Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game Performance Issues on Console

• qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    After all patches , maintenance and fixes i thought it was safe to go to orsinium handing in my crafting writes .
    Crash after crash was the result and still is .
    I AM NOT AMUZED
    I cant craft anything for my main character , i can play it but as soon as i try to go to my crafter ,who is stuck in wrothgar i crash .
    Stop breaking this game ,i want to play the dlc i bought.
    because its possible
  • blindy107
    blindy107
    ✭✭
    In not sure if this helps anything but when I am grouped with my buddy we, more often than not, crash at the same time. Wouldn't this indicate it's all server side? in other words, resetting my console shouldn't do anything.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Just keep this game working until battlefield 1 comes out please.
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    still unplayeble due to login crash for char in wrothgar
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_KaiSchober
    @ZOS_GaryA
    @ZOS_TristanK

HELLO ANYBODY HOME ?
    I like some fixing done here .
    yes ticket is send .
    No , they are also sleeping .
    because its possible
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    qrichou wrote: »
    HELLO ANYBODY HOME ?
    yes ticket is send .

We're still here, and still working on resolving the game performance issues on the console versions of ESO. We've said this before, but it's still the case so it bears repeating: we've got most of our Engineering team working on a solution. It's our #1 priority, and will be until it's resolved. (And we'll provide updates as we have them.)

You sent in a ticket for your character that is stuck in Wrothgar? May we get the number?

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    HELLO ANYBODY HOME ?
    yes ticket is send .

We're still here, and still working on resolving the game performance issues on the console versions of ESO. We've said this before, but it's still the case so it bears repeating: we've got most of our Engineering team working on a solution. It's our #1 priority, and will be until it's resolved. (And we'll provide updates as we have them.)

You sent in a ticket for your character that is stuck in Wrothgar? May we get the number?
    HELLO ANYBODY HOME ?
    yes ticket is send .

i am still waiting for an ingame response from support no ticket nr nutin.
    because its possible
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    i send a second ticket and before i closed it i gave me this refrence nr 160712-001785
    checked. mail nutin there yet
    because its possible
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    i send a second ticket and before i closed it i gave me this refrence nr 160712-001785

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    because its possible
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

Thank you! We'll follow up for you.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭

Thank you! We'll follow up for you.

Thanks
    because its possible
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    Shouting in a dryed-up riverbed ,the glow of a darkmoon above me reveiled the tears of frustration .
    Twas not na knight in shining armor to the rescue .
    Twas the mind and calm reflection of the truth in her eyes.
    Twas compasion for the game .
    twas @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Who safed my day .

THANKS
    its fixed.
    because its possible
  • gl0wgl0w
    gl0wgl0w
    This seriously needs to be fixed, i have to factory reset my xbox EVERYTIME my game crashes to get back in the game, that takes at least 15 minutes or more and is not the way this is suppose to work.
  • GeorgeParker
    Hit 50 with my second character and thought for a treat I would go and Quest in Wrothgar.
    After all it has been slightly better in the last week.
    What a fool I am, I am now stuck in a crash to desktop loop because I was stupid enough to try to do the first quest in Orsinium.
    When are you going to accept that the Wrothgar DLC is UNFIT FOR PURPOSE.

I know Wrothgar is only one zone and there is other things to do but it is such an important area in terms of daily quests, crafting writs etc.

I am sadly running out of belief you will ever get this zone fixed or even just replace it with a similar area that works.
    Yes I will raise a ticket but that will probably prove as useful as the last one that got ignored.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damage control, damage control, and more damage control.....

This "we have everyone working on it #1 priority" nonsense just kills it for me. It's totally empty. Dark Brotherhood did not ruin performance. It simply served to push existing issues over the edge.

ESO has faced these issues ever since Thieves Guild released. People warned you all so many times about this, made tons threads, and asked to fix the problem asap. Nothing happened.

Dark Brotherhood compounded an already severe issue. You could have waited to release this update until it was stable, or worked on bettering the performance in Thieves Guild. But now over a month has gone by, ESO+ Subs are renewing, and nothing has changed.

