The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 11 Featuring Shadows of the Hist: First Look"

• Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't consider barbershop as a part of that so-called 'Update' (in contrast to e.g. the poison-making which was available for everyone after DB release).

Barbershop is nothing but the crown store addition which is no different from new pets/mounts/costumes.

As far as I understand this announcement correctly, we will be able to buy tokens in the crown store (for real money), just to spend those tokens on the appearance changes? It's not what I've been expecting for such a long time and I'm not hyped about this at all. Thank god that dye stations are free at least... for now.

DLC pack on the other hand, with those two new dungeons, might be pretty interesting but I wouldn't call it as 'DLC'. It's just too small... It could be great though if along with those new dungeons they would implement the veteran versions of other dungeons, already existing but only in normal modes (like Vaults of Madness). That would be fantastic and could be named as a solid 'DLC dungeon pack'.
    Edited by Tyrion87 on June 22, 2016 3:06PM
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS stated that there will be 4 DLCs a year. Our expectation was 4 DLCs in the style of Orsinium DLC. Instead we will get:
    - 1 large size DLC
    - 2 medium sized DLCs
    - 1+ small sized DLCs. / Dungeons packs, Updates...
    Isn't really a bad move But to be honest? I hope at some point we will also receive massive content packs in form of large expansion packs consisting in several new zones.

Personally I hope those dungeon pack DLC's will be cheap enough for everyone to afford.
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if you buy the new hair - do you need to buy an appearance token to use it as well?

Edit: after reading the post again I am sure it will work like this:

You can purchase Hair styles, Adornments, and Tattoos, which you can then use/change at the in game (base game not dlc) barber shop for gold.
    But from the crown store you can purchase Appearance (think gender change), Race and Name change tokens with crowns.

Edited by SlayerTheDragon on June 22, 2016 11:26AM
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no arenas, no true excitement :(

still, always looking forward to something fresh.
    sounds like quite a bit of content for 4 players (esp, including dsa) which is great. I really hope these will be a time sink to complete and not to run hundreds of times for rng loot
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Liley
    Liley
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome news! A barber finally. Please add more hair colors too, ZOS <3<3<3
    Would be also fantastic if I could change color of eyes and skin also :)
    Edited by Liley on June 22, 2016 12:53PM
    PC | EU

Muriel Winterhauch | Magicka Sorcerer

• HELLB0UNDH0UND
    GRYM.LOCKE wrote: »
    to be honest apart from race change options this isnt worth even logging on

Story line for DB was awesome and Craft bag is like GOD mode, i will give you that ZOS but apart from wrothgar the other DLCS have been in mho "half done"
    I think it took me 5 hours to do all DB ranks and story lines........ 5 hours......... ill say again 5 hours..........

1: An area i could physically run from end to end in within minutes
    2: No major world bosses only group bosses
    3: Small dungeons and only 2/3 of them instead of the usual 7-11 per area
    4: no decent animation updates for weapons and skills
    5: no as of yet 6th Skill slot added

When are we getting

1: Were wolf skill changes / updates

2: Vampire changes and additional 2 skills or more

3: Levelable fighting pets / mounts
    DK Fire Elementals
    SC Storm Elementals
    DB Shadow Demon/Wolf/Shade
    TP Wisp/Spark/Angelic XXX

4: True "World bosses" that require 50-100 people i.e. "some fun stuff"

would be nice to see this game Finally move up and on to better things

My buddy and I had this conversation the other day when resetting our skills and deciding on a build. "It would be so nice to just be able to have one more skill," I said, "but what button would they map it to?" :D literally every single button on my controller has a function.
    Edited by HELLB0UNDH0UND on June 22, 2016 12:58PM
    Max CP, 11 explicitly average characters on XB1 NA

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm good with not so much "content" addition but having a QOL update. Besides that, y'all are just looking at it from a PvE point of view where you only get a couple dungeons; but contested cities to be controlled in Cyrodiil is content to.

Always figured that would be a good spot to put "arenas" or otherwise smaller battle grounds instanced in for small scale to still be centered around and affect the war in Cyrodiil without detracting from it. It doesn't sound like they are doing small scale there so far though.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope they will at least make the base adornments and hairstyles (the ones currently available at character creation) available in game for gold. It would be tacky to make people pay crowns for cosmetic features that are already in the game. Players should only have to pony up cash/crowns for things that they couldn't get at character creation. If I like a new appearance feature I will be happy to buy it, but I don't want to pay for the same old stuff. If the design team wants new money, they should give us new options.

