The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[SUGGESTION] Apply a Healing, Damage and Movement Speed Debuff to Large Groups

• HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    Zheg wrote: »
    so if VE is done why are you guys still trying to tell people on the forums how the game should work? move on already zheg nobody cares what your group could supposedly accomplish

you need significant practice at trolling.

@HoloYoitsu show him the way senpai
    I would show him the Way of Salinity, but there's 6 groups of VE blocking the road on the bridge.

Remember, 4 ppl is a group, so 24 is 6 whole groups, gaise! Can someone calculate how many zergs that is for me?
    fail attempt to troll steve, ive gotten a good fight from every guild on TF but yours. Every time you guys stacked and died to a single negate i got a minimum of 3 hate tells from your guild ranging from your guilds toxic to flat out your cheating. Pvp yesterday might have been as zergy from AD as usual but atleast every guild we hit was willing to say something positive win or lose, you guys failed to learn from everyone elses example and went straight to we cant lose were the best thing ever! everyones cheating!
    Show me the screens, and it would be preferable if you could please pshop an "@Steve" over each of the names. I could use some new material. Your post shows well seasoned spirit, perhaps like a roasted peanut - though it is lacking in lemon zest. I do agree with you though, Steve is a complete fail troll, I once tried mentoring him but he was too polite.

Young one, I hereby accept you as my padame, live long and prosper.
    y9rg1kR.gif
    Edited by HoloYoitsu on July 1, 2016 8:13PM
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And yeah, bombard + negate combo is toxic as ffffffff. I'll stand by that. Worse than Unstable Wall +Meatbags/Dark Flare. Goodbye Novas, banners, veils, bats, fare thee well Walking At A Reasonable Speed and CC Breaking (negate silencing break free? Realllllly?). Winning fights never felt so stupid, my blood pressure is better in a competitive Overwatch overtime.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    God_flakes wrote: »
    so if VE is done why are you guys still trying to tell people on the forums how the game should work? move on already zheg nobody cares what your group could supposedly accomplish

I always find it fascinating, how drastic the difference between how people talk about us when we're on their faction vs how they talk about us when we're on the other factio.

This goes both ways.

Mmmm not really. I've kept good ties with anyone and everyone willing to. I will still vouch for guilds on opposing factions, long after they've changed from calling us great players and good fights to "zerging no skill baddies". Going back to the old "VE Rerolls DC" thread is kinda sad for me, so many people in there who I considered friends and allies who now can't bring themselves to say Good Fight if their lives depended on it.

Oooooh Steve, I think we have established the who's and why's your group has "burned bridges". Some things just can't be unsaid and undone. And former alliances become strained when things are taken to such atrocious elevations and true characters are revealed. Your group seems to have developed these issues with multiple people, players and guilds from all three factions (as this and other threads indicate) and yet here you sit still playing Mr. Innocent.

Whatever makes you happy. I dont recall being the one to start that slap fight.

It's also hard to buy your "vehement defense" of me and mine when reading through your post history. You have your moments but you can't ever seem to decide if you want to butter us up or take potshots. At least now all is clear.

Considering I was one of the primary proponents of the mass exodus from TB, and the most vocal on the forums regarding why the exodus was necessary...I think it's understandable that I didn't have a whole lot of trust for an EP guild up and switching to DC. However, a well known DC player and member of your guild proceeded to lecture me about your worth to the DC community and assure me all of the dissension that I was witnessing was DC side and from one woman in particular and you were all being maligned unfairly by her guild. I took this person at their word and yes, I did defend you time and time and time again, even to the point of taking jabs from that guild in particular. Fast forward several months later, and that very same member of your guild has (for whatever the reason) tab targeted me on these forums and in the game and in multiple team speaks and is maligning me in the most despicable and egregious way possible. And I'm left to wonder if I had been led down the primrose path and then had my throat slit for my troubles. So forgive me if buttering up VE is no longer on my menu.

