The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 11 Featuring Shadows of the Hist: First Look"

• VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that once bought, the new appearances become available to all present and future characters. :smile:

Oh, and please, do some Loremaster's Archive this time. :smile:
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom any chance we are also getting more hair colors? I saw no mention of it in the article :(

And I don't mean bright pink or neon green. I mean black for Altmer, red for Khajiit, white for Bosmer, colors that the NPCs have access to but we do not. I just really want a position on it, even if it is "No, never".
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom any chance we are also getting more hair colors? I saw no mention of it in the article :(

And I don't mean bright pink or neon green. I mean black for Altmer, red for Khajiit, white for Bosmer, colors that the NPCs have access to but we do not. I just really want a position on it, even if it is "No, never".
    You've been asking for black hair for your Altmer for a very long time now so let's hope you finally get it with barbershop. :)
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leogon wrote: »

You've been asking for black hair for your Altmer for a very long time now so let's hope you finally get it with barbershop. :)

Since the first beta I participated on :/
    I know I'm being super annoying and I'm sorry for it. I try to minimize the annoyance by not making any threads about it myself, but I know it must be awful to see that I posted on a thread about character customization and go like "Ugh, here comes Abeille complaining about the lack of black hair for Altmer again". I want more than anyone for this to end, but I can't give up until I get a definitive answer. Thank you for your support!
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bit disappointed the next DLC is only two dungeons, but the rest of it looks nice. I'm subbed for Craft Bags, otherwise I might pass on this one.

Can we at least get a Loremaster Q&A Re: Shadowscales for this one?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Attackopsn
    Attackopsn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :o hel ra, aa, dsa
    Old stuff but still, :)
    ign: ATTACKO
    PS4 NA
    First NA Completion of VMoL Hard Mode

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Attackopsn wrote: »
    :o hel ra, aa, dsa
    Old stuff but still, :)

Fun stuff, too, and now it will be easier to get groups for AA, which is my favourite! Really happy with this!

Meet my characters:

• Ferretstalker
    Ferretstalker
    ✭✭✭
    ikza wrote: »
    Now all i need is the option to change the order of my characters in the screen selection.

Thank you ZOS.

Oh yes, please. It's a small thing, but it'd be nice.
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leogon wrote: »

Since the first beta I participated on :/
    I know I'm being super annoying and I'm sorry for it. I try to minimize the annoyance by not making any threads about it myself, but I know it must be awful to see that I posted on a thread about character customization and go like "Ugh, here comes Abeille complaining about the lack of black hair for Altmer again". I want more than anyone for this to end, but I can't give up until I get a definitive answer. Thank you for your support!

You have nothing to apologize for, you've been waiting for like 2 years for an easy answer to your easy question and the devs still haven't given you one. I honestly don't understand why they still haven't answered your question after all this time. Like you said, black hair for Altmer is already in-game so it's not like it would be lore-breaking or hard to implement. Anyway, you definitely have my support.
    Edited by Leogon on June 21, 2016 11:55PM
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    hey zos I love how you making new content, but hey newsflash, we been waiting 2 years for you to finish vet mode for following 4 man dungeons: volenfell, black heart haven, selene's web, tempest island, direfrost keep, arx corinium, and blessed crucible. this was original content that we PAID for that zos did not complete by games launch that they promised to do so and have not done any visible work on since vet city of ash was released about 2 years ago.

So zos finish the damn game we already paid for before you push out more content for us to buy.

You missed the one in Coldharbour - Vaults of Madness, the one that I'm personally looking forward to.. And even though i'd word it in a different way, you got a good point - it would be really nice to have those dungeons updated with a vet mode.
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Murkmire? Only dungeons? ZOS, you kidding me!?

Already been said many times Murkmire is no longer happening hence why the art assets, models etc are being used here and previously in TG and DB.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    The good thing about the racial change is they can start balancing racial passives without wrecking builds without offering a way to adapt. Side effect for me is I have the most fun trying different builds so this frees me up to better do so, IMO.

Yes. Much joy. Just not where you were thinking. Every time Wrobel takes a pass at racial passives, the finance people at ZOS have a party and redecorate another office in gold. :smile:

Maybe they will make Race Change cost gold instead of Crowns to eliminate the appearance of impropriety. We would not want people accusing Wrobel of making racial passive changes solely for the purpose of driving Crown sales.
    Is race changing to Imperial going to be a base option?
    Or will you still need the Imperial Edition for that?

I would hope that this would only be available to people who purchased the right to make Imperials.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Already been said many times Murkmire is no longer happening hence why the art assets, models etc are being used here and previously in TG and DB.

Source?

"As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭

Not true, it's just been pushed back.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two new dungeons that are Argonian-themed sounds nice, but it seems like the DLC pattern is to make vet the same story but harder. Maybe one day they will revist such dungeons and offer a different version like the base-game dungeons. Not right away, but it's a nice way to revisit and get more out of them.

Barber shops aren't a big deal for me, but I know they have been on many players' wish-lists, so congrats on finally having it added to the game. Same for text chat support on consoles and costume dying. I'm glad the people who've been waiting for those don't have to wait much longer.