As for race change tokens, I am not looking forward to the inevitable racial "rebalancing" that will be coming with every future patch to try to prompt us to pay money to change races to be competitive. I will pass on that.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    Dye-able costumes - Where are our Dye-able weapons???
    New and existing costumes with hats, should have the hat part included separately as a hat entity,
    toggling the costume on would select the main hat, but would allow for alternate hats to be used...

Like the Wedding dress with a Manimarco hat, The wedding dress and black evening dress hats look awful this option could allow a second hat with it. like a with veil and facial cover like the whisper desert gear for a second wedding dress hat.

It would also allow us to toggle the hat off if we prefer our current headgear whilst covering the rest of our armour with a costume.
  • Pathfindr
    Pathfindr
    ✭✭✭
    Mysticman wrote: »
    Firor says that Zenimax is aiming to release multiple, "smaller" DLC packs to cater to players who return to the game intermittently, creating something akin to 'episodes' for the game. That doesn't sound good for any future large Orsinium type DLCs.

I guess they don't want people to log on and play every day. They want us to stop playing and leave for a few months, then maybe come back for a couple of weeks to try out the new stuff. Maybe this is a scheme to minimize lag... dead server between DLC's.
    "Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies."

PC EU and PC NA
    Nothing to see here, please move on...
  • Pathfindr
    Pathfindr
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I'm hoping that the new hairstyles, etc. will work like the costumes, in that once you purchase one, it's available to all your characters and can be changed whenever. The hairstyles could go into the hat section and work like wigs.

Please, no! I want to be able to wear a helmet or a hat with my hair, not or my hair...
    "Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies."

PC EU and PC NA
    Nothing to see here, please move on...
  • TheTraveler
    TheTraveler
    ✭✭✭
    Wonderful, I cannot wait... the main thing I want to be able to do, is to remove that horrible face-paint that looked so nice when I was creating the toon, but looks HORRIBLE in-game. Can't wait for a time when I won't feel I have to hide 2 of my toon's faces under a helmet... B-)

Being able to change the faces and bodies too, will be great! The toons invariably look different in-game to what they look like while creating them. ...and let's not start on them coming out too tall or too short....
  • TheTraveler
    TheTraveler
    ✭✭✭
    A sixth skill slot would be a godly addition up there with crafting bags.... I'd be prepared to pay for a sixth skill slot, but seriously, why not just give it to us already...
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I regards to costume dying...
    Can you guys also add a "Default" button to the dye stations? Just a button to click that returns a piece of equipment to it's original pre-dyed state.

So many times I've changed the color of a piece of gear that looked fine in the lighting of the station, but as soon as I save it and walk away, it looks different than I wanted. And then there's no way to restore it to it's original state. With costumes being more elaborate, I'd very much like to be able to restore them to their original colors if I end up hating the way they look once I walk away from the station.

"As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the Mayan style motif. :D

Also full race change is sort of a mind-blower. Never thought that would happen, but... cool!

Something that does disappoint me a bit is the new hair styles as Crown store items. I guess if they were reasonably priced, but I was sort of hoping for a WoW style barber shop that let you change basic things like haid, facial hair, makeup, skin tones, etc. in-game anytime for gold, and have full service changes like name change or race change as the only paid component.

Having customization preferences behind the pay wall sort of feels wrong to me.

But overall, definitely looking forward to this.

Edited by Phinix1 on June 22, 2016 5:49PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pathfindr wrote: »
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I'm hoping that the new hairstyles, etc. will work like the costumes, in that once you purchase one, it's available to all your characters and can be changed whenever. The hairstyles could go into the hat section and work like wigs.

Please, no! I want to be able to wear a helmet or a hat with my hair, not or my hair...

Yeah...I didn't think about that! I'd still like them to work as an appearance item, rather than something I'd have to buy for each character or time I wanted to use it. Maybe another section for hair, but that would probably be too complex. Perhaps the hairstyles would just be unlocked to then use with an appearance change token.

Hopefully, we'll get more details soon regarding how all of this will work and what the pricing will be.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you guys also add a "Default" button to the dye stations? Just a button to click that returns a piece of equipment to it's original pre-dyed state.