Do I gripe on the forums? Can I be cantankerous? Yes. I, along with many, have been severely frustrated with the game for months. I enjoy playful banter and forum pvp and always have, that's nothing new. But I've never taken it to the level you and some of yours have condoned. So I guess we are even, all is clear to me now, too.
  • Boomboom
    Boomboom
    ✭✭
    I accidentally bought non salted popcorn for the forum pvp tonight D: so I'll just have to come back to this thread anytime i need some.
    Styx Zadinia - EP - Crafter - Khajiit
    Aquaberry Diamond - DC - Stam Sorc - Imperial
    Štyx - DC - Stamplar - Orc
    Hurrican't Touch This - DC - PvE Stam Sorc - Khajiit
    Slam Zadinia - DC - Magblade - High Elf
    Holy Yeezus - DC - Magplar - Argonian
    Židane Head Hunter - DC - Dragonknight - Dark Elf
    Haram Bae - DC - Mag Sorc - High Elf
    \/ape/\/ation

• Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I always find it fascinating, how drastic the difference between how people talk about us when we're on their faction vs how they talk about us when we're on the other factio.

This goes both ways.

Mmmm not really. I've kept good ties with anyone and everyone willing to. I will still vouch for guilds on opposing factions, long after they've changed from calling us great players and good fights to "zerging no skill baddies". Going back to the old "VE Rerolls DC" thread is kinda sad for me, so many people in there who I considered friends and allies who now can't bring themselves to say Good Fight if their lives depended on it.

Oooooh Steve, I think we have established the who's and why's your group has "burned bridges". Some things just can't be unsaid and undone. And former alliances become strained when things are taken to such atrocious elevations and true characters are revealed. Your group seems to have developed these issues with multiple people, players and guilds from all three factions (as this and other threads indicate) and yet here you sit still playing Mr. Innocent.

It's also hard to buy your "vehement defense" of me and mine when reading through your post history. You have your moments but you can't ever seem to decide if you want to butter us up or take potshots. At least now all is clear.

Considering I was one of the primary proponents of the mass exodus from TB, and the most vocal on the forums regarding why the exodus was necessary...I think it's understandable that I didn't have a whole lot of trust for an EP guild up and switching to DC. However, a well known DC player and member of your guild proceeded to lecture me about your worth to the DC community and assure me all of the dissension that I was witnessing was DC side and from one woman in particular and you were all being maligned unfairly by her guild. I took this person at their word and yes, I did defend you time and time and time again, even to the point of taking jabs from that guild in particular. Fast forward several months later, and that very same member of your guild has (for whatever the reason) tab targeted me on these forums and in the game and in multiple team speaks and is maligning me in the most despicable and egregious way possible. And I'm left to wonder if I had been led down the primrose path and then had my throat slit for my troubles. So forgive me if buttering up VE is no longer on my menu.

Do I gripe on the forums? Can I be cantankerous? Yes. I, along with many, have been severely frustrated with the game for months. I enjoy playful banter and forum pvp and always have, that's nothing new. But I've never taken it to the level you and some of yours have condoned. So I guess we are even, all is clear to me now, too.

No one likes fair weather friends. You've said some pretty nasty stuff about or to friends of mine, some of which you remember and some of which you likely don't. I've been about as friendly and cordial as I can be after the SCs I've been given, none of which I feel like are appropriate for an open forum like this. So while I can say I don't really think what was said about you was appropriate to be put out in public, it's also difficult for me to act particularly astonished when someone who throws stones when she feels like it and speaks poorly of professed friends behind their backs is hit back at by someone who got fed up with it. What's done is done, time for all involved to move on.

• God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This goes both ways.

No one likes fair weather friends. You've said some pretty nasty stuff about or to friends of mine, some of which you remember and some of which you likely don't. I've been about as friendly and cordial as I can be after the SCs I've been given, none of which I feel like are appropriate for an open forum like this. So while I can say I don't really think what was said about you was appropriate to be put out in public, it's also difficult for me to act particularly astonished when someone who throws stones when she feels like it and speaks poorly of professed friends behind their backs is hit back at by someone who got fed up with it. What's done is done, time for all involved to move on.

