Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game Performance Issues on Console

• Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    I posted this on another thread, but thought it would not hurt to post it here as well.

I noticed different behavior last night 7/6. Xbox NA.
    Prior to the patch I would be dashboarded. After the patch I was in a lot of impromptu load screens but it never crashed.

I was running the dailes which were Crypt of hearts and tempest.
    1930 EST Crypt of hearts had 4 different impromptu load screens. One was very long. Three were very short. There was also four instances with invisible mobs. Ilambris_Zaven &Ilambris-Athor were invisible for me until thy combined and the bosses health was at 50%, then I could see it.
    1830 EST Tempest island I never saw one load screen or invisible mobs

Grabbing and dropping of the quest is Grahtwood.
    Experienced several load screen getting the quests, but did not crash. One load screen turning them in but no crash. I traveled to the wayshrine north of Grahtwood both times and walked into the city. No mount.

Might not do much good either. The devs are using this post for PS4 feedback and issues. If you are on Xbox you would want to check out the similar thread over in their Tech Support Forum.

The title did not say PS4, but ok.. good luck PS4 people :)
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am noticing more of a high latency problem right now I think ile take a break atleast till a patch or server maintenance comes along to hope that it would be fixed. Im no expert at tech by any means but its either something is being fed too much data or not enough rebooting my router and modem did fix it though. Lets say if my router is disagreeing with one of the ports ESO goes through what would I need to do? Because to be honest im not sure whats going on but my guess its more a back end than front end problem. I almost forgot I live with a family using internet so no plugging into the modem for me. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Status Update: it turns out my ISP just had a black out on our service for about a minute because of some reason. So I might go back and play this game to see if there is anything I have a nitpick with performance wise but not to picky since I am used to stutter.
    Edited by Whatzituyah on July 8, 2016 1:27AM
  • Hashiramasenju
    Hashiramasenju
    Soul Shriven
    ...so, no eta for activity finder fix? I hate queuing for an hour and a half as healer. Makes me want to switch from ps4 ESO back to smite.
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lag seems to have been toned down considerably, at least in places with less traffic but that seems to be all that's changed. Lag still happens in places like Orsinum, Eldenroot and even vukal guard, couldn't talk to an npc for ages there. I also encountered invisible enemies with one of my alts while doing the main story quest 'castle of the worm'. No matter what I did I died, I'd kill everything in sight then suddenly I was dead ...I checked my Internet, WiFi and everything but it wasn't on my end. I did complete it eventually though.
    Edited by Cerbolt on July 8, 2016 12:55AM
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • jhall03
    jhall03
    ✭✭✭
    I'm worried that this game is becoming too much for consoles. And with the new features coming out (One Tamriel and text chat) I don't see how it's going to get better.

-Playing in Cyrodill is often like playing a game a 3 frames per second.

Is there any way you can let us do something, anything to help performance. How about turning off shadows, or visual effects, or pets?

Are we stuck with this until something like the Playstation Neo or Xbox Scorpio comes out?

Edited by jhall03 on July 8, 2016 1:02AM
  • rpfc1009
    rpfc1009
    ✭✭
    Played the game from start, suffered all the problems then and after.
    Everyone seems to have the same problems, this isn't just random cases or individual characters.
    And after all the accounts stated here and on other forums, help desks, etc you still come back to us with general answers and tips, and infuriating questions of where and which dungeon or which zone or which problem...
    It does feel like you don't play the game, that consoles are an after thought.
    Why no pts on consoles to test how stable and how the game runs?
    Loading screens in all areas, invisible mobs, crashes during pledges, frame rate drop, not being able change weapons when arriving anywhere, loading screens and more loading screens, characters account wide getting stuck or unable to perform skills, etc, etc, etc...

And it happens to EVERYONE!
    And everyone is getting tired of trying to enjoy a game we love.
    Tired of sticking to this game despite all the problems.
    Tired of waiting for a solution.
    And we are getting frustrated
    And angry because we don't feel that you are listening to us
    And it feels like you don't care
    I do love the game, play it a lot so please fix it
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last night on PS4 EU

This is just an example, but riding on a mount from the Abah's Landing wayshrine through the main road in the town. Multiple random loading screens and lag. NPC's not loading in for up to a minute, severe frame rate drops and stuttering alongside textures not loading in, or very low resolution blurry textures.

The impression, is that the client and server are out of sync...or that riding along, the client software is not receiving updates fast enough from the server.

Honestly Gina, just go home, switch on your PS4 in peak times and play the game. It's not like this is a rare issue, thousands (if not everyone) are seeing it.

