Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New block animation needs to go.. seriously.

Taruha
Taruha
✭✭✭
I mentioned this on the PTS forums and it was completely ignored by the developers.
I'd love to know the reason for adding a immersion breaking shield animation on top of the already existing animation.
Please help me get some attention to this, because it's ugly and unnecessary.
Please do not continue to ignore my plea to remove this.
As an RPer I am super disappointed that it went live.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
_-PC-_
-=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
-=Nelaren Mosswind DC EU Stamina Nightblade=-
-=Laura Desario DC EU Dragonknight=-
-=Marni Bleakwood AD EU Stamina Templar=-
-=Jealine Murow DC EU Magica Nightblade=-
http://www.op-cast.com (Give us a listen if you're into RP and ESO lore!)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I understand showing it on other characters, but I feel there should be an option for if you see it or not. I personally find it to be the most offending when you are in first person and suddenly this glowing gold thing is taking up a ton of your screen.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Yes, I understand showing it on other characters, but I feel there should be an option for if you see it or not. I personally find it to be the most offending when you are in first person and suddenly this glowing gold thing is taking up a ton of your screen.

It looks terrible! They could atleast have added a toggle for it.. I have no idea why they added it.. Did anyone ask for it?
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taruha wrote: »
    MissBizz wrote: »

It looks terrible! They could atleast have added a toggle for it.. I have no idea why they added it.. Did anyone ask for it?

No idea, but I'm a large supporter of options. I can understand why it would be added, as I imagine it helps players in competitive environments such as pvp, but making a switch so you turn off what you see wouldn't wreck that at all, you could make the choice.

I never saw anyone ask for it, but that doesn't mean people didn't ask. I just wish a toggle was made for it.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like training trait dropping on end-game gear, just like not being able to harvest different level potency runes, this was another change that received a lot of negative feedback that ZoS decided to implement anyway.

The PTS is, and has always been, mostly a way for ZoS to outsource quality control and to find bugs.
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's one solution which will keep everyone happy, toggle. Come on ZoS!
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like training trait dropping on end-game gear, just like not being able to harvest different level potency runes, this was another change that received a lot of negative feedback that ZoS decided to implement anyway.

The PTS is, and has always been, mostly a way for ZoS to outsource quality control and to find bugs.

Quality control? I was under the impression they simply used it to advertise for the next DLC. If they wanted it to truly be a PTS it would be up all the time and they'd release all of their small changes in there to test throughout the development of the next patch.

"Oh, people are reporting that gap closers are not working. There's a fix out on the PTS for people to try, did that take care of it?" Instead of just dumping everything in all at once.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Haydenmango
    Haydenmango
    ✭✭✭
    Please add a toggle to this.

There are already to many particles and special effects distracting me in combat. I don't need a redundant shield effect plastered everywhere when people are blocking. I've never had an issue with being able to tell if someone is blocking or not so this is just more unnecessary junk that is getting in the way.
    Haydenmango V16 Magicka Dragonknight Ebonheart Pact PC/NA

I PvE AND PvP!

I stream on twitch sometimes - https://www.twitch.tv/haydenmango/profile
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, toggle is where it's at!
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind it much at all but toggles are always nice
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or like making gap closers "more reliable" by adding a 100% snare to the player getting closed on. No one asked for that either. They fixed something that wasn't broken and had to spend valuable time and energy fixing the "fix" that no one wanted in the first place...

Seems to be a pattern.
    Edited by kadar on May 31, 2016 8:21PM
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't this have to do with animation prioritization? I recall seeing many complaints over not seeing people blocking when they really were.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    Lord_Wrath wrote: »
    Doesn't this have to do with animation prioritization? I recall seeing many complaints over not seeing people blocking when they really were.

It still should be optional, a toggle for RP sake shouldn't be hard to do, they did it with the Inner light abillity back in the day. And you can turn on and off combat cues on mobs.
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then add it ONLY in Cyrodiil... but it's ridiculous for solo questing players having to be 'notified' when they're blocking. DUH... I'm holding the block button, I think I KNOW that I'm blocking.
    CP: 1920 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right I get it, im just trying to add some insight to this. Maybe theyll change it later on.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a messaging issue.

