Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Heem-Jas set is too strong

Erondil
Erondil
✭✭✭✭✭
85b9806844.jpg
Group PvP DPS this set is completely OP, in large fights there is always ennemies dying around when you need high damage so it will always be up. Heck even on a magicka build if it comes on weapons and jewelry it might be worth using. Major Berserk as of now is extremely hard to get, thats a good thing for such a strong buff but this set (if there is no cd) give potentially access to a permanent 25% damage buff, thus it needs a nerf or everybody will be using it. Either a CD (bad idea imo with such a short duration) either make it give minor berserk (would still be good for any stam dps except nightblade, although maybe not BiS) either make it give 12% more damage that stacks with minor and major berserk (the ways to get major berserk are so few and situationnal that you almost cant have everything up), either make it procc when you kill an ennemy and not when an ennemy dies. Even then it would be extremely strong as far as group PvP is concerned (6man+)
Edited by Erondil on June 28, 2016 12:04PM
~retired~
EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
Youtube Channel
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I kinda agree with you, but I think that we can only make those conclusions after testing :smile:
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Nikkor
    Nikkor
    ✭✭✭
    3 seconds.

it will be no more op than vicious death.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nikkor wrote: »
    3 seconds.

lol

rip decibel
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nikkor wrote: »
    3 seconds.

3 seconds doesnt mean anything when there is no cd and it proccs on any ennemy dying (not only the ones you kill). At least in large scale pvp with an organised group.
    ~retired~
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Youtube Channel
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. major Berserk is the strongest buff in the game and so far, only Nightblades (who else) have rather easy access to major berserk with the 2nd morph of Mark target. I use it on my magicka Nb and it is very very OP actually.

And this set gives even easier access to this buff. It's stamina exclusive again, like most strong things in the game. But I agree with OP's suggestiong. Minor berserk or give it a flat value and this should not surpass 10%
    Edited by Dracane on June 28, 2016 12:18PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if this doesnt drop in rings, then i have 1 question, why run this over hundings rage? hundings rage is stronger
    #MOREORBS
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    if this doesnt drop in rings, then i have 1 question, why run this over hundings rage? hundings rage is stronger

Are you saying that 688 weapon critical and 300 weapon damage is anywhere close to 25% damage increase on everything? (other set proccs, poisons, enchants..)
    ~retired~
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Youtube Channel
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The key word here is "nearby". For all we know you will need to be in a 0-5 meter radius to get this buff to work.... however this set may also have a huge radius, which makes this set in group play pretty good.

I'll probably stick with my clever alchemist.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on June 28, 2016 1:39PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's ***.

The set bonus has only 3 seconds duration, so it's likely over before you even hit the next enemy with your gap closer.

Yes, there are enemies dying around you very often. That's what makes the set even viable in the first place (unless the radius is really small).

Some comparisons for you:

Minor Berserk=+8% dmg
    Hunding's Rage=+5.6%~ dmg on average (always up)
    Alchemist=+15%~ dmg (for 15 seconds)
    Viper=+4-5k burst damage (more than any of the above)

This is an interesting set that could possibly see similar niche use to Vicious Death - there is no reason to nerf it (or Vicious Death for that matter).