Wooooowwwwws are you really referring to the night I had one too many drinks and told Crispen off? :D

Are you actually suggesting this mitigates what members of your guild, including you, have insinuated about me?

In summation, let me establish one salient point. I have two true friends in this game whom I consider real life friends and trust implicitly. Everyone else is a game acquaintance and not entitled to my loyalty unless and until they earn it. And I can handle sticks and stones thrown my way, I've readily admitted I've tossed some bombs (game related) and I'm no withering flower. It is unfounded accusations of criminal behavior which raise the alarms.

And this is me, moving on now.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This goes both ways.

Wooooowwwwws are you really referring to the night I had one too many drinks and told Crispen off? :D

Are you actually suggesting this mitigates what members of your guild, including you, have insinuated about me?

In summation, let me establish one salient point. I have two true friends in this game whom I consider real life friends and trust implicitly. Everyone else is a game acquaintance and not entitled to my loyalty unless and until they earn it. And I can handle sticks and stones thrown my way, I've readily admitted I've tossed some bombs (game related) and I'm no withering flower. It is unfounded accusations of criminal behavior which raise the alarms.

Let's not forget some straight up lies in the post above, no one is following you to Teamspeaks and harassing you. You can be mad about what he said without making up stories to go with. It's poor form especially considering he can't post to defend himself.

And no Crispen is not what I refer to, though that is hardly one of a kind incident.
    Edited by Satiar on July 1, 2016 8:52PM

• God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This goes both ways.

Let's not forget some straight up lies in the post above, no one is following you to Teamspeaks and harassing you. You can be mad about what he said without making up stories to go with.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply anyone in your guild was harassing me in teamspeak. No, that's someone else entirely with a German name. But I know darn well what's being said about me (that's what i was referring to) by AoE. Steve, I understand you can't control him. And I'm not asking you to control him. He can keep on keeping on.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This goes both ways.

Let's not forget some straight up lies in the post above, no one is following you to Teamspeaks and harassing you. You can be mad about what he said without making up stories to go with.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply anyone in your guild was harassing me in teamspeak. No, that's someone else entirely with a German name. But I know darn well what's being said about me (that's what i was referring to) by AoE. Steve, I understand you can't control him. And I'm not asking you to control him. He can keep on keeping on.

Your post was pretty clear on who you were talking about, if that's not your intent you may want to put in an edit.

• God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, Steve. Should I demand you edit out all the things you've stated the last few days that I take umbrage with and felt were poorly phrased and misleading? Is this what we have come to?
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This back-and-forth rivals the ones I have with frozn. I feel threatened, cannot compute.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Speaks poorly of professed friends behind their backs"

This one has me puzzled and convinces you're reaching for straws. Please PM me any SC's you have of me badmouthing professed friends. Oh and the Crispen rage tells don't count. That was a complicated night. I've already atoned for it.
    Edited by God_flakes on July 1, 2016 9:14PM
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, Steve. Should I demand you edit out all the things you've stated the last few days that I take umbrage with and felt were poorly phrased and misleading? Is this what we have come to?

Sure. But I can defend myself and he cannot.

• God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He's welcome to come talk to me any time in my Ts and hash this out. I'd love a chance to hear why he felt good about himself saying what he said.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

He's welcome to come talk to me any time in my Ts and hash this out. I'd love a chance to hear why he felt good about himself saying what he said.

I leave that to you and him, but as long as he's muted on these forums you're casting shade on someone who has zero ability to fight back or correct it. Perhaps you consider that justice, but work is slow so I'll take the time to speak for him since he cannot.

• God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I leave that to you and him, but as long as he's muted on these forums you're casting shade on someone who has zero ability to fight back or correct it. Perhaps you consider that justice, but work is slow so I'll take the time to speak for him since he cannot.

