The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to log into either of my characters

Rexlupis
Rexlupis
✭✭✭
I was trying to enter Anvil outlaw's refuge while wearing a monk disguise that was about to expire in about 30 seconds on my DC main and the game kicked me to the login screen while loading. When I logged back into my account and tried to log onto that character, it initially showed a black screen and I couldn't view the characters' model. Trying to load the character resulted in an extremely short load time (>10 seconds) that kicked me back to character select, this time being able to view my character's model. It should be noted the character has both the cadaverous assassin polymorph active as well as the noble costume, so I'm not sure if it is a conflict between the costume/polymorph and the monk disguise expiring while I was in a loading screen.
Multiple attempts to log onto that character have had the same result, I get an extremely quick loading screen and then kicked back to character select.
Trying to log on my low level AD alt in Rawl'kha, I get an infinite loading screen and the game never loads.

Since both my characters are unusable, I am unable to open a customer support ticket.
  • Rexlupis
    Rexlupis
    ✭✭✭
    For whatever reason there isn't an edit button on the above post.

I created a new character to enter a customer service ticket. The ticket # is: 160628-000625
  • Rexlupis
    Rexlupis
    ✭✭✭
    I still haven't received a response from customer support after over twenty-four hours; all I received was a mail letting me know that customer service was currently closed and that their goal was to respond within six business hours. I received this automated message when I first opened the ticket yesterday morning.
  • Rexlupis
    Rexlupis
    ✭✭✭
    This issue still hasn't been resolved. I did receive a few e-mails from a customer support representative where he:
    -Asked me to run the game consultant
    -Misdiagnosed the issue as a connectivity issue (It isn't, as is evidenced by the fact I can log into either of my other two characters...More on that later... It appeared like he also misinterpreted the data, as the trace route which didn't complete timed out after about 7 hops in, indicating any connectivity issues were not on my end)
    -Moved my character to another location (around 19 hours ago, responded within 30 minutes that this did not resolve the issue. He hasn't responded since, which is over six hours of your customer service being open without a response.)

I did discover that the infinite load screen was being caused by trying to log into my bugged character and then into any other character. It is replicable 100% of the time; if I try to log into the character who is bugged and then try to log into any other character, I receive an infinite load screen.

I had sent another e-mail at 9PM yesterday requesting that the bugged character be rolled back to a state before I entered the refuge, and the customer service agent has not responded to this request either. I did supply him with information as to when the initial bug occurred (time and date, as well as a list of quests I had just turned in/picked up before the issue arose) and no support or response has been given.
  • Rexlupis
    Rexlupis
    ✭✭✭
    The issue still hasn't been resolved, yet I received a survey instead of any communication with customer support asking me if I was satisfied with my customer service experience and if the issue is resolved. Obviously, the answer to both is "No."

I'm not sure how explicitly stating that the issue was not resolved could cause your representative to believe otherwise. Is there any way this ticket can be escalated? It has been several days and I still can't use the character I've spent the last two years honing and playing.
    Edited by Rexlupis on June 30, 2016 8:50PM
  • Rexlupis
    Rexlupis
    ✭✭✭
    I still have received no support with this issue. My character is completely unplayable, which means thousands of hours of game-time and millions of in game gold has been thrown away due to a bug and Zenimax's "support response" seems to be to totally ignore the issue.

I find this totally unacceptable. There was not even an attempt to roll back my character to a state before the bug occurred, and the customer support representative seems to be more interested in giving canned responses than understanding or resolving the issue. If an issue like this occurred on a public beta, I could understand, but this is on the live server.

If this is a precedent, it means if your character becomes bugged you can kiss it goodbye. Players beware, apparently entering a loading screen when a monk disguise is about to expire is tantamount to deleting your character!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom This makes your company look very bad. Is it ZoS's intention to ignore customer service requests and allow characters to essentially be destroyed due to in-game glitches or am I simply a "lucky winner" who has his use of this game totally ruined because I received the "wrong" support staff looking over my ticket?
    Edited by Rexlupis on July 1, 2016 4:08PM
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My lady has a similar problem, she crashes trying to log in the game before character selection screen. More threads here recently indicates the problem is not isolated and might be ZOS end or need ZOS orientation. Please help! Bumping your thread as well.
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Rexlupis
    Rexlupis
    ✭✭✭
    Cously wrote: »
    My lady has a similar problem, she crashes trying to log in the game before character selection screen. More threads here recently indicates the problem is not isolated and might be ZOS end or need ZOS orientation. Please help! Bumping your thread as well.

This is a different issue; my game isn't crashing, it simply will not allow me to access a particular character. Trying to access that character results in a 10 second load screen and then it kicks me back to the character select. Trying to use any other character after results in a load screen that never ends.

Your issue is client side; my issue is server side.
  • SiAScORCH
    SiAScORCH
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's an ESO issue. One of the thousands of them that they've yet to fix.

It depends where your character is logged in at. If it's mournhold and you're trying to log on and the instance it's trying to put you in is loaded, it just disconnects you saying unable to connect whatever. The servers are horrible and then when they release one tamriel and everybody is visible, this is going to be wayyy to common of an issue.
  • Rexlupis
    Rexlupis
    ✭✭✭
    SiAScORCH wrote: »
    It's an ESO issue. One of the thousands of them that they've yet to fix.

It depends where your character is logged in at. If it's mournhold and you're trying to log on and the instance it's trying to put you in is loaded, it just disconnects you saying unable to connect whatever. The servers are horrible and then when they release one tamriel and everybody is visible, this is going to be wayyy to common of an issue.

That is also an unrelated issue that has been resolved by changing some things client side, using a different system to log in or being moved to another location. None of these resolves my issue and mine was specifically caused by trying to enter a refuge when my monk disguise was about to expire. My issue is a SERVER SIDE issue, not client side, unlike the issue you are conflating it with.

That being said, my disappointment with customer service seems to have no limit. Just when I thought they couldn't be any less helpful, I received a communication today where they told me they were incapable of performing a character roll back and to open a bug report. I don't see why customer service couldn't contact the other department on my behalf, especially since the bug reporting tool has so little room for information that it was impossible to give them a full description of the issue. I ended up having to include the ticket number for the dialogue with customer support, anyways.

Customer support also tried to close the ticket without resolving the issue AGAIN. It is this sort of "service" that makes one want to stop supporting a company... Which is a shame, since I have been a supporter of id Software and Bethesda since long before Zenimax got involved. However, if this is an indication of what Zenimax considers proper treatment of their customers, I can't justify supporting their revenue stream in any way, shape or form.
    Edited by Rexlupis on July 2, 2016 8:23PM
  • Rexlupis
    Rexlupis
    ✭✭✭
    It took about an entire week and three different customer service representatives, but the issue is finally resolved.

Apparently the solution was, according to the final customer service agent, "(removing) some unusual effects from (my) character."

Again, players beware, entering a loading screen when a monk disguise is about to expire could result in a serious server-side issue that renders your character unusable until it is resolved by someone at ZoS! Keep an eye out for this issue being resolved in upcoming patch notes, but until then avoid entering a loading screen when a monk disguise is about to expire!
  • Rexlupis
    Rexlupis
    ✭✭✭

Neither of these issues are related to the issue I was having. In fact, apparently the issue I had was fixed in the patch they performed on Tuesday, but I'm not about to risk my character being unusable for another week to test it.

Again, it was NOT a connection issue. It was caused by entering a loading screen when my monk disguise was about to expire. I've had to explain this multiple times in this thread; please read the thread before you comment.