Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 11 Featuring Shadows of the Hist: First Look"

• HELLB0UNDH0UND
    To be clear, I did not see anything in the original article about NO new zone content .... but by the lack of information, it is likely to be a very small zone (like Hews Bane/Gold Coast) if anything.

Based on the trends of previous DLC and new zone content, I expect the new 4P group dungeons to be their toughest content yet. Move over, vICP! That said, I am curious if the new monster sets will be good/interesting enough to justify that content. (I still think the Lord Warden set is a disappointment).

The biggest unknowns that I'd like to see answered are:
    1. will the CP cap be increased in this DLC?
    2. will the LEVEL cap be increased in this DLC?

Oh yes, and when ZoS finished their teaser article by writing that we should look for the new DLC on the PTS soon, they forgot the (TM)... ;)

@Pyr0xyrecuprotite CP cap will be increased by 30, level cap will not be increased, and I doubt there will be a new zone since both new dungeons will be in Shadowfen.
    Max CP, 11 explicitly average characters on XB1 NA

• Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be clear, I did not see anything in the original article about NO new zone content .... but by the lack of information, it is likely to be a very small zone (like Hews Bane/Gold Coast) if anything.

Based on the trends of previous DLC and new zone content, I expect the new 4P group dungeons to be their toughest content yet. Move over, vICP! That said, I am curious if the new monster sets will be good/interesting enough to justify that content. (I still think the Lord Warden set is a disappointment).

The biggest unknowns that I'd like to see answered are:
    1. will the CP cap be increased in this DLC?
    2. will the LEVEL cap be increased in this DLC?

Oh yes, and when ZoS finished their teaser article by writing that we should look for the new DLC on the PTS soon, they forgot the (TM)... ;)

@Pyr0xyrecuprotite CP cap will be increased by 30, level cap will not be increased, and I doubt there will be a new zone since both new dungeons will be in Shadowfen.

Ty @HELLBOUNDHOUND,
    and yes, some of the later updates (with early information about Shadows of the Hist) did answer most of my questions. The DLC portions of the update look to be a bit of a disappointment for me, sadly, with so little new content (and such a low CP cap increase). I have not seen anything yet as to whether there will be ongoing daily repeatable quests or a storyline quest for the new DLC. (I don't have bandwidth or time to download the PTS code). Early looks at the new dungeon monster sets are underwhelming for any Magicka based DPS, although the Amberplasm set may be worth farming.
    On the plus side, I was quite pleasantly surprised by how early the new DLC was put on the PTS, given that the release date is expected in August. Kudos to ZoS!
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on July 3, 2016 5:12PM
  • rabb1t_ESO
    rabb1t_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Putting this here, as it seems most appropriate...

Is there any news on update 11 adding new crafted sets? This one is always looking for the nice things to make as this one's gear is often a 5 set of crafted something and 5 set of dropped something. With the new expansions, this one always has to watch out and be mindful of what will need to be re-crafted.
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain the activities for all the new motifs?
    How do you get them?
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joromarr wrote: »
    So they decided not to do the Black Marsh and just give us two dungeons? Will we ever see the Black Marsh as a whole zone in ESO? :neutral:
    Shadowfen is entirely in Black Marsh, so we already have one zone.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So wait a minute, changing your appearance will cost real money?

We have to pay out of our pocket for it??

Race change I can see, but NOT appearance. That's the kind of feature that should either be entirely free or cost a minimal amount of ingame currency at the most. In Star Trek Online I can change my appearance whenever I want so long as I have the costume pieces I want unlocked. I can go from talk and very dark-skinned with a small head to practically albino with a large head, short legs and beer belly and the ingame currency cost is so small it doesn't count.

There's NO reason for that to be a cash shop feature. None at all. Respecs, race and name changes should be cash shop, barbershop should be free or practically free. No exceptions.

Do I even want to keep this game on my drive anymore? Not a fan of this One Tamriel thing and absolutely not a fan of having to pay to change how my character looks.
  • Marrtha
    Marrtha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dunno bout you guys, but this update made me sub after more than 6 months of being away.
    Use @Marrtha when replying!
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /
    Edited by Potenza on August 1, 2016 4:23PM
  • Jbugz97
    Jbugz97
    ✭✭✭
    when is this coming for xbox?
    NB v14 / DC / Shades of Jbugz
    DK v12 / DC / Fear of Jbugz