Casting shade? Are you kidding me right now? He straight up slandered me here. Please don't speak for him. I'm done talking about this, done talking with you and done talking about him. I've spent way too much time and energy on this as it is.
  • ataggs
    ataggs
    ✭✭✭✭

This goes both ways.

Moving on after at least 5 more posts.
      Confirmed Casual
    • Templar DC- Zee Taggs
    • Templar EP- Zoola
    • Templar AD- Old Zoola
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Zheg you are the number 1 person to defend big groups on the forums we get it, you dont want your play style nerfed. We all go through it
    Callig Zheg out for 'big group playstyle'? When he is someone who solo & small manned exclusively since launch and still does extensively?
    07hFRmZ.gif

I dont even know who Zheg is - and Ive fought pretty much all 'small man/solo' groups. This is as bad as when Crown said he "spends 95% of his time 1vXing."

Cant argue with Siphon's point on people talking about zergs and you always have the same guy showing up from said 20+ group running guild. Comments often made about you guys 'only have 12-18 on most days now' or something. Honestly, Zheg is just as desperate to prove hes accomplishing great things with few people as the people he seeks to insult. But at the end of the day, hes a huge unknown to most good players past and present. Once you voted in the barrier changes thread to have barriers remain hitting 24 people you pretty much lost all credibility as to what balance is with large vs small groups. Yea, should totally have 20k barriers hitting 24 people. I love cutting through 480,000 uncrittable damage from a single guys ult that can be replaced by one of the next 24 people.

Barrier was an odd fish. While I think it's obvious it was an extremely strong ulti, I'll stand by the points I made in that thread. Damage has continued to scale up and up and up with no real counter, and it's traditional counters (like purge, Rapids, barriers) have been brutalized or removed. I know you didn't like barriers for good reasons Fengrush, but group v group fights were vastly better with them than without. Without barrier there was no more counter play to a bomb, which sucks from a lead perspective because when fights literally come down to "who gets the first big hits in" the strategy element of leading got really dumbed down. Timed Nova/banner/veil + barrier 1-2 rotations went away in favor of dumping 24 meteors/bats. As always, the good groups adapted and continued to do the same things and obtain their wins, but it was simply less fun and over too quick.

And y'all can laugh at barriers being OP but you try facing a 24-man Nexus group with a Meth emp Proxy-Broken Dawnbreaker combo without it :D. They provided legitimate counter play in a meta where a half decent player could melt a 30k barrier in under one second.

And say what you will for Zheg, Mostly Harmless was a beast small man and were quite well known back when. They didn't make a ton of footage, but those of us who did small man back in the Bloodthorn/Wabba days knew them well. It's one reason I was overjoyed to have them come aboard VE when we went DC, nothing better then getting your rivals on your team to make you stronger.

I think the barrier change and rapids change have turned things for the better in a big way. 24 man groups used to be that much easier to run, just cruising around the keep from point to point with healers unable to be addressed and no burst option. Small group players were literally phased out entirely against how strong it was. It was way too strong. So yea - weve gone in a much better direction. Putting in prox det was awful, removing AOE caps and reworking dynamic ult gen would have been a godsend. I know meths DBs were strong, this is really just a phase of magicka sorcs already being capable of huge burst and having a scenario that doesnt exist as much now as it did in 1.6. Emps were much weaker patches after that until now - theyre pretty good again.

Mostly harmless wasnt bad, I knew people from it. I just didnt know Zheg. And Ive known plenty of players no matter their role in my alliance. My point is - he is not amongst the best and greats of small group play. Mostly harmless was not traditionally a 'small group guild'. A small group is 4-8 at most. You approach 12 after that, thats a small raid - and once youve hit 12, you function entirely different than you do as a 'small group.'

All of the top guilds will know who I am from release, I fought against them all, still friends with people from top EP/AD guilds. You should be able to vouch for Hijinx's size and their battles against my 4 man group. You wont talk sense to your buddy though - which is a real shame. Hes trying to build up an ego that doesnt even exist. Hes literally an unknown to many players, and wants to reach for glory through the groups and guilds hes been in. Sorry - it doesnt really work that way. At some point you have to prove yourself.