Here's video in case it still isn't pressing enough.... 3:48 onward is particularly relevant.
    https://youtu.be/_nBuKJpzQgA
    Video Clip Guide
    00:00 - 00:54 Snipe Health Desync

00:55 - 01:11 Funnel Health Desync

01:12 - 02:11 vMA Crematorial Guard Health Desync (Magicka NB went from V2 to CP501. First vMA attempt and this happens -_-)

02:12 - 03:47 Stutter Performance Issue in vMA (Magicka NB went from V2 to CP501. First vMA attempt and this happens -_-)

03:48 - 04:58 Wayrest Performance: Low FPS, Cut Audio, Invisible NPCs and Guards, Player Silhouettes, Difficulties w/ World Map

04:59 - 06:53 Wayrest Performance: Low FPS, Load Screens, NPCs not spawning, Player Silhouettes, unloaded textures

06:54 - 08:20 Greenshade Performance: Multiple Load Screens, Very Little distance traveled per load screen, stuff popping in out of nowhere, etc

08:21 - 09:29 Bangkorai Performance: Same as Greenshade since the issue is universal across possibly all zones, heavily underpopulated zone yet still have load screens and character movement speed does not change this

09:30 - 09:51 Thieves Guild patch IC Arena: Back when the performance issue was still a baby :) Invisible meteors that are still present in the Arena!
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HELLO ANYBODY HOME ?
    yes ticket is send .

I could have sworn your #1 priority was DLC or new skins for the crown store.
  • XRavishX
    XRavishX
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Despite any frustrations I've had lately with the game (dashboard crashes, quest lag, invisible and disappearing NPCs, texture lag) I'm really satisfied with the game. I've been playing for about a year now and until recently I've had very little problem unless I've been in Cyrrodil. With the release of the Dark Brotherhood and the recent bugs I followed the advice of basically being patient with the game (as in not zipping around like a maniac as soon as I enter an area and letting things load) and have had a lot of luck with that, even in Orsinium. I still get problems, but for the most part things are very manageable.

I've been playing a few hours every day and have had few issues that grated on me. Instead, I've been enjoying Wrothgar and the Thieves Guild content (I was busy for a few months and didn't play for a while and only recently returned in the past few weeks). I haven't even touched the Dark Brotherhood stuff yet, because I'm still goofing around in Hew's Bane. I have my gameplay plans. :smile:

The content the team has come up with has been truly amazing. I've thoroughly enjoyed the story, the gameplay, and the amount of content that has been released since I started playing. Kudos.

Anyway, I wanted to inject some positivity into this thread since I really see a lot of negativity and not enough understanding. I've watched your Twitch streams and played your game and have seen the progress you've made. I'm confident in your abilities to fix the problems created with all the great content that has and is being released.

Thanx for a great game!
    "Loot boxes aren't the problem, RNG is." -Me
  • Methadone_Man
    Methadone_Man
    ✭✭✭
    Gamertag is Methadone Man
    Character is Kulel Oromon. Templar

He is permanently stuck in Wrothgar. I have rebooted 5 times and it will not load that character. Please relocate.
    Gamertag is Methadone Man
  • GeorgeParker
    " I followed the advice of basically being patient with the game (as in not zipping around like a maniac as soon as I enter an area and letting things load) and have had a lot of luck with that, even in Orsinium. I still get problems, but for the most part things are very manageable. "

Really ?
    For large chunks of the last 6 weeks I have tried to load characters that are stuck in Wrothgar, you get the loading screen, the loading icon stutters, stops, stutters and then you get kicked back to dashboard, again and again and again.
    So I have to say to the post above I find the suggestion that most of my problems are being caused by my "zipping around like a maniac " offensive.

I totally get positive spin and constructive criticism, but the game in its current state deserves neither of those.
  • HaloGod
    HaloGod
    Happy 1-month DB anniversary!