Most annoying of all is ZOS acting like it's a big surprise that they aren't aware of
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, group finder has been alot better since the patch.

Now, they just need to fix the lag, loading screens, slow loading npcs and enemies, slow textures etc
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm finding performance in ESO to be best atm in underpopulated PvP campaigns within the Lambent Passage (Imperial City Sewers).

Enemies are properly loading, no random load screens, and lag/stutters only occur if a group of 6 or more players roam together and repeatedly activate skills at the same time. Not bad, right -_-

Group Dungeons, vMA, trials, populated/full campaigns, populated towns, exploration in PvE zones, walking in any zone except Imperial City and Cyrodiil. In none of these places aka anywhere else will you find the same caliber of acceptable performance.
  • Adzer2
    Adzer2
    ✭✭✭
    Last night while doing the Veteran Dungeon pledge, all members of our party were experiencing massive lag on screen where everything had stopped moving on the screen but the fight was still going on in the meantime, I have video clips recorded from my PS4 which I'll upload if needed

We were chatting on Skype at the same time and there was no interruption to the chat at all, so the root cause of the lag is the game servers, its absolute disgrace that this has been let go on for so long and will result in a lot of people leaving the game and not coming back
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Characters:
    Adzer - Breton Templar
    Thorgon Stormcaller - Nord Dragonknight
    Elrond Smeagol - High Elf Sorceror
    Akorithi Sendu - Redguard Nightblade
    Miraak Icelight - Nord Warden
    Father Dori - Breton Templar
    Argo - Argonian Dragonknight
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Moe1983 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

In order to help us track down the exact issues you’re seeing, we’d like to get some very specific information from you. If you’re running into invisible monsters and/or NPCs, if things are not fully loading in, or if you have extremely low FPS, please post exactly which area you’re experiencing this (and include which problem you’re having). The more specific you can be, the better.

Thanks in advance!
    It's happening across the board, not just in specific parts of the map.

yes this would be my general consensus too.

Am on ps4/eu last few days been running pledges in Stormhaven, Rivenspire, Malabal Tor, Greenshade & Deshaan to name but a few. Also been working alot on PvE content in Wrothgar & Craglorn (including vet. trials within Sanctum Ophidia). Dipped my feet into Cyrodiil same situation, I was primarily operating between Castle Roebeck, Gray Viper Outpost & Castle Faregyl.
    Hey guys,

In order to help us track down the exact issues you’re seeing, we’d like to get some very specific information from you. If you’re running into invisible monsters and/or NPCs, if things are not fully loading in, or if you have extremely low FPS, please post exactly which area you’re experiencing this (and include which problem you’re having). The more specific you can be, the better.

Thanks in advance!

It seems to happen just about everywhere but last night alone I witnessed it in Hew's Bane, Gold Coast, and Riften.

In recent weeks I've seen all of this in Mournhold, Wrothgar (all of it, even the main city), Alik'r Desert, Bangkorai, Shadowfen, Deshan, Craglorn, and of course Cyrodiil.

To be fair that's pretty much every zone I've been in for the last month or so, so when you see people saying "everywhere" they really aren't kidding.

What situation specifically? Poor FPS or invisible mobs?

Log a character into Stormhaven or Wrothgar. Leave the shrine, hit a loading screen, when that passes notice the hundreds of shapeless, textureless black shadows (players) around you. Wait another minute or two--not an exaggeration--for NPCs to load.

Or go play a round in vet Crypt of Hearts where every bug in the world can be encountered. You've had hundreds if not thousands of reports by now with situations, locations and precise reporting. Heck, I started just such a thread four weeks ago.

I'm not sure how much more players can do on their end to isolate the landslide of issues.
    Edited by Peekachu99 on July 8, 2016 12:28PM
  • Noerknhar
    Noerknhar
    ✭✭✭
    nMoL last boss, constant crashes of 4 group members in the middle of the group fight. Weren't able to finish.
    We expect the loot delivered per mail ;)

Maybe just a general statement:
    Although I see the point in asking us to provide feedback what happened where and when, you should really consider just activating a PS4 at your office once and log in and actually play the game for like 20-30minutes. You'll see what we have to deal with.
    Performance is ridiculous, ranging from invisible NPCs/mobs/players over inability to switch bars and multiple loading screens to constant crashes to the dashboard.