Weve all seen Jules small man PvPing very well for example, and shes been in big EP guilds. I know Teargrants is a good player - because Ive seen the builds hes pulled out and actually fought against him. I know winnie is more than just a healer, but an amazing one, because Ive fought against her and been unable to finish groups solely because of her. I know plenty of great DC, fought with the best of no mercy, played with khole, soloed and dueled, and led powerful small mans. He wants to bring up Mohican in another post as someone who holds his own - great player too. Go ahead and ask him. Ask anyone worth a damn. But when asked about Zheg - you wont get the same response back.

I know hes a raid leader in your guild, so hes probably pretty good at that. He may actually be a really good player - I just honestly cant speak for it. Ive never run across him in small group play, and thats really my point. If you never find yourself in situations on front lines outnumbered and discovering the worth of the person next to you, you never discover these great players. That is how Ive come to know people in this game. If youre always amongst a 12+ man group winning or losing your fight, thats you and thats fine. But I wont know you unless Im killing you really. I wouldnt have the audacity to call someone else out because I disagree with them either, like @zheg likes to do.

That is really where he screws up here and falls flat with his words. Im not saying players in ball groups are bad players, because none of the best ball groups have ever been composed of bad players. However, a 20+ man group can be composed of 12 fantastic players, and 8 mediocre players that wouldnt perform as well in small group play, and a couple people that would be utterly lost in small/solo play. Thats fine - people play the game differently. Ultimately, Ive always faulted ZOS for creating an environment that makes people ball up, and fostering it. I dont even blame the people that more than take advantage of it, they even defend it to a fault. Defend what brings you sweet and glorious 'victories,' whatever that means to you at the end of the day. That just isnt me. I enjoy large scale PvP. Ive been the head lead for 200+ people raids on sieges in L2, and was quite effective at it. But this game, cant function under those conditions. They broke it. And I wont throw myself into a mess that doesnt work and tell myself Im having fun when Im not. I wont lash out at the players who label themselves the best, because it doesnt bother me any. Frankly, I dont even care about who says they are the best small man/solo/dueler etc. Im just here to have fun. But this @Zheg guy - hes looking for some validation it looks like. And unfortunately he will go down as less than a skidmark in the history of this game compared to me.
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Zheg you are the number 1 person to defend big groups on the forums we get it, you dont want your play style nerfed. We all go through it
    Callig Zheg out for 'big group playstyle'? When he is someone who solo & small manned exclusively since launch and still does extensively?
    07hFRmZ.gif

I dont even know who Zheg is - and Ive fought pretty much all 'small man/solo' groups. This is as bad as when Crown said he "spends 95% of his time 1vXing."

Cant argue with Siphon's point on people talking about zergs and you always have the same guy showing up from said 20+ group running guild. Comments often made about you guys 'only have 12-18 on most days now' or something. Honestly, Zheg is just as desperate to prove hes accomplishing great things with few people as the people he seeks to insult. But at the end of the day, hes a huge unknown to most good players past and present. Once you voted in the barrier changes thread to have barriers remain hitting 24 people you pretty much lost all credibility as to what balance is with large vs small groups. Yea, should totally have 20k barriers hitting 24 people. I love cutting through 480,000 uncrittable damage from a single guys ult that can be replaced by one of the next 24 people.

Again, maybe if you played on the competitive campaigns fengrush... but then again you'd have to leave your comfort zone and actually fight against the majority of the better groups still running. .

Ive actually spent the last week going to Trueflame at night - its glorious AP farm. At night on Haderus, all that is left is templar groups of 20-40 players, which is fine to fight with 4, tough when Im down to 2. Trueflames groups were a bit easier, like TKO. Theres definitely more groups, especially from EP, on TF. Im happy to fight anywhere, Im not happy to fight in lag. Here's my arrival at Trueflame last night below. Looks like TKO got kicked off TF and came to Haderus. They were literally stacking with megaburns group and another bunch of AD players to make about 40-50 players, and the sad part is they wouldnt even go on offense, because they couldnt manage it.