I know some folks want all towns in Cyro to be capturable, as do I, but this is likely a test to see what additions/modifications should be made. (*fingers crossed for mobile flags, like caravans, next*)

They have had a couple of facial animation updates before, but I wonder if this next one will be substantial or more of a refit to clear up some of the weird things that happen. You can be sure we will see how they made the changes on ESO Live, and that some people in Twitch chat will keep saying "boring" and "next".

In addition to all of that, I am betting there will be a new personality or two added to the Crown store. Curious about the new motifs. Maybe we will see Ancient Argonian.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • IITHEOPII
    IITHEOPII
    ✭✭
    This looks like a update many of us have been waiting for since 2014.
    Stats - Highest DPS DK in Tamriel.
    Twitch: IITHEOPII
    Youtube: IITHEOPII
    Twitter: IITHEOPII
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would hope that this would only be available to people who purchased the right to make Imperials.

@lordrichter ...but they'd be paying Crowns for the race change? I'm not seeing a difference?

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@lordrichter ...but they'd be paying Crowns for the race change? I'm not seeing a difference?

The difference is how many crowns. I guess they could charge MORE to the people who don't have the Digital Imperial Upgrade. It does not seem fair that someone might buy the Digital Imperial Upgrade for 2100 and then have to pay for race change (pretend it is 1000 Crowns) while someone who did not buy it just has to pay the 1000 Crowns for the race change.

Looking at it another way, why let you change to Imperal for 1000 Crowns (again, pretend price) when ZOS could charge you an extra 2100 Crowns for the privilege of spending that 1000 Crowns.
    Edited by Elsonso on June 22, 2016 1:46AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • zharthasb16_ESO
    zharthasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    no news about clockwork city ?
    Megaserver US - since 2014
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This doesn't sound like a DLC, it all just sounds like base game patch... No new zone? Just two dungeons then a bunch of vanity features? Did I miss something? Sounds more like a Crown Store DLC. I doubt this will cost much though, prolly 10 bucks.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Sord
    Sord
    ✭✭✭
    My big question is "are they finally going to revamp some of the racial abilities?" I ask because in previous ESO Live they have always said that they don't want to do any major reworking of racial abilities UNTIL people can do racial changes. Also maybe because this patch has an Argonian theme, maybe just maybe they will prevail as the new dominant race! LOL what are the odds?
    www.fateslegacy.com Share your build or find a build here at Fate's Legacy!
    -This is your life and its ending one moment at a time-
  • chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    Can we have a chance in this patch to make achievement account wide??
  • Cheveyo
    Cheveyo
    ✭✭✭✭
    When?
  • Oxwood
    Oxwood
    ✭✭
    I was hoping for Arenas :(
    swag
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Murkmire is still happening it's just not going to be adventure zone anymore. This is per Kai at BE3.
  • AdAstra
    AdAstra
    ✭✭
    The quality of life updates have me way more excited than i probably should be! I am so happy about these new updates. Just being able to dye costumes is enough to sell me! = ) I am looking forward to the new personalities that will come with this too. I know it wasn't mentioned but we all know there will be at least one. Great job at keeping the hype train chugging ZOS. <3 you all
  • GRYM.LOCKE
    GRYM.LOCKE
    ✭✭✭
    to be honest apart from race change options this isnt worth even logging on

Story line for DB was awesome and Craft bag is like GOD mode, i will give you that ZOS but apart from wrothgar the other DLCS have been in mho "half done"
    I think it took me 5 hours to do all DB ranks and story lines........ 5 hours......... ill say again 5 hours..........

1: An area i could physically run from end to end in within minutes
    2: No major world bosses only group bosses
    3: Small dungeons and only 2/3 of them instead of the usual 7-11 per area
    4: no decent animation updates for weapons and skills
    5: no as of yet 6th Skill slot added

When are we getting

1: Were wolf skill changes / updates

2: Vampire changes and additional 2 skills or more

3: Levelable fighting pets / mounts
    DK Fire Elementals
    SC Storm Elementals
    DB Shadow Demon/Wolf/Shade
    TP Wisp/Spark/Angelic XXX

4: True "World bosses" that require 50-100 people i.e. "some fun stuff"

would be nice to see this game Finally move up and on to better things
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am wondering... Will some of the new haircuts, tattoos and ornaments be thematic, and accompanied with a description, as with the ongoing "tailored in Tamriel" clothing series?

For example, will there be descriptions of the cultural signifiance of Bosmeri tattoos, Khajiiti earrings, Minotaurian nose-hoops, or haircuts inspired by the Nibonese nobility within the future crownstore showcases?

Edit: This could also be applied to personalities. For example, "Nibonese Noble" could have our character use hand fans and do some motions with it, with the descriptions "Apparently innocuous and harmless motions of the hand fans in the balls of the Nibonese courts actually let members of nobility convey complex, sometimes lethal messages in a wealth of secret coded languages they developed to play the political game". Well, that's just an example, inspired by real-world use of hand fans, but I don't even know whether Nibonese nobility uses them...
    My point is just, will this cosmetic content be made lorewise interesting, which would actually be awesome, in my opinion. :smiley:
    Edited by VerboseQuips on June 22, 2016 10:13AM
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the ability to finally dye costumes will you be bringing back all the costumes you took away and I didn't buy because the colors were awful????

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, can we PLEASE start getting some previews of these new hairstyles and makeup combinations?