If anything, I'd toss out the regen bonus & add weapon damage instead, as that would fit the set's design philosophy better.
    Edited by DDuke on June 28, 2016 1:51PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 seconds is not a very long period of time. Radius is a big part of this theorycrafting. If it is a really small radius around the user donning the set, then he has little time to spare to make use of the bonus. If there is an obvious proc on this set, the first thing the target will do is roll dodge away. By the time the target creates distance 3 seconds will already be up.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on June 28, 2016 2:16PM
  • Kiiiddd
    Kiiiddd
    I think the super important thing to know how good this will be in those situational fights is the Range as others have pointed out. I would guess the range is Melee Range(8m) and at that range majority of fights in Cryodil would be fine. Might get high uptime fighting in keeps and in The Imperial City
    Edited by Kiiiddd on June 28, 2016 2:43PM
  • Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    More precisions for the last bonus are needed. What radius exactly ?
    This set interesting for solo and small group, at least zenimax give some good sets for fight larger groups.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erondil wrote: »
    85b9806844.jpg
    Group PvP DPS this set is completely OP, in large fights there is always ennemies dying around when you need high damage so it will always be up. Heck even on a magicka build if it comes on weapons and jewelry it might be worth using. Major Berserk as of now is extremely hard to get, thats a good thing for such a strong buff but this set (if there is no cd) give potentially access to a permanent 25% damage buff, thus it needs a nerf or everybody will be using it. Either a CD (bad idea imo with such a short duration) either make it give minor berserk (would still be good for any stam dps except nightblade, although maybe not BiS) either make it give 12% more damage that stacks with minor and major berserk (the ways to get major berserk are so few and situationnal that you almost cant have everything up), either make it procc when you kill an ennemy and not when an ennemy dies. Even then it would be extremely strong as far as group PvP is concerned (6man+)

Or you can actually test this build before running around and yelling that the sky is falling.

What I find absolutely ridiculous and bothersome about posts like these, YOU DIDN'T EVEN TEST IT YET AND YOU ALREADY ASK FOR A NERF!

If this doesn't come in jewelry it will not be OP at all. Not even close.

Since we are not testing it, let's just use our brains for a moment.
    (Keep in mind this is under the premise there are no jewelry pieces for this set)

This 4 piece is the same as Night's Silence. I will show you the standard Stamina DPS build (5pc set, 3pc agil, 1 kena, 1 blood, Mael 2h) stats. You have under 2900 weapon damage and with Rally (Major Brutality) you have 3428.
    YWaISqt.jpg

The proc on this set gives 25% damage for 3 seconds. That's not that big of a deal.

There are a few things that need to be addressed and brought into the open:
    • Cyrodiil is largely a group of unskilled zerg players. This means there is a lot of lag. 3 seconds is about what it would take to find a target and close distance.
    • We don't even know what the proximity is for the buff. For this buff to be even remotely good you would need someone dying every 2 seconds within a certain proximity to keep the buff up at all times.
    • Most burst builds already have way more damage than what this set offers.
    • Requires an uncontrolled gimmick such as player death within certain proximity to be remotely effective.

You guys need to stop posting before you actually test a thing, it's absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by Xael on June 28, 2016 3:11PM
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    That's ***.

The set bonus has only 3 seconds duration, so it's likely over before you even hit the next enemy with your gap closer.

Yes, there are enemies dying around you very often. That's what makes the set even viable in the first place (unless the radius is really small).

Some comparisons for you:

Minor Berserk=+8% dmg
    Hunding's Rage=+5.6%~ dmg on average (always up)
    Alchemist=+15%~ dmg (for 15 seconds)
    Viper=+4-5k burst damage (more than any of the above)

This is an interesting set that could possibly see similar niche use to Vicious Death - there is no reason to nerf it (or Vicious Death for that matter).

If anything, I'd toss out the regen bonus & add weapon damage instead, as that would fit the set's design philosophy better.

Remind me the last time you played organised large scale PvP? I'm telling you 3 seconds is not a problem when you dont have to do the killing blows here
    ~retired~
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Youtube Channel
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »
    85b9806844.jpg

Or you can actually test this build before running around and yelling that the sky is falling.

What I find absolutely ridiculous and bothersome about posts like these, YOU DIDN'T EVEN TEST IT YET AND YOU ALREADY ASK FOR A NERF!

(Keep in mind this is under the premise there are no jewelry pieces for this set)

This 4 piece is the same as Night's Silence. I will show you the standard Stamina DPS build (5pc set, 3pc agil, 1 kena, 1 blood, Mael 2h) stats. You have under 2900 weapon damage and with Rally (Major Brutality) you have 3428.