So many times I've changed the color of a piece of gear that looked fine in the lighting of the station, but as soon as I save it and walk away, it looks different than I wanted. And then there's no way to restore it to it's original state. With costumes being more elaborate, I'd very much like to be able to restore them to their original colors if I end up hating the way they look once I walk away from the station.

Can't you just use the eraser to remove the color from the armor? It will still be bound to you, but I thought that worked.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • TheTraveler
    TheTraveler
    ✭✭✭
    Llevndryn wrote: »
    the ability to dye costumes
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa this is so cool !!!

+10000
  • TheTraveler
    TheTraveler
    ✭✭✭
    Wait... so.. capturable towns... what will happen to the dialies then? Because then it will be pretty much impossible to do them if your faction is weak in your current campaign. Just asking...
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait... so.. capturable towns... what will happen to the dialies then? Because then it will be pretty much impossible to do them if your faction is weak in your current campaign. Just asking...

Then the masses will start demanding the ability to buy a faction change. Coming soon to a crown store near you.

Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been thinking about this for a couple days now and it feels like this is either; A lead up to the Murkmire DLC or Murkmire has been scrapped and they are salvaging some of the content or we are going to get Murkmire in bits and pieces since originally the 2014 video made it seem like a giant zone similar to Craglorn.

The other changes or additions seem to be more like a Crown Store DLC or QoL if you will.

The pvp town capture will probably be pretty cool if implemented in a way that it really feels like your Alliance owns it and the NPC's act accordingly offering quests and other things to do.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't you just use the eraser to remove the color from the armor? It will still be bound to you, but I thought that worked.

Ya, know, I've never tried.
    lol
    Edited by ShedsHisTail on June 22, 2016 8:25PM
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Dedhed
    Dedhed
    ✭✭✭
    Will there be an option to change tail length for Khajiit? I'd like to make one and not be subjected to the obscene floppage of the last foot or so of tail.
    "This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Fredericks in Otherland talking about Wicked Tribe. Also a great description of zone chat.
  • oddavi
    oddavi
    ✭✭✭
    they better not charge crowns to change appearance
    i dont mind paying crowns for race change or new styles though
    Edited by oddavi on June 22, 2016 9:12PM
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for this update, you've literally reignited the group grind for myself and my close friends. The best times I've had in this game are beating tough 4 man content with people. I do enjoy some solo content and vMA definitely has it's place. But what you've done here is evolved end game PVE for top tier players.

I hope in this instance you keep the veteran difficulty, TOUGH. I feel you got it right with the latest Sanctum Ophidia update, keeping the drops balanced on a "you receive a lesser chance for the BOP drops on normal and a much greater chance on Vet."

This allows players not suited for Veteran content to still be able to achieve the top end gear without needing to nerf the Veteran versions later down the track for them (which NEGATIVELY affects your top end PVE'rs when this happens).

Having a distinct difficulty difference is an absolute MUST. Not limiting the gear itself, but merely adjusting the chance of getting the gear on both difficulties is what keeps things balanced, without ZOS then needing to spend precious time and money constantly nerfing pre-existing content and in-turn spending more time doing fixes and updates/improvements.

As most people know, even ICP and WGT before DB patch, became a cake walk for top end PVE'rs and can easily be run with 3 people.

Thanks ZOS, great job.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, to me it seems that this update is full of stuff, which was requested for a longer time - I am pretty excited about dyeable costumes. As far as new hairstyles go, I will have to see how this works together with the new hats first. A few of my characters are in need of some change as far as their appearance goes, so if that is reasonably priced, I will make use of it.

As far as the new dungeons go, it is group-content and so I will most likely not play it at all, but it does not bother me, it will be fun for those, who like this kind of content and I am happy for that they will be getting something new to do. Capture the flag in Cyrrodil sounds good to me, even I am not involved into action in Cyrrodil yet, but I guess I will like it, when I will get there.

