.91 and it works now. try using a more recent version i have had problems using really old versions of the driver to. I do have to say nvidia has the worst drivers i found my self down grading, and upgrading 7 times a week just to play different games.

personal if i wasn't so cheap i would just go buy a new card and get a driver that actual good, but sadly i'm to cheap to spent a dollar on a cup of coffee with my employee discount.
    Options
  • Vykun
    Vykun
    Soul Shriven
    Well it got to be something with it then sense i rolled mine back to 358.91 and it works now. try using a more recent version i have had problems using really old versions of the driver to. I do have to say nvidia has the worst drivers i found my self down grading, and upgrading 7 times a week just to play different games.

personal if i wasn't so cheap i would just go buy a new card and get a driver that actual good, but sadly i'm to cheap to spent a dollar on a cup of coffee with my employee discount.

I'll give that driver version a shot. But I'm not very hopeful at this point. I doubt this is a "Blame Nvidia" situation though, because literally the only thing that doesn't work is ESO. Would be nice if someone from ESO could actually get back to me, but it's been days since the last time they replied with some generic stuff, and told me that they'd have someone contact me about the issue.

I'll report back if this driver works or not.

EDIT: The game "Appears" to work fine with Nvidia driver 358.91. I cannot say for sure, as I have only had time to play the game for about 2 hours since rolling back the drivers, but so far so good.

Perhaps someone needs to contact Nvidia, and have this issue resolved.
    Edited by Vykun on December 14, 2015 9:54PM
    Options
  • Samm13
    Samm13
    Soul Shriven

Well I just tried that driver roll back and the same thing happend played for 30 secs and my graphics driver failed and recovered which in turn made the screen freeze and but the game still played I just could see aything because it was frozen. The support hasn't gotten back to me for more then a few days now and none of the suggestion they have given worked.. :( I mean there has to be a way right....?
    Just have fun, Life is way to short otherwise!!
    Options
  • Wily_Wizard
    Wily_Wizard
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem. Crashing like crazy. It's crashed when Im teleporting, it's crashed when I've gone through a door, it's crashed when I click on an NPC, it's crashed when I click "good bye" in a quest dialog, it's crashed when Im just standing in a city, it's crashed when Im just standing in a field, it's crashed when I try to load my character *sighs*

If I didn't like this game so much, I would have moved on a long time ago, this nonsense is utterly ridiculous. Apparently Zeny has missed a show stopping bug, and recently re-introduced it. I had these HORRIBLE crashes months ago, and I thought they were a thing of the past...all the frustration, all the urges to throw my PC out the window, it's just not right.

Seriously, it's very disheartening for this to start all over again. Just like before, I have tried every possible thing on my end to stop the crashing, all for naught. Considering ESO was working fine for months and then without me changing 1 thing on my PC, except an ESO update, then this mess all started again. The source of the problem is no mystery.

PS: @ZOS_GinaBruno
    FUNCOM is for sale, perhaps Zenimax can pick up that talented game software company for a song, then get one of their astute programmers to resolve these show stopping bugs once and for all. Hey, cant hurt to ask :)
    Options
  • Wily_Wizard
    Wily_Wizard
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ BTW, FUNCOM is very experienced in MMO design/strategy/technology.

Edited by Wily_Wizard on December 21, 2015 8:57AM
    Options
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ BTW, FUNCOM is very experienced in MMO design/strategy/technology.

This, btw. I played Age of Conan into the dirt, and I still return to The Secret World now and again when I'm not in ESO or Witcher III.

Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
    Options
  • Wily_Wizard
    Wily_Wizard
    ✭✭✭
    Threemoons wrote: »
    This, btw. I played Age of Conan into the dirt, and I still return to The Secret World now and again when I'm not in ESO or Witcher III.

I played both as well. It's sad to see such talented guys having so much trouble now. Would be AWESOME if Zenimax would adapt some of the dungeon mechanics from TSW. They are definitely top notch Developers, but when it came to marketing, not so much.

These days its Witcher 3 on the PS4, and ESO on my PC (when it's not crashing).

*I'm here typing this because ESO crashed again...

Options
  • Wycks
    Wycks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe instead of giving away 1 million they should have hired 4-5 competent programmers.
    The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
    Options
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by RebornV3x on May 22, 2016 12:24AM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    Options
  • antoniobradiano
    antoniobradiano
    Soul Shriven
    NO offence to any here

We all are having the same issue and seem like we are still at step

1. How to stop this crash,no?
    This started for me last week on July 3. 2016
    I been here for two years and only time I seen this was when they opened the server. Took some days to enter
    hours on high speed and purchasing the game 3 yrs before release.
    Try to explain in simpler terms to others who dnt under stand this "shuting down certian processors in the cpu"
    Just frustrated guys and gals

This is new.Until they fix it.It want wrk.
    My theory
    Edited by antoniobradiano on July 13, 2016 2:37AM
    “The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
    ― Miyamoto Musashi, A Book of Five Rings: The Classic Guide to Strategy
    Options
  • Brightxdawn
    Brightxdawn
    ✭✭✭
    after todays update the game wont stop crashing upon launch. I cant play the game anymore at all...................
    Options