I was thinking about writing a detailed summary of the past month, but I decided this video would sum up my experience pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLKXdqmHW20

I honestly cannot take it anymore so I cancelled ESO plus & sadly won't be playing anymore when it expires until these issues are fixed. I'm kind of surprised ZOS hasn't stated anything about "we'll take care of our loyal subscribers because of these issues". I totally understand that engineers are too high and mighty to even come in contact with the end user general public because I'm the same way in my job. However, I find it hard to believe that internal meetings are not happening daily to get updates and at least some of that progress could be relayed via the community managers. Communication is key and once a week generic "this is our #1 priority" is a slap in the face. I love this game and will gladly come back once the issues are fixed, and be happy to pay for ESO plus. I just can't justify playing like this with no end in sight.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Those of you who are experiencing long loading screens and missing NPCs, specifically, are you playing on the European or North American Xbox One megaserver?
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • XRavishX
    XRavishX
    ✭✭
    " I followed the advice of basically being patient with the game (as in not zipping around like a maniac as soon as I enter an area and letting things load) and have had a lot of luck with that, even in Orsinium. I still get problems, but for the most part things are very manageable. "

Really ?
    For large chunks of the last 6 weeks I have tried to load characters that are stuck in Wrothgar, you get the loading screen, the loading icon stutters, stops, stutters and then you get kicked back to dashboard, again and again and again.
    So I have to say to the post above I find the suggestion that most of my problems are being caused by my "zipping around like a maniac " offensive.

I totally get positive spin and constructive criticism, but the game in its current state deserves neither of those.

"zipping around like a maniac" isn't meant to be offensive to anyone including myself who the description is derived from. I have a tendency to do just as I described and make beelines towards whatever goal I have in mind. I found that my behavior was best stated as "zipping around like a maniac."

I also didn't state that most of anyone's problems is cause by the "zipping around." I simply said that that particular behavior change has worked for me. I never stated that it would work for anyone else or implied such. So, please don't look into my words more than the face value.

You and I are in two different situations. It's completely understandable that someone else will have more or less problems than I will seeing as we're in two different locations, have two different accounts, and have two different machines with two different configurations. Truth be told, my son plays as well and has more problems than I do even when he plays on the same machine as I had.

One of the points of my post is to balance out the negativity I feel is prevalent in this thread, not to imply that people who are having more problems than I am are doing something wrong. Any problems you're having with the game is almost assuredly caused by the game itself and not whatever you or anyone else playing might be doing. The game should work much better than it is.

The other point of my post was show the devs who might be reading that all of us, most of us, some of us, or maybe just I appreciate what they're doing with the game and understand the effort it takes to fix the things that are broken. Unintended bugs happen especially when you have millions of people with millions of possible connections and configurations all happening at the same time. It's a lot to program for. I haven't done a lot of programming myself, but from the little I've done I understand that the smallest error can make the biggest difference and can take a very long time to find and fix. That coupled with the fact that fixes may have to go through certification through Microsoft or Sony means even more time.

Maybe I'm just one of the lucky few.
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    Those of you who are experiencing long loading screens and missing NPCs, specifically, are you playing on the European or North American Xbox One megaserver?

I am currently on NA servers, experiencing the long loading screens and invisible NPCs - not so much the overly extended black character models.

Also when walking into buildings, such as Mournholds bank, the inside of the building is completely missing - leaving me able to walk through walls back into the outside world... Takes about 3-5 minutes for the graphics to load in and appear normal. Has been happening in Cyrodiil as well; keep walls have been invisible and players are able to walk right through them and begin attacking opposing players at the inner keep.
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    XRavishX wrote: »

Really ?

"zipping around like a maniac" isn't meant to be offensive to anyone including myself who the description is derived from. I have a tendency to do just as I described and make beelines towards whatever goal I have in mind. I found that my behavior was best stated as "zipping around like a maniac."

I also didn't state that most of anyone's problems is cause by the "zipping around." I simply said that that particular behavior change has worked for me. I never stated that it would work for anyone else or implied such. So, please don't look into my words more than the face value.