Whatever you did to the game's engine when you introduced DB, revert it and try to find a proper solution. You're operating at the beating heart here and I have yet to see this work for anyone.
    Edited by Noerknhar on July 8, 2016 2:13PM
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Cross-posted to the Xbox One Technical Support forum area)

With today's console incremental patch, we pushed some improvements for the game performance issues that many of our players have been experiencing on Xbox One & PS4. These were the first of more game performance improvements to come. While we have seen some improvements, some of our players are still experiencing some or all of the following issues:
    • Very long load times
    • Invisible monsters and/or NPCs, and things not fully loading into the world
    • Extremely low FPS
    • Frequent crashing to dashboard
    • Characters stuck due to a crash loop

For those of you who are still experiencing any of the above issues, we have a couple recommendations we'd like you to try that have worked for others.
    • Please completely turn off and reboot your console
    • Please ensure that while running ESO, no other apps are open on your console

If you are still experiencing the listed issues after trying the two recommendations above, please reply to this thread with specific details about your issue. Also, if you have a character that is currently stuck in a crash loop, please contact our Support team – they will move your character for you. And if things have improved for you since today's patch, we'd also like to know. Thank you!

I have completley rebooted my console 3 times

i do not run other apps

i have deleted saved date from evrywhere

i have submitted a ticket, and all i get is an auto response (worded similar to this response) but it says if this doesnt work please contact us again, so i tell thme it doesnt work and i get the same auto response again

my character is stuckin the wrothgar loop, and i appear to be stuck in the automated response loop!
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was all over the place last nite working achievements. Glenumbra, had some invisible mobs followed by load screen, then everything cleared up and was alright doing jump off the Giants nose. Load screens about everywhere after way shrine in to new area. Storm Haven.....is always bad. Auridon was alright after first load screen, Alik'r, Bangkorai and Greenshade were good. No delay in Betnikh or Stro's Mkai.
    It may have helped that I would take a minute to find the spot and try to map it before taking off into the zone. When I handed in writs in orsinium, I used the Shatul way shrine and galloped up to the turn in. The quest markers still took a moment to appear.

On the plus side, the bankers are loaded in waiting on me before I even get in so no have to wait on them! They used to take a minute or two it seems.
  • Natetendo83
    Natetendo83
    ✭✭
    I posted this on another thread, but thought it would not hurt to post it here as well.

I noticed different behavior last night 7/6. Xbox NA.
    Prior to the patch I would be dashboarded. After the patch I was in a lot of impromptu load screens but it never crashed.

I was running the dailes which were Crypt of hearts and tempest.
    1930 EST Crypt of hearts had 4 different impromptu load screens. One was very long. Three were very short. There was also four instances with invisible mobs. Ilambris_Zaven &Ilambris-Athor were invisible for me until thy combined and the bosses health was at 50%, then I could see it.
    1830 EST Tempest island I never saw one load screen or invisible mobs

Grabbing and dropping of the quest is Grahtwood.
    Experienced several load screen getting the quests, but did not crash. One load screen turning them in but no crash. I traveled to the wayshrine north of Grahtwood both times and walked into the city. No mount.

Might not do much good either. The devs are using this post for PS4 feedback and issues. If you are on Xbox you would want to check out the similar thread over in their Tech Support Forum.

Well we are in the PS4 forum ;)
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The title did not say PS4, but ok.. good luck PS4 people :)[/quote]

Well we are in the PS4 forum ;) [/quote]

but zos arent replying to the one in the xbox forum, so were jumping in here to get some attention :D

seriously though sorry for hijacking!
    Edited by bebynnag on July 8, 2016 2:51PM
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭

Well we are in the PS4 forum ;) [/quote]

but zos arent replying to the one in the xbox forum, so were jumping in here to get some attention :D

seriously though sorry for hijacking![/quote]

Dont worry about hijacking, we're all gamers together suffering on the same game. Doesnt matter if it's PS4 or Xbox, same issues.
  • Natetendo83
    Natetendo83
    ✭✭
    Yea I'm not trying to "shoo" you away or anything. I didn't realize you weren't getting the help you needed over at the other forums.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I'm not trying to "shoo" you away or anything. I didn't realize you weren't getting the help you needed over at the other forums.

i wasnt actually offended hence the :D

if i had been offende you would of got a :#
  • MoistGeorge
    Console versions are practially unplayable since DB, while i'm sure they are working hard at ZOS, new things are coming and i haven't spoken with any friend that actually planned on staying when Neverwinter and Ark release on PS4.