This is why I dont like Trueflame. This is my experience whenever I go here between 6-12 EST. Nobody wants to watch this on stream, and Im streaming the game. Im not streaming a jokefest of lag. And sorry to say, people (including myself) arent as enthralled following the crown all night pounding steel tornado or BoL with massive delay and terrible frame rate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp8WQKzjD1k
  • ataggs
    ataggs
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think sometimes people forget that Fengrush is playing the game for profit. That means he needs to sell himself and his stream. Zheg and others do not. When Zheg crunches numbers and posts them here, I'm more likely to believe him because he has nothing to gain.
      Confirmed Casual
    • Templar DC- Zee Taggs
    • Templar EP- Zoola
    • Templar AD- Old Zoola
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ataggs wrote: »
    I think sometimes people forget that Fengrush is playing the game for profit.

lol one of these guys. Golden response. Youre probably more likely to believe Zheg because youre one of the handful of VE guild members that will come blindly back things up here he says.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...rambling...
    I think you've grossly misjudged. At no point did I give a flying F whether people consider me good or not. If I cared about that, I'd make highlight reels of all my kills, I'd use cheesy builds and find low level and inexperienced players to 1vX, I'd complain nonstop about how people in clusters bigger than 4 are zerging and are skill-less and ruining the game, I'd complain about how aoe caps are still the only thing holding me back (even though they're mostly irrelevant as of this patch because of how people are playing now). I've never been so full of myself to think that people cared to listen to me talk on youtube for 2+ hours on a single topic. I've never been so full of myself to insist people call me lord and talk about myself in the third person. Every ego and attention-starved point you tried to make about me really only applies to you man.

As far as names, I'd be willing to bet real money that more people who play blue (and now yellow) on the competitive campaigns recognize me far more often than one of your random friends, if not for the fact that I'm at most of the major fights for 4-5 hours a night, then for the fact that I'm constantly making call outs in zone. Here's the thing fengrush, if your chosen tactic is to go after someone's ego, they have to actually care about that for it to be effective. That's why it's worked so wonderfully against you thus far.

When it comes to small manning, I very rarely name-drop MH, few if anyone even remembers the guild name any more. I do so because morons looking to get peoples' goats insist that people running in large groups only ever do that, and/or have no insight into solo or small group play. Again, we arrive back to irony. I play every realm of pvp, you only ever play solo or small group. And yet you consistently insist you know more about large group play than the very people that do it on a nightly basis. Again, we arrive back to ego. If you can't handle someone pointing out when you're wrong or hypocritical, the trendy thing to do is fall back to "he's a zerger, all my 1vXer friends will say they don't even know him" in the hopes that no one actually looks critically at what you're saying and what they're saying. Sure, it works on quite a lot of people. Eventually people will catch on that in the midst of your sober opinions on balance, you have some asinine ones that are derived either through a lack of experience (fighting competitive groups, fighting in an actual RvRvR style with group play) or through bias. Your excuses for hiding in haderus have always been lag, healing, and aoe caps. Again, I'll reiterate, lag has gone down considerably, healing has been nerfed considerably, and aoe caps have become mostly irrelevant. You have few excuses to hide behind any more.

As for the meta, there are components of it that have improved, but there are many that feel the meta has regressed, not progressed. As annoying as you may have found ball groups to be, the bombardtard spam and permaroot go well beyond the frustrating and into the realm of fun-less. People like meth were able to wipe large swaths of groups in the barrier meta - even without emp. Maybe you were just doing it wrong brah. Replacing the barrier meta with the bombard meta is like trading in one STD for one that's even worse, you're welcome to embrace it, don't expect rational people to though. I've found you've been unable to actually put solid arguments behind much of the balance components you insist are broken, and fall back on the same tactics you just used in your rant above. For someone that spends so much time talking, you'd think you'd be a better debater, but instead you shift towards the '1v1 me brah' mentality when threatened.