You and I are in two different situations. It's completely understandable that someone else will have more or less problems than I will seeing as we're in two different locations, have two different accounts, and have two different machines with two different configurations. Truth be told, my son plays as well and has more problems than I do even when he plays on the same machine as I had.

One of the points of my post is to balance out the negativity I feel is prevalent in this thread, not to imply that people who are having more problems than I am are doing something wrong. Any problems you're having with the game is almost assuredly caused by the game itself and not whatever you or anyone else playing might be doing. The game should work much better than it is.

The other point of my post was show the devs who might be reading that all of us, most of us, some of us, or maybe just I appreciate what they're doing with the game and understand the effort it takes to fix the things that are broken. Unintended bugs happen especially when you have millions of people with millions of possible connections and configurations all happening at the same time. It's a lot to program for. I haven't done a lot of programming myself, but from the little I've done I understand that the smallest error can make the biggest difference and can take a very long time to find and fix. That coupled with the fact that fixes may have to go through certification through Microsoft or Sony means even more time.

I'm happy to see this kind of post and elaborate discussion on the forums as to what I've been seeing lately. The whining and ZoS shaming is outrageous really.

I only disagree with your bottom piece, for the most part.. These issues that are plaguing us now were caught by players in the PTS before the Thieves Guild patch release. So really these issues, as unintended as they may be, were completely fixable before going live - yet here we are multiple months and another DLC patch release later. Which is where a lot of player frustration is coming from.

That being said, I'm in the same boat as you where I only experience these issues every so often - yet they do seem to come up at the WORST times for me lol.

Cheers
  • HaloGod
    HaloGod

North American server.
  • XRavishX
    XRavishX
    ✭✭
    jkolb2030 wrote: »

Really ?

I'm happy to see this kind of post and elaborate discussion on the forums as to what I've been seeing lately. The whining and ZoS shaming is outrageous really.

I only disagree with your bottom piece, for the most part.. These issues that are plaguing us now were caught by players in the PTS before the Thieves Guild patch release. So really these issues, as unintended as they may be, were completely fixable before going live - yet here we are multiple months and another DLC patch release later. Which is where a lot of player frustration is coming from.

That being said, I'm in the same boat as you where I only experience these issues every so often - yet they do seem to come up at the WORST times for me lol.

Cheers

Not to give ZoS a pass, but bugs found in play testing are a problem prevalent in the whole game developers community. What I mean by that is by my perspective, developers have been focusing quite a bit more on releasing games by a particular date rather than when they're ready to be released. ZoS has created milestones for itself to release these expansions quarterly. That's a pretty strict timeframe in my opinion especially when I watch the Twitch live streams and listen to all the stuff they talk about per release. Either they do a LOT for each release or they talk it up. I'm more willing to believe the former. They should be doing more bug fixing and pushing back releases in my opinion, but given the fact that gamers are so hell-bent on complaining about either the bugs that crop up because of a premature release or promises not kept because "we said we'd release <game-dlc> by <date> but we're pushing it back now," developers are damned if they do and damned if they don't. I suppose we can't have our cake an eat it too. Oh well.
  • XRavishX
    XRavishX
    ✭✭

I've been seeing a lot of my problems on the North American Xbox One megaserver.

I've done quests in Hew's Bane and experienced more long loading NPCs in town than out of town. The same goes for Wrothgar. If I wait long enough, they'll load, but sometimes I'll see only the subtitled conversation, not any of the actors on the screen.

Texture loading is also a problem. Often, especially in Orsinium textures on the ground and walls will take a long time to load if they even do if I don't enter a building first. Doors and other assets like that will be perfectly fine.
  • elium85
    elium85
    ✭✭✭
    NA Megaserver here.

Less DC's since console update, more invisible enemies.
    Edited by elium85 on July 14, 2016 9:01PM
  • Enigmatic
    Enigmatic
    ✭✭✭

NA server for me - all chars are AD if that helps any

The most recent patch really doesn't appear to have fixed much for me. My long and "unexpectedly long" load screens are still present - more so on my older/experienced chars that have more skill points.