Overall there is not much for me in this update - well, appearance-wise there is, but not more playable content, which I would want to do. I am not complaining, not all DLCs have to be content for me and the last 3 DLCs had awesome content for me to enjoy for a long time to come, so I am happy as well that other interests than mine are covered with this DLC now.
  • nemisan
    nemisan
    ✭✭✭
    haha, love the sounds of this...thank you zos :) ./hug :)
  • LearnThis
    LearnThis
    ✭✭✭
    Either I was too excited and I missed it or it was not there, but when is this planned to be released?
    PSN: LearnThis
    Bosmer Nightblade (Master Crafting, everything researched)
    Dunmer Dragonknight
    Breton Nightblade
    Breton Mage
    Argonian Templar
    Norn Dragonknight
    High Elf Dragonknight

Champion Points are capped

~I have completed Cadwell's Silver six times and Gold four times... Please do not tell me about the experience of leveling.~
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    SHADOWS OF THE HIST DLC DUNGEON PACK CONTENT ...

If you're going to require people to buy DLC to do dailies then you might as well just go back to subscription. You did it with IC dungeons. ZOS should add a 3rd and perhaps 4th daily for DLC dungeons (including IC and Hist) rather then exclude those that don't have the DLC yet.

Appearance, Race, and Name Change
    Purchase tokens? Like with gold or with crown? Can you be less vague? Due to the changes in the game and in racial passives I think every account should have 1 free race change, even if its through a quest.

Hel Ra Citadel, Aetherian Archive, and Dragonstar Arena Improvements
    Are we ready? WE weren't the ones who killed this content. WE were pretty upset when this content was left at v14 and our trials groups fell apart.

Are you looking for props for something that should have been done when the max level was increased? WE are getting pretty used to ZOS boosting about things they should have done a year or 2 ago.

Cyrodiil Town Capture
    So its the same thing as Cyrodiil, that you moved to IC, and now are applying to quest hubs in Cyro? It's the same damn thing. WHAT is different? Flip the flag. Woo-F-ing-hoo. What's the alternative?

Making quest areas capture-able stinks for those attempting to do the quests. Perhaps it a PVE only Cyrodiil and IC would allow quest do-ers the ability to do these quest with out taking up population cap ... but how to charge money for it ...

"Capturing a town grants an Alliance another place to respawn from PVP deaths ..." So if you own it you'll be able to defend it super easy. Just death-port in and zerg in between zerging ... If there's even a reason to be there. If it's worth contesting it really won't be contested. It will be owned by the high pop faction.

Long story short there is no 1 for 1 for 1 cap in PVP to keep numbers even so there is no alternative to population driven winning in PVP and week to month long games are hard to keep up with for the casual gamer. 15-30 min Arenas would be way better. Effort would have been better spent on Arenas or some other DIFFERENT idea. Give us an alternative to flipping flags, high pop wins, PVE/PVP mash up.

I just wonder if this what ZOS has planed for Arenas .. More flag flipping and guards ... if arenas ever come at all.
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    sAnn92 wrote: »
    Preyfar wrote: »
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    - Cyrodrill towns -> 3 flags, great! i was worried that they would make the same mistake that they did with the IC districts
    The biggest problem with the IC flags is they just look tacked on, and don't feel natural in any way or mesh into the setting or story of IC.

Ic flags are perfectly fine as they are. The zone is populated and a lot of fun, quite a big success. There is no need for more flags there whatsoever
    I didn't say they needed more flags at all. It's just the placement. It seems really odd and immersion breaking that Xivkyn just walk right in front of the flag areas. There's not much in the way of fortifications of them, or much to give a sense of feeling that your faction is taking control of the area. I just hoped there'd be more to really bring the feel of it together.

The whole concept of IC is funky. If anything IC should have been the first Adventure Zone to ignore faction so that the factions of Nirn could unite to fight back the Daedric that have over come IC. It's like zombies attacking a bar that's having a bar-fight ... I think the living would put aside their differences to fend off the dead.

Should we really be fighting each other over control of a questing zone? Isn't this impeding progress of quests? People have been asking for PVE version of Cyrodiil since launch so they can complete all the quest in the game with out the issues that come with PVP and ZOS turns around and releases its first DLC around PVE questing/PVP gank zone mash up ... sounds about right.

IC was seriously a waste of my crown. Now that I have the option of playing more then one v16 zone I don't bother with IC. What's the point? Flipping flags for TV bonuses so other people have to go through load screens and run to get back to the district when attempting to complete quests? I can flip flags in Cyro (soon in questing zones there), there's a lot more AP rolling around, and there's leader boards, etc, for rewards.