Off topic, but I do find it interesting that you made the jump to the competitive campaign after 2 long years, the same week we bowed out. Probably just a coincidence and haderus being boring, but I do find it ironic.

You're probably far better in a duel, I've probably done so less than 50 times in the 2.5 years I've played ESO. But when it comes to debating, or heck, even sarcasm and wit, you're a potato checking his map while standing in oil.
    Edited by Zheg on July 2, 2016 12:14AM
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...rambling...
    I play every realm of pvp,

Like I said, if you did, Id actually know you and could rate you.

Lots of lines about useless meta stuff, stopped about halfway down. Youre a ball group player predominantly and defend it to all ends on the forums. Dont pull a Crown on us and pretend youre a 1vX / small group experienced player all of a sudden.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...rambling...
    I play every realm of pvp,

Like I said, if you did, Id actually know you and could rate you.

Lots of lines about useless meta stuff, stopped about halfway down. Youre a ball group player predominantly and defend it to all ends on the forums. Dont pull a Crown on us and pretend youre a 1vX / small group experienced player all of a sudden.

Like I said, ego. You don't know everything, and you don't know everyone. In fact, I'd be surprised if you could even name 30% of the good players on TF. If I cared enough to have you 'know' me, I'd post videos of me cheesing pugs. I do spend a majority of my time as a large group player, but do you not realize how moronic you sound saying you don't know X, but you know that X doesn't play such and such a way because reasons. Here's the thing about ego fengrush, when it comes to sorcs, I may offer my opinion based on my overall experiences with the game, but I'd defer to teargrants, or meth, or QAM, or force siphon, or any other person that has far more experience. When it comes to group play though, not only do you have almost zero experience with it, you don't even play against or by the majority of the strongest guilds in the game because you avoid the competitive campaign. I don't know how else to explain that to you, there really aren't many other ways to reword the same point. You go beyond disregarding people that posses the experience you lack and actually insist you're right. It's analogous to a real estate agent insisting they know more about climate change than climate scientist at NOAA. If the discussion was about the housing bubble, then sure, you've got legs to stand on. But those aren't the arguments you're having.
    Edited by Zheg on July 2, 2016 12:24AM
  • Oxwood
    Oxwood
    ✭✭
    I think sometimes people forget that Fengrush is playing the game for profit. That means he needs to sell himself and his stream. Zheg and others do not. When Zheg crunches numbers and posts them here, I'm more likely to believe him because he has nothing to gain.
    If FENGRUSH was really playing this game for the profit then he would be kissing Zose's a**, his YouTube channel wouldn't be so sloppy, he would play large group and defend zergs to get donations from the large group players, and he would have more regular upload and stream schedules. And also Zheg gets to boast, and show off how great he is to boost his ego, so he really does have something to gain, thus by your logic is less honest than FENGRUSH.
    swag
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...rambling...
    I think you've grossly misjudged. At no point did I give a flying F whether people consider me good or not. If I cared about that, I'd make highlight reels of all my kills, I'd use cheesy builds and find low level and inexperienced players to 1vX, I'd complain nonstop about how people in clusters bigger than 4 are zerging and are skill-less and ruining the game, I'd complain about how aoe caps are still the only thing holding me back (even though they're mostly irrelevant as of this patch because of how people are playing now). I've never been so full of myself to think that people cared to listen to me talk on youtube for 2+ hours on a single topic. I've never been so full of myself to insist people call me lord and talk about myself in the third person. Every ego and attention-starved point you tried to make about me really only applies to you man.

As far as names, I'd be willing to bet real money that more people who play blue (and now yellow) on the competitive campaigns recognize me far more often than one of your random friends, if not for the fact that I'm at most of the major fights for 4-5 hours a night, then for the fact that I'm constantly making call outs in zone. Here's the thing fengrush, if your chosen tactic is to go after someone's ego, they have to actually care about that for it to be effective. That's why it's worked so wonderfully against you thus far.