The proc on this set gives 25% damage for 3 seconds. That's not that big of a deal.

• Cyrodiil is largely a group of unskilled zerg players. This means there is a lot of lag. 3 seconds is about what it would take to find a target and close distance.
    • We don't even know what the proximity is for the buff. For this buff to be even remotely good you would need someone dying every 2 seconds within a certain proximity to keep the buff up at all times.
    • Requires an uncontrolled gimmick such as player death within certain proximity to be remotely effective.

You guys need to stop posting before you actually test a thing, it's absolutely ridiculous.

Thats why science is so cool, you can make deductions without complete test. Nobody went from sun to earth at light speed yet we know how long it takes... to test large scale pvp you have to be on live and they barely do any balances change when the patch is live we both know it
    ~retired~
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Youtube Channel
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    85b9806844.jpg

Thats why science is so cool, you can make deductions without complete test. Nobody went from sun to earth at light speed yet we know how long it takes... to test large scale pvp you have to be on live and they barely do any balances change when the patch is live we both know it

Whoah whoah hold on a second.
    What you are doing is NOT science. If anything this is the bastardization of the word.
    No, what you are doing is fear mongering without doing any tests at all.

To test pvp, including large scale all you need to do is log on and run around fighting during prime time. There are plenty of people in an area. Again, something you are not doing. Moreover you ignored all my points and swept them under the rug without addressing any of the objective facts. Nothing scientific here, more like science-falsely-called.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure whether it would end up better than other 5 pieces. These days the meta is more hit and run burst whereas this set would probably suit a more sustained constant flow of kills. Would depend on who your fighting against (organised group or a long stream of pugs), location (open field, keep fights, tower farms etc) on whether this set would be running over something else.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on June 28, 2016 3:29PM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    85b9806844.jpg

Whoah whoah hold on a second.
    What you are doing is NOT science. If anything this is the bastardization of the word.
    No, what you are doing is fear mongering without doing any tests at all.

To test pvp, including large scale all you need to do is log on and run around fighting during prime time. There are plenty of people in an area. Again, something you are not doing. Moreover you ignored all my points and swept them under the rug without addressing any of the objective facts. Nothing scientific here, more like science-falsely-called.

I meant large scale in an organised group, which I do very often (on a daylie basis) and think I'm in a much better position to claim that there is often more than 1 dead every 3 seconds with such a group. I never called what I'm doing actual science, just deducting things from fact that I experience everyday and the information given by games tooltip. Ever heard of parallelism? Because thats grossly the science process in reality.
    ~retired~
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Youtube Channel
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    What does nearby mean?

5m
    8m
    10m
    20m
    30m
    40m
    50m
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is this OP? I wouldn't trade this for my vicious ophidian :3 I might run it on a trials healer maybe. Onlu looks good for burning down adds wi]ith aoe dmg. could be good in trials where some ADDS have millions of health.
  • Scamandros
    Scamandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    somewhat offtopic, but am curious if this set will proc off things like enemy engine guardian pet expiring.
    Aeryj
    Fantasia
    Blades of Vengeance

Mighty Eagle by serjustin19 for your viewing convenience.
    Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle.
    I fell out of my nest

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I screech I screech
    but no one hears me

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I started to wonder off
    I want to come back but lost my way.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I came face to face
    Of Mighty Lion

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I came to fall in love with Mighty Lion
    Who's claws is sharp and just

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Then suddenly
    Mighty Dragon Came

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Dragon roared aloud
    Who's mighty paws make earthquake
    that quivers underneath our feet

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Soon battle rages
    Between the Mighty Lion and Mighty Dragon

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    My heart grows heavy
    For who do I belong in Scourge PS4 EU

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I continue to battle.
    But Battle I must do within myself

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I screech, I screech
    Long and hard. I made a fuss