The game has become excruciatingly boring to play as it breaks so often. ESO Plus has been cancelled as a result.

I experience long load screens just walking between crafting writ boards in R'wlaka.

I experience loss of sound, long load screen moving into "unexpectedly long" load screen then crash to dashboard trying to move from Shatul wayshrine to writ drop off location even after waiting for everything to become visible

I get load screens moving into "unexpectedly long" load screen that never resolve so I have to quit the game and try and get back into it.

I get shadows for NPC and other players on most of my characters but I can load in on some of my newest lower skill point players and see NPC and other players.

I can wait for NPC and players to load in and become visible but when I start moving again players and NPC go back to being shadows.

I can load into one character just to train their horse. They are located immediately outside stable in Mournhold. Everything (horses, NPC, other players) but the stable owner who I need to interact with loads in. I have to wait for the stable owner to load in.

I still experience random crashes to dashboard. These can be from trying to use a wayshrine to travel (even after being stationary long enough to go make an espresso) so no amount of waiting seems to influence. None of these crashes involve the wayshrine within Orsinium - I will not go there.

I still have random crashes to dashboard just trying to get to the character load screen.

I still get missing NPC and also get missing/incomplete rendering of cut scenes shown when doing Fighters Guild quest in dwarven dungeon. NPC are missing when I return via portal to Elden Root.

PVP remains problematic with lag, frozen screens and crashes to dashboard. Playing in Haderus on NA. Freeze and crash at Alessia bridge, almost guaranteed lag and crash at Blue Road Keep.

Tried to resume VMA and now get issues before I even enter arena. These issues were not present before the latest patch:
    • Graphic quality in lobby degrades as I approach, never improves/returns to normal
    • Tutor Riparius and Fa-Nuit-Hen are not visible and take a random amount of time to load in
    • Door through to arena never opens, remains shut but can walk through
    • Graphical glitches and anomalies after going through door - missing walls, missing textures, black holes where stairs should be

Within VMA I experience random crashes to dashboard, invisible NPC and I appear to be much slower (not snared) but NPC appear to have rapid maneuver

Haven't got there myself but guild mates say that the guaranteed crash between rounds 6 and 7 is still present so robs people of getting flawless achievement

• jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    jkolb2030 wrote: »

Really ?

Cheers

Not to give ZoS a pass, but bugs found in play testing are a problem prevalent in the whole game developers community. What I mean by that is by my perspective, developers have been focusing quite a bit more on releasing games by a particular date rather than when they're ready to be released. ZoS has created milestones for itself to release these expansions quarterly. That's a pretty strict timeframe in my opinion especially when I watch the Twitch live streams and listen to all the stuff they talk about per release. Either they do a LOT for each release or they talk it up. I'm more willing to believe the former. They should be doing more bug fixing and pushing back releases in my opinion, but given the fact that gamers are so hell-bent on complaining about either the bugs that crop up because of a premature release or promises not kept because "we said we'd release <game-dlc> by <date> but we're pushing it back now," developers are damned if they do and damned if they don't. I suppose we can't have our cake an eat it too. Oh well.

Oh I completely agree with you! You can't win on these forums - which goes back to where i said the whining is ridiculous lol!

For example, first players scream for others who are using gap closers to be banned - now that they are getting banned, players are screaming that ZoS is banning too much or too quickly! It's never good enough for some people.

All we can do is sit back and watch, and hope the issues get fixed
  • HaloGod
    HaloGod
    I don't know if this is relevant or just coincidence, but the characters that are having the most trouble are my templars. The other characters are for the most part playable. I do have random load screens and NPC/player silhouettes on others but I don't get the load screens every 10 ft like I do on my templars. All the videos I posted were templars (2 different characters).
    Edited by HaloGod on July 15, 2016 2:16PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Xbox NA
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501