When it comes to small manning, I very rarely name-drop MH, few if anyone even remembers the guild name any more. I do so because morons looking to get peoples' goats insist that people running in large groups only ever do that, and/or have no insight into solo or small group play. Again, we arrive back to irony. I play every realm of pvp, you only ever play solo or small group. And yet you consistently insist you know more about large group play than the very people that do it on a nightly basis. Again, we arrive back to ego. If you can't handle someone pointing out when you're wrong or hypocritical, the trendy thing to do is fall back to "he's a zerger, all my 1vXer friends will say they don't even know him" in the hopes that no one actually looks critically at what you're saying and what they're saying. Sure, it works on quite a lot of people. Eventually people will catch on that in the midst of your sober opinions on balance, you have some asinine ones that are derived either through a lack of experience (fighting competitive groups, fighting in an actual RvRvR style with group play) or through bias. Your excuses for hiding in haderus have always been lag, healing, and aoe caps. Again, I'll reiterate, lag has gone down considerably, healing has been nerfed considerably, and aoe caps have become mostly irrelevant. You have few excuses to hide behind any more.

As for the meta, there are components of it that have improved, but there are many that feel the meta has regressed, not progressed. As annoying as you may have found ball groups to be, the bombardtard spam and permaroot go well beyond the frustrating and into the realm of fun-less. People like meth were able to wipe large swaths of groups in the barrier meta - even without emp. Maybe you were just doing it wrong brah. Replacing the barrier meta with the bombard meta is like trading in one STD for one that's even worse, you're welcome to embrace it, don't expect rational people to though. I've found you've been unable to actually put solid arguments behind much of the balance components you insist are broken, and fall back on the same tactics you just used in your rant above. For someone that spends so much time talking, you'd think you'd be a better debater, but instead you shift towards the '1v1 me brah' mentality when threatened.

Off topic, but I do find it interesting that you made the jump to the competitive campaign after 2 long years, the same week we bowed out. Probably just a coincidence and haderus being boring, but I do find it ironic.

You're probably far better in a duel, I've probably done so less than 50 times in the 2.5 years I've played ESO. But when it comes to debating, or heck, even sarcasm and wit, you're a potato checking his map while standing in oil.

what happened to Meth? havent seen him
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oxwood wrote: »
    If FENGRUSH was really playing this game for the profit then he would be kissing Zose's a**, his YouTube channel wouldn't be so sloppy, he would play large group and defend zergs to get donations from the large group players, and he would have more regular upload and stream schedules. And also Zheg gets to boast, and show off how great he is to boost his ego, so he really does have something to gain, thus by your logic is less honest than FENGRUSH.

Boasting requires professing how good you are. You'll be hard-pressed to find me ever doing so, about myself or my guild. I'm pretty well-grounded and realistic. You will find me shutting down people making trash talk that isn't based in reality though.
    Edited by Zheg on July 2, 2016 12:30AM
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darnathian wrote: »
    ...rambling...

what happened to Meth? havent seen him

He was running with invictus for the last few weeks on his temp tickthusalah (spell check?), switched to his sorc when bee-chan had emp for a day or so. I haven't played since the campaign ended because I needed a breather from the nonstop pace we held, so I don't know if he's bounced since then.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NA has such an amazing salty community.

I am a bit jealous.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • TooskSG
    TooskSG
    ✭✭✭
    I do find it interesting that you made the jump to the competitive campaign after 2 long years, the same week we bowed out. Probably just a coincidence and haderus being boring, but I do find it ironic.
    And yet you consistently insist you know more about large group play than the very people that do it on a nightly basis.

Don't mind me, just saving some snippets for future reference/documentation for my civil suit regarding soda damage to monitor.

Carry on
    Edited by TooskSG on July 2, 2016 1:18AM
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oxwood wrote: »

People don't watch someone in the middle of a large group, they watch individuals who look like they are good by taking on a bunch of potatoes rather than participating in actually challenging fights.
This discussion has been closed.