ESO is awesome, my favourite MMO of all (and i've been playing most western ones on PC for the past 15 years) but it's simply not allowing me to love it. Everytime i want to like it i get a landslide of petty issues that make it very much unenjoyable indeed. And right now, we can't even play because the server is in maintance at peak time.
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    (Cross-posted to the Xbox One Technical Support forum area)

With today's console incremental patch, we pushed some improvements for the game performance issues that many of our players have been experiencing on Xbox One & PS4. These were the first of more game performance improvements to come. While we have seen some improvements, some of our players are still experiencing some or all of the following issues:
    • Very long load times
    • Invisible monsters and/or NPCs, and things not fully loading into the world
    • Extremely low FPS
    • Frequent crashing to dashboard
    • Characters stuck due to a crash loop

For those of you who are still experiencing any of the above issues, we have a couple recommendations we'd like you to try that have worked for others.
    • Please completely turn off and reboot your console
    • Please ensure that while running ESO, no other apps are open on your console

If you are still experiencing the listed issues after trying the two recommendations above, please reply to this thread with specific details about your issue. Also, if you have a character that is currently stuck in a crash loop, please contact our Support team – they will move your character for you. And if things have improved for you since today's patch, we'd also like to know. Thank you!

I have completley rebooted my console 3 times

i do not run other apps

i have deleted saved date from evrywhere

i have submitted a ticket, and all i get is an auto response (worded similar to this response) but it says if this doesnt work please contact us again, so i tell thme it doesnt work and i get the same auto response again

my character is stuckin the wrothgar loop, and i appear to be stuck in the automated response loop!

Don't tell me that untill the maintenance you were still stuck in Wrothgar ??? That's like 2 or 3 days already from what i read and i really have respect for your patience !!
    Amazing !
  • Cr4p0w3
    Cr4p0w3
    ✭✭
    I was playing city of ash one hour ago, everything was fine until I got to the last boss. Then I started lagging and got several disconnections. Tried rebooting my modem but didn't work. I'm able to watch 4k Netflix movies, but apparently I can't play ESO anymore.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very disappointing. For me, the game wasn't so bad with performance before the Dark Brotherhood release. Sure things were a bit laggy in Hew's Bane. But ever since the DB patch dropped I haven't been able to play AND enjoy the game experience. You guys are about to lose a faithful customer - a customer who recommended this game to every gamer friend he has - if you don't fix these issues soon. This isn't WoW, people WILL move on from ESO...
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the console megaserver maintenance have anything to do with the console megaservers current performance? @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno

Because if it does that makes me a little happy inside been depressed awhile about not being with my peers.
  • Natetendo83
    Natetendo83
    ✭✭
    I too am curious as to what actually happens with the server maintenance. Are these supposed to help with these issues or is it for something else entirely?
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had high hopes for the Friday patch, but the problems even got worse. I even see twice as much loading screens as before. Riding through Orsinium now conists of more loading screens that riding. The loading screens also take longer, some more than a minute.

Another effect - loaded NPCs disappear faster, example: I load a game inside Orsinium's bank. First, I need to wait one minute for the banker to appear (why is the banker always the last one to appear??? She should have a higher loading priority than the players). Then I do my writs, giving me 5 loading screens (one week ago there were "only 3"), so I am waiting some more minutes. When I finally get back to the bank, I have to wait one minute for the banker to load again...

The same waiting happens for invisible NPCs in dungeons, quest markers etc. etc.
    ESO currently is a waiting simulator, not a game...
    Edited by BalticBlues on July 11, 2016 3:01PM
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just getting worse and worse, Auridon today I'm getting one second screen freezes when I discover a new location, raise a skill level, kill a mob etc, what on earth is going on with this game at the moment ?

Come on Zenimax, it really is long past time for you to get a handle on things, I've supported you since release on pc and since release on the console version and so have many many others.

Give us the game that we're paying you for please.
    Edited by Lunerdog on July 11, 2016 4:31PM
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    I too am curious as to what actually happens with the server maintenance. Are these supposed to help with these issues or is it for something else entirely?

Most likely, they're backing up the data to DLT tape or somesuch. Making sure they have a backup copy of everyone's characters etc.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The radio silence here is deafening. I may as well go back to DCUO. At least they sorted out this MMO101 BS.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another maintenance goes by....I don't know what maintenance is for in zos terms but anyway...I load up my main in Rawl'kha and every single npc loads in right away, I run around and no lag. This is wonderful! So off to The Gold Coast....lag, lag everywhere, no npcs in site until a minute goes by. Is it just these dlc sites that are plagued so horrifically? I can't stand this bs, not to mention you still haven't produced a fix for mementos yet! What in the hell are you guys doing?? Are you really trying to thin out the crowd to relieve the pressure on your servers? I'm seriously starting to believe that. Nonother game developer waits this long to fix this ***.