Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New block animation needs to go.. seriously.

• BenLocoDete
    BenLocoDete
    ✭✭✭
    Van_0S wrote: »
    Its to make others know whether the players are doing animation cancel or exploiting.

A horrible excuse, what are we going to do once we figure it, call ZOS GM? They added it to fit their UI development plans, the team behind art and interface found that it would make a feature, but it must be toggleable, it is completely out of place and only makes the game less original and more clichè. It is like, ported from another (bad)game to ESO.
    Edited by BenLocoDete on June 20, 2016 10:36PM
    [slit]Throat[/slit]
  • pelennor_fields
    pelennor_fields
    ✭✭✭
    :#
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd gladly disable this shield. If only there would be an option...
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Nénlindë
    Nénlindë
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want the option to disable it.. I want it completely removed from the game. It's literally one of the worst things they have ever done.
    Charmander
    every time
    nothing ever beats charmander
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    Taruha wrote: »
    I mentioned this on the PTS forums and it was completely ignored by the developers.
    I'd love to know the reason for adding a immersion breaking shield animation on top of the already existing animation.
    Please help me get some attention to this, because it's ugly and unnecessary.
    Please do not continue to ignore my plea to remove this.
    As an RPer I am super disappointed that it went live.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

immersion breaking? your char breathing fire, crouching in place in broad daylight in the middle of nowhere and being "invisible", being able to swap from a bow to a big 2hander and back to a bow in a matter of a fraction of a second, holding 200 items, summoning your horse from nowhere...

..none of those were immersion breaking or something?
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    Aleraon wrote: »
    @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert
    I can't believe the number of threads regarding this thing since it hit the pts and the new threads that are still springing up now, and thus far every single one has been ignored.

It really would be nice to get at least some acknowledgement that any of the threads regarding the visual have been noted and that a toggle is being considered, or indeed some explanation as to why it was even implemented in the first place.

probably because nobody but the minority of posters here have an issue with it.

the npc's have had the animation since launch.
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    All we're asking for is a toggle, that way we can choose if we want the eyes sore or not :)
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
    -=Nelaren Mosswind DC EU Stamina Nightblade=-
    -=Laura Desario DC EU Dragonknight=-
    -=Marni Bleakwood AD EU Stamina Templar=-
    -=Jealine Murow DC EU Magica Nightblade=-
    http://www.op-cast.com (Give us a listen if you're into RP and ESO lore!)
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    Dixa wrote: »
    Taruha wrote: »
    I mentioned this on the PTS forums and it was completely ignored by the developers.
    I'd love to know the reason for adding a immersion breaking shield animation on top of the already existing animation.
    Please help me get some attention to this, because it's ugly and unnecessary.
    Please do not continue to ignore my plea to remove this.
    As an RPer I am super disappointed that it went live.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

immersion breaking? your char breathing fire, crouching in place in broad daylight in the middle of nowhere and being "invisible", being able to swap from a bow to a big 2hander and back to a bow in a matter of a fraction of a second, holding 200 items, summoning your horse from nowhere...

..none of those were immersion breaking or something?

Breathing fire, not so much. But the other mentioned things, yes :) Though I am not asking for all immersion breaking things to be removed. I was hoping to have a simple toggle on and off option for the animation :)
    There is already a toggle for combat cues on NPCs in game already :) So If you do not want to see the shield animation on a mob you do not have to ^^ Would be nice to have that for your character as well, as your character already does a block animation underneath the newly added one.
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
    -=Nelaren Mosswind DC EU Stamina Nightblade=-
    -=Laura Desario DC EU Dragonknight=-
    -=Marni Bleakwood AD EU Stamina Templar=-
    -=Jealine Murow DC EU Magica Nightblade=-
    http://www.op-cast.com (Give us a listen if you're into RP and ESO lore!)
  • pelennor_fields
    pelennor_fields
    ✭✭✭
    This blocking animation thing still sucks... Maybe the worst addition to the game ever. Intrusive, ugly, and poorly thought out. I hope i am not the only player who would still like to see this horrible blasphemy removed.