So you know if PVE when you've animation cancelled something and are/or should be taking reduced blocked damage while the animation plays out.

And in PVP so other players have a visual reference for a character blocking while an animation is still playing out.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

Then add it ONLY in Cyrodiil... but it's ridiculous for solo questing players having to be 'notified' when they're blocking. DUH... I'm holding the block button, I think I KNOW that I'm blocking.

While I appreciate a dissenting opinion if you think just because you push the button your blocking I would suggest you really are not paying attention to combat
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything can be based on what has happened already. If it truly is visually distracting etc... eventually they will provide the option.

I gotta say, for good or bad, ZOS does seem to listen and change such things for the populace (bound armor for example) just takes a while.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Aleraon
    Aleraon
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_RichLambert

Can we please get a toggle for this as it's a rather pointless and obtrusive visual that only serves to irritate and add clutter to the screen.

If not then can we at least have the blue glow effect from inner light on all the time as it used to be as that at least looked good on my magicka based characters. This new visual when blocking is horrendous.
    (EU/AD) CP501 Razum-dah - Khajiiti Templar Healer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'Kara Silverclaw - Khajiiti Dragonknight tank
    (EU/AD) CP501 Rajhiin - Khajiiti stamina Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Draven Corvillian - Breton magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Sinderian Nightflame - High Elf magicka sorcerer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'zargo Silverclaw - Khajiit stamina Templar
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ariella Nightshade - High Elf Magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ri'shada - Khajiit Stamina Sorcerer
    (EU/AD) LVL29 Valeon Indoril - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight
    *The Queen stole this one's moonsugar candies lol*
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    get rid of it.

completely unnecessary and clunky.
  • sirskol
    sirskol
    Soul Shriven
    Even lost the desire to play with my nightblade , it has to become optional
    Ebonheart Pact

Ragnarskol (Nightblade tank) - Nord - CP 352
    Saintnopaul (Templar Magicka) - Breton - CP 352
    ESO= Loanding
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its to make others know whether the players are doing animation cancel or exploiting.
  • Aleraon
    Aleraon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Van_0S wrote: »
    Its to make others know whether the players are doing animation cancel or exploiting.

In pvp you could already see it on other players, just not yourself. In pve being shown on your own interface is pointless.
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    Hear our plea! All we ask for is the option for it to be visible :)
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    Still wanting a comment on this, I'd love to see this be made a toggle :) I am sure the majority agrees!
    And my roleplay friends most certainly do! ^^
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • TamrielDrifter
    TamrielDrifter
    Soul Shriven
    I play most of the game in first person view, especially for my RP characters where I play with the UI off for full immersion. For my game the shield animation is an unnecessary intrusion. Please add a toggle on/off option soon.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm probably the only one I know who legitimately likes this animation...

For probably over a year I've wanted the set that used this animation. It was predominantly a pvp set (if I remember correctly) and was always geared towards lower levels than what my character actually is/was, so I could never justify using it as a pve tank. But man, I've always thought it looked cool.

I completely understand why people don't like it. As such, I totally support a toggle option.
    Edited by Autolycus on June 2, 2016 8:04PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This needs to be a toggle.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Aleraon
    Aleraon
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert
    I can't believe the number of threads regarding this thing since it hit the pts and the new threads that are still springing up now, and thus far every single one has been ignored.

It really would be nice to get at least some acknowledgement that any of the threads regarding the visual have been noted and that a toggle is being considered, or indeed some explanation as to why it was even implemented in the first place.
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    Aleraon wrote: »
    @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert
    I can't believe the number of threads regarding this thing since it hit the pts and the new threads that are still springing up now, and thus far every single one has been ignored.

It really would be nice to get at least some acknowledgement that any of the threads regarding the visual have been noted and that a toggle is being considered, or indeed some explanation as to why it was even implemented in the first place.

I agree, it would be good to know that we are not being ignored.
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-