The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Excited about update 11 changes to top tier writs?

• lookstwice
    lookstwice
    ✭✭✭
    No, i'm still low on ruby mats
    Yeah I might have to drop back down to doing writs in Craglorn when this goes live. I think I made more gold doing Craglorn quests due to the surveys giving me nirnruxs. I kinda like how it is now, but still pretty low on the top level mats.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, writs already consume too many resources and too much time for too poor a reward with the exceptional good rewards being far, far too uncommon. With 160 gear requiring sooooo many mats and ruby items deconing into only 1 mat each, ruby mats are simply too valuable to waste on a losing proposition like writs.

I am frankly completely surprised by the results of this survey.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on July 3, 2016 11:32PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it's about time
    I am sitting on 2.2k rubedite ingots and 31 voidsteel.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ffastyl wrote: »
    I am sitting on 2.2k rubedite ingots and 31 voidsteel.

Rubedite goes for 48g ea, voidstone is 13g ea (although you can get it for about 3g, same with nightwood).

Not to mention as I said in a previous post, you will be losing rubedite every writ you do. Mathematically you can't gain materials doing the writs.
    Edited by Soleya on July 4, 2016 7:41PM
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'll be skipping the new writs. :(
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know if the new writs' surveys still give half of vr9-14 mats when you harvest them? If so then the change does not make sense at all.
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it's about time
    Great - I'm always out of void steel! I made most of the gear I need atm so I have plenty of top tier mats.

Well please boost the drop rate of tempers and all is good :wink:
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • tourerttrwb17_ESO
    tourerttrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry guys, just a question. Slightly off topic. I am not max lvl crafter yet and haven't seen any ruby mats. Seeing that people are short on those, cant one just go out and harvest them in the wild? Or are they too uncommon? I understand that rate of refine is lower, but still?
    PC-NA @Eon-King
  • lookstwice
    lookstwice
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm totally short on them, but my situation is that as soon as I hit max crafting it was relatively not long after hitting 50/cp160. And of course I started to level up my second toon who was in his 20's and just hit 50 a few days ago.

Also the crafter on the new lvl 50 is still low. I'm saying this with the assumption the nods I see will be related to my crafter or toon lvl. Not exactly I know how it works.

So in other words, I haven't had much of chance to quest while being the max in lvl/craft at the same time.

With that said, I went to Wroth (specifically to farm to see what it was like) and ran around for a bit and I managed to get a tiny buffer of mats. I didn't feel it was very hard or rare, but it was at like 2am or so. Might be way worse during the day though.

• Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's about time
    Sorry guys, just a question. Slightly off topic. I am not max lvl crafter yet and haven't seen any ruby mats. Seeing that people are short on those, cant one just go out and harvest them in the wild? Or are they too uncommon? I understand that rate of refine is lower, but still?

The reason people are low on the top tier mats is crafted armor.

CP 150 level armor is 13-15 refined mats

CP 160 level armor is 130-150 refined mats (a X10 multiplier)

It's not that there are LESS mats, people are just using the top tier mats at a MUCH faster rate for crafting.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Harvesting for materials is a time consuming task and there is a heap of competition for the material. Running around Wrothgar or Craglorn farming it is often a race to the nodes. It is often you get every second node because someone else leapfrogs you to the next node while you are collecting.

I would rather be questing or doing dungeons than farming, so will probably never make CP160 armour for any of my CP160 characters.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.