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Then suddenly
    As if I was dreaming

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I heard a screech
    But suddenly, I attack Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle had to defend

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I know I was fighting for Mighty Lion
    So I fought back.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I attack I attack
    But to no avail

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    The Mighty claws who's mighty claws
    Felt unnatural to me and very clumsy to me

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Why I have chosen to not stay with you
    I do not know. I am complicated at that.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I have destroyed Mighty Eagle
    My own kin in Scourge PS4 EU

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I crawled into a ball
    Weep to no avail

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Lost in my whirling thoughts
    My heart and mind is clouded

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I have served Mighty Lion over a year
    I thought Mighty Lion is were I belong anew

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I finally contacted
    Mighty Eagle

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle says they love me
    In reality I love them also.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I continued to clash
    At Mighty Eagle however

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    But clashing with Mighty Eagle
    Just not feel right

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I have made a wrong choice I now believe
    Terrible and unjust of what I did

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    For am I not a monster
    For attacking a faction who loves me instead

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I was wrong
    Mighty Eagle was right

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Come. Please take me back Mighty Eagle
    For I believe I now know

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Were I truly belong
    For indeed I thought

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    That Mighty Lion
    Is were I belong.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    O how I was so wrong Mighty Eagle
    I was gravely wrong and such a fool I was.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    You have met
    Princess Justine

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Princess Justine who attacked
    Mighty Eagle

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I know this was wrong
    And so to does Princess Justine

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    With our clashing together
    I now know were I truly belong in Scourge PS4 EU I believe.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Have you all not heard
    The famous saying. That is very wise and so very true?

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Let me repeat the famous saying
    that is very wise and so true

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    It is
    My Enemy, Enemy's, Enemy's
    Is my friend

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I come to thee Mighty Eagle
    And so to Princess Justine.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Who used to serve Mighty Lion
    But Now serve Mighty Eagle
    For the very first time in her career.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Princess Justine and are one in the same
    Were I go. She will go to. For she believes it is right choice

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    We are all yours
    O Mighty Eagle

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    No one else but you
    I feel peaceful. Unafraid

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I belong to you O mighty Eagle
    I am so relieved to hear myself to say that

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Princess Justine and I

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Now flies and fights alongside with Mighty Eagle
    Who's Mighty talons stand for sacred Freedom

Written by Serjustin19
    Written on this day
    September 27. The day when My troubled mind is not clouded no longer.
    In the year of my troubles end
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ROCK ON STA DK !!!
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    What does nearby mean?

5m
    8m
    10m
    20m
    30m
    40m
    50m

2500m like the minor savagery buff from NBs used to be o:)
    Noobplar
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is this OP? I wouldn't trade this for my vicious ophidian :3 I might run it on a trials healer maybe. Onlu looks good for burning down adds wi]ith aoe dmg. could be good in trials where some ADDS have millions of health.

Read my OP again I said in organised group PvP,in PvE I know its situationnal
    ~retired~
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Youtube Channel
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to only affect zerg v zergs in other words....Your gonna die
  • Kiiiddd
    Kiiiddd
    This set will be overpowered for grinding mobs for exp that's for sure lmao
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This set will only be OP in a Zerg vs Zerg setting. 1v1 it's useless, 1vX you will most likely die or the buff will wear off long before you can get to use it.

Vicious Death is more OP than this set because at least you can chain reaction kill everyone with VD whereas this set still requires you to still fight to kill people.
    Argonian forever
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just take comfort in the fact that many many many pvp-ers are too cheap, too stubborn, or too anti-pve to get these sets. :P
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    85b9806844.jpg

vicious ophidian is worded the same way but doesnt work on pvp kills. I assume this is the same
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    85b9806844.jpg

vicious ophidian is worded the same way but doesnt work on pvp kills. I assume this is the same

Are you sure? Last I tested it worked on PvP kills as well (though last I tested was over a year ago :D )