Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

10th Trait?

xerasia
xerasia
✭✭✭
Anyone know if there are any plans to add a 10th trait to research?
Xerasia - Bosmer Magicka Templar | NA EP
Galasha - Orc Stamina Dragonknight | NA EP
Haileigha - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | NA EP
Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sure hope not... the notion of 4 months base research time to learn the final trait on each item is a bit beyond ridiculous in my opinion.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    I sure hope not... the notion of 4 months base research time to learn the final trait on each item is a bit beyond ridiculous in my opinion.

Agreed!
    Not to mention, I would rather they made some of the less used traits more useful first. Like the recent improvement to Training for example. :)
    Edited by SolarCat02 on July 13, 2016 9:34PM
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double posted somehow. Ignore!
    Edited by SolarCat02 on July 13, 2016 9:36PM
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    Tevalaur wrote: »

Agreed!
    Not to mention, I would rather they made some of the less used traits more useful first. Like the update to Training for example. :)

Or do a completely obliterate Citrine trait-style.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adding a new trait creates a problem for all master crafters. They would need to wait like 2 or more months to finally craft something with this trait
  • Calidus1
    Calidus1
    ✭✭
    juhasman wrote: »
    Adding a new trait creates a problem for all master crafters. They would need to wait like 2 or more months to finally craft something with this trait

Yeah... but not necessarily. You could learn the trait on an crafter without any research done and as long as the toon had ten/ten (i do this on a lot of alts to get hireling goodies), could make the new trait in a few hours. My friend did this with nirnhoned and he was selling the stuff his unleveled crafter made while his leveled crafter learned the trait.

They just redid the traits with DB(and did a good job i think) so there won't be any adds or changes soon. But eventually i imagine they will add more traits.... so get ready!!
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer they make the current traits useful before adding another. They did a pass on trait improvements recently and we now have an age of prosperous and training that is a huge joke among my groups. Maybe they can do something about that. PvP is all about Impenetrable. PvE is all about Divines and the heavy armor users have a few more options mostly because their passives got shifted over to Sturdy.

Sorry if I come across a bit ragey but I'm still upset they spent manhours on an overhaul that didn't change the meta much at all and added a pile of frustration among those farming endgame gear.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if a 10th trait were introduced, what would it be?

because imho 10th is the best,

233705357f8f5cf44a61d568ebfa24e3.jpg

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calidus1 wrote: »
    Yeah... but not necessarily. You could learn the trait on an crafter without any research done and as long as the toon had ten/ten (i do this on a lot of alts to get hireling goodies), could make the new trait in a few hours. My friend did this with nirnhoned and he was selling the stuff his unleveled crafter made while his leveled crafter learned the trait.

Yes, you can learn the single trait on an item in 6 hours. But, what are you going to do with it? To make any kind of a crafted set is going to take months.

I think it needs to be 9 traits. It has symmetry with the 9 Divines. Also, we still only have 3 or 4 useful traits in the game, the other 5 or 6 are still pretty meh. So, do something with the existing traits to make them more useful (the last update was a good step in this direction, now we just need a giant leap for ESOKind)

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with what Nestor said, knowing one trait is next to useless and modifying the existing traits to be more useful would be far better than introducing new ones.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Calidus1
    Calidus1
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

But, what are you going to do with it? To make any kind of a crafted set is going to take months.
    sell it to people who need it while my real crafter learns the new trait over 2 months. Make loads of money.

Crafting sets will take a while, but its an mmo, sometimes stuff takes a while.
    I think it needs to be 9 traits. It has symmetry with the 9 Divines.

No nine divines yet!! this argument is flawed!!

Really all i'm saying is that i bet we get a new trait within the year... regardless of how long it will take master crafters to learn.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But, what are you going to do with it? To make any kind of a crafted set is going to take months.
    sell it to people who need it while my real crafter learns the new trait over 2 months. Make loads of money.

Crafting sets will take a while, but its an mmo, sometimes stuff takes a while.
    I think it needs to be 9 traits. It has symmetry with the 9 Divines.

No nine divines yet!! this argument is flawed!!

Really all i'm saying is that i bet we get a new trait within the year... regardless of how long it will take master crafters to learn.

I am betting NO... right now there are very few sets to even craft using nine traits, I cannot see them adding a tenth especially since some of the nine trait sets are fairly useless anyway.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the 10th trait is "change traits," bring it on.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the Nines there shall be no 10th !
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please!

I would like them to add another trait. I have crafters sitting their doing nothing while they can be researching a new trait.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    juhasman wrote: »

They just redid the traits with DB(and did a good job i think) so there won't be any adds or changes soon. But eventually i imagine they will add more traits.... so get ready!!

Yes but if there would be new crafting setss requring 10 traits You would need to wait 4 motnths to be able to craft this sets. Having a trait just to have it is pointless. They cant add new traits at current system because that totally disqualifies master crafters doesnt matter You can learn it in few hours on other toon. Tell me how for example You would want to craft twice born star wih that new trait?
    Edited by juhasman on July 15, 2016 7:02PM
  • ajwest927
    ajwest927
    ✭✭✭
    They could just use the existing trait and transform them until new traits that way they can introduce new traits and we don't have to research them.
  • Aemon_Isklexi
    Aemon_Isklexi
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say no new traits until they introduce new ways to find nirnhorned gear (for research) and obtain nirncrux. Right now, the nirnhorned stuff is all tied to Craglorn, an obsolete end-game zone. The longer the game goes on, Craglorn will only get more obsolete, but crafters will still be forced to go back there time after time to get more nirncrux/research nirnhorned gear. The devs are going to have to let Craglorn go eventually.
    "I do not carry such information in my mind since it is readily available in books. ...The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think." ~Albert Einstein
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say no new traits until they introduce new ways to find nirnhorned gear (for research) and obtain nirncrux. Right now, the nirnhorned stuff is all tied to Craglorn, an obsolete end-game zone. The longer the game goes on, Craglorn will only get more obsolete, but crafters will still be forced to go back there time after time to get more nirncrux/research nirnhorned gear. The devs are going to have to let Craglorn go eventually.

but when one tamriel comes out it will be increased to Cap, so it wont b a low level quest zone anymore

and since 4 of the trials are there i hope they dont just aboandon it!